Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

poo poo man, if you're handing them out, I'll take some 1:24 ones.

gently caress yeah, I'll take some too if you're doing em. Purple and green or glow in the dark would be tits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Shoot me a pm or email with colors and scale and address, and I'll get them printing :kimchi:

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

freelop posted:

We are in the process of getting this. It is installed but I haven't used it yet.

Wait, they are deploying svn in 2015? The only time I have dealt with that pos in the past is when it was legacy poo poo that everyone was too scared to get rid of. All revision control sucks, but at least git is the least painful one that I have found. Just be happy you don't have to work with perforce, that poo poo is terrible.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Geirskogul posted:

Shoot me a pm or email with colors and scale and address, and I'll get them printing :kimchi:

What's your email address?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Geirskogul posted:

PM sent :dance:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Fo3 posted:

Burger chat: there's literally no way possible you can't make a burger yourself that's not better (or more indulgent if you want an heart attack), than anything you can possible buy. Cheaply. Or even better grill some marinated or jaccarded cheap steak and butterfly it.
Seriously, burger joints work with the cheapest produce no matter what you're paying for it. Easiest food to beat.

It's like comparing prices of stuff to DIY car work, to 200% markup on parts plus labour that dealers/shops charge to put into terms AI might understand.
The burger joints probably don't use the best meat, sometimes they use filler, they aren't going to roast and ingredients for salad or add ons, or use the best toppings or salad in general, or use steak, or the best cheese, or onions, or sauce. I just can't see how someone gives a crap about which chain has the best burger quality.
If you're drunk, who cares, buy the cheapest kebab/gyros/shawarma and forget burgers anyway. If your'e sober, DIY a burger.

In my opinion burger joint burgers are one of the things I can't really match properly. I'll often go to an Italian place and think "I could make this pasta dish better than they did"; back in December I had some amazing orange chicken at a chinese place in Redding, so I came home and replicated the recipe, I'd put it up against the original.

But when you consider a place like Five Guys or In-N-Out, I can't compete. They have that poo poo down to a science, because they make basically one burger (with slight tweaks) every day over and over. They have custom buns and patties made to specification and delivered daily. And, unlike me, they always have fresh lettuce and tomatoes and onions and mushrooms and such on-hand... I swear mushrooms are right up there with bananas for going from "looks good" to "eeuuugh" overnight.

I can make a decent burger, but I've never matched a Five Guys burger. Maybe I should try... I've done a lot of Chinese style lately, maybe it's time to focus in on a simple American standard and try to perfect my burger game. Only challenge is that my wife, being Hindu, doesn't each much beef, but that just means I need to cook something else for her.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
The meat at burger joints tends to be lacking, but there are a lot of things I have tried to beat and can't (e.g. Big Mac sauce, although Thousand Island has long been a favorite condiment of mine for burgers anyway.)

Though then they go and ruin them with soggy, disgusting tomatoes and other poo poo. Seriously, the crap tomatoes that most fast food places have turned me off tomatoes period.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Protocol7 posted:

The meat at burger joints tends to be lacking, but there are a lot of things I have tried to beat and can't (e.g. Big Mac sauce, although Thousand Island has long been a favorite condiment of mine for burgers anyway.)

Though then they go and ruin them with soggy, disgusting tomatoes and other poo poo. Seriously, the crap tomatoes that most fast food places have turned me off tomatoes period.

Well yeah I always order no tomatoes, that poo poo ruins your burger 90% of the time. I've enjoyed a tomato on an In-N-Out once, but otherwise I just order it without.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Protocol7 posted:

The meat at burger joints tends to be lacking,

Eh, some yes. I also cringe though when folks go out and buy expensive 96% fat free beef and make burgers with it. You want that fat, the fat is the flavor. Gimme cheap 80/20 any day. Although I prefer to grind my own when I have time.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I can't eat hamburgers anymore, it taste...dull. Its just me.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I have a huge soft spot for Red Robin's burgers. Especially the one with horseradish-sauteed mushrooms... mmmm...

