Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoffeeBreak80
May 3, 2009

This is a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I don't know why it is , but I strongly dislike midgame champions and compositions that focus on them in all aspects: I don't like playing them I loathe playing against them, and every single time I see one drafted in LCS I really hope they lose. So at this point I'm rooting for CLG to drag out this game into super late and outscale C9.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I like Sneaky using his abilities to zone out CLG from destroying C9's deep wards.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
CLG are maybe the best rotational team at the moment but their teamfighting is not top-tier.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
zion keeps getting chunked for free every time

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
I can't believe how good CLG is at strategy but bad at tactics, and C9 is bad at strategy and loving unbelievable at tactics.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

"inner shield turret of the iron solari" - Riv

"a double kill for link to get him back in the game, he hasn't seen much action this game" he has 5 kills, the most on CLG and half their total :shrug:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
zed is a healthy assasin

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Slaapaav posted:

zed is a healthy assasin

assassins should be able to assassinate i agree

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

... The way to beat sneaky is with a Ramus and a blue skin for him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

If this was C9 vs TSM I'd say TSM would win, but I don't think CLG has the team fight ability to turn a late game teamfight with their late game damage advantage.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

SC Bracer posted:

a jungler with randuins from full hp?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Also late game Rumble & Zed do crazy amounts of damage they arent really midgame champs. Its just Rumble has a really strong level 6.

Like look at that team fight, Doublelift runs into the enemy team and dies first. What an idiot.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Sneaky going 3 item no LW, and then an additional Vamp Scepter not even on the way to the LW, and enemy team has tons of Armor, I don't know if I can get behind that; but I also don't think it will change the outcome of this game substantially.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Slaapaav posted:

Yeah, he had Baron and Riot doesn't like junglers.

I feel for Link. There's fire and Jarvan walls everywhere.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Congrats to TSM on breaking CLG for yet another year. Enjoy your fourth or fifth place finish, CLG.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Wow, doublelift didn't get to do anything that fight. Equalizer to double knockups.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

CoffeeBreak80 posted:

This is a good game.

:agreed: Looks like C9 is getting their mojo back bit by bit. CLG still looks top tier save for the (serious) issue of connecting jump-in 5v5 initiation with a timely, well positioned follow-up. Jungler/top/adc coordination needs work. Link is looking sick though.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Libertine posted:

Sneaky going 3 item no LW, and then an additional Vamp Scepter not even on the way to the LW, and enemy team has tons of Armor, I don't know if I can get behind that; but I also don't think it will change the outcome of this game substantially.

he just offensive valks onto the carries anyways dont need lw then

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Doublelift spent that entire teamfight on the Equalizer.

Slaapaav posted:

Randiun's was his only defensive item and Hai was pretty far ahead.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Slaapaav posted:

he just offensive valks onto the carries anyways dont need lw then

Yeah I mean when compared to his opposite who spends the entire fight dead it doesn't really matter what items he's building he's getting a lot more DPS uptime.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

loving lmao

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Slaapaav posted:

A J4 that's behind is actually quite squishy even with randuins.

e: Best end.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Good job CLG.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
:lol:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Libertine posted:

He mentioned in his interview yesterday he likes double vamp so that he can out heal any damage coming at him.

And Winions/CLG ignoring defense in favor of Offense wins the game.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
LMAO the solo queue yolo push

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I just assumed the game was over after the fight where double lift flung his team into a bad fight for no reason and tabbed out and just tabbed back to see I'm not exactly sure what.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Classic CLG

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It seems like the blueprint to beating C9 is don't let them take Baron, make sure to ward it early because they like to sneak it, force Sneaky to 2v2 lane, and keep Hai off of Zed.

Almost every single win for them this year has involved the same formula.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
CLG pays for their hubris in many painful equalizers.

That ending was pretty silly, maybe they should remember to defend their base next time! Though, they probably were done anyways.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Libertine posted:

BT on Corki gives him more magic damage. The only MR item Zion had was Spectre's Cowl iirc. CLG saw double AD and itemized to counter that but Corki still has his ult.

EDIT: Corki also gets free true damage from his AD. It makes a reasonable amount of sense to me.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
CLG was done as soon as they left Rumble and Zed up. Can't believe they banned Veigar, that was really dumb

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I can't remember a good high game this season not on zed but right now there's too many busted rear end champs to keep him off it so idk. Next week you won't see a veigar ban though.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

SC Bracer posted:

Wasn't a primary issue in THIS game, but what they definitely shouldn't be able to do, is jump back a full screen away for no cost whatsoever once they've assassinated someone.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gotta believe in C9. Giving Balls Rumble and Hai Zed to keep lemon off of.... veigar??? is kind of weird.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

SC Bracer posted:

A J4 that's behind is actually quite squishy even with randuins.

e: Best end.

i know but zed is still bullshit because he had 2 complete items and oneshot someone with randuins and one other incomplete hp item on someone with fairly good base armor. and he is so safe while doing all the damage

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Sneaky was building double lifesteal because he was just farting skills till he could valk offensively and clean up, which is against targets without armor.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I can't remember a good high game this season not on zed but right now there's too many busted rear end champs to keep him off it so idk. Next week you won't see a veigar ban though.

There is a lot of busted stuff he could otherwise play but I don't think anyone else in mid can split push like Zed, which seems to be Hai's best skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Reminder that no team has ever had a winning regular season record against C9. There are three remaining teams with the the opportunity to do that this season in TSM, Gravity, and Winterfox.

• Locked thread