Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

What's with the unnecessary empty space in the 2nd word balloon on the top? Was there additional dialogues originally that got removed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The right is so all-consumingly desperate for a cool candidate that they'll even latch onto a mocking photoshop. Buckley died a long time ago and their coolness has been dead just as long.

Buckley was cool?

Also, that photoshop wasn't mocking. It was some California libertarian shithead doing something about how Cruz is strong and tough cause he keeps picking on weak and defenceless people to suck up to the rich and powerful.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Does anyone else read this as Boehner furiously beating off to Ryan?

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

there wolf posted:

Does anyone else read this as Boehner furiously beating off to Ryan?

Is there another way to interpret that first panel?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Fulchrum posted:

Buckley was cool?

Also, that photoshop wasn't mocking. It was some California libertarian shithead doing something about how Cruz is strong and tough cause he keeps picking on weak and defenceless people to suck up to the rich and powerful.

It seems to be a common theme both on the right and in the "serious centrists" who write columns in newspapers. "Courage" and "toughness" means being willing to screw over those who can least afford it. When someone says "we all have to make sacrifices," you usually can add "except for me and my friends" at the end.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

zakharov posted:

IF GLOBAL WARMING WHY COLD

Worse: IF VACCINES WORK WHY DISEASE?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Post 9-11 User posted:

That doesn't even make sense from a not making sense perspective,

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

there wolf posted:

Does anyone else read this as Boehner furiously beating off to Ryan Ted Cruz?

That is literally what Muir intended. He hates McConnell and Boehner because he perceives them as being weak compared to the strong, righteous :swoon: Cruz-sama :swoon:. The ultimate form of male weakness in Muir's unfortunately common psyche is being gay while also being attracted to 'strong' men, because that means they want to take it in the butt like a sleeping Zed-wife (and there is nothing weaker than being in any way similar a woman). So naturally, while drawing a bunch of men dreaming of women, he makes Boehner dream of make-believe tatted-up Cruz and cry at the beauty he perceives.

Meanwhile, all of the other men in the comic dream of the women they gently caress, standing awkwardly in a white void like bored pinup models. You know, normal wet dreams.

I think that the labels are supposed to be Muir's way of reminding the audience where everyone is?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Zed claims in the 2nd panel he is not getting any tattoos, but he has some sort of navy seal sniper badass tattoo on his arm.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
See and here I thought he was just going for some garden variety 'wusses like Boehner dream of what they fear, while Real Men dream of what they want to stick their dicks in.' Does that mean Muir somewhat effectively managed to deliver his lovely burn on Boehner? No, because the punchline is in the very first panel for some reason.

Also, I see abs+Republican my mind immediately goes to Ryan even if Cruz is written on said abs.

there wolf fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Feb 22, 2015

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I went looking for BigFurHat updates but he's just doing minor illustrations and writing dumb articles. :smith: There is this thing he may have made, though:

Naive voters, a political machine with deep pockets. Hmm... not my team!

Still cleaning out old pictures, another reason I like Dees:

Then again:

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Feb 22, 2015

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

They're a thing if you're rich enough.

What? No it's not. If you're rich and don't want to breastfeed your baby you just use formula instead.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

SCIENCE BUILDING
TOP FLOOR

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

SCIENCE BUILDING
TOP FLOOR

I guess every floor would be labelled that way then

Political Whores fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 22, 2015

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You know, we haven't heard from our good buddy HENRY lately. What's going on, pal?

They haven't used that logo in like six years

Monkeys

*http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/02/13/new-evidence-south-american-monkeys-came-from-africa/

February 17th, 2015 | Tags: Africa, Cartoons by Henry, monkeys, South America | Category: Political Cartoons by Henry | Comments are closed

Look out King Gorrell a CHALLENGER approaches your mighty throne

I love the tracksuit

uhhhhhhhhhhh

:patssay: also lol drat those hands are photoshopped like whoa

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Why does the climate scientists briefcase have poo poo written upside down on it?

(I know it is just a stupid label. Shut up)

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

The number of "now I guess wee know where ovomit came from" comments is astounding.

