Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
A good burger since apparently anything between two pieces of bread is a burger:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Shadow posted:

I like veggie burgers too. But I don't like when people try to compare them to burgers. Like that chik'n nonsense. Does it taste ok? Sure. Is it like chicken? No.

e: not to say anyone here is comparing them, just a sticking point due to an ex-girlfriend of mine who was a vegetarian and would always try to get me to eat those "it's just like X" nonsense. I'd always tell her that things can taste fine on their own without having to bullshit us carnivores into thinking they're anything like the real thing. Hell I like Turkey Bacon just fine too. But don't tell me it's the same as pork bacon. They're both good but they aren't the same drat thing.

PEOPLE AM I RITE?

Your entire post tells me you're a person capable of discerning layers, which is good.

You can have a black bean burger with turkey bacon and it's going to taste awesome.

No, it won't be a kobe beef smash burger done under-medium on a perfect roll. It's not going to be that. But it will be delicious because it's doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Burger zen, if you will.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

Your entire post tells me you're a person capable of discerning layers, which is good.

You can have a black bean burger with turkey bacon and it's going to taste awesome.

No, it won't be a kobe beef smash burger done under-medium on a perfect roll. It's not going to be that. But it will be delicious because it's doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Burger zen, if you will.

:hfive:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A lot of times I feel like people get hung up on one specific ideal of what their burger or pizza should be and it closes their minds.

A pizza can be pineapple and anchovies on a thin crust and still be a delicious pizza.
A burg can be lean beef, with sauteed onions and mushrooms, no cheese, on white bread and still be a good burg.

You have to be open to and willing to try these things. They provide a baseline of what you envision your food to be.

Much like your anime girlfriend being open to anal sex. Sometimes you want certain things and not others. Sometimes you don't. It's all about expanding your horizons and not getting locked into certain, specific things.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

omg you're right.

god bless the midwest.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Paper With Lines posted:

omg you're right.

god bless the midwest.

Hmmmm I moved to the Midwest about two years ago and haven't tried Culver's yet, despite it being a 10 or so minute drive away. Is it awesome and worth giving it a go?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Hmmmm I moved to the Midwest about two years ago and haven't tried Culver's yet, despite it being a 10 or so minute drive away. Is it awesome and worth giving it a go?

It's roadtrip food. I'd feel weird going to a local Culver's.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

pulled meat between bread is called a kebab

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Excepting the fact that it is fast food, if you like smashed burgers then yes. When Culver's is on, they're very on. I think it's in the conversation with the other "regional favorites" like in and out or whatever else.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

toggle posted:

pulled meat between bread is called a kebab

I like north Carolina style smoked kebab. My fav burger.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Culvers seems to run too much on the 'greasy' side for me.
The icecream or whatever is very good, but they dole out limp rear end fries and every time I get one of their sandwiches, be it fish or a patty melt or whatever, it's literally soaking in grease and I've gone to multiple establishments and found that to be the case.

It's someplace I'd really like to like, but goddamn it's just grease loving city every time and I wish it weren't.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

Yeah, I get that. I feel the same way about five guys. At least culver's has the crust on the burger.

Paper With Lines fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 21, 2015

her0n
Sep 13, 2006

hey look the world is covered in snail slime
Well I read quite a way through that europe burger link and no mention of this... also no mention in the thread yet.

My favourite UK burger place - Almost Famous (Manchester, UK)

This is the Triple Nom :love: - Double cheeseburger, bbq pulled pork, coleslaw and 'redneck sauce'. It's messy but so good.

It just sucks that this place is 200 miles away from me.

They do some absolutely filthy fries too, perfect express route to an early grave.

