Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

fuckkkk and i forgot the soul burger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Red Robin's Guac Bacon Burg was my staple in college when I wanted to burg and watch a movie in the theater.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Did a late night creep to the local In-N-Out. Was a good decision.

Through the shadows and darkness I shall creep towards the eternal light of Burgers.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I did a burger tonight as well.

Simple really. Ground beef, American cheese, two thinly sliced tomatoes, onions, and one leaf of lettuce. Ketchup and mayo. A side of mac and cheese.

Dill pickle spear to round it out.

A lager to wash it down.

It is known.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Shadow posted:

I did a burger tonight as well.

Simple really. Ground beef, American cheese, two thinly sliced tomatoes, onions, and one leaf of lettuce. Ketchup and mayo. A side of mac and cheese.

Dill pickle spear to round it out.

A lager to wash it down.

It is known.

i like the cut of your jib

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

a large trout posted:

it's no luxury burger but this is one of the local favorites

juicy burg

more than a hand full is a waste

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
got a burg at longhorn steakhouse the other day. it was pretty mediocre :smith: i remember them being better. anyway, my craving has NOT been satisfied. i will have to feed burg again soon...

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Burgin with ground beef, cheddar, dill pickle, onion, red relish, mayo, and a brown ale.

Everyone knows red relish is the proper way to put tomato on your burgs right?

Jehde fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 23, 2015

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I grabber a $1.99 burger from BK today. meat was dry but had good flavor.
was called the bacon double or some shii

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
just had a burger it was good

Shions of Qud

Catronos
Sep 27, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

Can you order a Big Mac but one made with the quarter pounder beef patties instead?

I don't know if anyone answered this but this is an actual menu item advertised in Alaska as the McKinley Mac
http://hackthemenu.com/mcdonalds/secret-menu/mckinley-mac/

sturgeon
Sep 13, 2011

Catronos posted:

I don't know if anyone answered this but this is an actual menu item advertised in Alaska as the McKinley Mac
http://hackthemenu.com/mcdonalds/secret-menu/mckinley-mac/

this is horrific.
anybody that """hacks""" fast food menus should die of shame.

"hello yes I would like my lovely subway sandwich cut in a way you probably don't know about, it's on the 'secret menu'" #hackthemenu

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Extra juicy for those who enjoy their meat

yeah, lovely overcooked frozen burger patty meat

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

sturgeon posted:

this is horrific.
anybody that """hacks""" fast food menus should die of shame.

"hello yes I would like my lovely subway sandwich cut in a way you probably don't know about, it's on the 'secret menu'" #hackthemenu

how tasty does that sound? don't forget to order a big drink to wash it down with!

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Its funny that people are so passive and flamey now that they have to coyly hack a menu instead of "asking for what you want" which youve been able to do at restaurants since, idk, forever.

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007

Literally Kermit posted:

I got a lot of venison and I bought a meat grinder a few weeks ago. Deer meat is very lean and as long as you trim as much of the gamey tasting fat from it, tastes good.

I plan on cutting it with beef and adding a splash of beef stock to season/juice it up. Is this within acceptable bounds of burg science or am I tampering with forces I can't even begin to comprehend? Asking for a friend.

The beef stock trick I already did with beef chuck I ground, and it made a really juicy and good burger. I crusted black pepper on both sides of the patty instead of salt because the beef stock was already salty. A small splash of stock on the season cast iron and a quick cover steam melts a couple slices of cheese pretty quick, too.

Also there's an upsetting lack of discussion about sautéed mushrooms as toppings. Those plus grilled onions are awesome.

The pro choice for venison burgin' is to trim the fat off your venison and then, when you grind it, mix in beef suet as you do so. The delicious taste of venison with the unctuous fattiness of beef. I grew up on that poo poo and it is the absolute best.

her0n
Sep 13, 2006

hey look the world is covered in snail slime
If you're in the UK forget supermarket Venison burgers. They're poo poo, end of.

I get mine from these guys: http://www.newhousegame.co.uk/index.php

really meaty bambis.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I'm not sure if I'd like venison. In general, I don't like really tough meat and I assume gamey meat is pretty tough.

