Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spiranovic picks up a second yellow, hopefully we can capitalise on the man down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Game rules, I don't even care that I'm sitting here in ball soup watching even sweatier men battle it out

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MysticalMachineGun posted:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

AAAAAND ITS ALL COMING TO A FROTH IN THE CITY OF CHURCHES

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tongues posted:

AAAAAND ITS ALL COMING TO A FROTH IN THE CITY OF CHURCHES

Hells yeah :guinness:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Adelaide have lost after going up early lately. Clearly letting the other team score first is the winning strategy.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Adelaide have lost after going up early lately. Clearly letting the other team score first is the winning strategy.

More likely playing against Western Sydney

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Round rules.

Imagine if the good teams were also playing, and also Brisbane

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
My god we are poo poo at defending corners.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Hang on, Newy have two goals? What dark magic is this?

Edit: Oh boy, 2-0 and they've hosed it up.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 22, 2015

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Oh my god I went for a run and missed all the cool poo poo in this game - this match looks amazing from the text updates!

I hope the Nix move wherever this is permanently, looks awesome

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

Tongues posted:

I hope the Nix move wherever this is permanently, looks awesome

It's pretty great but it's only temporary while the cwc is on.

That was a frustrating game to watch, Burns hosed up a tap in and now I don't get free pizza.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Robo Captain posted:

It's pretty great but it's only temporary while the cwc is on.

That was a frustrating game to watch, Burns hosed up a tap in and now I don't get free pizza.

Aw, thats hosed, How was that gonna work? Pizza hut handing out 10000 free pizzas at the gate?

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
melbourne shart/lovely

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

Tongues posted:

Aw, thats hosed, How was that gonna work? Pizza hut handing out 10000 free pizzas at the gate?

Hells pizza were handing out Nathan Burns masks at the gate, if he scored everyone who took the mask to a store would get a free pizza.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
gently caress me that rules, get on it Victory.

Also, this Perth City game is loving crazy, if City ever figured out how to shoot there would be like 900 goals

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
gently caress Steve Horvat. "We will always be a cellar club".

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
So the Wanderers won 3-1 in Japan and the Roar lost 1-0 on the Gold Coast. Thanks Foo Fighters.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The one upside of the foo fighters was that I didn't end up paying to see that dross.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Probably would have been a better performance at Suncorp rather than the loving Gold Coast.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Mustafa posted:

Probably would have been a better performance at Suncorp rather than the loving Gold Coast.

This is true - I couldn't track down a stream and couldn't watch, but by all accounts Brisbane were doing well enough even before the man advantage but just not knowing what to do in the final third. I can't help but think how their fortunes this season might be reversed if tthey'd hung onto Berisha or found a suitable replacement

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

They have to play all of their ACL games there now because of an AFC rule too :laugh:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Adnar posted:

They have to play all of their ACL games there now because of an AFC rule too :laugh:

Only the group stage games (lol we aren't making it out of the groups)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hurrah for Friday night games. Don't have to mess around hooking up the laptop to watch Adelaide beat City tonight :getin:

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
How are there no other stadiums in Brisbane that meet AFC standards?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Mustafa posted:

How are there no other stadiums in Brisbane that meet AFC standards?

Is QE2 that bad?

Mariners tactics this weekend.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 27, 2015

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

C'aaaaaaarn United!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
City doing that thing where they look like a group of professional players for a change. Lets see how long it goes for!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Aaron Mooys teeth look like he's spent an entire year chewing tobacco and gargling with road tar.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tongues posted:

City doing that thing where they look like a group of professional players for a change. Lets see how long it goes for!

Hopefully not too long. They are looking dangerous on attack, though.

Have you HEARD about City's new training rooms though? OMG :allears:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Hopefully not too long. They are looking dangerous on attack, though.

Have you HEARD about City's new training rooms though? OMG :allears:

I got through about a minute of that loving video they put out - holy christ I get it now they have somewhere to train, it's possibly the least exciting news a team can put out just shy of announcing a q and a with the groundskeeper.

Adelaide looking the good here now, everytime city has gone near the box 50 Ted shirts are there first

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CIRCULAR loving DRESSING ROOMS, you would NOT believe.

Tongues posted:

I got through about a minute of that loving video they put out - holy christ I get it now they have somewhere to train, it's possibly the least exciting news a team can put out just shy of announcing a q and a with the groundskeeper.

Adelaide looking the good here now, everytime city has gone near the box 50 Ted shirts are there first

Not at the moment, it's swung back. Calling 1-1 result :(

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

YEAH-OH!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

CIRCULAR loving DRESSING ROOMS, you would NOT believe.

Not at the moment, it's swung back. Calling 1-1 result :(

LOOK WHAT YOU DID

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Nice to see Devin Townsend making the trip down to watch some soccer with the Adelaide support

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Lol let's hope City spend even more money because the amount they spend is inversely proportionate to how good they are

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tongues posted:

LOOK WHAT YOU DID

I'm on track to be right :smug:

but I wouldn't be sad to be wrong.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Mustafa posted:

Lol let's hope City spend even more money because the amount they spend is inversely proportionate to how good they are

Seriously. I think I read somewhere that they're youth squad has like the highest average age, and they're tearing poo poo up. Just put them on the park and see what happens - worst case they lose 3 more points.

Get some blokes from the stand if theres enough.

Also I hate how they keep saying Thirio. I want the swordmaster from game of thrones

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
That was a bit of a nasty challenge by Clisby. How was it not even a card?

Mustafa fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Feb 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Mustafa posted:

That was a bit of a nasty challenge by Clisby. How was it not even a card?

Sorry, I saw a flea on my dog and just lost my poo poo. Fucken hate the things.

I'm not sure even Adelaides late game fade outs can help City here

• Locked thread