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.
I love how all conservative cartoonists choose to go over the top with snow and add "RECORD COLD THIS YEAR" signs in their lovely Global warming cartoons, as if record colds every year and ginormous amounts of snow isn't indicative of a problem.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Post 9-11 User posted:

I honestly thought that the "Why cold?" crowd were the most irritating it was possible to be but clearly I forgot about Dre that there is always more and it is always worse. :smith:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Lysdexique posted:

I love how all conservative cartoonists choose to go over the top with snow and add "RECORD COLD THIS YEAR" signs in their lovely Global warming cartoons, as if record colds every year and ginormous amounts of snow isn't indicative of a problem.

Conservatives can't understand that "part of America" is not the same as "global."

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lysdexique posted:

No, see, clearly the climate changing is not indicative of climate change because if we refer to it as global warming that only means that things get warmer all the time.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

SCIENCE BUILDING
TOP FLOOR

You know, the SCIENCE BUILDING. The building where the scientists work. It is a very big building, and the TOP FLOOR is very high. How high? Only the scientists can say. Each night, they carry the science home with them in briefcases in case of a terrorist attack on the SCIENCE BUILDING.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

You heard it here first: Vaccine paranoia is caused by global warming hype, thanks to those jerks in SCIENCE BUILDING

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Somfin posted:

That is literally what Muir intended. He hates McConnell and Boehner because he perceives them as being weak compared to the strong, righteous :swoon: Cruz-sama :swoon:. The ultimate form of male weakness in Muir's unfortunately common psyche is being gay while also being attracted to 'strong' men, because that means they want to take it in the butt like a sleeping Zed-wife (and there is nothing weaker than being in any way similar a woman). So naturally, while drawing a bunch of men dreaming of women, he makes Boehner dream of make-believe tatted-up Cruz and cry at the beauty he perceives.

All of this psychologizing you're doing is just reminding me that Muir dreams of tatted-hunk Cruz more than anyone else on the planet does except maybe the original artist :gonk:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Political SMBC today. Actually I guess this is technically yesterday's.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

KennyMan666 posted:

I'll make this deal with as many people as possible.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

British MPs actually do that quite often.
http://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/pairing/

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Those boomers and their award shows, amirite :smug:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SMBC guy does enough econ jokes that he should know that system is not a stable equilibrium :colbert:

It's always in both parties' interest to lie about not voting and then still go vote anyway, so the meeting and agreement are ALSO a waste of time.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

World Famous Whore posted:

Why does the climate scientists briefcase have poo poo written upside down on it?

(I know it is just a stupid label. Shut up)

He's an Australian scientist.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Ralepozozaxe posted:

He's an Australian scientist.

Which is why he's enjoying the gently caress out of that snow.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

KennyMan666 posted:

This works well for votes that only have two choices, but what happens if someone votes for a third-party candipffffHAHAHAHAHAHA

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Party Boat posted:

This works well for votes that only have two choices, but what happens if someone votes for a third-party candipffffHAHAHAHAHAHA

THROW YOUR VOTE AWAY.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

computer parts posted:

THROW YOUR VOTE AWAY.

Still funny after all these years.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

computer parts posted:

THROW YOUR VOTE AWAY.
Wrong, computer parts the misinformed dingo!

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Post 9-11 User posted:

Worst: IF VACCINES WORK WHY SNOW?

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

KennyMan666 posted:

On the other hand,

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

DarklyDreaming posted:

This is theoretically possible, but you'd need a team of geologists and physicists working as a team for weeks to find the exact right spot to detonate the biggest nuclear device accessible to humanity to cause a full eruption. Anything less would be a minor quake in Wyoming at most. :science:

Causing Yellowstone to blow would be the most :black101: terror plot in history.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

computer parts posted:

THROW YOUR VOTE AWAY.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

" A letter to David Cameron from the devil – Chris Riddell on the bishops’ letter to voters"

Sunday Telegraph:

Ukraine crisis: Deadly bomb blast hits rally in Kharkiv

• Locked thread