Hell I don't even like lamb. Not that lamb is gamey meat, but thought I'd mention it!

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
lamb is for dumb dumbs and turks and i aint either

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

lamb really does kinda suck

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
are you guys serious? lamb rules if cooked right

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
yeah

pork chops > lamb chops

I actually have a bit of a craving for a big mac but it's like 20 with a real feel of 3 so I think I'm going to stick with getting something delivered. Burgers don't travel well for delivery. :(

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Fuuuck im hungry now too. Already got stuff for dinner though and it isnt burg related

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Dyna Soar posted:

are you guys serious? lamb rules if cooked right

then I guess it's never been cooked right!

No but seriously, lamb was one of the choices during my friend's wedding in Aruba and my friends were RAVING about it. One of them insisted I try some of theirs and I did.

2/5 would not eat again

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
was it like, baby lamb or mutton? mutton can easily taste woolly if it isn't cooked right. did it taste woolly?

her0n
Sep 13, 2006

Lamb isn't that popular in the USA I thought?

Anyway roast leg of lamb is amazing.

Not so keen on it in a burger though.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Dyna Soar posted:

was it like, baby lamb or mutton? mutton can easily taste woolly if it isn't cooked right. did it taste woolly?

Woolly? I uh...

I don't recall if it was baby lamb or not. Haven't had mutton though, but from how it's been described, I'm not sure if it's something I'd like. I like to make it a point to try things I don't like after a few years just to make sure, so maybe I'll give lamb another try in the next 4 or 5 years.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
well, baby lamb and adult lamb (lamb and mutton respectively, but i don't think americans make distiction? not sure) taste pretty different. the skin lets the wool's taste through to the animals fat, giving the meat a strong woolly or i guess you could call it a gamey flavour. you have tó slow cook it, over the night in the oven. one trick i know my dad does is to daub the mutton with coffee. it makes the flavour more manageable, but still leavesa bit of that woolly sock taste if you don't slow cook it. i guess cutting out all the fat would help, too.

baby lamb doesn't have that flavour at all and is just delicious, especially baby lamb chops.

goddamn i'm hungry now

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
they make the distinction here its just that nobody eats lamb

the only thing i wish was on more menus here from an animal perspective is duck

More places should serve goddamn duck.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
holy poo poo theres a place around the corner from me that has good food and they serve duck

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
thats weak, man. lamb kebab is awesome. lamb is used a lot in greek and middle eastern cuisine. one of my favourite meats for sure.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lamb isn't even 'gamey' at all, it's perfectly nice, you people are dumbs.

I guess you could make a lamburger (see that <---) but I don't think it'd be an improvement and maybe a waste of lamb.

Also venison can make a great burg but you have to grind fat with it when you process it (either pork or beef) otherwise you're gonna eat a hockey puck, and then you will be crying over your burg. The worst fate.

her0n
Sep 13, 2006

Apparently this is a duck (and turkey) burger. I need it.

http://chicago.seriouseats.com/2010/06/duck-turkey-burger-review-may-street-market-chicago-il.html

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

I had a medium rare burger with duck fat fries yesterday.

IT was pretty good and I did not get e coli so that was p. cool too.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

Lamb isn't even 'gamey' at all, it's perfectly nice, you people are dumbs.

well, it does have that distinct woolly flavour. just said gamey to describe it, but yeah it's not gamey as similar to venison or moose.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
my socks are cotton what animal do i have to eat to taste them

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fetus Tree posted:

my socks are cotton what animal do i have to eat to taste them

...my butt.

Eat my butt LMAO

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Eat different types of burgers to expand your burger knowledge, imho.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chinatown posted:

Eat different types of burgers to expand your burger knowledge, imho.

Embrace all of life's wonderful burging varieties, expand your horizons, achieve Burgvana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

VendaGoat posted:

Embrace all of life's wonderful burging varieties, expand your horizons, achieve Burgvana

Yeah this is what I try to do. Just never liked Lamb after having tried it a bunch, but I definitely plan on giving it another go in a few years. I read that your taste buds change every 5-7 years and it's worth revisiting stuff you didn't like before!

• Locked thread