Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

Cuccos just take a big dump on my enjoyment every map they're in. Even when they're allied they steal kills >:(

Yeah, this is Not Fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Edit: In the course of playing the level on the Twilight Map with Gohma and the Imprisoned, I've lucked into the max rupees glitch. I wasn't paying close attention, but I was at somewhere between 1.2 million and 1.4 million, so hooray for an easy 8+ million rupees.

Mind giving some coordinates on that stage? There's a lot of Squares to search.

E: found it. F-2 on the Twilight map, counting from the top-left.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 22, 2015

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

mabels big day posted:

Does that rupee glitch give you all those rupees for real? Because if that's an easy way to grind rupees I am all for it

Yes.

Bruceski posted:

Mind giving some coordinates on that stage? There's a lot of Squares to search.

E: found it. F-2 on the Twilight map, counting from the top-left.

The coordinate system I've been using is B6 with letters for the rows but I suppose it works either way.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

The coordinate system I've been using is B6 with letters for the rows but I suppose it works either way.

The one I WANT to use is (6,7) with proper mathematical number grid notation, but nobody seems to go that way.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Yeah if that Rupee glitch were easily reproducible I'd probably have more of an urge to continue to play this game because I've put so much effort into making Ganondorf have the power and there's like a billion other characters blglrrlhlblrlh

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Full info for the boss dlc pack

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

can't wait to unlock pink hair recolour for link

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
How the hell do you easilly do this master Quest mission in 1-2?

It's the one that acts as a gateway to Cias level 3 weapon square and involves you taking on loads of character bosses with Impa without healing.

The first combo of Ganondorf and Zant is enough to outright kill me because for some reason their resistance to damage has been ramped way up on that mission.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Kin posted:

It's the one that acts as a gateway to Cias level 3 weapon square and involves you taking on loads of character bosses with Impa without healing.

The first combo of Ganondorf and Zant is enough to outright kill me because for some reason their resistance to damage has been ramped way up on that mission.

What level is your Impa.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Jesus, Zant's 2nd weapon battle is already an uphill battle. Why is there a loving cucco now? This is terrible and bad.

Is it bad that I didn't have any problems with that mission? Only played it once to get a feel for it, then played through it again to get the weapon.

Also, unlocked my first Rewards map. Those things give out a ton of rupees for clearing them, which helps when I'm short on cash to spend on badges and training and stuff.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Haruharuharuko posted:

What level is your Impa.

About 60 to 70. I have a 5 star level 3 weapon of hers too.

I was thinking I'd just grind her up to level 100 and try to cheese it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Is it bad that I didn't have any problems with that mission? Only played it once to get a feel for it, then played through it again to get the weapon.

Also, unlocked my first Rewards map. Those things give out a ton of rupees for clearing them, which helps when I'm short on cash to spend on badges and training and stuff.

It's not bad, but really cool. Come over to my house and beat this for me.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Kin posted:

Block.

Seriously, use the boomerang to stun the enemy you aren't supposed to kill and then just hold the block button until you see a weak point gauge. That mission was a huge pain in the rear end for me until I started blocking and then it became completely trivial.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Doc V posted:

Block.

Seriously, use the boomerang to stun the enemy you aren't supposed to kill and then just hold the block button until you see a weak point gauge. That mission was a huge pain in the rear end for me until I started blocking and then it became completely trivial.

Well, i have tried blocking, the only thing is your block only works from the front so when one of the other guys gets around to the side of you, you just get mashed.

I never thought about using the boomerang to stun them, so i'll give that a go. Hopefully i can just spam the boomerand between getting a few hits in and will just whittle them away because gently caress waiting for Zant's gauge to come up while Ganondorf is coming out of stun.

How long does the boomerang stun last on character bosses anyway?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kin posted:

Well, i have tried blocking, the only thing is your block only works from the front so when one of the other guys gets around to the side of you, you just get mashed.

I never thought about using the boomerang to stun them, so i'll give that a go. Hopefully i can just spam the boomerand between getting a few hits in and will just whittle them away because gently caress waiting for Zant's gauge to come up while Ganondorf is coming out of stun.

