Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

He is really great at vocalizing internet posts in exactly the way I like to imagine they were written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

VDay posted:

That's up there with warrior cat names for me for best Griffin-reads-a-list bits. His delivery is so drat good.

The way he starts out laughing and gets more serious and outraged is incredible.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Griffin's vernacular is a huge part of the appeal of The Adventure Zone to me. I'm super into fantasy things where everyone speaks like a bombastic teen.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
From the pictures I'm guessing the secret podcast the brothers were talking about was Big Gulp. Heres hoping they release it for free.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Just listened to adventure zone despite being skeptical about audio only dnd. It's really good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

VDay posted:

That's up there with warrior cat names for me for best Griffin-reads-a-list bits. His delivery is so drat good.

This is one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvS3Os-zkYo

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

"Hey brothers I don't like it when my husband plays board games because he doesn't spend time with me but when he stops playing games I realize I don't have any hobbies. Well I like listening to podcasts but I don't really like going outside or other people"

I almost suffocated because I couldn't stop scoffing

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Seriously you know why MBMBAM is great? They somehow are able to listen to that and not go 'get the gently caress away from the mic and shut up'.

That said I would listen to a podcast of someone talking boardgames and someone making wet fart sounds behind them.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Audience questions are the worst.
"Hey don't be a bummer"
"My ex is stalking me?"
How you manage to not tell that guy to gently caress off is beyond me.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

People in this thread seem consistently astounded that the McElroys would ever tolerate something mildly awkward or out of their comfort zone.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Audience questions are the worst.
"Hey don't be a bummer"
"My ex is stalking me?"
How you manage to not tell that guy to gently caress off is beyond me.

A bummer is "I am a lonely 30 year old virgin working as a service clerk with upward mobility or education/motivation also my cat up and died. How do I not be a shameful gelatin mold of a man and get them presidents?"

Stalking is upsetting but not doldrums, woe is me.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

By bummer I'm pretty sure they mean question that can't be answered in a joking manner. They pretty much had to respond to that with "get legal help" which is both obvious and not funny.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
"Please don't tickle me again. I'm a grown man, you're a grown man..."
"I tickle him again"

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

They have been on a god drat roll lately. It's been months since they made an episode that wasn't memorable.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ariong posted:

They have been on a god drat roll lately. It's been months since they made an episode that wasn't memorable.

Their not-quite-ironic love of Jimmy Buffett is pretty recent but is now one of the best running jokes they've got.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

At one point in this episode I totally thought they were leading up to a vore joke and when the moment came and passed I had to have a serious think about my own brain

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

GNU Order posted:

At one point in this episode I totally thought they were leading up to a vore joke and when the moment came and passed I had to have a serious think about my own brain

You've been listening to too much Big Gulp.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Fifty Shades of Butt Punchin'.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Look, ham isn't the best, but pepperoni is what children want before they develop a more sophisticated palate.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Ham is good, but if you put ham in a calzone you're a loving animal, you need the full, robust, flavor of spicy pepperoni in there, not weak rear end ham.

GET YOUR WEAK rear end HAM OUT.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I did not realize that this was only a Swedish thing until I googled it but I always assumed that a calzone was specifically only ham and that other variants had different names.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Pretty sure a Zapruder reference is the best way to cap a BttF bit.

"Back... And to the future. Back... And to the future."

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I did not realize that this was only a Swedish thing until I googled it but I always assumed that a calzone was specifically only ham and that other variants had different names.

I always thought a calzone generally was ham and cheese with sauce on the side whereas a stromboli was a giant pizza hotpocket

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Trexy posted:

I always thought a calzone generally was ham and cheese with sauce on the side whereas a stromboli was a giant pizza hotpocket

In the US calzone is just a general term for "like a pizza but folded in half" and can have all kinds of crazy fillings, at least with how most pizza places I've been to make it. Most of the stromboli I've had was cheese, pepperoni or spicy sausage, and sauce poured on top without any real variation in fillings. I've also seen lots of places roll their stromboli up into a log, whereas calzones are pretty much always that folded over pizza shape.

There used to be a place near me that did a mean BBQ chicken calzone, but they changed management, tried to revamp themselves as traditional Italian-style restaurant, and were closed four months later.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Anyone listen to Losing the Sheen? Justin apparently just watched the finale of Two and a Half Men and uhhhhhh https://instagram.com/p/zTqY2_wRaJ/ what?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Crindee posted:

Anyone listen to Losing the Sheen? Justin apparently just watched the finale of Two and a Half Men and uhhhhhh https://instagram.com/p/zTqY2_wRaJ/ what?

