Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Figured out my "Hardcore" issue. XFO to the rescue in that regard, combined with manual reload and no hitscan :)

I just bought Fallout 3 on Steam and want to know how stable Table of Two Wastelands is? I really want to try it as I've played through New Vegas for hundreds of hours, and haven't played FO3 in a long time.

Oh yeah, and I'm not sure if I've mentioned this mod before, but Tutorial Killer is essential for me as I start many different playthroughs. I don't know how many of you can play the game without it, the beginning tutorials are so annoying.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I don't like any of the default hairs, but last time I tried a hair mod (i can't remember if it was even for nv or another beth game, it's been awhile) they turned bald as soon as I put on any hat. Is that an issue, can I do anything about it

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Swartz posted:

Figured out my "Hardcore" issue. XFO to the rescue in that regard, combined with manual reload and no hitscan :)

I just bought Fallout 3 on Steam and want to know how stable Table of Two Wastelands is? I really want to try it as I've played through New Vegas for hundreds of hours, and haven't played FO3 in a long time.

Very stable, in fact I'm very surprised by how stable it is even after tooling around both the capital and mojave wastelands for a while. Though I guess it depends as ever on what mods you're using.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Davoren posted:

Very stable, in fact I'm very surprised by how stable it is even after tooling around both the capital and mojave wastelands for a while. Though I guess it depends as ever on what mods you're using.

Sweet. Another question then: Do I have to have both Fallout games on the same drive?

I have New Vegas on my SSD but it's very full right now, so I wanted to put Fallout 3 on my HDD. Will that work or should I reinstall New Vegas on my HDD?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I'm pretty sure you will, it will need to copy the Fallout 3 files to your New Vegas data directory, if there's a way to get around that I don't know what it is.

Also my Lombard Station edit might be okay to use, I'm getting the same crash with the original Lombard Station installed, so I'm guessing it's being caused by trying to sort an item added by a mod?

Edit: Found the problem with my mod, it was caused by having the placeable Courier's Mojave Express Box from Mojave Express Expansion in your inventory when trying to sort.

Download Lombard Station for TTW:

TTW - Halfway Station

Install this version of Lombard instead of the regular one, in my testing anything in the containers or on the weapon walls should remain there, but maybe grab stuff just to be on the safe side if you're concerned.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 22, 2015

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Swartz posted:

Sweet. Another question then: Do I have to have both Fallout games on the same drive?

I have New Vegas on my SSD but it's very full right now, so I wanted to put Fallout 3 on my HDD. Will that work or should I reinstall New Vegas on my HDD?

Like Davoren said the TTW installer will copy the FO3 assets into your NV directory, so you will absolutely need room on that drive. Putting FO3 elsewhere may be OK though, since it only needs to be present during the TTW installation. After that's done, you can uninstall FO3 without any problems, since everything will be run through New Vegas.

Worst case scenario is you have to shuffle some things around during the TTW install, then put things back where you want them afterwards.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

This mod doesn't have Crystal Pepsi... :negative:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

ThaumPenguin posted:

I've considered getting Spice of Life many times, but I've been worrying about compatibility issues between it and other armor mods, mostly due to the required body mods.

I'm mostly concerned about LPAM (Low Profile Armor Mod), as well as FOOK. I don't think there are any compatibility patches for LPAM and the various body mods. As for FOOK, I'm planning to out drop the FOOK-PN Convergence mod for my next playthrough, so there won't really be an issue there.

Yeah I never made compatibility patches for LPAM, although a couple of the outfits are technically meant for custom body types.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

OSheaman posted:

Hey it looks like I can't seem to get the standalone MCM to play nice with Project Nevada. I have the latest version of both mods, including the PN Extras and the MCM Bugfix, but when I open the menu in the game it says "unexpected version of menu files". I've basically been following the Fear and Loathing guide to the letter so I'm confused about what went wrong. Any thoughts?

Try to uninstall MCM, reinstall it (copy bugfix over) and overwrite anything if it prompts you to (assuming you are using FOMM or equivalent). Also check load order, I'd put MCM lower maybe then PJ Nevada so it overwrites?

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
What's a good hideout to use in FNV? Looking for something straightforward with just bunch of trunks/closets so i can sort all the crap that's been sitting in a house in Goodsprings. Also got to park Boone somewhere since his sniper highlighting perk is pretty darn awesome.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

MariusLecter posted:

This mod doesn't have Crystal Pepsi... :negative:

Roleplaying LA Beast in the wasteland?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

oblomov posted:

What's a good hideout to use in FNV? Looking for something straightforward with just bunch of trunks/closets so i can sort all the crap that's been sitting in a house in Goodsprings. Also got to park Boone somewhere since his sniper highlighting perk is pretty darn awesome.

