Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

chumbler posted:

His buds, excluding Shima, really are pretty great, and I am 100% behind Oka and Mikan ending up together (and she doesn't seem too against it, either).

I also hope it happens and then we find out that Asahi being Rin's grandfather is actually not true at all and she got it wrong because she's dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

dordreff posted:

I also hope it happens and then we find out that Asahi being Rin's grandfather is actually not true at all and she got it wrong because she's dumb

Asahi and Youko have a kid named A. Oka and Mikan have a kid named B.

A and B have a kid named Rin.

Rin now has two grandmas, Youko and Mikan.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

dordreff posted:

Or better yet, Asahi is not Rin's biological grandfather, he's just a 'grandpa' in the same way that Mikan is 'Granny'. Because it's just a nickname.

This is assuming Asahi does not actually marry Mikan in the end of course, which is something we still don't know for sure

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
This makes me wish I'd saved Yoko and Shiho's imagine spot of a rumor in later chapters. Just post it and 'this pic could be mostly right.'

Granted, the chances of that actually happening are lower than low.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I'm really hoping Shaft animates this. Really. I'd be so happy.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Horizontal Tree posted:

All those wonderful blink-and-you'll-miss-it details, just like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei... :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Horizontal Tree posted:

Folt The Bolt posted:

All those wonderful blink-and-you'll-miss-it details, just like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei... :allears:

You know, now that they're stupid money thanks to the Monogatari series, Madoka and Nisekoi (don't know if Nisekoi did that well regarding DVD/Blu-Ray sales, but if the manga volumes started selling like pancakes, then mission loving accomplished), I'd expected for them to start getting lazy with their equal parts goofy / artsy-fartsy style, but I'm still surprised that they're still doing the blink-and-you-miss-it jokes every once in a while, along with the architecture student's wet dream backgrounds.

I do, however, hope that the guys that did Love Lab and Nozaki get it instead of Shaft.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Wark Say posted:

You know, now that they're stupid money thanks to the Monogatari series, Madoka and Nisekoi (don't know if Nisekoi did that well regarding DVD/Blu-Ray sales, but if the manga volumes started selling like pancakes, then mission loving accomplished), I'd expected for them to start getting lazy with their equal parts goofy / artsy-fartsy style, but I'm still surprised that they're still doing the blink-and-you-miss-it jokes every once in a while, along with the architecture student's wet dream backgrounds.

I do, however, hope that the guys that did Love Lab and Nozaki get it instead of Shaft.

I must admit: I miss the old Shaft. I've always had a hope that they'd animate the last SZS chapters, given how they must have been in on that secret from the very beginning.

Oh well, the guys who directed Nozaki-kun are also good.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
New chapter!

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Karen's gimmick is great.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Karen was oddly effective this chapter.

A date filled with vampire weaknesses. :stare:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Next chapter should be the last of Volume 8.

Only 3 more chapters before Akarin arrives.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
It's nice to see that Karen apparently took hiding lessons from Recette Lemongrass. And that she gets surprised by Yoko mid-dramatic monologue.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

WHERE THE gently caress IS THE NEXT CHAPTER

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

loving get together already, christ.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kidcoelacanth posted:

loving get together already, christ.

This is probably not the manga you're looking for for actual story and relationship resolution

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean, I'd be really happy if the author had them get together and it would be a nice change of pace, but really if less progression means more Truthism chapters then I'm ok with that.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

This is probably not the manga you're looking for for actual story and relationship resolution

Part of me thinks that the author should do this just to throw everyone a total curve ball.

But that's because I enjoy it thoroughly when a manga defies expectations and does something that nobody saw or predicted

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
This manga seems pretty good about drip feeding relationship advancement. It's spaced out and slow, but it's there. It's great how it gets put to use in the comedy too (icecreamine, the speedy pacification and drowsiness effector [SPADE], the fortune gods, etc.)

Next chapter is a pretty big milestone.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

khy posted:

Part of me thinks that the author should do this just to throw everyone a total curve ball.

But that's because I enjoy it thoroughly when a manga defies expectations and does something that nobody saw or predicted

Like Asahi gets a nosebleed and Youko accidentally licks/drinks it?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

This isn't Mysterious Girlfriend X.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Vampire indirect kiss!! :blush:

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Betting one of them stands up and falls into the other, leading to the bite.

Also betting the same thing happened with her parents.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Desuwa posted:

Betting one of them stands up and falls into the other, leading to the bite.

Also betting the same thing happened with her parents.

....and it will wind up being Asahi that bites Youko. Or if Youko does do the bite, the Gluttony Feather will make another appearance.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/570672975889850368
[LICENSE #1] MY MONSTER SECRET -- From author & artist Eiji Masuda. Volume 1 Coming January 2016!

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Title is 6/10 but gently caress it, I'm buying it. Seven Seas is picking up a lot of great properties recently.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i forgot truthism is just a dumb nickname people came up with and not the real name

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
The title isn't too bad, it gets the premise across a lot better than a direct translation. Gonna be picking these up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah the title is way better than Truthism or The Truth Is I Am or whatever other titles people have come up with.

Excited for this, even if it's a year away what

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Title implies that childhood friends are monsters. I'm okay with this.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Guess I should do the right thing and import this manga once it's awailable, since it's likely never getting released over here in Europe.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Doesn't Truthism work on two levels though, with Kuromine's inability to lie?

IMO that title is bland as poo poo

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

icantfindaname posted:

My Monster Secret also works on two levels.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

icantfindaname posted:

No, Truthism is a stupid non-word and My Monster Secret is better. Not great, but better.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

icantfindaname posted:

I feel your Colbert avatar suggests you may be bias in this regard.

The new name is ok, but a little meh. Regardless, still buying. Sort of have to, honestly, considering how much I've read of it.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

MY MONSTER SECRET works because it can either mean big or monster. MONSTROUS would work better on that regard but somehow feels more serious :v:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
As long as they handle Youko's accent well, I'm okay with pretty much any title.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

As long as they handle Youko's accent well, I'm okay with pretty much any title.

Anything other than southern/Texan would be a crime :colbert:. I don't care if they're in Japan.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Despite being the guy who ostensibly coined "Truthism" (just a stupid slurring of "The Truth Is, I'm..." anyway!), I am totally in love with My Monster Secret. What a great pun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
2016? They better do one heckuva job, then. I'm just happy that we're getting this officially released. I even like the goofy English name, because if there's something that this manga can use MORE of is goofiness.

Have we gotten word of a studio or anything of the ilk concerning the anime?\

• Locked thread