Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

captainOrbital posted:

They actually let me do that for a couple of my kids after I cut the umbilical cord. You usually have to ask beforehand, though.

I'm imagining this involving an apple corer.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Be unique.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Getting a company logo on your skin is the saddest possible tattoo

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Posted to Facebook with the caption "Finally got my starfish!"

Not only is it poorly done, but without an outline to at least kind of hold the shape it is going to turn into a blue/red mess in a few years time.

Sassafrasquatch
May 7, 2007

Turn into?

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
More so than it already is.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I'm imagining this involving an apple corer.

Well it basically is. You can sometimes use your finger and open one up that way, since it's pretty much like a second "soft spot".

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Zelder posted:

Getting a company logo on your skin is the saddest possible tattoo

I might have posted this, before, but I don't want to pass up an opportunity to give him poo poo about it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Lire Fnee?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

MrSmokes posted:

Lire Fnee?

Or Dei

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Lire Theo.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
Live Tree

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
I'm trying to see if I can get a picture, but my coworkers 14 year old son went into a shithole in Jamaica Queens (with an ID that says he's 16 and a woman who was there getting pierced pretending to be his mom) and got a star on his chest (blown out wobbly lines galore) and her name across his forearm. His logic being "You can't be mad, it's your own name."

She tricked him into spilling which place and who did it (by saying I liked the font/shading and wanted to go there for my next piece) so we could sic one of the attorneys in our office on them, not like it'll matter much in the long run, but she's pissed beyond belief.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Isn't there a guy who gets free Burger King food for life because he got the logo tattooed on him?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

mustard_tiger
Nov 8, 2010

I actually like this one.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Regret.jpg

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

To be fair, I kind of feel like an immaculately-done Limp Bizkit backpiece would be worse, just because of how much more it presumably would have cost.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

owns

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sure, I thought so too at a glance. But the longer you look at it, the worse it gets. First it's like "Hmm, those lines are really, really crooked." And then you notice "South America has FAS." And then how there's no Antarctica. Or Australia. Or how Alaska is bigger than Asia, or Lake Michigan is the size of Japan.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

Sure, I thought so too at a glance. But the longer you look at it, the worse it gets. First it's like "Hmm, those lines are really, really crooked." And then you notice "South America has FAS." And then how there's no Antarctica. Or Australia. Or how Alaska is bigger than Asia, or Lake Michigan is the size of Japan.

That's the Hudson, not Lake Michigan.
A lot of old maps have very distorted Americas.

That being said, the linework isn't the best.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

:nws: for anime inflagrante
http://imgur.com/a/hTRMV

And just bad

Haruharuharuko has a new favorite as of 11:30 on Feb 22, 2015

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

cyberia posted:

Unless you're the guy from Memento there's no reason to get a date stamped on your body permanently. Like, this date is so loving memorable to me for whatever reason but I need it etched into my skin in case I forget it. It's just so basic. I have the same issue with people who get their own surnames tattooed on their arms in 300-pt font or get lists of their children / siblings / parents names; it seems like such a trite, meaningless gesture to me.

Mr. Cool Ice disagrees.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
My coworker's wife got her two kid's names tattooed on the inside of either wrist. She just had a third kid but doesn't plan on getting his name inked on because (I'm guessing) it would break the symmetry/where would she put it.

Seems a little unfair to me. I suggested her ankle since the kid's name is CHASE. :downsrim:

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Send a letter to the kid in 10 years telling him to ask his mom if he's adopted.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!

There's some kind of Penis/Thumb thing jutting out from that mass

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
abackofwhatthefuck?

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Say Nothing posted:

abackofwhatthefuck?

This is genuinely upsetting.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Guys he hasn't gotten it shaded yet, give him a break.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
I think the thing that's getting me the most is just how much ink is smeared all over his back. When I got my first tattoo, an 11" long solid black design (yes from a video game because I am a nerd), the artist didn't leave that much poo poo all over my skin afterwards. I have no idea if that's some egregious overuse of ink, or just poor cleanup before taking the picture, or what, but after three tattoos, I can safely say that I've never looked like I cracked a Bic pen on my skin and smeared it around like a grade-school kid like that guy does.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

The outline at the mouth looks like a wolf smelling an upset snake.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I think the thing that's getting me the most is just how much ink is smeared all over his back. When I got my first tattoo, an 11" long solid black design (yes from a video game because I am a nerd), the artist didn't leave that much poo poo all over my skin afterwards. I have no idea if that's some egregious overuse of ink, or just poor cleanup before taking the picture, or what, but after three tattoos, I can safely say that I've never looked like I cracked a Bic pen on my skin and smeared it around like a grade-school kid like that guy does.

It's inexperience. The artist isn't wiping properly and isn't running their machine properly causing it to dump ink. I had the same problem during my first two weeks of tattooing. But then learned pretty quickly how to properly float my needle so it didn't dump ink everywhere and how to wipe so that it didn't just smear across the skin.

Of course something tells me that artist isn't a two-week old newbie and just doesn't give a poo poo.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Nemico posted:

The outline at the mouth looks like a wolf smelling an upset snake.

Whoa. That's uncanny.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
omg XD so random

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

It's not centered.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

And :nws: for almost lady bits
http://i.imgur.com/yKSLwtL.jpg?1

Haruharuharuko has a new favorite as of 09:47 on Feb 24, 2015

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

This Alice in Wonderland piece reminded me of my old roommate's girlfriend. One day she walked into the living room wearing a sports bra and proudly showed this off:

(Big as hell and right on the ribcage)

Can't find a good picture of her other tattoos, a purple and green rabbit on her shoulder that looks like a bruise and a clip-art rose outline.

Edit:
Look at those bats. Fuckin' look at 'em.

This owns. Hard.

Samfucius has a new favorite as of 10:23 on Feb 24, 2015

  • Locked thread