Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Title: One Down

e: Also I don't think this one was ever posted

e2: Fixed tiny images, sorry. That's what I get for trying to post cartoons from my phone :doh:

loquacius fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Blowouts are often immediately followed by strange cloud formations and birds falling dead from the sky, a STALKER cartoon.

Stefu
Feb 4, 2005

Some more Seppo Leinonen cartoons.

Sign: "Public sector demolition operation / Cuts / Savings / Cutbacks", horse: "Economy", man in top hat (Finland's PM Stubb) "Dammit! And we just managed to wean it off food!"

(Bush-era, obviously)

(Environmental footprint - related. Should be noted here that like Latuff, much of Seppo's work is drawn-for-purpose)

(TTIP is the planned free-trade agreement between EU and USA, for those that don't know.)

Stefu fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 22, 2015

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Stefu posted:

Some more Seppo Leinonen cartoons.

This makes me happy as poo poo.

I can't not read "seppo" in the Cockney rhyming slang sense though.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

This is from fifty pages ago but I just wanted to say that Putin's stand, WINTA, killed me

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Has anyone ever seriously said "The dinosaurs died out because those fuckin' idiots kept walkin' into tar pits!"? I get the thrust of the cartoon but it's kind of a weak parallel to draw.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

That Red Army bear! :3:

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

Wait, did Bok not get the Vaccines=Bad memo from the other conservative cartoonists?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

That Red Army bear! :3:

That Stubb! :stonk:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

TheMaskedChemist posted:

Wait, did Bok not get the Vaccines=Bad memo from the other conservative cartoonists?

Most of the conservative cartoonists haven't been doing the anti-vaxxer thing. I think only Gorrell and Dees have so far, though I might be forgetting someone. Ramirez even did a pro-vaccination cartoon.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Samurai Sanders posted:

That doesn't even make sense from a not making sense perspective,

C'mon mods we're overdue for a thread title change, I feel like someone fell asleep at the wheel here

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

majormonotone posted:

Most of the conservative cartoonists haven't been doing the anti-vaxxer thing. I think only Gorrell and Dees have so far, though I might be forgetting someone. Ramirez even did a pro-vaccination cartoon.

Dees is not Conservative. He's not liberal either. He's just himself.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Has anyone ever seriously said "The dinosaurs died out because those fuckin' idiots kept walkin' into tar pits!"? I get the thrust of the cartoon but it's kind of a weak parallel to draw.

Phone posting , so somebody else is going to have to find the pictures, but it's pretty much impossible to visit the Tar Pit museum and their giant wall of skulls and not reach the conclusion that dire wolves were goddamn idiots.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Ardeem posted:

Phone posting , so somebody else is going to have to find the pictures, but it's pretty much impossible to visit the Tar Pit museum and their giant wall of skulls and not reach the conclusion that dire wolves were goddamn idiots.

They were just tricked into the tar pits by Dire Rabbits.

Nenonen posted:

That Stubb! :stonk:

That's some xenomorph poo poo right there.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

forbidden lesbian posted:

Dees is not Conservative. He's not liberal either. He's just himself.

Dees is RON PAUL incarnate.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

This is beautiful

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Dees is RON PAUL incarnate.

Dees is Deus Ex played straight.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fess up - who asked for this?

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

KennyMan666 posted:

Political SMBC today. Actually I guess this is technically yesterday's.

If you can convince 20+ people of this you are way more effective by the numbers than any GOTV effort.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

BlueBlazer posted:

If you can convince 20+ people of this you are way more effective by the numbers than any GOTV effort.

Like the episode of 30 Rock where Tracy Jordan joins the Republican Party and makes a "Black people, don't vote!" PSA.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
So this is the most legendary Finnish political cartoonist ever, Kari Suomalainen, in 1968. It took a few decades before he went so overboard crazy that he got fired.

All it needs is a crying Havis Amanda.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

They haven't used that logo in like six years

Yeah, having sex means you're a prostitute, go out and be a prostitute, 21 year old mother with five year old child! Good thing we closed down the last abortion clinic in your town, and good thing you didn't abort that fetus because now we don't give a poo poo about the living child.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I may not have been the author's intent, but it works anyway because Harper is a clod?
Oh, and it's Sunday, it's Sunday! :confuoot:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Ardeem posted:

This photo is captioned with 'some of the thousands.' Dire wolves would probably make for a decent metaphor in and of themselves. Opportunistic predator/scavengers see what they think is an easy meal stuck in the tar. They go after it and get trapped themselves. Harper goes after what he thinks will be easy money in tar sands fracking and gets Canada stuck in it. Or maybe a loon since the lower fuel prices hurt Canada's economy?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Post 9-11 User posted:

Yeah, having sex means you're a prostitute, go out and be a prostitute, 21 year old mother with five year old child! Good thing we closed down the last abortion clinic in your town, and good thing you didn't abort that fetus because now we don't give a poo poo about the living child.