Except on the other hand, I don't think I'd enjoy a massive heart attack, so I only eat there sparingly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CornHolio posted:

I have a huge soft spot for Red Robin's burgers. Especially the one with horseradish-sauteed mushrooms... mmmm...

Except on the other hand, I don't think I'd enjoy a massive heart attack, so I only eat there sparingly.

The one with the egg on it is holy shitballs amazing.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

The one with the egg on it is holy shitballs amazing.

You can tell them to put an egg on any of them for a slight increase of cost. :)

Something about putting an egg and bacon on top of the chili burger just sounds so right.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Pham Nuwen posted:

They have that poo poo down to a science, because they make basically one burger (with slight tweaks) every day over and over.
Yeah, they do have it down to a science, but their science is often in the penny pinching department to maximize profits. If time isn't an issue, or profits, anyone could do it.

but you win, I'm about to die. I'm having a dinner of crackers with tomato and cheese and decided to dig out some old dried chillies I have.
I never got into the latest ridiculous carolina reaper or the one before that because those guys were arseholes and tore the chilli growing community apart - one of the reasons why I dropped out of that community and chilli growing in general.
But drat I have some bhut jolokias and yellow 7 pots sitting in my fridge so I just pounded up 5x yellow 7 pots into flakes to sprinkle on tomato and now I'm dying. Haven;t had anything hotter than a jalapeno for a year and yellow 7 pots are about 7-800,000SHU. So I'm going to shut up now and wish I had something to drink.
Hopefully it helps whatever flu I loving have that has trashed me for 5 days,
E: so long tongue, I knew ye well...
my gut is starting to hurt, superhots always do that to me.
e2; I'll be dead tomorrow because what goes in this hot causes me massive exit pain. I Forgot for some dumb reason (maybe because of flu, infection or antideprressants that don't work anymore), I already started to tear myself a large arsehole in the past couple of days and nearly died doing it. Sorry, I don't have a smartphone or ipad so if I die on the dunny this is the last you'll ever hear of me. I get the feeling that even if I survive, I wish I was dead.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 23, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

What's your email address?

Klintor@gmail

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

trouser chili posted:

Eh, some yes. I also cringe though when folks go out and buy expensive 96% fat free beef and make burgers with it. You want that fat, the fat is the flavor. Gimme cheap 80/20 any day. Although I prefer to grind my own when I have time.

Yeah, fat free beef is for times when I'm lazy and just dumping taco seasoning onto it or something.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Negromancer posted:

Wait, they are deploying svn in 2015? The only time I have dealt with that pos in the past is when it was legacy poo poo that everyone was too scared to get rid of. All revision control sucks, but at least git is the least painful one that I have found. Just be happy you don't have to work with perforce, that poo poo is terrible.

Two words.

Visual SourceSafe.

(one of the few things I'll take svn or even cvs or sccs over. At least they're stable, don't put your code in some ridiculous proprietary "database" format and then randomly fall over and vomit garbage everywhere.)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNF5sic8WHo

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Hey everybody! Long time no chat, Is there a gently caress 2015 yet? If not, gently caress 2015! This month has sucked poo poo, so far the tally is my wife's grandpa in the ER for MRSA pneumonia (still in), my father in law with a heart attack (getting out this morning and probably going back in 2 weeks from now because he's a dipshit) and my grandma with possible cancerous growths on her pancreas, been a great month! But hey, at least I can finally check back in and see what I've been missing out on and get some well needed comedic relief.

Stuff like this, is why I love this forum. Thanks Geirskogul.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

keykey posted:

Hey everybody! Long time no chat, Is there a gently caress 2015 yet? If not, gently caress 2015! This month has sucked poo poo, so far the tally is my wife's grandpa in the ER for MRSA pneumonia (still in), my father in law with a heart attack (getting out this morning and probably going back in 2 weeks from now because he's a dipshit) and my grandma with possible cancerous growths on her pancreas, been a great month! But hey, at least I can finally check back in and see what I've been missing out on and get some well needed comedic relief.

