Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Mmmm...Almond Kitty.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Awww warming up some mcnuggets.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Those chicks kinda look like they have this vague sense of terror but they can't quite understand why.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb-LnEIH_eQ

A hummingbird doing its morning exercises!

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

cptn_dr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb-LnEIH_eQ

A hummingbird doing its morning exercises!

Last page, but still cute.

This cat is obviously planning to kill Superman.

ETA: Cat and dog getting along as well as ever.

And new law dog joining the force.

darthbob88 has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Feb 22, 2015

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

darthbob88 posted:

And new law dog joining the force.

I am an officer of the d'aww

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

darthbob88 posted:

Whoops. It popped up on Facebook and I must have forgotten I'd seen it here already!

To make amends, have some owls.

Prof. Moriarty
Dec 6, 2003
Not the regular Professor Moriarty, the hologram Professor Moriarty where the holodeck malfunctioned and he created the whole fake hologram enterprise and fooled the Captain. Oh, and he tried to escape with his girlfriend once, but he was foiled.

darthbob88 posted:

His whole feed is meltingly cute: https://instagram.com/atchoumfan/

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

IslamoNazi posted:

I am an officer of the d'aww

I don't know if you just made that up or took it from somewhere else but holy poo poo that is perfect.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Garrand posted:

I don't know if you just made that up or took it from somewhere else but holy poo poo that is perfect.

All me baby

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

darthbob88 posted:

He just needs an eyepatch and he'll be ready to tell us what happened to all the unicorns.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

darthbob88 posted:

Wasn't he in Secret of NIMH?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I hope that cat is named Billy Connolly.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I sure hope this hasn't been posted in this huge huge thread because I can not post it fast enough!

I don't think it has but I've seen it a bunch of times, and it NEVER gets old.

Neither does this one:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Cats seem to have a lot more patience around small childs. When I was very young, our cat was also really loving chill.

But it was basically a wildcat and chill the entire time.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlackIronHeart posted:

My immediate thought was "That cat looks like Billy Connolly!"

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Michaellaneous posted:

Cats seem to have a lot more patience around small childs. When I was very young, our cat was also really loving chill.

It really depends on the cat and how safe it feels. An anxious cat and an unpredictably flailing or grabbing small child are a recipe for scratches and tears. On one hand, that's a great practical lesson about how important it is to be gentle and to respect others' space. On the other, NOT THE EYES KITTY.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I sure hope this hasn't been posted in this huge huge thread because I can not post it fast enough!

I love the look of determination and fortitude on that child's face. "It's going to be okay, kitty. Whatever happens, we've got each other."

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Dove from Above posted:

It really depends on the cat and how safe it feels. An anxious cat and an unpredictably flailing or grabbing small child are a recipe for scratches and tears. On one hand, that's a great practical lesson about how important it is to be gentle and to respect others' space. On the other, NOT THE EYES KITTY.

I love the look of determination and fortitude on that child's face. "It's going to be okay, kitty. Whatever happens, we've got each other."

I saw it as "Don't worry, cat. We're gonna get you that boat."

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Cats are generally cool with things that are quiet, slow-moving, and not overly grabby. I think that's why some like infants. Toddlers, not so much.

Edit: Bonus french bulldog puppy disregarding all those cat etiquette rules and acting so happy about it!

Forsythia has a new favorite as of 05:12 on Feb 23, 2015

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Michaellaneous posted:

Seconded. My buddy recently got a kitten for his two-year-old daughter, and wisely went with my family's inbred clowder of farm cats. Princess, the one on top here, has only two settings: Sedate, happy, sitting on your chest and buzzing, and I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE TASTE OF YOUR FINGERS. She's drawn blood from me on more than one occasion, including when I just pick her up gently. She'll even chase the other cat in the picture all around the house. But when the wee baby Lizzie grabs her around the middle, Princess will quite gently push her away, being very careful not to use claws. Even when she's locked in Lizzie's room with her, she apparently is still shockingly gentle about getting away from the grabby monster-child.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

My favourite breed of cat are british shorthair. Our neighbor has one, and it is the least shy and most cuddly cat you can imagine.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They are adorable. My friend has one and I'm sooo jealous.

Look at that angry face. :3:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Michaellaneous posted:

My favourite breed of cat are british shorthair. Our neighbor has one, and it is the least shy and most cuddly cat you can imagine.

My fake aunt (friend of my parents who plays an aunt-like role in my life) has a beautiful silver tabby British shorthair, and she is the only cat I've ever known that genuinely hates me. Fake aunt tries to protest that Lulu hates everyone except her, but others have noted that she reserves particular loathing and scorn for me.
Sigh.

Hey check out this little bandy-legged cat!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Dove from Above posted:

My fake aunt (friend of my parents who plays an aunt-like role in my life) has a beautiful silver tabby British shorthair, and she is the only cat I've ever known that genuinely hates me. Fake aunt tries to protest that Lulu hates everyone except her, but others have noted that she reserves particular loathing and scorn for me.
Sigh.

Have you tried rubbing catnip on yourself? Or eating a lot of vegemite sandwiches?

Cat love vegemite :catdrugs:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

Cat love vegemite :catdrugs:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mizuti posted:

Cats are generally cool with things that are quiet, slow-moving, and not overly grabby. I think that's why some like infants. Toddlers, not so much.

Edit: Bonus french bulldog puppy disregarding all those cat etiquette rules and acting so happy about it!

At first I thought there was something wrong with that dog but then I remembered that frenchies are just that derpy when they get excited :3:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I'll be honest, fellas, it was sounding great, but...

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

BlackIronHeart posted:

Billy Cuddley.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

The cat on the left has vampire fangs.

:ohdear: That poor dog

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Anyone else have a dog that looks very interested in discussing your long term financial stability?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Pander posted:

Anyone else have a dog that looks very interested in discussing your long term financial stability?

(I don't care that it became a meme! It's a good picture, dangit!)

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
http://kfor.com/2015/02/10/watch-live-oklahoma-citys-great-horned-owl-prepares-for-owlets/

Oklahoma City live owl cam. Two parents and three babies. They look pretty cold today.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

SynthOrange posted:

Look at that angry face. :3:

Someone please find the witch who has turned Nick Offerman into a cat and ask her nicely to undo the curse, TIA.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
British Shorthairs, you say?

Well, see ya.

Crateria
Jun 16, 2013

Miss Iris giving herself a bath in the sink :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BschEXMGS-Q

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I love how she keep jamming it back on full blast. :allears:

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I stumbled upon this today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTTbxgV50Sc
I never knew they could jump :o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

SinineSiil posted:

I stumbled upon this today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTTbxgV50Sc
I never knew they could jump :o

It makes sense considering that group of lizards is partly arboreal. Seeing it happen in an apartment setting, however, is somewhat surreal.

Fake edit: I just looked it up, and apparently tegu lizards aren't directly related to monitor lizards like I thought. Weird.

• Locked thread