Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't really read comics - has DC ever been as batshit as Marvel can get with literal gods and the embodiments of time and death itself running around?

Yeah...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Someone needs to post the fight between the Superman Thought Robot and Mandrakk The Dark Monitor from Final Crisis

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

If there’s a chicken, I want to train it to balance on a ball!

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 23, 2015

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Captain Quack posted:

And aparently superman II was an influence to the Saiyan saga, and this happens in the movie:

Goku shows up and throws a big cellophane King Kai symbol at Nappa

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/02/23/official-revival-f-website-character-profiles/

quote:

SON GOKU (Masako Nozawa)
A Saiyan raised on Earth, who has protected Earth from numerous mighty foes. He likes fighting against strong opponents, and the stronger the opponent, the more excited he gets. After the battle with God of Destruction Beerus, he is now training under Whis in search of even greater strength.

VEGETA (Ryō Horikawa)
This prideful prince of the Saiyans. He was once a cruel warrior of evil, but through his fights with Goku & co., he has come to have a proper heart. He burns with an unyielding desire to best Goku in battle, and now is continuing his training.

SON GOHAN (Masako Nozawa)
Goku’s son, an Earthling/Saiyan hybrid. He has a quiet personality, and his dream has been to become a scholar since he was a small child, but when it comes time to fight, he wields a power even greater than that of pure Saiyans. This time, he can’t find his dōgi, so he joins the fray in his gym clothes.

PICCOLO (Toshio Furukawa)
A Namekian warrior. He was once a Great Demon King, the evil half of Earth’s God. He is also Gohan’s master, who raised him as a warrior. Together with Gohan, he perceives Freeza’s ki right away, and engages Freeza & co. in battle.

KURIRIN (Mayumi Tanaka)
The strongest Earthling warrior, who became a pupil of Kame-Sen’nin’s with Goku, and who has fought together with him in numerous life-or-death battles. Now he patrols the town as a police officer.

TENSHINHAN (Hikaru Midorikawa)
A martial artist formerly of the Crane School, who had aspired to become the world’s best hitman, but had a change of heart after meeting Goku & co. He had continued on a journey of training apart from Goku and the others, but perceiving Freeza’s massively powerful ki, he rushes to the scene.

KAME-SEN’NIN (Masaharu Satō)
A legendary martial artist who was once famous as the Muten Rōshi, and also Goku’s master. Now, he lives a quiet life at Kame House. Having stayed out of the battles for a while, this time he makes his long-awaited return and joins the fight.

BULMA (Hiromi Tsuru)
The very first of Goku’s friends, who he first met in the mountains. She is the scion of Capsule Corporation, and a genius with machines, such as developing the Dragon Radar. She catches wind of Freeza’s revival from a certain character.

VIDEL (Yūko Minaguchi)
The daughter of world champion fighter Mister Satan. She met Gohan in high school, and married him after the fight with Majin Buu. Now she is the mother of a child.

No. 18 (Miki Itō)
An Artificial Human remodeled by the genius scientist Doctor Gero with the goal of killing Goku. After the fight with Cell, she married Kuririn, and lives together with her daughter Marron at Kame House. She shaves the head of Kuririn, who is serious about his first fight in a long time.

BEERUS (Kōichi Yamadera)
The god who governs destruction, keeping the balance of the cosmos. If he should lose his temper, he will destroy the worlds and lives around him. The mightiest being, who not even Goku could beat as a Super Saiyan God. After the fight with Goku, he fell back into a long slumber, but…?

WHIS (Masakazu Morita)
A man of many mysteries, who works in tandem with Beerus. He is also Beerus’ master, the depths of whose power is unknown. After the fight between Goku and Beerus, he trains Goku and Vegeta, who seek even greater strength.

ORACLE FISH (Shōko Nakagawa)
A mysterious fish that gives prophecies. It once prophesized the appearance of a mighty foe to Beerus, which came true through the appearance of Goku as a Super Saiyan God. Has a careless personality, and will forget even its own prophecies.

PILAF, SHUU, MAI (Shigeru Chiba, Tesshō Genda, Eiko Yamada)
Minor villains who plot world domination with the Dragon Balls, but are always stopped by Goku & co. Never learning their lesson, they sought out the Dragon Balls, but they ended up getting used by Freeza’s forces…?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I will never not laugh at Tracksuit Gohan and his general incompetence. I like Videl's new design, though.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Gohan looks like such a dork. And wow I keep forgetting how girly Videl has been designed since the Buu Saga ended, it's hard to imagine she was once a massive tomboy.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tenshinhan's new design is rad as poo poo.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Master's Roshi's back in the game, awesome

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

okay it looks like this movie is going to own. Gohan shows up in a track suit because he can't find his regular fighting clothes? :allears:

Also I guess eighteen prefers bald men.

Brony Hunter posted:

Gohan looks like such a dork. And wow I keep forgetting how girly Videl has been designed since the Buu Saga ended, it's hard to imagine she was once a massive tomboy.

Videl looks younger then how she did in the series, it's sort of weird.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Everyone was gunning for Vegeta to defeat Frieza, finally taking vengeance for the Saiyan race by defeating their destroyer once and for all, but they hadn't reckoned on the awesome might of the Max Power Kamehameha Wave ...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bulma's design looks weird to me. She looks like a stick bug.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

ImpAtom posted:

Bulma's design looks weird to me. She looks like a stick bug.

