Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

This Amazon reseller has a bunch of NA-region Yoshi's New Island codes for $17.95 each (plus postage, because just emailing you the code would make too much sense). 9 left!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QSK6U2S/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1P0B4PMSM3KYH&coliid=I2MLVGR7OQ4VR4

From anyone who has played this, is it worth the $18? I've heard bad things about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Fremry posted:

From anyone who has played this, is it worth the $18? I've heard bad things about it.

It's not worth if if they paid you $18.

I went through the first three samey worlds and was bored to tears before selling it.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Phantasium posted:

It's not worth if if they paid you $18.

I went through the first three samey worlds and was bored to tears before selling it.

Thanks. I'll just save the money and pick up A Link Between Worlds.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fremry posted:

Thanks. I'll just save the money and pick up A Link Between Worlds.

The right call :thumbsup:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

I've been putting it off for a while, but I need 5 club nintendo points to get one last game, so I'm just gonna bite the bullet and pick it up on my way home from work.

Edit: Plus, I haven't really played a 3DS game since Kirby Super Star (I played a couple DS games since, but no 3DS games), and it's time for me to get back in.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Can anyone be a pal and tell me which Club Nintendo game rewards are exclusive to the Club? I already got Doc Louis' Punch-Out and I don't want to spend coins on anything I could otherwise purchase.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lurdiak posted:

Can anyone be a pal and tell me which Club Nintendo game rewards are exclusive to the Club? I already got Doc Louis' Punch-Out and I don't want to spend coins on anything I could otherwise purchase.

Grill off with Ultra Hand.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's it? Haha.

I wish I could find my copy of Mario and Luigi: Luigi Sleeps a Lot to register it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Lurdiak posted:

What exactly is this game? I quite enjoyed Wii Punch Out!, but this game doesn't seem to have much content. I understand wanting to buy with silly money games that can't be bough with real money, but there doesn't seem to be much to this demo/expansion/spin-off or whatever it is.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

What exactly is this game? I quite enjoyed Wii Punch Out!, but this game doesn't seem to have much content. I understand wanting to buy with silly money games that can't be bough with real money, but there doesn't seem to be much to this demo/expansion/spin-off or whatever it is.
Its a promo where you fight Doc Louis.

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

JustJeff88 posted:

I think it's standalone software that is just one Punch Out fight with Doc Louis. So not a full game, but that fight isn't in the actual release.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's more or less a one-fighter DLC, except it's free and not linked to the original game. I really love Punch-out!! Wii so it's a sweet deal as far as I'm concerned. Doc Louis has 3 separate fights in it.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So I've got about 70 coins left before hitting platinum, which means 2 good 3DS/WiiU games that I haven't bought yet are out there on the eShop waiting for me to purchase them. Can anyone suggest relatively non-hits that are actually worth owning? I ask because with Nintendo I pretty much always get the must-haves but can easily accidentally pass up the unknown (yet still exclusive to Nintendo consoles) gold nuggets out there.

Edit: Scratch that, just 1 game. I forgot to pick up Kirby Triple Deluxe.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 21, 2015

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Go buy the 99 cent games that are eligible for coins. They'll give you 15 coins each.
Skypeace and Bird Mania Christmas for 3DS will put you over the top.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Don't buy a physical game. I just bought a brand new copy of A Link Between Worlds, and I took Nintendo's "games released after (such date) will not be eligible for Club Nintendo coins" to mean "games released prior to that date will be eligible for coins". What they meant was "any game printed after (such date) will not be eligible for club Nintendo coins." It makes sense, but I thought I'd get coins for buying A Link Between Worlds physical copy.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Something I missed from this week's JP eShop update:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/wauj/index.html

Yakuman Phoenix, a new entry in Nintendo's long-running mahjong series, for both Wii U and 3DS. The initial download is free and has some daily play restrictions, but you can buy a 1000yen, 180-day pass that gives you unrestricted play and access to more of the online features. Online play is cross-platform, and if your NNID is linked to both systems you'll be able to share your premium license and other data across both devices.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Fremry posted:

Don't buy a physical game. I just bought a brand new copy of A Link Between Worlds, and I took Nintendo's "games released after (such date) will not be eligible for Club Nintendo coins" to mean "games released prior to that date will be eligible for coins". What they meant was "any game printed after (such date) will not be eligible for club Nintendo coins." It makes sense, but I thought I'd get coins for buying A Link Between Worlds physical copy.
At minimum it would cost me 2.50 just to get to my nearest game store so paying 2.00 for two games that'd get me what I need is automatically a smarter choice anyway.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Hi thread. I have 300 coins to spend (I only own a 3ds) and I'm thinking about one of these downloadable titles: Sakura Samurai, Harmo Knight, or Fluidity. Are they worth it? How about Dillon's Rolling Western? It's hard for me to decide if I should get one of these or if I should just get two classic GB games for 150 each.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gameko posted:

Hi thread. I have 300 coins to spend (I only own a 3ds) and I'm thinking about one of these downloadable titles: Sakura Samurai, Harmo Knight, or Fluidity. Are they worth it? How about Dillon's Rolling Western? It's hard for me to decide if I should get one of these or if I should just get two classic GB games for 150 each.
Sakura Samurai is v lightweight but it's drat good fun for an afternoon

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

From what research I've done Sakura Samurai seems like the clear winner even though it's short and, indeed, at 200 coins it will leave me with an odd remainder.

