Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I know gently caress all about joshi nowadays, but per DVDVR Stardom has already announced that Yoshiko is being stripped of her title and is having a meeting to discuss what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Yoshiko/ACT is a clear work and Paige/Charlotte is a shoot.

Seriously you don't do that to a person.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
They're going to discuss giving her the Dynamite Kid gimmick.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Put her in a match with Kyoko Kimura and then blackball her imo.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

She'll get fired and start up a shoot style promotion which leads to another MMA boom in Japan.

Seriously though, that's loving awful.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

That's insanely terrible but since it's wrestling I imagine people with talent don't actually get blacklisted

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Here's an early match between the two where Yoshiko again snaps and stiffs the ever-loving hell out of Act, this time right after one of Act's signature spots (Tying up her opponent in the corner, taking a big swig of rum, and then dumping some on her opponent).

Fan reports say that Act had to be carried out forcibly by a handful of people, and as she was being dragged away from the ring (There's a picture of her grabbing on to the ropes trying to get back in while people pull her away). The whole time she was being dragged away she was heard saying "I'm a pro wrestler!"

Act has always had a hard life, being bullied a lot growing up and being blind in one eye since birth. Her first big injury in pro wrestling put her into a situation where she has to risk the inability to carry a child just to continue a wrestler, which she said she would happily take just to live her dream. She finally had surgery on her eye and for the first time in her life she can see from it (The pirate gimmick was rooted in reality, the eye patch was there because she was legitimately blind). If this is what ends her career, it could be one of the saddest non-death tragedies in pro wrestling. She wasn't the best or anything, but people loved how much heart she had and she has sacrificed more to become a pro wrestler than most people would ever consider giving up for anything.

:smith:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Yoshiko's in the wrong for shooting on Act obviously but I'd place just as much, if not more, blame on Rossy for even allowing that to be an issue in the first place and creating a situation where something like that could happen and then straight up telling the ref not to stop the match despite what was happening.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

Yoshiko's in the wrong for shooting on Act obviously but I'd place just as much, if not more, blame on Rossy for even allowing that to be an issue in the first place and creating a situation where something like that could happen and then straight up telling the ref not to stop the match despite what was happening.
Someone from the show said the entire thing lasted around 5 minutes after the bell rang until Kyoko threw the towel in so it's completely believable that Rossy was in shock but if you're shocked that two people had that much heat you're a bad promoter and deserve as much blame or even more than Yoshiko.

Io had to come out an apologize to all the fans and try and cheer people up, along with the Ice Ribbon girls. If Yoshiko isn't blackballed from Joshi over this then Stardom is probably in the running for most disgusting promotion tactic of 2015. People were always clamoring to have Kana fired/blackballed back in the day for working stiff, but even in that instance where she knocked a girl out she wasn't actively seeking to end her entire career. Yoshiko was targeting Act's recently repaired eye which she was just seeing out of for the first time in her life.

I see all kinds of people trying to justify Yoshiko's actions by saying "Well what if Act was" but that's not a good excuse to try and end someone's whole career. That's some New Jack poo poo.

e:

quote:

2ch saying that she has an orbital floor fracture, cheekbone fracture, and nasal bone fracture. They want to check for a detached retina but can't because the swelling is too bad at the moment.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 23, 2015

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Have we any idea what the source of the heat was?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

Have we any idea what the source of the heat was?
Japanese wrestling is a lot more private than the US is so the exact details might not ever come out other than Yoshiko and Act never really have gotten along too well.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

People were always clamoring to have Kana fired/blackballed back in the day for working stiff, but even in that instance where she knocked a girl out she wasn't actively seeking to end her entire career. Yoshiko was targeting Act's recently repaired eye which she was just seeing out of for the first time in her life.

I know there's myriad posts like this but holy loving poo poo why would you ever do that to somebody? What a tremendous piece of poo poo.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Only thing missing is that Japanese media really jumps on this story.

It's got the makings of a new Kanemura level scandal.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

STARDOM just finished their press confrence or whatever, reports are saying that Yoshiko was stripped of the title and asked to leave the company, and say the heat stems from Yoshiko's jealous of Act's popularity. The match was changed to a title match at the last second which is why Yoshiko was hesitant to sign the contract (Just being contrary in general) and by the time the match started Yoshiko rage had been boiling that Act was not only the more popular girl but was going to take her title too.