Beerus slapped off 20 pounds.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad that Pilaf, Shuu, and Mai are making their comeback through the movies.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
All the new designs look pretty great except for Videl's. She looks really young and it's kinda weird.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Echoing that Tenshinhan looks like a loving boss.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Krillin finally confirmed to be canonically the strongest human.

Grown-up Gohan is just a disappointment regardless of the medium he appears in. He was crappy in GT, he looks dumb in this. He was pretty good in the Buu saga, but I guess it doesn't count seeing as he was supposed to be 16.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Everyone was gunning for Vegeta to defeat Frieza, finally taking vengeance for the Saiyan race by defeating their destroyer once and for all, but they hadn't reckoned on the awesome might of the TRI-BEAM ...

:colbert:

Give Tenshinhan his moment in the sun.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

...And featuring Son Videl as Tron Bonne!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Poor Yamcha.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

18 picked a bad haircut for Marron.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kurtofan posted:

Poor Yamcha.

I don't know what this "Yamcha" is, but it sounds just like Raditz.

Also, Krillin's a cop now? I think I'd rather be tazed than beaten up by him, for several reasons.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Kurtofan posted:

Poor Yamcha.
Was Yamcha even in Battle of the Gods? Did he have any lines at all? Oolong and Pu'ar got lines, but I seriously can't remember if Yamcha was even there.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Some Numbers posted:

Was Yamcha even in Battle of the Gods? Did he have any lines at all? Oolong and Pu'ar got lines, but I seriously can't remember if Yamcha was even there.

I think he was in the background? Maybe? I don't even think he got a throwaway line, though; if he did, it was like a single sentence.

He's gonna end up at the same bar as Launch.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I don't know what this "Yamcha" is, but it sounds just like Raditz.

Also, Krillin's a cop now? I think I'd rather be tazed than beaten up by him, for several reasons.

Krillin would be the best cop because you can trust he'll never use lethal force

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Krillin is the strongest human, get hosed Tienailures. :smug:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Some Numbers posted:

He had a line when Beerus challenged Oolong to a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. It was just him telling Oolong to throw Paper because he had human hands instead of hooves.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Silento posted:

Krillin is the strongest human, get hosed Tienailures. :smug:

Tien is a triclops he's not even human so there!

I've actually heard that argument.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Krillin would be the best cop because you can trust he'll never use lethal force

You joke, but he's probably going to be pumped up to be this cool super cop, end up writing tickets most of the time, and then put the first shoplifter he sees in the hospital. Then it's right back to sitting around Kame House.

Rudoku posted:

He had a line when Beerus challenged Oolong to a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. It was just him telling Oolong to throw Paper because he had human hands instead of hooves.

Oh yeah, that's right.

He gets one line and almost dooms us all with it. Thanks for showing up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, Yamcha was the set-up to that Rock Paper Scissors gag.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

quote:

The daughter of world champion fighter Mister Satan. She met Gohan in high school, and married him after the fight with Majin Buu. Now she is the mother of a child.

Womeninshounen.txt

Hell yeah more Roshi.

Will Goku EVER find out about the Jackie Chun thing? Does he just think Chun died of old age?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

Womeninshounen.txt

This is quite literally #18's entire character after being spat out by Cell too.
It's quite actively frustrating to watch at points in the Buu saga where she's in Bulma's helicopter/jet and it's about to crash and she only realises with seconds to go she's actually a robot woman strong enough to kick the poo poo out of Super Saiyans and is actually bad-rear end.

Also the time where Krillin goes to distract Buu from chocolating everyone and then she does a runner with Marron only to be chocolate'd straight up anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least she got to fight broly for a bit in one of the movies

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Rudoku posted:

That was Yamcha? Huh, I completely blanked on that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah he was, he hosed up Oolong's paper-scissors-rock game with Beerus by talking too loud.

edit: woops beaten like Yamcha.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Aurain posted:

This is quite literally #18's entire character after being spat out by Cell too.
It's quite actively frustrating to watch at points in the Buu saga where she's in Bulma's helicopter/jet and it's about to crash and she only realises with seconds to go she's actually a robot woman strong enough to kick the poo poo out of Super Saiyans and is actually bad-rear end.

Also the time where Krillin goes to distract Buu from chocolating everyone and then she does a runner with Marron only to be chocolate'd straight up anyway.

To be fair loving nobody on that tower was doing anything to Buu, let alone the people they were actually stalling for time to come bail them out.

Also, I was always under the impression that the Androids were really strong, but couldn't get stronger than they were when they were created.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also, I was always under the impression that the Androids were really strong, but couldn't get stronger than they were when they were created.

Nah, there's at least one scene where it's said they got stronger and they show the ability to learn new techniques and such.

I think it's just Toriyama being Toriyama and forgetting about stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, that's what I seem to believe about them too though I can't place why or where I heard that.

It's not really a point of being about to damage and hurt Buu, just that she was by far the strongest person there and she's arguably the least useful of the people there.

Yamcha aside, naturally.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Vegeta's suit with the lines in it reminds me of how DC will draw Batman like that, with all the seams and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, there's at least one scene where it's said they got stronger and they show the ability to learn new techniques and such.

I think it's just Toriyama being Toriyama and forgetting about stuff.

In the manga, or is it anime filler like Kid Buu being the strongest?

The new techniques thing is news to me, my memories of the android saga are spotty so I don't remember them doing anything like that.

• Locked thread