Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think they make purely comic book figures. A licensing thing, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Rhyno posted:

Supposedly it's in the Previews catalog hitting this week. And I mispoke before, BBTS has it for $400, the price that was quoted for retail is $500.

It ain't in the March Previews and BBTS is absolutely stabbing in the dark with their second quarter expected release. BBTS will list virtually anything shown at Toy Fair with a total guess as to pricing/release - they did the same thing with the Harley Quinn Animated figure last year.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I think it's the same helmet from years ago. I remember the guy who made it was all happy it was finally being produced and then everything kinda went pfft and it never came out.

Anyone want a metal thor hammer in 1/6 scale? Thinking of buying one I found online but there's a minimum order requirement and I don't need 4 of the damned things.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Anyone here planning on getting the new ML Spider-Man wave Daredevil and don't care about the Hobgoblin BAF piece? I'd be happy to take it off your hands. Daredevil is the only figure in the wave I don't care about, but having a complete Hobgoblin sounds pretty cool. :kiddo:

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Pictures of the upcoming Misty Knight and White Tiger figures. I haven't bothered looking for pictures of the rest of the line (got linked to these two earlier) but these look pretty solid, as per. I'm loving Misty's hair.

You're killing me, this is killing me. The Hulkbuster and these might finally make me get into Legends.

That and they're finally stocking them at work for like, $11? Everywhere else it's 13 and up.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Xenomrph posted:

Anyone here planning on getting the new ML Spider-Man wave Daredevil and don't care about the Hobgoblin BAF piece? I'd be happy to take it off your hands. Daredevil is the only figure in the wave I don't care about, but having a complete Hobgoblin sounds pretty cool. :kiddo:

I do want Daredevil and do not care about Hobgoblin, so as soon as I find him, it's yours.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fishylungs posted:

You're killing me, this is killing me. The Hulkbuster and these might finally make me get into Legends.

That and they're finally stocking them at work for like, $11? Everywhere else it's 13 and up.

Where are you finding these for $11?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
OK, so who buys this loving stuff?

They must sell a ton because I've seen at least four companies in Toy Fair recaps selling some sort of Mego ripoff and/or ReAction ripoff. They look godawful and there's a ton of them. Figures sucked back then because they had to! They don't have to be garbage now!!

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Probably the same people who buy the Funko Pop Vinyl trash

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would've bought their replica1979 18" Alien, but they hosed it up by making it 30 inches and pricing it to well over 300 bucks.

I actually found a real one for half of that. (Out of the box, sure, but still). Bah.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I buy the horror movie mego style figures. Same with the reaction figures because my favorite figures I have are my remco monster figures. I don't know... I guess everything doesn't have to be lifelike with 25 points of articulation for me to enjoy a character or series I like.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No shields, 1/10 would not buy.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Nut Bunnies posted:

They must sell a ton because I've seen at least four companies in Toy Fair recaps selling some sort of Mego ripoff and/or ReAction ripoff. They look godawful and there's a ton of them. Figures sucked back then because they had to! They don't have to be garbage now!!

The point is they are sized up replicas of the old Super Powers toy line. Just like the Star Wars and GI Joe ones they do as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

therealjon_ posted:

The point is they are sized up replicas of the old Super Powers toy line. Just like the Star Wars and GI Joe ones they do as well.

Nostalgia is stupid.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Nostalgia is stupid.

But makes a lot of money.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

therealjon_ posted:

But makes a lot of money.

Money is stupid!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Oh you!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fishylungs posted:

Unless you live in the past, these are the 6" Marvel Legends line which retail at $20, you may be thinking of the 3.75" line.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Nut Bunnies posted:

This just makes me want a Wolverine: The Animated Series in the style of BTAS... imagine the dopeness.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Chill Penguin posted:

This just makes me want a Wolverine: The Animated Series in the style of BTAS... imagine the dopeness.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

With Marvel Legends going hog wild on Spider-man stuff, I really hope we finally get a Spider-Carnage figure. I'm super stoked that we finally got a good Spider-Girl figure, and I'm really looking forward to the Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) figure.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not really comic related, but I was thinking of grabbing that Rodin statue figure from Figma, but the only place I can find it for pre order is hobbylink.

