Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

No RoW is a big hit, IMO.

Really? Most of the ROW require a mandatory 3rd troop or some other points sink. Some of them have good perks, but others are really marginal. Not having admech as an ally is the biggest loss in my opnion, but you can get around it pretty easy. If you really want pride of the legion you can take the new consul that has it by default.

Hencoe posted:

I've been feeling the same since i realized it exists, but theres all of 4 30k players in the state so I havnt had a chance to try it out.

Do you play 30k in 40k?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

Do you play 30k in 40k?

I've scared most of the people who I would play off (30k in 40k) but I'm easing them back in. I made the mistake of starting at low points when I only had a couple models, castellaxes are brutal at 750
Also why I'm starting my iron warriors besides, to get people into 30k without blasting them with Martian death lasers.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 22, 2015

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, Castellax are the bees knees. You won't make friends if you bring them to your first game :v:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Wraiths are stupid easy now. It's impossible to gently caress up with them. For the points they are probably the best unit in the game right now.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I'm going to run a full size squad of them all with transdimensional beamers. I'm pretty sure that's a way you can gently caress up with them.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

ghetto wormhole posted:

I'm going to run a full size squad of them all with transdimensional beamers. I'm pretty sure that's a way you can gently caress up with them.

It'd be funny as part of the Canoptek Harvest to give them Relentless with those beamers. Hope your Riptide makes its save!

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Never forget.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Speaking of home rules, let's talk about Destroyer weapons and how it's dumb to make a game boil down to who-rolls-6-first. Anyone have any favorite alterations or the like to make them more consistent and less swingy-bullshit?

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

raverrn posted:

Speaking of home rules, let's talk about Destroyer weapons and how it's dumb to make a game boil down to who-rolls-6-first. Anyone have any favorite alterations or the like to make them more consistent and less swingy-bullshit?

As far as I have gathered, D and super heavies were introduced as no one was buying them for 40k.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah the Canoptek Harvest Formation is really crazy good especially being able to get the 1 ability that Wraiths needed to make Transdimensional beamers work , relentless they get. It's not a bad choice to give them.

You can even just take one then fill up on Scarabs and some more Spyders to get a 1st turn charge with the change to Spyders making that now possible.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

raverrn posted:

I kinda don't mind the 7th ed version of the D

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Oh so we're comparing Ds now?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm pretty fond of the D Weapons myself.

Here are the LVO rankings with some cool upsets , please don't ask what the points numbers mean their using some sort of new ranking software. I think the last number after the decimal is actual accrued points.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jCcVilaW2pvunF-UlbM67ah0tDDBIc2u4PeT1klO6dk/edit#gid=1482831394

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

We played an Apocalypse game yesterday and one dude's Scorpion 6'd a Heirodule in the first turn. It was the Tyranid player's only super heavy. :(

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I finished this month's Oath :toot:

Deathwing Terminator

Terminator Apothecary

Techmarine

Assault Squad

Servo-skulls

I already posted the finished Inquisitor a couple pages back. The servo-skulls were the most fun, for obvious reasons.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Slimnoid posted:

Servo-skulls
This is art

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Fuegan posted:

We played an Apocalypse game yesterday and one dude's Scorpion 6'd a Heirodule in the first turn. It was the Tyranid player's only super heavy. :(

Were you guys playing with strategic assets? I seem to recall one of the cards in the deck is a resupply card that allows you to put a destroyed unit back on the table.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

We weren't, since we had an equal spread of points but what was very apparent yesterday was that points != balance in Apocalypse. One team had a Scorpion, Cobra, Baneblade and an Imperial Knight vs a Stompa and a Heirodule. Team Evil definitely could have benefited from a couple of assets to balance this out some.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I wound up 3w-2l-1d, with a loss/draw being because of game ending/continuing when I needed it to go the other way. I my losses and draws were amazing games against great players. My wins were tabling against Eldar wave serpents. The rest of my team had 4-2, 4-1-1, 1-5, and 0-5-1.

Brandon has the jankiest pod/IG thing that almost lost in KP to one of my teammates. One of the twin cities bros is 6-0 as well, a guy I beat at the FoB invitational. He's a cool dude.

Today is 1500 highlander for those who didn't make top 8.

Finally my LVO list. I'll post write ups later.

Iron hands
Libby, meltabombs
2x 5 man close combat scouts, melta bombs
Siccarian
3x stormtalon, skyhammers
2x stormraven, asscan, multi melta
2x knight paladin

3 av 13 hulls start on the table, troops are hidden assault units in the Ravens with the Libby. I just hang on until the air force comes in then Hover to win objectives.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Naramyth posted:

I wound up 3w-2l-1d, with a loss/draw being because of game ending/continuing when I needed it to go the other way. I my losses and draws were amazing games against great players. My wins were tabling against Eldar wave serpents. The rest of my team had 4-2, 4-1-1, 1-5, and 0-5-1.