If this turns into a story, I mean if Yoshiko ever returns to Stardom in the next 10 years, it's the most disgusting promotion tactic since taking advantage of Owen Hart's death.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Wow...thats hosed up :stare:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

No one should take her now. I mean who the gently caress could trust her to work with?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

If this is what ends her career, it could be one of the saddest non-death tragedies in pro wrestling. She wasn't the best or anything, but people loved how much heart she had and she has sacrificed more to become a pro wrestler than most people would ever consider giving up for anything.

:smith:
Kellie Skater worked Act last winter 2014 and was pretty upfront about Act not being "there yet" but emphasized Act has some serious potential. I hope that continues to be the case.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Absolutely no one has said that Act is a great wrestler, but I don't think anyone cheers her because she is. She's a great character, she has a lot of great facial expressions, the way she moves, her whole gimmick and attitude and she's so sympathetic too. What Yoshiko is doing is trying to end her career as a wrestler before she can even manage to learn how to work. Act's already been out a lot of her career due to injury/illnesses but she's working harder than anyone else I can think of to be the best professional wrestler she can be. Not to mention Act is almost 30 too which is when most girls end up retiring so as not to be seen as that "Old hag" so Yoshiko taking even more time away from her career just makes her even shittier of a person. Yoshiko by comparison is only 21 years old and even if she's blackballed for the next 5 years and only works for sleezy promotions and Oz Academy, she still has another full career afterwards when things quiet down.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 23, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Act's mother wrote a blog update, she had to write the blog for Act because both her eyes are swollen shut and she cannot see but these are Act's own words:

quote:

"I'm very sorry about what happened at the show. I wanted to perform for everyone and show them that I am a real Professional Wrestler. I really want to apologize. There's no excuse for what happened. Please do not think poorly of STARDOM, everyone is human and everyone is working very hard to make the company better! Please continue to support everyone working their hardest at Stardom while I'm away. Stardom is so full of pretty girls, it's a happy place to be. I wouldn't want to ruin the show with my ugly face!

For now I have to concentrate on recovery, but I still have my heart! I'm a weed who will continue to grow even if stepped on or beaten!"

Of course paraphrased because I'm not the best at Japanese, here blog entry is here.

Poor girl. She says she's being forced to take a break from all forms of social media for a couple of weeks since her eyes are swollen shut. It's possible she's also suffered a detached retina too, but the doctors couldn't determine anything since the swelling was so bad. Even through this she didn't say anything about Yoshiko, just encouraged fans to keep supporting Stardom and not to blame them for what happened.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i guess there's no video available of this horrendous shoot, huh

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Personally, I don't feel compelled to give a page click to validate some poo poo person trying to end someone's livelihood but YMMV.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

i guess there's no video available of this horrendous shoot, huh
It was live-streamed through Nico Nico, and it's going to air on TV but I believe that Stardom said they wouldn't air that match. It might show up anyway if someone's recorded/ripped the livestream.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well that's one of the shittiest things I've heard about in wrestling for a while

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Here is a report about it (3:21 for the incident). NSFW/disturbing footage warning:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hwk7x_stardom-highlights-2-22-15-act-yasukawa-yoshiko-incident_sport

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Here is a report about it (3:21 for the incident). NSFW/disturbing footage warning:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hwk7x_stardom-highlights-2-22-15-act-yasukawa-yoshiko-incident_sport

That loving ref. "Pretty please would you quit legit blasting ACT, please?"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rovert posted:

I wish I had not watched that. I regret asking. jesus lord almighty

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The worst part about that video is the smile Yoshiko gives when Act's trainer throws in the towel.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I recognise the member of ACTs team who goes after Yoshiko after she starts smiling but I can't place her. Who was that?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Skinty McEdger posted:

I recognise the member of ACTs team who goes after Yoshiko after she starts smiling but I can't place her. Who was that?