GODDAMN.

My 2015 isn't that bad so far but based on this, I'd be inclined to agree.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

keykey posted:

God drat it man, I'm so sorry :(

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

keykey posted:

Would a set of extraordinarily tiny jackstands ease the pain?

It hasn't been the best year for me so far, either. Family members have died, the ambulance company I work for is aggressively merging all of its branches before we have a vote on a union so we can't have a vote on a union, and the army paid for five root canals, but won't pay for crowns, so I have to figure that out. But keep on truckin' along, and if a RCR video makes you forget about a lovely life for awhile, then confide in that. I also recommend Project Binky.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
compared to 2013 and 2014? THIS YEAR IS loving GREAT. :colbert:

can't wait for my babbies first jackstand, they're perfect for a project~

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Geirskogul posted:

Klintor@gmail

Email sent. You rock.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

First minute is the best

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Holy poo poo, the intro is loving magical :allears:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

T1g4h posted:

RCR never fails to disappoint.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Thanks guys, I'm probably just more pissed this morning than I've been all month because for the most part my grandma is old (94) and if her growths come back as cancerous, well she had a pretty solid run and I should be so lucky to live that long. My wife's grandpa is doing much better now and he's in all likelihood going to be going home next week or week after. But I just got back from 6 days being gone to see an rear end in a top hat of a father in law. The whole weekend was an exercise in mental masturbation. This was his greatest hit this weekend before we left yesterday to came back home.

:downs: "Welp, they don't know why I had a heart attack." and to that I told him

:bang: "Yes you do. You haven't done a single test for your diabetes in 18 months and you eat how you want because you think that you know what's best because you did a Google search as opposed to the dietitians and doctors in here that, by the way are the best that money can buy because you're in a hospital off 17 mile drive, and they're telling you that your poo poo isn't in check because you believe what The Google is telling you. Now you're wasting my time because I took time off work that I will most likely have to take off again in a few weeks to come back here and support my wife because your stupid rear end can't figure out that you should be testing yourself."

:downs: "The lord has a plan for my life and I trust in him."

:bang: "Right. Tell you what, I'm going to stop eating right now, because the lord has a plan for my life too and I trust that he'll nurture me."

:downs: "Well, that's just stupid."

:bang: "No poo poo. I can only care about you as much as you care about yourself, so it looks like we're at a standstill. I guess we'll be seeing you back in here pretty soon."

Sorry random people on an internet forum, I just needed to vent.

cursedshitbox posted:

compared to 2013 and 2014? THIS YEAR IS loving GREAT. :colbert:

can't wait for my babbies first jackstand, they're perfect for a project~

Hopefully you can keep up the momentum and I hope this year and future years go better for everyone else as well. :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sorry about the headaches in your life Keykey.

We just walked our unit, aside from carpet it's done!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
This is a thing of beauty.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

T1g4h posted:

I know Mr. Regular seems to be very much against being on camera (or, at least, his face) but my god I would've loved video of that rant.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

We have freezing rain in louisiana today, which means everyone is losing their drat minds and moving at a crawl on every road.
I made it across town and back to grab lunch, but it was a lot of work because my tires suck at moving through this slush.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

keykey posted:

:downs: "Welp, they don't know why I had a heart attack." and to that I told him

:bang: "Yes you do. You haven't done a single test for your diabetes in 18 months and you eat how you want because you think that you know what's best because you did a Google search as opposed to the dietitians and doctors in here that, by the way are the best that money can buy because you're in a hospital off 17 mile drive, and they're telling you that your poo poo isn't in check because you believe what The Google is telling you. Now you're wasting my time because I took time off work that I will most likely have to take off again in a few weeks to come back here and support my wife because your stupid rear end can't figure out that you should be testing yourself."

:downs: "The lord has a plan for my life and I trust in him."