How long does the boomerang stun last on character bosses anyway?

I've seen it for as long as 5 seconds, any hit will knock them out of it though.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I got the max rupees glitch a fourth time. It's completely replicable but still not very consistent, unfortunately: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi1R0kbag

Also, in the GameFAQs thread yesterday, someone got the glitch with Ganondorf on a Gohma on a different stage, so it's definitely not tied to either of those factors.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
You know, given the games that Hyrule Warriors pull from for most of it's lore, I'd say it's set late in an alternate Child Timeline since the only games they've pulled characters from that is set latter than Ocarina of Time is Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess (and the other characters either come from an earlier point than that or are legacy characters).

On that note, I don't actually mind activating a Cucco Revenge Squad: I find them easier to deal with here than in any other game, though part of that is because the unnamed cuccos go down as fast as a normal soldier (and add to my kill score, and therefore my kill rank).

Also, I assume "Hasty Attacks" is mandatory on whatever ultimate weapon you make for Ganondorf when you get a weapon with that skill for him, right?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I've seen it for as long as 5 seconds, any hit will knock them out of it though.

Just abused it and found that the characters stayed stunned for like 20 seconds in some cases. It didn't make the mission a breeze, but it certainly brought it down to "actually doable" levels.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I got the max rupees glitch a fourth time. It's completely replicable but still not very consistent, unfortunately: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi1R0kbag

Also, in the GameFAQs thread yesterday, someone got the glitch with Ganondorf on a Gohma on a different stage, so it's definitely not tied to either of those factors.

I tried this last night on the early Defeat The Giant Bosses mission on the Adventure map where you have to use Lana against Gohma. My setup was a little different in hopes of maybe eliminating something but 10 tries with a no star third tier gate with two sealed skills and Rupees+ did not replicate it, I then tried an Exp potion for 10 tries and still could not get it to work. Not sure if there is some other variable not being accounted for or if stars, stage, or Exp+ might factor into it.

E: Just tried with Link, using a 3 star rank 2 Sword with Exp+ Material+ Rupees+ and a sealed 4k skill. I did this on the map to the left of the start point in Adventure where you fight two Dodongos and was able to kill one 10 times while they were ready for a weakpoint smash after the first gauge appearance and didn't get the rupees. I then tried the map near there (Defeat the Giant Monsters level 11) with the same setup against Gohma 10 times and did not get the rupees.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Feb 22, 2015

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Now that people are starting to figure this out, I bet it gets patched out before I get my Wii U back from repairs :smith:

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
If you are really worried about a patch, just don't let your Wii U connect to the Internet. It won't be able to auto update that way.

Then, do the glitch over and over again. Get your insanely sum of rupees and level everyone up. Once you have more rupees than you'll ever need, then you can update.

I really want to try this max rupee glitch. Too bad we can't see the real time registers of a Wii U in real time as the game is playing. There obviously is some reason why this happens. Probably some variable is temporarily saved and isn't reset and thus the rupee values get all messed up.

Now, to just find out EXACTLY why and when that happens :dance:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Spectacle Rock posted:

If you are really worried about a patch, just don't let your Wii U connect to the Internet. It won't be able to auto update that way.

Then, do the glitch over and over again. Get your insanely sum of rupees and level everyone up. Once you have more rupees than you'll ever need, then you can update.

I really want to try this max rupee glitch. Too bad we can't see the real time registers of a Wii U in real time as the game is playing. There obviously is some reason why this happens. Probably some variable is temporarily saved and isn't reset and thus the rupee values get all messed up.

Now, to just find out EXACTLY why and when that happens :dance:

This is kind of what I was thinking. Something in the RNG is getting tickled just right by certain conditions. But it seems like the amount of rupees you get from killing a particular enemy in a particular stage is pretty constant. I don't know. I've messed around with a few things and can't seem to do it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Got it a fifth time: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi1fcziPQ

I think the important point might be to have a smooth, continuous combo on the Gohma for the entirety of its lifebar, since it's worked twice now when powered up Argorok has consistently dealt continuous damage with no split second misses, but maybe I'm grasping at straws.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Got it a fifth time: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi1fcziPQ

I think the important point might be to have a smooth, continuous combo on the Gohma for the entirety of its lifebar, since it's worked twice now when powered up Argorok has consistently dealt continuous damage with no split second misses, but maybe I'm grasping at straws.