The dirty burger thing is really taking off here and it's cool to have a choice other than BK or McDonalds but I don't think I enjoy the hipster bollocks atmosphere some places have.

her0n fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 22, 2015

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

yeah what is it with burger places and hipsters? is this a world wide phenomenon or what? sours my burg experience

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

toggle posted:

yeah what is it with burger places and hipsters? is this a world wide phenomenon or what? sours my burg experience

It's a more affordable outlet for their pretentiousness. Like brunch. Most of the places hipsters go to for brunch are places they can't afford the dinner menu.

Hipsters are foodies with less money.

And foodies are annoying.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I made some burgs last week in which i used ground beef mixed with a small bit of salsa, crushed black bean and parsley.

Was a very good burg, would recommend

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i just made some burgers, but there was no meat

there was no meat

her0n
Sep 13, 2006

hey look the world is covered in snail slime

Zzulu posted:

i just made some burgers, but there was no meat

there was no meat

I don't think you made a burger.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
yeah, sounds like what you made was an abortion

:colbert:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Shadow posted:

yeah, sounds like what you made was an abortion

:colbert:

No, that would probably count as 'meat'.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
ate this burger today

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
stop it with the subs and also could the meat lovers shut the gently caress up about veggie burgers? it's cool if you don't eat anything unless it's wrapped in bacon but just shut up about it already

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
seriously you loving idiots need to stop posting spaghetti, subs, and other obvious non-burger entities. veggie burgers are fine. it's not that hard: burgs have patties and a bun of some sort.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

thathonkey posted:

seriously you loving idiots need to stop posting spaghetti, subs, and other obvious non-burger entities. veggie burgers are fine. it's not that hard: burgs have patties and a bun of some sort.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

the lettuce is acting as a bun here at least

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Roman Burger from Mr. Hero. Orlando hoagie bun, two "beef" patties, salami, lettuce, swiss american, onion, tomato, mayo, and some kind of oil italian dressing.

Heart attack goodness. I think this is just a midwest thing.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
When I was in middle school I was a quintessential fat goon I'd order cheeseburger "subs" from the local deli, which were basically four hamburger patties put in a sub roll with cheese and ketchup I think. I don't even remember them tasting all that great, but how can you say no to a cheeseburger sub when you are 12 years old and as dumb as a post?

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
#allburgsrbeautiful

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Nation posted:

#notallburgsrbeautiful

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

A burger is ground meat, preferably beef. Turkey burger? Sure. Lamb? Yum. Veggie poo poo? Ok...I'll allow it as long as it's trying to fake then texture of ground meat.

A steak sandwich, while delicious, is not a burger.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

these all look terrible & gross. gimmick food in general is one of the more obnoxious concepts.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
burged tonight. satueed some mushrooms and threw 'em on top of the burg with some swiss. a superb burg.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

When I was in middle school I was a quintessential fat goon I'd order cheeseburger "subs" from the local deli, which were basically four hamburger patties put in a sub roll with cheese and ketchup I think. I don't even remember them tasting all that great, but how can you say no to a cheeseburger sub when you are 12 years old and as dumb as a post?

Remember this burg? I do. I loved it as a kid.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Gatts posted:

That burg is a relic of a bygone time, when fast food chains embraced what they were instead of paying lip service to the (obviously correct) societal push towards eating healthier. Every so often I decide to be a bad parent and I take my toddlers to McDonalds, and whenever they get fruit in their happy meals it makes me so sad. When I was there age I was well on my way to my first coronary, thanks in large part to the wildly awesome burgs as pictured in your post. We can all eat well at home, but sometimes a good needs to eat a three patty burger that costs a buck fifty!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Gatts posted:

what is that? mc burg with 3 patties overlapping?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

what is that? mc burg with 3 patties overlapping?

Superhero burger. 3 patties, mayo, onion, lettuce, tomato, jack and american. Here's a link. There's a youtube video in it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/10-discontinued-and-mostly-forgotten-mcdonalds-menu-items#.nk9oXxbkx

I was a kid about 10-12 but it was awesome from what I remember.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

it's no luxury burger but this is one of the local favorites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

and one more becuase why not

• Locked thread