Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

How Rude posted:

Dyrus didn't do much this game, I think TSM would have gotten more mileage off a pick that would help keep Bjerg and Turtle safe rather than another immobile lategame carry, something like Lulu or Maokai to peel/prevent damage.

The Rumble pick sort of makes sense because when you have two really late scaling champs you don't want to be totally useless in the early/mid games, so his power spike lets you still be competitive in team fights around the time Corki is hitting his spike. If you had just a regular tank there you're going to get creamed from 16-30 minutes in every fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

How Rude posted:

Dyrus didn't do much this game, I think TSM would have gotten more mileage off a pick that would help keep Bjerg and Turtle safe rather than another immobile lategame carry, something like Lulu or Maokai to peel/prevent damage.

Yeah, if they were going full counter engage I would have gone Maokai. He throws on the ult and TL can't insta-burst them and they cleanup from there.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
also maokai can be played by saints cat so it also has that going for it.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

How Rude posted:

According to Dyrus's twitter he got pretty sick yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't think about how that could impact his ability to play.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
wow somehow dig got to pick renekton without getting a 1v2 in response

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Whoo go Dig!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
#freegleeb

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Massive tunneling onto janna

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Slaapaav posted:

wow somehow dig got to pick renekton without getting a 1v2 in response

I don't think Avalon can play in a 1v2, you can probably get away with picking against them and never seeing a lane swap.

Libertine posted:

#freegleeb

Keith hit a really good Rek'sai knockup in that fight.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
the wombo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Libertine posted:

#freegleeb
If I wanted to see someone with severe mental illness tilt the second he loses a game I'd watch caster minion stream.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Flameingblack posted:

If I wanted to see someone with severe mental illness tilt the second he loses a game I'd watch caster minion stream.

drat

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Flameingblack posted:

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Dig goes for contested 30min baron, and gets it without casualties? What the hell am I watching?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flameingblack posted:

:twisted:

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I'm bored now but I can't eat happy hour sushi for another half an hour. hosed up but I'm going to watch this dig game to conclusion.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

fuuuuuuuuuck hahahaha

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Against all odds Dig are starting to look more like a functional team

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Here's my prediction for the final season standings

1. TSM
2. C9
3. Every single other team tied for third

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Against all odds Dig are starting to look more like a functional team Shiphtur is participating in the game

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Yay Dig!

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
Well there goes the record of the guy who predicted all blue side wins today

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
kiwi is 1/1/19

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Someone gonna lose a ban for an unauthorized pause

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slaapaav posted:

kiwi is 1/1/19

kiwi is a lot better than people give him credit for tbh

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kiwi throwing down some loving truths

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
gently caress you kiwikid, go make a vlog

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Great interview going on right now

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KicksYouInHalf posted:

gently caress you kiwikid, go make a vlog

are you calling him fat

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alcatrash posted:

This is a great interview, A++ would watch again

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Alcatrash posted:

Kiwi is the best

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You heard it here first buds, Kiwi says Dig's gonna finish Top 5

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

He is making the most of this interview, because he will never be back on the desk again.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
We're at the part of the split where I'm lulled into the illusion that Kiwikid is an effective support player. When he said he and Core were one of the best bot lanes in NA, at first I was like "no loving way" but then I was slowly seduced into the idea by Kiwi's dulcet tones and the complete crapshoot that a lot of the other pairings are.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Kiwi is a man willing to never use toilet paper if it means winning.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

I never realize how boned certain teams are before we get to hear inside stuff like this. I didn't think Elements was having such a bad time internally until Wickd said they had watched less than 5 replays this season. I wonder if they'll bounce back before the end of the split. The auto-relegation spot is probably going to Coast either way.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Libertine posted:

We're at the part of the split where I'm lulled into the illusion that Kiwikid is an effective support player. When he said he and Core were one of the best bot lanes in NA, at first I was like "no loving way" but then I was slowly seduced into the idea by Kiwi's dulcet tones and the complete crapshoot that a lot of the other pairings are.

As painful as this is going to be, but you should watch some VoD's of Dig games for the first 20 minutes to see that he's probably right. Kiwi/CoreJJ pretty much win their lane as the only constant in Dig games while everything else falls apart, there is some truth there that they could be top 3 in only the bot lane. (It's their shot calling, vision, and team fighting that screws them most of the time :v: )

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The unchecked KiWikid aggression sometimes pays off. I doubt there's a single support half as aggressive as him in the entire NA or EU LCS right now.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Yeah, if they were going full counter engage I would have gone Maokai. He throws on the ult and TL can't insta-burst them and they cleanup from there.

Late but Maokai was TL's last ban afaik so they just shuffled him onto Rumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Omnikin posted:

Late but Maokai was TL's last ban afaik so they just shuffled him onto Rumble

Ah, fair enough, Lulu might have worked to with shields and heals in a full on "Protect the carries" comp then.

• Locked thread