Oh well. Leave it to people on the internet to find reason to complain about free stuff.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Super Mario Land 2 : 6 Golden Coins and TLoZ Link's Awakening are both awesome

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, definite truth to this statement. I bought it on Friday afternoon, and I just finished it now. 18 hours of game time in roughly 48 hours of owning it. I haven't done that in years.

This also makes it the second Zelda game that I've actually ever finished. The first was Wind Waker HD.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Gameko posted:

Harmoknight starts out cute but the deeper you get into you the more and more you realize it really does not hold up as a good rhythm game.

If you're a very causal rhythm game player then sure it's fine. If you're like me though and you devour rhythm games then it's a pretty regrettable purchase.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Odd question (though it probably gets asked a lot around here): Just bought a New 3DS XL and dropped 40 bucks on Monster Hunter 4 U... but since I had to put in 50, I have $7.50 left over. Got any cheapo recommendations to throw my way? It's not like I can spend the money on anything else now. :v:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CJacobs posted:

Odd question (though it probably gets asked a lot around here): Just bought a New 3DS XL and dropped 40 bucks on Monster Hunter 4 U... but since I had to put in 50, I have $7.50 left over. Got any cheapo recommendations to throw my way? It's not like I can spend the money on anything else now. :v:

You mean you bought MH4U off the Eshop? Couldn't you just add whatever the price of the game was as funds? I just bought Bravely Default and added $39.99.

As for your suggestion, spend another $7.50 and get Shovel Knight.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It might have given me the option to do that but I was brand new to the software and probably read over it! I am weak! Unfortunately I already own Shovel Knight on PC and though I love it dearly I don't really want to buy it again.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CJacobs posted:

It might have given me the option to do that but I was brand new to the software and probably read over it! I am weak! Unfortunately I already own Shovel Knight on PC and though I love it dearly I don't really want to buy it again.

Download Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. There is a free demo that gives you part of the first set of mini games. All the rest of the stuff is DLC that you haggle over to get a better price (in real money). The 3d works REALLY well and it's a lot of fun that you can drop a couple bucks on to check out and not feel ripped off if it turns out not to be your thing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

CJacobs posted:

If you like puzzle games then Pushmo is a great buy

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of February 26):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    SDK Paint - €4.49 / £3.99
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors Boss Pack - €2.99 / £2.69
  • Boss Challenge
  • Ganon's Fury
  • Costumes for Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Cia and Lana
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Cybernator (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Pac-Attack (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.99 until February 26
    Knytt Underground (Wii U eShop) - €3.99/ £3.99 until February 26
    Batman Arham City: Armoured Edition (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Batman Arham Origins (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Batman Arham Origins Blackgate HD (Wii U eShop) - €14.99 / £10.99 until March 4
    Game Party Champions (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Injustice: Gods Among Us (Wii U) - €29.99 / £19.99 until March 4
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Wii U) - €29.99 / £19.99 until March 4
    Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii U) - €29.99 / £19.99 until March 4
    Lego Batman 3; Beyond Gotham (Wii U) - €44.99 / £34.99 until March 4
    Lego The Hobbit (Wii U) - €29.99 / £19.99 until March 4
    Angry Birds Star Wars (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until March 5
    Angry Birds Trilogy (Wii U) - €19.99 / £14.99 until March 5
    Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge (Wii U) - €24.99 / £24.99 until March 5
    The Amazing Spiderman 2 (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until March 5
    The Amazing Spiderman (Wii U) - €24.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    The Lego Movie Videogame (Wii U) - €29.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Transformers Prime; The Game (Wii U) - €24.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until March 5
    Spy Chameleon (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until March 5
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 from until March 12
    Rock Zombie (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 from February 26-March 26/i]