Looking at the nexus, you can get a manse fully stocked with anime sex robot maids.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

ImPureAwesome posted:

I don't like any of the default hairs, but last time I tried a hair mod (i can't remember if it was even for nv or another beth game, it's been awhile) they turned bald as soon as I put on any hat. Is that an issue, can I do anything about it

That's pretty much a thing with all hair mods for all Bethesda games. Not much you can do about it. Just use a bandana or a helmet if it bothers you too much and you absolutely must use headgear.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

ThaumPenguin posted:

I've considered getting Spice of Life many times, but I've been worrying about compatibility issues between it and other armor mods, mostly due to the required body mods.

I'm mostly concerned about LPAM (Low Profile Armor Mod), as well as FOOK. I don't think there are any compatibility patches for LPAM and the various body mods. As for FOOK, I'm planning to out drop the FOOK-PN Convergence mod for my next playthrough, so there won't really be an issue there.

Whether it's a problem or not depends on how much skin the armor shows. Full-body armors will be fine (and even the TTW combat armors, which have bare arms, look fine with the Roberts male body, probably due to using vanilla NV meshes with Fallout 3 textures applied). By contrast, Vulpes Inculta's half-naked armor in Caesar's New Regime looks terrible with a body mod.

E: forgot I already made a post before this one. :downs:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

oblomov posted:

Train Car Hideout is pretty neat.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I'm on my phone so can't provide links, but Mobile Truck Base is a very cool home, salvage a camper van from the Gibson Scrapyard and drive it all over the place. Won't be fitting any followers inside though.

Obligatory Lombard Station mention, I want to mod in a waifu named Lombard Station so I can marry it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
oh god please tell me you dont need to use the nexus anymore because this login process is loving absurd.

e: oh man Existence radio it has been too long :allears:

Bogart fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 22, 2015

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Bogart posted:

oh god please tell me you dont need to use the nexus anymore because this login process is loving absurd.

e: oh man Existence radio it has been too long :allears:

This works for NV?

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Woolie Wool posted:

That's pretty much a thing with all hair mods for all Bethesda games. Not much you can do about it. Just use a bandana or a helmet if it bothers you too much and you absolutely must use headgear.

That's a shame, I was hoping someone would have figured out something for like ponytails and such

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Davoren posted:

Yeah, I'm mostly spoiled by Lombard's crafting, which auto sorts all your components for you and lets you craft out of the containers without having to manually grab whatever you need.

Just in case you aren't familiar with it- Sortomatic is a pluggable resource for player homes that does all of that and much more. It's really reliable, powerful, and has a great interface. There are many existing player homes with Sortomatic integration, there's a mod for the Sink (OWB home), and there are straight-forward instructions on the Nexus on how to integrate Sortomatic into a home yourself.

Sortomatic doesn't get enough love in this thread. SORTOMATIC!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Magmarashi posted:

This works for NV?

Yeah, totally, man. It's in the OP. Takes a few feet after you leave Doc Mitchell's house but the industrial ambient terror bot is still alive and kickin'. :allears:

e: does anyone know the mod that reshuffles the pre-order bonus weapons and armor around the Wasteland? Is it jesawyer? cause to hell with that, I want my guns. :v:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Bogart posted:

e: does anyone know the mod that reshuffles the pre-order bonus weapons and armor around the Wasteland? Is it jesawyer? cause to hell with that, I want my guns. :v:

Yes. Just console it in if you need.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a way to stop Radio New Vegas from repeating the same goddamn newscasts over and over? I've heard about Primm's new sheriff more times than I can count, despite doing a bunch of other quests.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Has anyone ever had the issue where the fade to black effect doesn't trigger? I'm talking about the black screen that comes up to indicate time passing. I'm not having it happen for doctors/cybernetics/sex scenes. The NPCS just stand there awkwardly and I stare them down while my controls are locked for a couple seconds.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

BurritoJustice posted:

Has anyone ever had the issue where the fade to black effect doesn't trigger? I'm talking about the black screen that comes up to indicate time passing. I'm not having it happen for doctors/cybernetics/sex scenes. The NPCS just stand there awkwardly and I stare them down while my controls are locked for a couple seconds.

The same has happened to me, I always thought it was an ENB issue or something similar.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 22, 2015

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Swartz posted:

I'm curious about this combination. Please elaborate.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I'm curious about this combination. Please elaborate.

XFO has a series of modules that can be used to make the game easier or harder depending on your preference.
The main site with the info on these is down, so you need to use the wayback machine, so here.
I use the following modules: 3ac, 3bc, 3cc, 5a, 5da, 5eb, 9a, 9ca, 10aa, 10c (you'll understand after visiting the page).

Manual reload is in the op and adds a good extra challenge to the game.

Then I use Precision Ballistics and Munitions to remove hitscan and fix bullets. Bullets are now actual projectiles and you'll need to lead targets and everything.

Then I would use a mod like More Realistic Aiming (XFO has a module like this but it's not as good) and a realistic health and headshots mod of your choice.