Brandon has the jankiest pod/IG thing that almost lost in KP to one of my teammates. One of the twin cities bros is 6-0 as well, a guy I beat at the FoB invitational. He's a cool dude.

Today is 1500 highlander for those who didn't make top 8.

Finally my LVO list. I'll post write ups later.

Yeah. Tyler "Moose" DeVries is a pretty good player. He's always trying to run the cheesiest lists imaginable. Looks like my other buddy is in 9th place. Sucks to be the bubble boy.

So, Naramyth, next I will be expecting updates on how your poker tournament went. You will be playing in one of those right?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Slimnoid posted:

I finished this month's Oath :toot:
Your stuff never fails to impress, these guys look dope. I especially dig the Techmarine with the drum feed bolter and bionics.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Its to bad about the Ork Player, getting bumped out at 9th has to suck.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SRM posted:

Your stuff never fails to impress, these guys look dope. I especially dig the Techmarine with the drum feed bolter and bionics.

Drum feed is just from one of the ork guns. The bionics are from Anvil Industries, and their stuff is seriously high quality.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Is there someplace where these lists are posted? I'm curios what the space marine w/ blood angel allies guy ran

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The spread of armies is looking pretty good in those results. Almost everyone is represented in the T16, and the T8 has a pretty decent spread. Even Newcrons made it into the T32. Kinda surprised to see so few Tau armies up there though.

panascope fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 22, 2015

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Hixson posted:

Is there someplace where these lists are posted? I'm curios what the space marine w/ blood angel allies guy ran

I haven't seen many lists post for the tournament, after the tournament a full list of the top 8 and what they played is usually posted.

Here's a Twitch stream for the tournament.

http://www.twitch.tv/frontlinegaming_tv/

edit:

This is roughly what the Space Marine Blood Angel player is playing according to someone on the internet I do not know

Lysander
Grav cents x3
40 scouts with bolters
2x5 devastor squads with las cannons
thunderfire

Blood angels
mephiston
libby
more scouts
command squad
drop pods

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 22, 2015

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

How about them 12th place Dark Angels though. Looks like a possible Azrael blob.

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 22, 2015

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Sisters of Battle at 21st. I think that's pretty cool.

I also noticed that there's only two imperial knight detachments in the top 20.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Knights dominate mid tables, but they are a little too vulnerable to make it six+ games with meeting a hard counter.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Sort of the same thing for Eldar Wave Serpents, going through the pictures of the tournament on frontline there's over 200 pictures of the different armies and it's insane the amount of Sicaran Battle tanks that are in the army but that also people really know how to counter it and take counters for it.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Slimnoid posted:

Servo-skulls

The other models look terrific but these make you a national treasure. :syoon:

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Slimnoid posted:

Drum feed is just from one of the ork guns. The bionics are from Anvil Industries, and their stuff is seriously high quality.

That's interesting to hear. I was looking at them a lot when I was considering cutting their legs and torsos with forgeworld 30k marines to make it cheaper, have you ever used the normal armour?

Also your deathwing Rock. i really like the way the areas in shade are a cooler tone. I really struggle not making it brown and you have done it really well.

Also... Punch Rockgroin!

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
So... is the NOVA Open being held at the Hilton near the Reagan airport or is it being held at the Hyatt? The room reservations are for the Hyatt, but the Hilton is what is on the banner... Where is the Hyatt in comparison if anyone is familiar?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I ran over a space marine with my rhino the other day. It was the greatest thing ever.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Boon posted:

So... is the NOVA Open being held at the Hilton near the Reagan airport or is it being held at the Hyatt? The room reservations are for the Hyatt, but the Hilton is what is on the banner... Where is the Hyatt in comparison if anyone is familiar?

It's at the Hyatt. I'm not sure how to describe where it's at, but it's like less than 20 minutes off of 95?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Ah okay. Anyway, registered. I see it's right across from the airport which has a metro right outside of it, so that's sweet.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

If you're coming from the airport I think they have a free shuttle that runs pretty often. WOM and I are dumbos who prefer to drive 14 hours over a 2 hour flight.

Glad to see you're coming! Are you going to do the GT or Warlord Narrative?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm coming up from Norfolk, so I hope the parking isn't $$$

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Boon posted:

I'm coming up from Norfolk, so I hope the parking isn't $$$

IIRC parking for people saying at the hotel is 12.50 a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Looks like Tyranids may get first at LVO, last match is up.

• Locked thread