I've never ordered from there.

Good, bad? Any other places to order that I might not know about?

Just looking for some advice before I start lobbing cash and hope out into the ether.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I've ordered a ton of poo poo from HobbyLink Japan and never had a problem. They're my go-to place for recently released Japanese toys

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

HLJ is fantastic!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
AmiAmi's usually great too (and arguably better for pre-orders), but are a bit more iffy when it comes to things like shipping estimates. And then there's Hobbysearch, which is... yeah.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

404GoonNotFound posted:

AmiAmi's usually great too (and arguably better for pre-orders), but are a bit more iffy when it comes to things like shipping estimates. And then there's Hobbysearch, which is... yeah.

AmiAmi opens preorders a bit earlier, but they also sell out a bit earlier, usually. Plus they don't have the private warehouse system and they're way less cool about canceling orders.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Notably though they are typically a bit cheaper than the rest of the sites, shipping is a bit bad though because they use lots of paper so it sort of evens out.

So its a bit of a toss up between "Do you want this item for cheaper but with slightly more expensive shipping?" or "Do you want confidence that you can back out of your order if you decide you don't want the item/are short on money?"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Turned out to be a moot point. Amiami had it set for japan only, and hobbylink didn't, so I opted for hobbylink.

Only downside is I have no idea what shipping is going to be.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Turned out to be a moot point. Amiami had it set for japan only, and hobbylink didn't, so I opted for hobbylink.

Only downside is I have no idea what shipping is going to be.

You mean it said "For sale in Japan only"?

Yeah, unless the item is on the JP site but not the International one you can ignore that.

As for shipping, what did you select for it?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, on the amiami site it was under the notes, guessing it's the international site since it was in english.

I opted for "hit me up with the payment when it's due" option, and just selected EMS. I've had some stuff ship from overseas so I am ballparking about 30-50$ in my head but I'm hoping it's less.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Nah, on the amiami site it was under the notes, guessing it's the international site since it was in english.

I opted for "hit me up with the payment when it's due" option, and just selected EMS. I've had some stuff ship from overseas so I am ballparking about 30-50$ in my head but I'm hoping it's less.

30 to 50 dollars shipping for one Figma by EMS? Jesus Christ dude, where have you been buying your poo poo? Like, 15 bucks, max

edit: Do you live in like, Greenland?

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 26, 2015

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Yeah that's what I meant, I've ordered poo poo with them with that "disclaimer" many times.

Anyway, yeah $30 for shipping alone? Not unless you're buying something massive.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Should only be about 18 bucks for ems to the us.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I always ballpark really high. That way when the price comes in I'm not sitting there going OH poo poo OH GOD I DIDN'T KNOW *scrambles for cash*

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I always ballpark really high. That way when the price comes in I'm not sitting there going OH poo poo OH GOD I DIDN'T KNOW *scrambles for cash*

If you set it to go to your private warehouse instead of shipping as soon as it gets in, you only pay the cost of the item when it arrives, and they tell you how much shipping will be. From then you have two months before you have to ship it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
With the port strike over, stuff is starting to come in from Sideshow. I should have the Cap 2-pack and Starlord in the next couple weeks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bought a cabinet organizer from Amazon and it ended up fitting my Detolf perfectly. Just testing things out to see how well things will look.

I might tape off the rubber and paint them black.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

That looks really good. What is it called and how much did it cost you?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

With the port strike over, stuff is starting to come in from Sideshow. I should have the Cap 2-pack and Starlord in the next couple weeks.

Oh wow, that's fantastic. I need 12" of Anthony Mackie. :pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

That looks really good. What is it called and how much did it cost you?

Bought them here

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036OQU56/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

K-Mart has a very similar product in store for $6 this week if you still have K-Mart nearby.