Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I will alert the mods of this thread

alert your mom to my dick. never mind she already knows all about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Sweet Tea posted:

alert your mom to my dick. never mind she already knows all about it

no no i hear it's so big there's more exploring to do

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

"hear"

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

drat

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
This thread is in direct violation of the rules...Sorry, but rules are rules, I'm tired of topics like this making GBS threads up GBS

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

you're tired of the burger thread being in General Burger Spiel?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

More burgin' less 'spurgin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-yldqNkGfo

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

This thread is in direct violation of the rules...Sorry, but rules are rules, I'm tired of topics like this making GBS threads up GBS

suck

my dick :cool:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
i just burged (that's what it's called when you eat a burger) and it was good, op

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I think you all have convinced me, tomorrow I will go out and get a burger

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
favorite burger:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Gaunab posted:

favorite burger:

this isnt a burg get the gently caress out of the burg thread you heathen

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

what you've got there is at the very maximum an open sided sandwich

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Steak burgers. Yay or nay?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
actually i could go for a fast food burger...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

nomadologique posted:

actually i could go for a fast food burger...

aint no shame in it!

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
gonna stand behind wendy's pretzel burger. poo poo is good. also found out from the wife today tht you can order jack in the box burgers with jack in the box special sauce, which is sort of like taco sauce mixed with mayonaise

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

What do you goons put in the ground beef before you cook a burger? I like to put ketchup and Dijon mustard in mine, but I'm not sure if that does anything or if it's all in my head.

I used to add various ingredients when making patties but ive found that keeping it simple is best. I start with ground sirloin mixed with ground round or ground chuck at about 2:3 ratio sirloin:chuck/round. Add a tiny bit of olive oil and a little bit of salt but that's it. Before cooking ill add a bit more salt and pepper to the flat sides of the patty. Cheddar or whatever type of cheese melted on top towards the end if cooking.

That gives a solid foundation and you can put other toppings on after cooking to achieve variations in flavor.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I got a lot of venison and I bought a meat grinder a few weeks ago. Deer meat is very lean and as long as you trim as much of the gamey tasting fat from it, tastes good.

I plan on cutting it with beef and adding a splash of beef stock to season/juice it up. Is this within acceptable bounds of burg science or am I tampering with forces I can't even begin to comprehend? Asking for a friend.

The beef stock trick I already did with beef chuck I ground, and it made a really juicy and good burger. I crusted black pepper on both sides of the patty instead of salt because the beef stock was already salty. A small splash of stock on the season cast iron and a quick cover steam melts a couple slices of cheese pretty quick, too.

Also there's an upsetting lack of discussion about sautéed mushrooms as toppings. Those plus grilled onions are awesome.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Sounds pretty good to me. I love venison but ive never tried making a burg out of it. Do it and post a trip report pls

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

thathonkey posted:

Sounds pretty good to me. I love venison but ive never tried making a burg out of it. Do it and post a trip report pls

I've done venison burgs before and properly seasoned they are very good! Pure venison taco meat turns out really well. The beef stock trick and blending venison with beef is working to a new level. I live in an area that is good hunting and I have a lot of friends who end up throwing me a cut of the meat now and then, so I can throw money into smaller but better cuts of beef to grind into it.

This thread owns, btw.

I will do a report soon, I need to get some stuff done first.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
drat that is a tasty burger

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Gaunab posted:

favorite burger:

wtf is wrong with you

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just ordered a burger, drinking a beer while I wait.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

toggle posted:

why are there no in n out on the US east coast?

i haven't had a fast food burger in years. but that looks delicious

in n out is a diarrhea joke right? like what happens when you eat it?

they are very strict with their quality standards and as of right now do not have any locations further than a day's driving distance of their distribution centers since they don't freeze any of their burgers. i guess this isn't technically stopping them from opening a distribution center and restaurant on the east coast but it does explain why most of them are clustered around the west/southwest

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

Just ordered a burger, drinking a beer while I wait.

this is a solid strat. well done.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Burg report: while this was A Tasty Burger, they placed the bacon in whole pieces in an X pattern across the burger. This caused me to have to manually relocate the bacon ends for proper coverage.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 21, 2015

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TEAYCHES posted:

eat the burger immediately after adding the toppings so your cheese doesnt get slimy or wahtever

The whole loving POINT of putting cheese on a burger is so the cheese melts you MOTHER FUCKER

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Burger on a hard roll, cheddar, lettuce, onions, tomato (sliced thick), extra pickles, mayo, ketchup. Barely medium.

Never bacon.

Good bye.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

tomato (sliced thick), ketchup.

:catstare:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

yeah man pick one or the other wtf

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm eating a burger today and i don't give a gently caress what anyone thinks about it.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

canoshiz posted:

they are very strict with their quality standards and as of right now do not have any locations further than a day's driving distance of their distribution centers since they don't freeze any of their burgers. i guess this isn't technically stopping them from opening a distribution center and restaurant on the east coast but it does explain why most of them are clustered around the west/southwest

ahhh i see. prob why the burgs are so good is because the meat isn't frozen?

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
I actually really like the taste of vegetarian burgers

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

there is no burg bigotry here

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
veggie burgs can be really awesome yeah

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
smashed burgers are good but no one makes them, not even smash burger.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Paper With Lines posted:

smashed burgers are good but no one makes them, not even smash burger.

culver's

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I have left over pierogis and jambalaya and poo poo but I just wanna burg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Dyna Soar posted:

veggie burgs can be really awesome yeah

I like veggie burgers too. But I don't like when people try to compare them to burgers. Like that chik'n nonsense. Does it taste ok? Sure. Is it like chicken? No.

e: not to say anyone here is comparing them, just a sticking point due to an ex-girlfriend of mine who was a vegetarian and would always try to get me to eat those "it's just like X" nonsense. I'd always tell her that things can taste fine on their own without having to bullshit us carnivores into thinking they're anything like the real thing. Hell I like Turkey Bacon just fine too. But don't tell me it's the same as pork bacon. They're both good but they aren't the same drat thing.

PEOPLE AM I RITE?

Shadow fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 21, 2015

• Locked thread