Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Episode 135 - "Wide"

Video: http://download.harmontown.com/video/harmontown-2015-02-15-final.mp4
Audio: http://static-50-12.castmate.fm.cfv.net/h/a/r/harmontownpodcast/HARMONTOWN%20135%20MAIN.mp3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
That last 45 minutes or whatever of the podcast was the loving greatest. The time song was unbelievable, nailed all the changes. And when that silly funky song happened at the end of the serious music when Harmon perfectly rapped it up. Goddamn.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"Worm to your mother." It was right there.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Wank posted:

That last 45 minutes or whatever of the podcast was the loving greatest. The time song was unbelievable, nailed all the changes. And when that silly funky song happened at the end of the serious music when Harmon perfectly rapped it up. Goddamn.

I was shaving while listening to the last 45 minutes, and I almost cut my face open laughing at MC John and his feelings about the government.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yeah that was probably among my top three episodes, and it didn't even have Spencer. This bit would probably get old fast, but it was a great reminder that Dan Harmon is still an amazingly sharp and funny dude when he's not being his own worst enemy.

Also brave. I bet he looked like a crazy shirtless hobo.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

This episode started out super poo poo and ended super strong

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Yeah that was probably among my top three episodes, and it didn't even have Spencer. This bit would probably get old fast, but it was a great reminder that Dan Harmon is still an amazingly sharp and funny dude when he's not being his own worst enemy.

Also brave. I bet he looked like a crazy shirtless hobo.

Thats what keeps me coming back to Harmontown, dude is legit talented. His comedy instincts and ability to get at the right tone or whatever is probably the best in the world. I watched some of the video that got posted and seeing the crazy shirtless hobo doing all of that turned it from comedy to surreality.

Demorge needs to step up.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Wank posted:

Thats what keeps me coming back to Harmontown, dude is legit talented. His comedy instincts and ability to get at the right tone or whatever is probably the best in the world. I watched some of the video that got posted and seeing the crazy shirtless hobo doing all of that turned it from comedy to surreality.

Demorge needs to step up.

Demorge was too busy laughing his rear end off.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

The Action Man posted:

I was shaving while listening to the last 45 minutes, and I almost cut my face open laughing at MC John and his feelings about the government.
"Aughh god, arrrgh..wait, how did you get out?"

- "I just walked out, John was sitting on the couch ranting about the goverment or something"

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Worm space opera was basically the best thing.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Solid episode for a change. DeMorge is still useless, but there were no dumb politics and no Spencer, so I'm happy.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Who is DeMorge anyway? Minor actor? They had brought him up sparsely before, but in this new Shadowrun era he was brought up with little explanation or introduction and now here's just there, being mostly silent.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Half of Dracula posted:

Who is DeMorge anyway?
The dude who always manages to walk into the scene as Dan's dropping an N-Bomb during freestyle raps at parties.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is DeMorge the one doing the Werner Herzog impression during Shadowrun? I like that dude.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

So tonight Dino spilled the beans about the 'Mr. Show' reunion stuff going around. Apparently Bob and David are making a new sketch show and it may be eventually airing on Netflix.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Looking for to watching a bunch of out-of-touch millionaires try to be funny on Sr. Show.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Irish Joe posted:

Looking for to watching a bunch of out-of-touch millionaires try to be funny on Sr. Show.

Whoaaaaa :wth:. What an outrageous opinion. Why ... I'm just so angry I can hardly think!

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Irish Joe posted:

Yeah! gently caress those uppity millionaires like John Ennis, Paul F. Tompkins and Jay Johnston and their millions of dollars!

MILLIONAIRES! :argh:

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Yes, truly the worst thing about society is all those ridiculous actor millionaires, not the billionaire assholes who undercut their employees' salaries just to pad their pockets with the equivalent of pocket change, use their influence to elect syncophants who keep them comfortable and paying virtually nothing in taxes, and ruin economies on a whim.

No, no, it's the actor millionaires.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

The noose tightens.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

Hahaha I saw this post and was like "god drat what an idiot, like odenkirk or cross are millionares", then I noticed it's irish joe.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
My ignore button is useless if you guys are just going to keep quoting that idiot

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

My ignore button is useless if you guys are just going to keep quoting that idiot
To ignore is to dishonor yourself.

The honorable thing to do is run them out of the thread so that they never post.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Sure, I mean we tried that with terrorism and it worked out great

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Sure, I mean we tried that with terrorism and it worked out great

False equivocation: Irish Joe is much worse than terrorism.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
maybe its just me but for me i'm excited about my favorite sketch show getting back together to bring me more laffs

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

maybe its just me but for me i'm excited about my favorite sketch show getting back together to bring me more laffs

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.

KoRMaK posted:

Hahaha I saw this post and was like "god drat what an idiot, like odenkirk or cross are millionares", then I noticed it's irish joe.

There is no way Odenkirk and Cross are not millionaires (It isn't that hard to be a millionaire) if you are a working actor. For example Cross got $125,000 for starting in an Arrested Development episode.

Foma fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 24, 2015

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Foma posted:

There is no way Odenkirk and Cross are not millionaires (It isn't that hard to be a millionaire) if you are a working actor. For example Cross got $125,000 for starting in an Arrested Development episode.

Where did you read that? I find it hard to believe that he got paid that much per ep on a low-rated show where he was part of an ensemble with 10 other people.

For example, 2 of the main nerds on The Big Bang Theory didn't start making 6 figures/ep until like Season 5.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

To be fair the rigors of multicam work is much, much less than in single cam, where if you're a bit player in an episode you'll have maybe two total minutes of screen time in one scene in Ike episode meaning you'll be on set for maybe a half day at most and filming for maybe a couple of hours if that

In comparison singlecam shoots even for bit players can run into the dozen hours plus on a shoot day

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Is dino a FYAD poster?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
if any mr. show cast members are currently cackling and throwing their arms in the air while sitting on a huge pile of money it's jay johnston and pft, those guys make all the big bucks

but for realsies, there's no way tom kenny isn't filthy rich after voicing loving spongebob for 16 years

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 24, 2015

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Regarding all this millionaire talk.... https://soundcloud.com/markazali/steve-langford-who-gives-a-1

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

How much you think Steve Langford is worth these days? You think he's still got some of that Hard Copy money?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I need all of you to post your current net worth so I can correctly value your posts. Obviously Irish Joe must be an extremely out of touch billionaire.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I'm EP and show runner on a basic cable comedy series I helped cocreate, but I supplement my income by collecting bottles and cans on the roadside. So, yeah, I guess you could say I'm doing pretty good for myself.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
There seems to be some awkward animosity between Erin and the girl they brought up on this week's episode. Still on the Shadowrun segment.

Dino continues to be terrible.

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011

qbert posted:

There seems to be some awkward animosity between Erin and the girl they brought up on this week's episode. Still on the Shadowrun segment.

Dino continues to be terrible.

Dino is consistently the worst guest that they ever have on the show. The second girl, meg, was pretty loving terrible too. Why can't random crowed members just realize that they aren't funny?

Mark David Chapman fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Feb 25, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Mark David Chapman posted:

Dino is consistently the worst guest that they ever have on the show. The second girl, meg, was pretty loving terrible too. Why can't random crowed members just realize that they aren't funny?

Because then they'd have to give up their dream of being professional comedy writers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Zsinjeh posted:

I need all of you to post your current net worth so I can correctly value your posts. Obviously Irish Joe must be an extremely out of touch billionaire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU4VRs2rro