:bang: "Right. Tell you what, I'm going to stop eating right now, because the lord has a plan for my life too and I trust that he'll nurture me."

:downs: "Well, that's just stupid."

:bang: "No poo poo. I can only care about you as much as you care about yourself, so it looks like we're at a standstill. I guess we'll be seeing you back in here pretty soon."

quote:

A man is on his porch during a flood and a woman comes by in a boat and offers him a spot. He says, “No, God will save me.” The water rises and he moves to the second level of his house and another boat comes by with several people in it, and they offer him the ride as well. “No, God will save me.” Finally, he has to move to the roof and a helicopter comes by and drops a ladder. He waves it away and says, “No, God will save me.” Suddenly a rush of water comes by and the man drowns. He goes to Heaven and sees God and says, “I believed you would save me! Why did you forsake me?” And God says, “I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you want?!”

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

:golfclap:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
"Goon in a well" but a hundred years prior..

OP: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a well!!!"
Goons1-4: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"
OP: "I'm thinking I should dig... should I dig?"
Goon5: "NO! I was trapped in a well, and digging is a bad idea! Climb out!"
Goons6-8: "Were lowering ropes! Take hold of a rope!"
Goon9: "I've even tied a harness to the end of this one!"
OP: "I can feel the ropes, but I don't want to hold onto them... should I dig?"
Goon10: "No! If you dig, you'll hit water, and then you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned."
OP: "I dug a little bit just now, and I haven't hit water. I'm gonna keep digging..."
Goons11-18: "No! Climb! Climb out!"
OP: "Guys, I'm seriously stuck in this well! Help! HELP!!!"
Goon19: "I was trapped in a well once. It took me two years, but I managed to build a climbing machine that pulled me to safety out of a well bucket and a pocket watch. I'm dropping the blueprints, extra buckets, and an assortment of pocket watches."
Goon20: "I've engineered a jet-pack that will rocket you to safety. Stay where you are and we'll lower it down!"
OP: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep digging. I'll find the Mines of Moria and I'll just walk to the surface."
**Goons1-20 piss in the well**
Goon21: "Guys, seriously... stop peeing in the well."
Goon22:"Yeah, like any of you guys have even seen a real well, you neckbearded, WOW-addicted shut-ins."

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

2015 finally took grandma, I'd post the gif but I'm too broken down by Avis's idiot customer service and Southwest's lovely hold music.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Pham Nuwen posted:

2015 finally took grandma, I'd post the gif but I'm too broken down by Avis's idiot customer service and Southwest's lovely hold music.

Goondolences :glomp:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Mice? in MY vagina wagon?

I have no idea where it found whatever that material was before it chewed it up.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

IOwnCalculus posted:

I know Mr. Regular seems to be very much against being on camera (or, at least, his face) but my god I would've loved video of that rant.

Was that pod filter rotted away? Was that steering wheel put on crooked?
I don't get the USA love of old hondas and toyotas.
Kiwis must be laughing their arse off with "JDM", and cartoon d. But even as an aussie, I really only liked old datsuns and mazdas. Regular cheap hondas and toyotas never really did anything for me. I must admit though I have a rotary bias and nothing else was interesting until the demise of the rx7, and even then, it was datsun/nissan.
My timeline for the whole japanese car industry is: i) datsun, ii) mazda make the rotary, iii) rotary no longer competitive, iv) nissan take the performance crown.
Other people will say the wrx and evo are in there somewhere, but didn't work out that way for me as I have never driven them. But I guess it's the same for everyone though, many will dismiss mazda and nissan, and say that toyota and honda are/were the best. Just thinking about it, most people pick two brands and always dismiss the rest. Being an oldy and a rotor head, it has to be mazda and datsun/nissan for me.

E: Re-reading that in between periods of rolling around the floor in stomach pain. I do think I actually have become crazy and make no sense.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BraveUlysses posted:

Mice? in MY vagina wagon?

That....looks like a shop towel.

• Locked thread