Kyoko Kimura, I think.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

Kyoko Kimura. She doesn't have her crazy afro anymore. Kimura is one of the women you absolutely do not want to piss off.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Is kayfabe in Japan still that much of a thing that everyone in and around the ring wouldn't just be like "What the gently caress are you doing, idiot?" when one wrestler starts assaulting another during a match?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Is kayfabe in Japan still that much of a thing that everyone in and around the ring wouldn't just be like "What the gently caress are you doing, idiot?" when one wrestler starts assaulting another during a match?
No, but the press still treats it with respect and doesn't start every interview with "We know it's fake". They're generally a lot stiffer over there, and when they're training people they're intentionally stiff with the mindset "If you can't handle it then get out"

Anyway, here's some bits from last night.

quote:

Translated tweets from Kyoko courtesy of facebook

Kyoko Kimura tweeted that Stardom's emergency meeting ended. Things were talked about how to make improvements. Rossy, Fuka, Nanae and Io were also present. They talked about Act's injuries, what penalties Yoshiko should face, rules of her punishment , possibly mental health care for both of them and other things she did not elaborate on, and to please wait for further announcements.She said that she plans on staying with Stardom at least until Act comes back (in more of a senpai role as opposed to just being a freelancer), and wonders if the same can be said for Yoshiko (being around until Act comes back).

Summary of Fuka's blog post about it, where she seems to think Act should also be punished

Emergency meeting was held and they said that they hope Act will get better soon. Discussion of punishment. They will make an announcement as soon as possible. Yasukawa showed repentance (her blog post earlier) so anything handed down may be lenient. Last year Fuka said she lost some trust in Act. And Act promised she would change things about herself. Yesterday at the hospital, Act said she wanted to get back Fuka's trust and was crying. Fuka thought Act was doing a good job at mending that trust. While Fuka was leaving, Act said "I love puroresu" please stand by me. Don't let me go. This morning, someone spoke to Act via telephone, and Act said "I still like Yoshiko," which caused Fuka to cry. Act and Yoshiko were fighting behind the scenes, and she thinks it is time that they address that situation personally. If Act wants to return to Stardom, Fuka is willing to take her in and make sure she is comfortable in the environment.

A blog Alpha Female posted:

quote:

Yoshiko is and always was a bully. Things like that happened all the time backstage/at training/ streets. Act loves wrestling and would continue to fight even she knows she will die! Stardom has two parties, the ones who are "old school" and love to fight and kind of think pro wrestling is real and the other side do not agree with them, but can't help it. Because guess what, the leaders like Takahashi and Natzuki having the mentality "if you can't take it, stay out!" Do I agree? NOT at all! Its a disgrace! This needs to stop! This is also a shame, because it affects the whole stardom rooster, but believe me not all of them are like that. I hope act has a speedy recovery. She will be back, there is no question about it! I worked for stardom a long time, I know what is going on. I know act, she is a real life hero! !

Many girls left, some didn't even debuted. Iroha is leaving soon. Asuka ramey left. My hope is that yoshiko will be banned forever. Nanae said she is having a surgery on her ankle soon and will be out for a month or so. That means that the other girls hopefully get the chance to change some things. I know from the chats with the girls that they are terrified, few really just want to quit! This is not wrestling I used to love!

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!

:stare:

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

She was great in Princess Bride.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I don't follow joshi but this is awful and Act's blog post is just the saddest thing.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
Part of what sucks about this is, a year ago, if you asked me to list my favorite wrestlers, Yoshiko would have made it to the top ten.

But this was a straight up attempt to wreck someone's career over a grudge. Fire her, blacklist her, and try to move on.

And I'd hate it if they "kept her around until Act comes back." I mean, would anyone else want to get in the ring with:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
wait why does act have heat for getting shot on

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

NickRoweFillea posted:

Wrestling is carny as hell.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NickRoweFillea posted:

Act didn't defend herself, exposed the biz.

I really hope this is a really old school work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

coconono posted:

Act didn't defend herself, exposed the biz.

I really hope this is a really old school work.

There's also the video of the match and it looks pretty clearly like Act is the one who threw the first punch which is when Yoshiko got pissed and started roughing her up.

That doesn't mean she deserves to have her face destroyed but that makes it less black and white and IMO nobody's innocent in this.

Rossy and Fuuka for making the match on the basis of "well they have legit heat so it'll be good" thereby fostering/encouraging an environment where this could happen, Act for starting the entire thing via throwing a hook right at Yoshiko's face, Yoshiko for going way over the line (give her a quick receipt and leave it at that if you have to respond), Wada for basically being a dope and even the oldschool environment of training.

Suben fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 24, 2015

• Locked thread