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Hello Kitty & Sanrio Friends 3D Racing - €39.99 / £29.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Mes Comptines - €4.99 / £4.49
    Zombie Incident - €1.99 / £1.99
    Best of Arcade Games - Tetraminos - €9.99 / £8.99
    Titan Attacks! - €9.99 / £7.99
    VAN HELSING SNIPER ZX100 - €2.99 / £2.69 (permanent price reduction)
3DS MENU THEMES (February 27)
    Craft Paper Kirby - €1.99 / £1.79
    Kirby Sweet Gourmet Race - €1.99 / £1.79
    Smiling Kirby - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Sweet Memories Blackjack (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until February 26
    Brunch Panic (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until February 26
    Snow Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until February 26
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £13.49 until March 4
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €12.99 / £11.69 until March 4
    Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate (3DS) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver (3DS) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Lego Marvel Superheroes: Universe in Peril (3DS) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (3DS) - €34.99 / £24.99 until March 4
    Lego Legends of Chima; Laval's Journey (3DS) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Lego Ninjago: Nindroids (3DS) - €29.99 / £19.99 until March 4
    Lego The Hobbit (3DS) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    The Lego Movie Videogame (3DS) - €19.99 / £15.99 until March 4
    Angry Birds Star Wars (3DS) - €25.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Angry Birds Trilogy (3DS) - €25.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Moshi Monsters Moshlings Theme Park (3DS) - €19.99 / £12.99 until March 5
    Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge (3DS) - €25.99 / £24.99 until March 5
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze (3DS) - €25.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Amazing Spiderman (3DS) - €25.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Amazing Spiderman 2 (3DS) - €25.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Transformers Prime: The Game (3DS) - €25.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (3DS) - €25.99 / £19.99 until March 5
    Beyblade Evolution -
    €7.99 / £7.99 from February 26-March 5[/i]
    BIT.TRIP SAGA (3DS) - [/i]€4.99 / £4.49 from February 26-March 5[/i]
    Girl's Fashion Shoot (3DS) - [/i]€4.99 / £4.49 from February 26-March 5[/i]
    Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (3DS) - [/i]€11.99 / £11.99 from February 26-March 5[/i]
    Virtue's Last Reward (3DS) - [/i]€9.99 / £7.99 from February 26-March 5[/i]
    Super Black Bass 3D (3DS) - [/i]€4.99 / £4.49 from February 26-March 5[/i]
    Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (3DS) - [/i]€9.99 / £8.99 from February 26-March 5[/i]
    Hometown Story (3DS) - [/i]€14.99 / £14.99 from February 26-March 5[/i]
    Toys vs. Monsters (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.99 until March 12

(not listed: tons of shovelware sales)

Cybernator! Buy that good game.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

CJacobs posted:

In the screen with where you choose how much money to add, at the bottom there's a button that says "Add needed funds". Also you can just sit on your leftover credit and use that button on your next big game purchase.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh drat Cybernator, I was hoping for Aria of Sorrow but that will do.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Is the Boss Pack covered in the Hyrule Warriors Season Pass?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

PoshAlligator posted:

Is the Boss Pack covered in the Hyrule Warriors Season Pass?

Yes.

Mortley
Jan 18, 2005

aux tep unt rep uni ovi
I've got a 3DS and a 3DSXL, and I'm wondering if there are eShop games for local, simultaneous multiplayer for two relatively casual gamers. My girlfriend thinks that New Super Mario Bros U is too hard to control, so I'm not sure if there's an old school SMB to try?

I have Four Swords on the 3DS, but it won't work to play both digital copes if I do a system transfer to the XL, right? And that game isn't available to purchase anymore/ever?

I'm confused in general: is there any VC simultaneous multiplayer with 2 consoles? I read something about original Nintendo games working that way, I thought?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mortley posted:

I've got a 3DS and a 3DSXL, and I'm wondering if there are eShop games for local, simultaneous multiplayer for two relatively casual gamers. My girlfriend thinks that New Super Mario Bros U is too hard to control, so I'm not sure if there's an old school SMB to try?

I have Four Swords on the 3DS, but it won't work to play both digital copes if I do a system transfer to the XL, right? And that game isn't available to purchase anymore/ever?

I'm confused in general: is there any VC simultaneous multiplayer with 2 consoles? I read something about original Nintendo games working that way, I thought?

This is correct. I have Super Mario Bros. 3 and River City Ransom and I can do multiplayer with my wife and you only need one person to have a copy of the game(s)!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

The Orange Mage posted:

This is correct. I have Super Mario Bros. 3 and River City Ransom and I can do multiplayer with my wife and you only need one person to have a copy of the game(s)!

That is really great to hear, though I only have the one 3DSXL. River City Ransom is still fun (the GBA port is even better) and even moreso when played with a mate (in either the platonic or romantic sense).

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Is Kersploosh any good? I'm trying to decide what to spend my last 170 coins on, and have to pick between Kersploosh, Game Boy Baseball, Game Boy Golf, Radar Mission, and Game Boy Tennis.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If you like puzzle games then Pushmo is a great buy

Just an update, I really like casual-style puzzle games and Pushmo looked good (although I've heard that the bigger brother, Pushmo World, gets batshit hard) so I bought it on the spot. Thanks for the suggestions chaps :)

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

Somewhere along the line Jill lost a chromosome.

But she kept dat ass.
Does any one know the differences of the Eshop and the disc version of Metroid Prime Trilogy are? I heard that load times and the graphics are better. Also can I use a pro controller and not the wiimote to play. I assume my wii save won't work on this version either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Toxsyl posted:

Does any one know the differences of the Eshop and the disc version of Metroid Prime Trilogy are? I heard that load times and the graphics are better. Also can I use a pro controller and not the wiimote to play. I assume my wii save won't work on this version either.

Load times are the only difference they didn't change any graphics no you can't use a pro controller and wii saves from the disc version will carry over.