Well that explains why you have a much easier time one-shotting Ghoma than I do. My Lana's half your level.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Bruceski posted:

Well that explains why you have a much easier time one-shotting Ghoma than I do. My Lana's half your level.

People have done it on different maps, so you should be able to pick a map with an easier Gohma (or multiple Gohmas) to kill.

Also, I forgot to mention it, but this last time I was using Restart Map after attempts where it didn't work on the Gohma in the level, as opposed to finishing the level out, so that doesn't seem to affect the glitch happening at all.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Do you think you could post a step-by-step, at least of what you know so far?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yes, please do. I would really like to cut out a lot of grinding.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Yeah, this would be really cool. At least, post step by step what you know you do every time (what character, weapon, stars, slots, level selected, level of your character, etc...)

Then, one (or a lot) of us could try to do all of that just like you and see if it is replicable for us. The problem with a glitch like this is it could seriously be something that won't happen for some of us. It could be as bizarre as being tied to how many hours you've played the game or how many rupees you already have. It probably ISN'T, but it is possible.

Could you give us a detailed account of what you do? Even stuff like the costume your character wears might matter. We want as many variables as possible to be constant.

If I have some spare time soon and you give a run down I can try to replicate the glitch. Game goons are smart; we can figure this out (and thanks for all your work you've done so far).

Even include what controller setup you use. Gamepad, Pro Controller, etc... Some bugs seriously only occur when an insane set of conditions are met.

Here's a list of stuff that could matter. I put the most important at the top.

1) Character you use and the character's costume.
2) Weapon your character uses.
3) The exact stage you play.
4) Once the stage starts, try to give as detailed a list of what you do and in what order.
5) What controller setup scheme you use.
6) When you turn the game on, do you go straight into the map you play, or do you visit another area first (such as the potion shop)
7) What DLC packs have you purchased?
8) What modes in the game have you beaten or not beaten? Such as Story Mode, Adventure Mode maps, etc...

These right here seem like the most important conditions.

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 22, 2015

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

mabels big day posted:

Sure, but first, let's blow up some of the criteria previously thought necessary with my 6th max rupees glitch: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi1mDXNqg

Basically, if you kill a giant boss in a very particular way and without using a weak point smash, it seems to break something in the way the game counts rupees earned from it. I think there might be some kind of increasing reward system, like a combo bonus, the more you hit an enemy continuously, but that's really just conjecture. This is the 4th time it's worked with powered up Argorok, which shoots a rapid and continuous fire stream from its mouth. Of course, someone on Miiverse did it with Ganondorf, so it probably is something else entirely.

What else do you want to know? Basically, I just keep breaking this Gohma's weakpoint in one knockdown with the process I posted about yesterday, then summoning things with C1 until I get Argorok and can kill Gohma with powered C5. A lot of times nothing special happens, but sometimes you get a shitload of rupees, so it's pretty neat.

Spectacle Rock posted:

Here's a list of stuff that could matter. I put the most important at the top.

1) Character you use and the character's costume.
2) Weapon your character uses.
3) The exact stage you play.
4) Once the stage starts, try to give as detailed a list of what you do and in what order.
5) What controller setup scheme you use.
6) When you turn the game on, do you go straight into the map you play, or do you visit another area first (such as the potion shop)
7) What DLC packs have you purchased?
8) What modes in the game have you beaten or not beaten? Such as Story Mode, Adventure Mode maps, etc...

These right here seem like the most important conditions.

