Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Brown cherry switches is what matters. I just got a cheap mechanical kb from monoprice. Not noisy, feels good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'm about to buy an IBM Model M remake from Unicomp soon. Buckling springs noisy as poo poo :getin:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
If you like ThinkPad keyboards, you'll like the Enermax Aurora Lite... if you can find it. It was already hard enough to find in 2011. I don't think they don't make it anymore. :(

G700 is the poo poo, though. Great mouse.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ElMaligno posted:

Yo fuckers can you recommend me some gaming mechanical keyboard and mice?

Steelseries makes very good poo poo that isn't expensive. This is what I'm using now. No complaints.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OQTGBQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OQTQSO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mike-o posted:

I'm about to buy an IBM Model M remake from Unicomp soon. Buckling springs noisy as poo poo :getin:

Do they make them as indestructible as IBM did?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
From what I've heard, yes they do.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
What is a mechanical gaming keyboard and why should I give a poo poo about it?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

not caring here posted:

are you a hipster nerd? if yes then get one

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

not caring here posted:

The keys are more tactile, which makes it easier or faster to type. They also make a super satisfying click. Honestly, you gotta try them to see what they're all about. Going from my keyboard to my Macbook makes the difference extremely noticeable.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Spicy Guacamole posted:

G700 is the poo poo, though. Great mouse.

For $70-90 I wish they'd last longer though.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I bought a lovely Logitech wireless mouse three years ago for $40, it still works fine.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

There's a decent chance Bloodborne could get a PC release which leaves me with a sum total of gently caress all for my PS4.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Bolow posted:

There's a decent chance Bloodborne could get a PC release which leaves me with a sum total of gently caress all for my PS4.

I wouldn't hold my breath. I saw that they responded to the petition, but sony is part owner of it (like Demon Souls) and they don't really do PC games anymore now that SOE was sold off.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
bloodborne looks dumb to me and i like the dark souls

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Logitech g710+ and g602 or g502

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

ElMaligno posted:

Yo fuckers can you recommend me some gaming mechanical keyboard and mice?

trying out a corsair k70 with red switces for the next 12 days and loving it. razer abyssis is cheap and lacks scrub tier side buttons. logitech has an amazon sale for headsets.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i guess i got into the heroes of the storm beta?i dont like mobas so i wonder why the hell i got into it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit meh

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Feb 21, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

tried out hots since im working overtime and bored as gently caress

it's basically dota2/lol but made for 20 min matches and probably the worst f2p model ive ever seen

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the thing about model Ms being the Superior Nerd Keyboard is so funny to me. back when i had no internet i thought they were the worst keyboard i had ever used

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
they're good for typing if you're used to them. if you're not used to them it'll gently caress up your typing for a while. as far as I know/can tell there's no actual reason to have one for gaming except for autism reasons like "I like the sound".

I live in a giant excel spreadsheet/access database so I'm constantly re-writing queries and other gay poo poo, which is why I have a mechanical kb, plus I got it for real cheap.

christoff how is the g502? I'm building a new computer and entertaining a new mouse

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I started using my PS4 for more than just a netflix player and have been bro'ing down to some Evolve during the days. Any of you scrubs do some day gaming?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

tried out hots since im working overtime and bored as gently caress

it's basically dota2/lol but made for 20 min matches and probably the worst f2p model ive ever seen

I've been messing with it for the last few months and find it enjoyable enough, it doesn't make me mad at video games the way LoL and DOTA do, so that's a plus. The F2P model is bad, but I'm a sucker for games like this and will spend obscene amounts of money on them if given the opportunity.

my bnet name is cralthatway#1858 if you (or any other dipshits) ever want to do some premade matches.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bengy81 posted:

I've been messing with it for the last few months and find it enjoyable enough, it doesn't make me mad at video games the way LoL and DOTA do, so that's a plus. The F2P model is bad, but I'm a sucker for games like this and will spend obscene amounts of money on them if given the opportunity.

my bnet name is cralthatway#1858 if you (or any other dipshits) ever want to do some premade matches.

yeah, the gameplay itself isn't bad. its a watered down version of the mobas out now, with shorter matches. the biggest reason i hated dota2/lol besides the fanbase is the 45 min matches.

im gonna try some more later, i think

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

MurderBot posted:

I started using my PS4 for more than just a netflix player and have been bro'ing down to some Evolve during the days. Any of you scrubs do some day gaming?

You can add me if you haven't done so already: bird_law111. I play sporadically though.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah, the gameplay itself isn't bad. its a watered down version of the mobas out now, with shorter matches. the biggest reason i hated dota2/lol besides the fanbase is the 45 min matches.

im gonna try some more later, i think

The goon presence in the game isn't terrible, so I would recommend joining the goon chat and trying to get into premades, right now, premades wreck shop without too much work.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
please use the term lords management instead of moba tia

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I actually have the g602 which is pretty great. It doesn't have tunable weights and all that poo poo. You can either run 1 AA or 2 depending on what weight you want. 1 AA lasts months somehow. The side buttons take some getting used to but it's a good mouse imo

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I actually have the g602 which is pretty great. It doesn't have tunable weights and all that poo poo. You can either run 1 AA or 2 depending on what weight you want. 1 AA lasts months somehow. The side buttons take some getting used to but it's a good mouse imo

are any of them wired? I don't really care about "input lag" but I always forget to change batteries and poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya the g502 is and it's pretty popular

But seriously get some rechargeables. 2 AAs last like 3-4 months with the g602

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

please use the term lords management instead of moba tia

i prefer fast action real time strategy

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I got so annoyed with changing the batteries on my old Logitech that I went wired. No regrets.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The G700 uses AAs that you can recharge by plugging in the mouse or just swapping them. I haven't bothered doing it, but you can adjust the mAh settings so the meter/charging is accurate if you use different batteries than the OE Enerloops (which you shouldn't, they're among the best batteries out there).

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Where is that setting?

e: "Power Mode" :downs:

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 21, 2015

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

well i pulled myself out from my infinifactory binge to say.

its pretty good.

ok bye

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

loving hell Attila is long. Chapter IV just started and I'm 151 turns in.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bengy81 posted:

The goon presence in the game isn't terrible, so I would recommend joining the goon chat and trying to get into premades, right now, premades wreck shop without too much work.

I played like 10 games tonight because im bored again and its enjoyable enough

i bought a hero (the Thor tank unit from Starcraft 2) and the best thing I can say about the game is that matches are like 20 minutes, so if you get into a poo poo match then you're not loving around forever waiting to get destroyed

reading through the goon thread is seriously the most sperg-drenched thing ive read in years though. dear loving god

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i dunno what it is but atilla is like not clicking for me

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I played like 10 games tonight because im bored again and its enjoyable enough

i bought a hero (the Thor tank unit from Starcraft 2) and the best thing I can say about the game is that matches are like 20 minutes, so if you get into a poo poo match then you're not loving around forever waiting to get destroyed

reading through the goon thread is seriously the most sperg-drenched thing ive read in years though. dear loving god

The goon thread is as bad, if not worse, than the league and DOTA threads, I don't keep up with it because there isn't much actual information to be gleaned from there.

Besides the length of the games, the beauty of HOTS, imo, is that it isn't very deep, it's not hard to figure out what to do on each map, and where you need to be at any given time, and the "correct" character builds are pretty obvious, although it seems pretty hard to gently caress up a build.

Having heroes talent gated is a pretty hosed way to give the game a sense of progression, and it's the biggest turnoff to me so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

dota is loving stupid and should have died with wc3. cooldown management simulator is not a fun game concept

• Locked thread