Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Blockhouse posted:

Sooo, Worlds Unite?

Not just a Sonic/Mega Man crossover.

:staredog:

I have no idea what else is there. I think I saw Godzilla in the top left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Blockhouse posted:

Sooo, Worlds Unite?

Not just a Sonic/Mega Man crossover.

Henshin a-go-goly poo poo!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Big ol' monster in the upper left is Gore Magala from Monster Hunter

Definitely Viewtiful Joe in the lower left. Can't identify the rest.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Between Mega Man and Viewtiful Joe, comics is really becoming Capcom's Island of Misfit Toys Properties

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I kinda want NiGHTS to be in it, but it probably won't happen. :shobon:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I kinda want NiGHTS to be in it, but it probably won't happen. :shobon:

Actually I think NiGHTS is right above Viewtiful Joe, now that I look at it again.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, wow, I think you might be right. Good grief.

All it needs is Crash Bandicoot, Ristar and possibly Sparkster and 6-year old me will be over the moon. :v:

(Okay, one that definitely won't happen but would be all kinds of cool would be Chuck D. Head, if only because I know that Ian Flynn has read STC and thus will have read Nigel Kitching's Decap Attack strips. :D)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kelp Plankton posted:

Big ol' monster in the upper left is Gore Magala from Monster Hunter

Okay, I am now imagining a Hunter character coming into the story and he keeps wanting to skin the Sonic characters and make hats out of them.

Also, is that (one of the) Nina(s) from Breath of Fire to the right?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
ENHANCE

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The girl with wings is Nina from breath of Fire.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Looks like Vyse from skies of arcadia, maybe Billy Hatcher? And uh something on fire

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Amaterasu, I think

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You think they would shove some of the Atlus properties like Persona in since Sega owns them now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Heck with that, I wanna see Sonic and Mega Man team up with Leon Kennedy and Bayonetta.

I know Bayonetta's a Platinum property and just published by Sega.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Y'know I think I see Firebrand from Ghost and Goblins just above the Nights silhouette .

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Here's the Day 2 image (they're doing reveals on IGN):

That's Billy Hatcher, Viewtiful Joe, Alex Kidd and Nina from Breath of Fire (apparently repping the entire BOF3 player party).

The Kins fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 24, 2015

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I recognize Billy Hatcher and Viewtiful Joe, but who are the two on the right?

e: missed the link, nevermind.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I didn't mention it, but I like that the primary Capcom contingent is Rock and X. Sega have Sonic and... the Australian whatever-she-is from Sonic Boom. That's like a Marvel/DC crossover headed by Superman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man and Shamrock.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

I didn't mention it, but I like that the primary Capcom contingent is Rock and X. Sega have Sonic and... the Australian whatever-she-is from Sonic Boom. That's like a Marvel/DC crossover headed by Superman, Wonder Womana darker, grittier Superman, Spider-Man and Shamrock.

ftfy, but yeah, Sega really wants to push the new Sonic Boom franchise. I'm surprised that they didn't force Archie comics to have Sonic wear a scarf. They could explain it as being a result of somehow deep down inside somewhere remembering Blues or something.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I would love to see dante in this thing, but it probably won't happen.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Monaghan posted:

"If only I could have filled Dr. Light's soul... WITH LIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It'd be lovely NuDante and he'd have to use a sniper rifle to abort Amy Rose's demon baby or something.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gaz-L posted:

It'd be lovely NuDante and he'd have to use a sniper rifle to abort Amy Rose's demon baby or something.

Without looking, I can almost guarantee there is fanfiction about this.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

"If only I could have filled Dr. Light's soul... WITH LIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!"

He could have a duel with Zero for best... whatever it is those things like the above are called.

e: If Vyse shows up I'll actually buy at least a digital version of this story arc and tell anyone I can it was thanks to Vyse. Then maybe we'll get another Skies of Arcadia finally.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

The Kins posted:

Nina from Breath of Fire (apparently repping the entire BOF3 player party).

Don't sell her short, she's probably repping the entire zombie of a franchise. :sigh:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Monaghan posted:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I personally am rooting for an Amaterasu cameo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't know who the villain in this whole thing is but I do know that one of the most unstoppable forces in Capcom better be there to stop it.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Cool thread so far, I read a ton of Archie and Sonic when I was younger. Pretty impressed with Sonic's upturn in particular these days, Tracey Yardley's art is pretty fun.