Actually it's just an especially repugnant A Thing Happened comic. One of the show's former subjects was literally arrested for prostitution.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Star-of-16-and-Pregnant-Charged-With-Prostitution--291897501.html

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

MS update

One of the most recent state bills would have allowed non-medical exemptions to the state's vaccination policy, and MS is one of the states ranked highest in vaccination rates. Thankfully, our lawmakers hadn't received their smarts vaccination and killed the bill.

2 :barf:

State Rep. Gene Alday (R-Walls) recently made some rather very racist statements in the Clarion-Ledger, the state's largest newspaper. Gems include "[I come] from a town where all the blacks are getting food stamps and what I call 'welfare crazy checks.' They don't work." and when he went to an emergency room "I liked to died. I laid in there for hours because they (blacks) were in there being treated for gunshots." Needless to say a LOT of people are unhappy with him and he's even garnered 2 primary challengers already. His "apology" was described as "short and monotone" and he said he made the remarks "without knowing they were going to be in the story."

3. :allears:

HE'S BACK!

Yes! A few days ago the "Friends of Chris McDaniel for Senate" Facebook page mysteriously changed to a "Friends of Chris McDaniel for MS Lt Gov." page after being mysteriously set to "private" while McDaniel's own Facebook page put out the question "Serious question. What do you think about Tate Reeves qualifying today for re-election as Lt. Gov.??? Do you support him?". McDaniel himself said that he would rather seek a national office, but since there's no federal elections in MS this year...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Observer:

" A letter to David Cameron from the devil – Chris Riddell on the bishops’ letter to voters"

In case anyone missed the reference, it's to The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis. David Cameron is being cast in the role of Wormwood, the ineffectual demon assigned to tempt a man into sin. One big theme in the book is the assertion that Hell's most desirable characteristics are greed and indifference to one's fellow man, which practically define Cameron's government. Also at the end of the book Wormwood fails in his mission and is devoured by Screwtape, whose previous affection for Wormwood was a sham.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Latuff was Brett Noel this whole time... :tinfoil:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Looks like Latuff and Noel have mo.... oh goddammit, Rorus.

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

"I believe Malcolm X was much better for african american civil rights in the US than Barack Obama is currently. It is the anniversary of his assassination coming up- how best to illustrate this...?"

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

Replace Malcolm X with MLK and it's literally Your Favorite poo poo Republican Cartoonist Here.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Benly posted:

Replace Malcolm X with MLK and it's literally Your Favorite poo poo Republican Cartoonist Here.

And then replace Obama with John Boehner, and replace MLK with Reagan :aaaaa:

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

Exclamation Marx posted:

And then replace Obama with John Boehner, and replace MLK with Reagan :aaaaa:

Well, I mean in the sense of "This prominent dead black civil rights leader would agree with me that this prominent black man is bad! - A White Man"

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Latuff isn't white

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Jedit posted:

In case anyone missed the reference, it's to The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis. David Cameron is being cast in the role of Wormwood, the ineffectual demon assigned to tempt a man into sin. One big theme in the book is the assertion that Hell's most desirable characteristics are greed and indifference to one's fellow man, which practically define Cameron's government. Also at the end of the book Wormwood fails in his mission and is devoured by Screwtape, whose previous affection for Wormwood was a sham.

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for this explanation. I have been legit culturally enriched by you, politoon thread.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG

Benly posted:

I think that you will find that Malcolm X and MLK are different enough that acting as though they are interchangeable is probably more disrespectful to their legacies than that Latuff cartoon.

For my money, Malcolm probably would be pretty frustrated with some of Obama's policies.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Exclamation Marx posted:

Latuff isn't white

He's not black either.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

Dazzling Addar posted:

I think that you will find that Malcolm X and MLK are different enough that acting as though they are interchangeable is probably more disrespectful to their legacies than that Latuff cartoon.

For my money, Malcolm probably would be pretty frustrated with some of Obama's policies.

Sure, and so would MLK. Right-wing cartoonists, however, like to imagine that MLK aligned perfectly with their image of the peaceful, gentle protester quietly guilt-tripping white men into ending racism forever, and Latuff appears to imagine Malcolm X as the righteous left-wing firebrand who would spank Obama out of ideological purity I guess?

I mean I'm not saying "all black civil rights leaders are the same", I'm saying that Latuff is basically doing the same "this famous guy who is dead would most definitely agree with me that Obama is bad because ???" that right-wing cartoonists do. A fair few of Latuff's cartoons are basically the mirror-universe version of right-wing old favorites and it always amuses me when it happens.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Exclamation Marx posted:

Latuff isn't white

No, he's a hack :haw:

(I don't really think that, don't start up again y'all, I just wanted to say it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Latuff is the physical embodiment of LF, this is literally all you need to know to understand his cartoons.

• Locked thread