Hope that helps.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah I never made compatibility patches for LPAM, although a couple of the outfits are technically meant for custom body types.

Woolie Wool posted:

Whether it's a problem or not depends on how much skin the armor shows. Full-body armors will be fine (and even the TTW combat armors, which have bare arms, look fine with the Roberts male body, probably due to using vanilla NV meshes with Fallout 3 textures applied). By contrast, Vulpes Inculta's half-naked armor in Caesar's New Regime looks terrible with a body mod.

E: forgot I already made a post before this one. :downs:

Most of the LPAM armors I've found while playing have been full-body, so I think I' gonna go ahead and take the plunge.

Now to remember which male body mod made the legionaries floppy, no matter which version you picked.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I've killed and looted my fair share of Legonaries and my experience has been completely penis-free. Spice of Life gives you only one choice (Roberts) anyway.

Does anyone else find it frustrating how Honest Hearts just ends and there's nothing left to do after you complete the last quest? It's such a beautiful and fully realized environment and it feels like they could have gotten so much more out of t.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 22, 2015

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
OP includes a mod for a little bit of extra content, but yeah, it's a bit of a bummer. Probably ran out of time on it, if I had to guess. :v:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Still can't figure out how to fill up empty water bottles.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
So,for this new run, I'm trying to play a more vulnerable character. She's going to start with no combat skills tagged, low strength, and low endurance. Out of curiosity, are there any good stealth mods to make that more viable. I want her to avoid combat as much as possible.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I think all the stealth mods just make it much harder, it's already very easy to sneak around in FONV.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Are there any armors/clothes mods that would suit a laser rifle shooter? I found the AER14 prototype in this hell hole Vault 22 and I want to be a unique snow flake.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Still can't figure out how to fill up empty water bottles.

When I used that it was just crouch then interact with a water source, can't remember if I ever tried it on a natural body of water but sinks and pipes and such should work.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Is there a mod that makes radios in Dead Money easier to see? The speakers already have lights on them, but with the lighting mod I'm using, it's almost impossible to pick out radios from the rest of the normal clutter.

I don't want to disable them entirely, but it's getting old constantly poking in and out of a room and spinning around until I see which corner a radio is in.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Davoren posted:

When I used that it was just crouch then interact with a water source, can't remember if I ever tried it on a natural body of water but sinks and pipes and such should work.

That did it.

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

gently caress it, I just want to mod everything about this game! What should I install? :unsmigghh:
In addition to the OP and the advice of people in this very thread, this list/guide might prove to be a very useful tool to people interested in modding New Vegas into oblivion (no pun intended).

I want to mod everything about this game, but I also want it to involve everything from Fallout 3 ([i]a la[/url] A Tale of Two Wastelands!) :unsmigghh: :getin:
Then look no further than this list/guide...

Has anyone else done these? I just finished the entire process for Fear and Loathing and now I'm wondering whether to just go all the way and do Clear & Present Danger + Tale of Two Wastelands as well. Does anyone know how I would go about doing that? I've never used Tale of Two Wastelands before. Would I install all the Fallout 3 mods first and then install Tale of Two Wastelands or is it the reverse? This guide isn't nearly as descriptive as Fear and Loathing.

Also, Fear and Loathing looks great and so far I have no complaints except for a single bug I'm trying to track down. Certain weapons don't fire projectiles (and therefore do no damage). I've narrowed down the culprit to one of the mods in the bashed patch but if anyone has run into this with a mod before you could save me some debugging time.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Follow Fear and Loathing first. Getting to the part with Project Nevada/UI mods is a good stopping point.

Then install TTW and only install TTW compatible mods.

Mod organizer makes this very simple to do and switch between TTW/New Vegas. TTW is basically just another New Vegas mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Gyshall posted:

Follow Fear and Loathing first. Getting to the part with Project Nevada/UI mods is a good stopping point.

Then install TTW and only install TTW compatible mods.

Mod organizer makes this very simple to do and switch between TTW/New Vegas. TTW is basically just another New Vegas mod.

The problem with that is that TTW requires compatibility patches for many popular mods and those mods have further patches to deal with compatibility with other mods. It's why I never installed EVE on my copy of Fallout NV because I was never sure what the right install/load order for TTW + Project Nevada + EVE + patches was.

My copy of New Vegas occasionally has issues with lag/low FPS (sometimes dropping from 60 FPS to <10 fps briefly before going back up, sometimes lovely FPS in general). Disabling ENB using shift+F12 doesn't help much. Purge cell buffers helps sometimes. Project Nevada's headgear overlays and enhanced vision tend to make lag worse. Sometimes it will be associated with certain cells, like when I was getting completely unplayable FPS in Bitter Springs, fast traveled somewhere else and my FPS returned to normal. Is it save bloat (save file is currently 18 MB)? Too many mods (134 active, just under the 139 limit)? The game engine being an unmitigated disaster that Bethesda refuses to stop using?

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 23, 2015