I'm actually trying to dig up a particular Archie story that I remember liking and wanted to see again, and was hoping someone here had heard of it: It involves the usual gang of idiots wrecking Mr Lodge's boat in a storm, but takes a goofy turn as everyone wades ashore in period garb, planting a flag and claiming their island "for her majesty." The rest of the story has a bunch of relatively outlandish (by archie standards) one-panel visual gags like this, the other one I remember is Veronica harping at the guys who are drawn as basically giant heads, stacked up like a totem pole for some reason. I don't recall which digest I read this in, or the writer or artist, unfortunately.

Anyone have any ideas? Not sure where else would be a good spot to ask. Maybe I should just write in.

I actually might know what you're talking about. Maybe.

If it's the same type of story I'm thinking of, it looked like 60s-era Archie, and it had Archie, Jughead, and Reggie in a band that got into all kinds of hijinks, and with the visual gags you remembered. Kind of like the show "The Monkees", which I'm sure was an inspiration. I seem to recall at least a couple of stories along those lines, and one of them (maybe it's the same one you're thinking of) had them looking for Pop Tate, but while they were out searching the world, he was apparently in Riverdale the whole time, and got lonely without them and shut up shop and moved to Canada. The last panel suddenly had the three band guys in Mountie outfits dogsledding their away across the land.

I couldn't tell you which digest I read those in, and they unfortunately didn't have the credits for the story. The writer might've been Frank Doyle, though, who wrote a ton of stories for Archie, and most of them with a comedic slant.

Anyways, this thread is pretty nostalgic for me. I started reading Archie in the late 80s or so, and the late 80s to early 90s were kind of a weird time when they were throwing all these different comics against the wall and seeing what would stick. Besides Jughead's Time Police, I remember Archie's R/C Racers, Jughead's Diner (where Jughead was transported to a 50s-style diner in an alternate dimension), Dilton's Strange Science, Faculty Funnies (where you had Mr. Weatherbee and a few other teachers as superheroes), Archie 3000, and there might've been a couple more. I don't think most of them lasted more than a few issues. There was also the revamp they did of Little Archie where they were suddenly drawn in a more modern style and the stories were more 90s-relevant. That didn't last too long either, I believe.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Kins posted:

That's Billy Hatcher, Viewtiful Joe, Alex Kidd and Nina from Breath of Fire (apparently repping the entire BOF3 player party).

Sword person looks like Someone from Phantasy Star

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Sword dude is almost certainly Vyse.

I wonder if the lady with the sword on the right behind X is going to be Alis from the first Phantasy Star.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So does that shoulder next to Nina belong to Ryo Hazuki?

If they reference Shenmue or Panzer Dragoon that would be amazing.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Monaghan posted:

Imagine Dante and Bayonetta in the same comic.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The Kins posted:

Awws, no Fou-Lu. Breat of Fire IV is my favourite in the series.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Adnor posted:

Imagine Dante and Bayonetta in the same comic.

I don't think the world is ready for a 2 page spread of BULLETS loving EVERYWHERE

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I really, REALLY hope this spins out into some new original series. I would kill for a Breath of Fire series as an all ages fantasy adventure comic.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

MonsieurChoc posted:

Awws, no Fou-Lu. Breat of Fire IV is my favourite in the series.

I only played 2-4 and 3 felt like the weakest of the 3 for me. And wasn't 2's Nina the most standout, with her black wings, and all that lead to?

South Town guy
Jun 6, 2011
Day 3
Characters revealed: Nights, Tyris Flare (Golden Axe), Red Arremer (Ghosts 'n Goblins), Amaterasu (Okami)

Seems like a generic red arremer instead of Firebrand, but it looks like fitting counterpart to Golden Axe anyway.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Day 3!

That's Nights, Tyris from Golden Axe, Red Arremer from Ghosts 'n Goblins, and Amaterasu from Okami.

EDIT :argh:!

The Kins fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Um, I just noticed that they're still soliciting Sabrina #4 for May. That's... a bit ambitious at this point, isn't it?

• Locked thread