1) Lana with Skull Kid costume, but a Miiverse poster used Ganondorf instead
2) I've now done it with an 8-bit Gate and a Rank 2 Gate
3) Twilight Map, B6, but other people have done it on other stages
4) I run up the right side of the map while switching to Arrows, engage the Gohma, shoot its eye then dodge cancel forward, start the C3 Manhandla combo early so that the WPG appears during the second hit of the weak string, mash Strong Attack so the Manhandla head will do the seed spit following, dodge cancel forward, do C1, dodge cancel away, wait for WPG to deplete, then summon C1s until I get Argorok for a powered up C5. If it doesn't trigger the glitch, I Restart Map.
5) Gamepad
6) I've been all over the place. I've done other missions in between, sold weapons, fused weapons, etc.
7) All of the packs except the two previously retailer exclusive costume packs that weren't the one from Amazon
8) I haven't done Cia's Tale in Legend but I've done everything else. Oh, I've never touched Challenge Mode.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 22, 2015

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Sure, but first, let's blow up some of the criteria previously thought necessary with my 6th max rupees glitch: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi1mDXNqg

What else do you want to know?

See my post above yours brother; and thank you for helping us crack this. Together we can do it!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Spectacle Rock posted:

See my post above yours brother; and thank you for helping us crack this. Together we can do it!

I edited my previous post with answers to your questions. If there's anything else, let me know.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't have any +rupees summoning gates, so i guess i'll try it without.

edit: doesn't seem to be working. I am using the C3 into C1 combo to break the WPG instantly and spamming C1s until I get argorok, and then killing with argorok C5. No +Rupee on my weapon so that is probably it. Also I am playing on a Defeat the Giant Bosses! map in the original adventure map, where I fight two Gohmas. Maybe being on the regular adventure map affects it.

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 22, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its too bad no amount of rupees will let you skip the grind for unlocking weapon skills.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Internet Kraken posted:

Its too bad no amount of rupees will let you skip the grind for unlocking weapon skills.

Definitely true. At least getting a ton of rupees has helped me get characters I don't want to play much up to higher levels, like taking Fi up to 200.

mabels big day posted:

I don't have any +rupees summoning gates, so i guess i'll try it without.

edit: doesn't seem to be working. I am using the C3 into C1 combo to break the WPG instantly and spamming C1s until I get argorok, and then killing with argorok C5. No +Rupee on my weapon so that is probably it. Also I am playing on a Defeat the Giant Bosses! map in the original adventure map, where I fight two Gohmas. Maybe being on the regular adventure map affects it.

I'm pretty sure one of the Miiverse success stories took place on one of those levels (there's two with two Gohmas on that map), and the Ganondorf one was on the regular Adventure map, too.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

So is that one MQ map still likely the best for grinding xp?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

mastajake posted:

So is that one MQ map still likely the best for grinding xp?

It's still the one I use unless my character is hopelessly bad at giant boss weakpoints or something. The higher level Divisive Plan missions on the Twilight Map were highly recommended before the latest update made load times longer. A couple of the Rewards Maps are also popular choices, including the one on the left and the one with all the girls.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

so, just gotta cross my fingers for a +rupees summoning gate huh

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

mabels big day posted:

so, just gotta cross my fingers for a +rupees summoning gate huh

You can improve your chances by playing a fast map somewhere with Summoning Gate Lana and using a Bonus Skills potion (I think that's the right one).

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

You can improve your chances by playing a fast map somewhere with Summoning Gate Lana and using a Bonus Skills potion (I think that's the right one).

Out of curiosity, how many attempts are you doing between successes? I feel like I'm doing it all minus having a multistar weapon and Exp+ and also using a different stage but I'm about 40 attempts now including some done specifically as you mentioned (killing with charged Argorak in one combo) and have yet to trigger it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Jibo posted:

Out of curiosity, how many attempts are you doing between successes? I feel like I'm doing it all minus having a multistar weapon and Exp+ and also using a different stage but I'm about 40 attempts now including some done specifically as you mentioned (killing with charged Argorak in one combo) and have yet to trigger it.

I would guess I'm in triple digits of attempts with 6 successes total, but it's not so bad since I can kill Gohma within one minute most of the time and I just Restart Map if the glitch doesn't trigger.

• Locked thread