Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Forktoss posted:

Charles Godwin Ishmael Snake

I thought we agreed it was going to be called "Hissy" from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RunAndGun
Apr 30, 2011

qntm posted:

Yes, because "Histress" just doesn't have the same ring to it...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

qntm posted:

That was my suggestion, but I am now concerned that it diminishes CGI Snake's illustrious career, beginning with Shakespeare in Antony and Cleopatra. Perhaps Doctor What can use his lovable enthusiasm to procure a lunch with the snakester and inquire if Hissy is acceptable.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Not quite. It's a bit of turn based combat combined with gem pushing.

Gameplay is as follows: you build a team consisting of one of the 13 Doctors, and up to 5 Companions, from the ones you have unlocked.

So...6 and Tegan are like a fantastic power combo, right?

Also does adding Jack cause you to lose the effectiveness of the other companions as he's trying to bang them all? :quagmire:

Can you make a a team of Kamelion, K-9, Handles, Adric, and Mickey and it turns out it's the best team ever? :allears:

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

This is pretty much why I keep playing it. I like trying to make teams that are both effective and full of characters I actually like (or even remember). I've had Eight as my Doctor for ages so I was so pleased when they added Charley in. She's the first BF-only character that's been in it I think.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Astroman posted:

So...6 and Tegan are like a fantastic power combo, right?

Also does adding Jack cause you to lose the effectiveness of the other companions as he's trying to bang them all? :quagmire:

Can you make a a team of Kamelion, K-9, Handles, Adric, and Mickey and it turns out it's the best team ever? :allears:

Sadly, we don't have Tegan, Adric, Nyssa, or any of the 5th Doctor's companions in yet. Davidson was a late addition to the game for the same reason Tom Baker was, but hopefully they'll be added in soon.

Six poisons his opponents, presumably due to his biting wit and general unpleasant demeanor, which can be devastating against high defense opponents because the damage over time bypasses all that and whittles down any high HP bars because it's "percentage of total HP" based. He's easily one of the strongest Doctors from a game perspective.

Jack is one of the highest HP companions in the game, because he's functionally immortal, and his special ability "Hello" removes stun, because people are too busy focusing on him rather than whatever horrid thing the enemy has done to them.

K-9 has one of the highest attacks in the game, being one of the most violent companions, and can stuns opponents. He's quite good on any team of black gem characters, or just in general if you need someone with a high attack.

Handles also has a very high HP, and converts black gems to yellow. He's best with other yellow companions, for setting up large combos where you've converted most of the other colors to yellow. Pairing him with Robin Hood and the Brigadier's special abilities will let you turn the entire board yellow, if all three are at level 50.

Mickey is balanced between HP and attack, and sets up bombs, which is a nice way to get around high defense enemies. He's the best (I'd use Ace over him if I just wanted a bomb user), but he's the only Blue bomb companion and his bomb damage is quite high compared to the others (Ace's bomb does 25k, Mickey's does 40k, but Ace's base attack is much higher).

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Toph Bei Fong posted:

K-9 has one of the highest attacks in the game, being one of the most violent companions, and can stuns opponents.

[img-k9 shoots a man in the balls.gif]

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Little_wh0re posted:

[img-k9 shoots a man in the balls.gif]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZktJG7-FqY

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Between Leela stabbing everyone or hitting them with darts and K-9 firing his stun lasers all over the place, no villain's balls were safe in the Tom Baker era.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bicyclops posted:

no villain's balls were safe in the Tom Baker era.

Well Mary Tamm was quite striking but I think that statement is taking things a bit far.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Embrace the darkness annoyed me so much!

I'm just listening to time of the daleks now and the opening music is something out of davison era. ~bad twidlly electronica~

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
For you Punchsport Pagoda posters - since we technically never saw him regenerate, does this make Colin Baker the Linear Doctor?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Colin screwed Colin.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
COLIN VUDRIYA
COLIN MATCHKA

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
LET'S GO COLIN
COLIN SUCKS
LET'S GO COLIN
COLIN SUCKS

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Gaz-L posted:

COLIN VUDRIYA
COLIN MATCHKA

Ok, but how does this keep David Tennant strong?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CobiWann posted:

For you Punchsport Pagoda posters - since we technically never saw him regenerate, does this make Colin Baker the Linear Doctor?

No, because the "Linear <x>" thing is incredibly stupid and dumb and idiotic and stupid and dumb and stupid and stupid. :mad:

That way, Season 6b madness lies.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Jerusalem posted:

No, because the "Linear <x>" thing is incredibly stupid and dumb and idiotic and stupid and dumb and stupid and stupid. :mad:

That way, Season 6b madness lies.

What's the Linear Doctor? I tried Googling it, but I keep getting DW tshirts as search results.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

The Action Man posted:

What's the Linear Doctor? I tried Googling it, but I keep getting DW tshirts as search results.

CobiWann posted:

For you Punchsport Pagoda (emphasis mine) posters - since we technically never saw him regenerate, does this make Colin Baker the Linear Doctor?

It's a WWE reference

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It's a WWE reference

A really terrible and dumb one. The idea is that some nerds refuse to accept title changes that don't happen as a result of pinfall or submission, and by keeping track of wins and losses of the "real" champion, track the "lineage" of the title through the guys who beat each other in ordinary matches on random shows.

It's so, so stupid. And I'm talking about pro-wrestling here, so that's saying something.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I will never understand wrestling's popularity.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I will never understand wrestling's popularity.

It's a big, flashy spectacle that even its fans admit is often embarrassingly bad. Sounds familiar.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CobiWann posted:

Ok, but how does this keep David Tennant strong?

No, no, Tennant's old and washed up, he's lost it, man. Hear that, ladies? He's an OLD WRINKLED HAS-BEEN!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

No, no, Tennant's old and washed up, he's lost it, man. Hear that, ladies? He's an OLD WRINKLED HAS-BEEN!

A purple has been!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

I wish the Master had screamed this at some point in The Last of the Time Lords

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
So these are my replacements. El Dandy and a clown!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

whatsabattle posted:

So these are my replacements. El Dandy and a clown!

Ahhhh son of a bitch!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jerusalem posted:

Ahhhh son of a bitch!

It would work better with the picture of him removing his racist disguise from Time Flight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

It would work better with the picture of him removing his racist disguise from Time Flight.

I was referencing an episode people actually liked though! Also the wrestling reference was an event where it WASN'T incredibly obvious what the reveal was going to be.

Although I do like Time Flight :sweatdrop:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Jerusalem posted:

Ahhhh son of a bitch!

GOD DAMMIT i thought of this joke but was too busy playing monhun to put in the effort.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Wrestling is a stupid redneck thing though :confused:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Wrestling is a stupid redneck thing though :confused:

Lots of planets have a South.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So apparently Tom Baker sends people autographed photos of himself holding a pile of kittens.

Of COURSE he does.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I want to believe that he just sent that without request.

He just KNEW some guy named Mark wanted a picture of him, possibly holding an armful of cute animals.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
It's true, I did

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

So apparently Tom Baker sends people autographed photos of himself holding a pile of kittens.

Of COURSE he does.

Would you hand me the phone book? Now, let's see. Flip, flip. Flippity. Ah, who have we here? Mark. Looks like Mark is in for a little surprise. Get the envelope ready!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If I received that picture unsolicited in the mail I'd be delighted, and my name isn't even Mark!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

If I received that picture unsolicited in the mail I'd be delighted, and my name isn't even Mark!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You must have mistaken me for Michael Grade's wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

You must have mistaken me for Michael Grade's wife.

:vince:

• Locked thread