Can someone explain what's behind this link? I'd click it myself, but for some reason every time I try I fall unconscious and have some sort of bizarre fever dream. At least, that's the only logical explanation for what I see.

It makes sense, since Losing the Sheen made Two and a Half Men sound like a living nightmare.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Crindee posted:

:eyepop:
The Tim and Eric aesthetic leaking more and more into the mainstream I guess???
I like it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Ariong posted:

Can someone explain what's behind this link? I'd click it myself, but for some reason every time I try I fall unconscious and have some sort of bizarre fever dream. At least, that's the only logical explanation for what I see.

It makes sense, since Losing the Sheen made Two and a Half Men sound like a living nightmare.

it looks like Charlie sheens character walking up to a door then a piano falls and crushes him. It then show chuck lorre in a monogrammed directors chair. he turns around and says "winning", then a piano falls and crushes him.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

it looks like Charlie sheens character walking up to a door then a piano falls and crushes him. It then show chuck lorre in a monogrammed directors chair. he turns around and says "winning", then a piano falls and crushes him.

All I get when I try to read this post is a weird sort of static.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

BrainParasite posted:

All I get when I try to read this post is a weird sort of static.

You gotta drink the squid piss to understand the video.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
V͍̗͙̤͐̆͗̽͗ͧ́O̤̦̳͔̫ͦ̓̆̊̈ͪͫI͇̫̺̓ͩ͌ͮͨ͗D̟̩̹̖̥͂̀ͣͧ ̙͕̙̯͛ͮF̤̺̙̙̞̤͔̐̆ͣ̔̀̐̍̚ͅI̜̦ͥ̑̌̅S͕̭̮̱͗ͫ̃͊̽̌ͅH̟̹̖̠ͪͭͬ́ͩ

e: s̲͍̭̹̟̆̋̽͒ͧͤͦ͆t̜̩̹ͦ̇̍͂̉̂͆̉ö̺̠́̈́̅ͦ͛̿̚p͙̤͙̪̝͕̼̻͛ͭ̈́ͪ͒̒ͅ ̭̜̯͕̺̎̊͛t̞͚̠̘̖̫̔ͫ̾̐ͮ͊i͙̟̙̜̜̾̾ͣ̈̾͗̿c̗̯̠͍̗̯͈̄̈́͊k̖̺͙̫̠͍͋͂̈̌͊̊͑ͅl͕̪͓̜̼ͩ̃̄ͬ̅͗i̥̬̍n̺͓̼͖̠͑ͣg̲͖̥̲̯̬̍ͧ̐̈́ͤ̐͆ ̘͕̗͚̺͓͇̜ͯ̑ͣ̓m̰̣͕̹ͩ̂ͨ́̃̊e͈̹̲͕̰̻̻͉̔͊͑ͬ̌ͮ̎͗

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Crindee posted:

This is amazingly hilarious if you've been paying attention to the show. I recommend everyone in this thread having trouble comprehending this watch every single episode of Two and a Half Men. You'll find that moment ground-breaking if you do, trust me on this.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

So if people are skipping the money zone bits, you missed Travis saying "Worcestershire" and nearly killing his brother, which is still probably my favorite bit of recent memory.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

kuddles posted:

This is amazingly hilarious if you've been paying attention to the show. I recommend everyone in this thread having trouble comprehending this watch every single episode of Two and a Half Men. You'll find that moment ground-breaking if you do, trust me on this.

I can't tell if you're serious or just trying to get me to needlessly watch way too much Two and a Half Men.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Nah dude he's being serious.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I'm listening to back episodes of this show because it's goddamn great. I'm on episode 180: Candlenights IV. I haven't heard a bad episode yet.

I notice that "Steve" is their random guy name like every time. (This is just an observation, not a complaint)

The personal messages are still pretty lame. Hopefully they make a lot of money off of them because they're inscrutable.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

At a certain point Mike and Darlene become their go-to random person name. They go for Debra a lot too.

Go gently caress a dog, Steve!

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

myron cope posted:

The personal messages are still pretty lame. Hopefully they make a lot of money off of them because they're inscrutable.

Personals are $100 so I guess they make enough money to justify the awfulness :homebrew:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I enjoy Bryce and Dylan as their go-to child names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Travis343 posted:

At a certain point Mike and Darlene become their go-to random person name. They go for Debra a lot too.

Go gently caress a dog, Steve!

It seems to depend on which person starts the fiction. Travis always goes for Steve. Justin likes Mike and Darlene while accusing Debra.

• Locked thread