Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Apparently Akagami no Shirayukihime is getting an anime in the summer.

I was introduced to the series awhile ago by someone in this thread. It's a cute manga! The fantasy setting is a nice change from the usual high school shoujo, and I love the artists' details on the outfits. As for the romance, the two main leads get together pretty quickly and easily. I think because of this, I found myself more invested in the guards' relationship instead. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh hey, cool, was not expecting that. I haven't checked it out in a while, letting new chapters build up, but I really do like it.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
On one hand I'm happy because this series is cute and lighthearted.

On the other hand the manga storyline seems to have gotten lost and is wondering around in circles for the last few arcs. They've been kind of boring.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, I enjoy the side characters way more than the mains - the mains have basically been together forever now, but must remain apart because responsibilities, ad nauseum.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nondevor posted:

Apparently Akagami no Shirayukihime is getting an anime in the summer.

I was introduced to the series awhile ago by someone in this thread. It's a cute manga! The fantasy setting is a nice change from the usual high school shoujo, and I love the artists' details on the outfits. As for the romance, the two main leads get together pretty quickly and easily. I think because of this, I found myself more invested in the guards' relationship instead. :v:
By Studio Bones. I haven't watched a whole lot of their stuff but everything I have seen tends to be very fluid. They also seem to like deviating from the source material so maybe they'll give the story a tighter focus. Of course, while I don't always remember that Akagami no Shirayukihime exists, when I do I enjoy it for being pretty low maintenance. Either way I'm interested.

Edit: speaking of which, a new chapter.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 23, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Huh. I'd been meaning to read that but never got around to it so I guess I'll watch it first instead.

pandabear
Apr 27, 2006
Yeah, my interest petered out on Akagami a while ago, but I will definitely watch the anime if it tightens up the story.

A new chapter of Honey just came out!
Honey is another very sweet manga, very shoujo with pretty art - I am pretty sure it's been linked here before and liked (I hope!).

Fun fact - the characters are based off a one-shot the mangaka did called Granulated Sugar.

Sorry for any cavities!

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

pandabear posted:

Yeah, my interest petered out on Akagami a while ago, but I will definitely watch the anime if it tightens up the story.

A new chapter of Honey just came out!
Honey is another very sweet manga, very shoujo with pretty art - I am pretty sure it's been linked here before and liked (I hope!).

Fun fact - the characters are based off a one-shot the mangaka did called Granulated Sugar.

Sorry for any cavities!

This had me at "delinquent" on the first page :allears:

Also so far it's like, puking shoujo everywhere. Thanks!

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Yeah, Honey is pretty awesome.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Nthing the praise for Honey. Onigase is one of the sweetest "delinquent" leads ever, and it's just feel-good shoujo the entire ride. I highly recommend it!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
A radical delinquent in shoujo is pretty much a normal teenager almost anywhere else. I think that's why the soft-hearted delinquent genre is so popular - they're just more interesting and relatable.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Chas McGill posted:

A radical delinquent in shoujo is pretty much a normal teenager almost anywhere else. I think that's why the soft-hearted delinquent genre is so popular - they're just more interesting and relatable.

More proof that delinquent shoujo mangas are the best. Another one that I really liked was Atashi no Banbi, a short but hilarious four chapter series. It's not super sugary sweet like Honey, but the two main leads are charming doofuses. :allears:

The author is the same one who does Haru x Kiyo, which also got a new update recently.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
New Horimiya, and since it's a chapter not about the main couple it's pretty good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish they'd translate the character guide at the start because other than the main characters, I can never remember who anyone is.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Jeeze had to come to page three to find thread.

Chapter two of the new boys over flowers is out. It's funny. http://www.vizmanga.com/boys-over-flowers-season-2

And horimiya got licensed.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

coathat posted:

Chapter two of the new boys over flowers is out. It's funny. http://www.vizmanga.com/boys-over-flowers-season-2

I'm really enjoying the new boys over flowers.
Haruto's faces are the best.

New things:
Five new March Comes in Like a Lion's in the past week & omake
Last chapter of Hidamari ga Kikoeru.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Been a while but there's a new chapter of Hajiotsu

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Gnossiennes posted:

Five new March Comes in Like a Lion's in the past week & omake
I'm glad you posted this, even though after binging it I'm not sure I'd say it's a romance story per se, because while it kept getting brought up in the seinen thread I never gave it much of a look for whatever reason. It got compared to Chihayafuru there but honestly the first thing that came to mind as I caught up was that it was a much, much more competently done Your Lie in April. Like that story the main character in this is riddled with trauma but it just seems to handle it so much better, with a lot more introspection and fewer anime diseased pixie girls designed solely to solve his problems and pull at your heart strings.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

coathat posted:

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm enjoying the new Boys of Flowers. So far I like the protagonist a little more than the one from the first Boys over Flowers.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Ytlaya posted:

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm enjoying the new Boys of Flowers. So far I like the protagonist a little more than the one from the first Boys over Flowers.

There's no shame in liking comedic shoujo manga, which this one is turning out to be. :colbert: I admit that the actual Correct 5 is dull, but I love the fact that the main guy is a loser home-shopper.

Hopefully the protagonist continues to show more spine in future chapters. If they were just constantly trolling each other it'd be great.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Nate RFB posted:

I'm glad you posted this, even though after binging it I'm not sure I'd say it's a romance story per se, because while it kept getting brought up in the seinen thread I never gave it much of a look for whatever reason. It got compared to Chihayafuru there but honestly the first thing that came to mind as I caught up was that it was a much, much more competently done Your Lie in April. Like that story the main character in this is riddled with trauma but it just seems to handle it so much better, with a lot more introspection and fewer anime diseased pixie girls designed solely to solve his problems and pull at your heart strings.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. It doesn't stray from being silly and comedic like Your Lie in April, but on the other hand the emphasis on Rei's relationship with the sisters and how they're also dealing with loss in the family is more touching than the weird love quadruple in Your Lie in April or the rivals in piano.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I just caught up on the last dozen or so pages of this thread after falling behind on my shoujoing. Now I have way to many new series to check out. These tabs will never go away...

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I started reading Yandere Kanojo. It's cute and funny so far.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think my favorite thing about Yandere Kanojo is its firm refusal to accept the normal anime fan definition of yandere.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah I've been keeping up with it for a while, it's a fun little feel-good read. There was a series that got a thread here once with the same sort of pitch (I think it was called Onidere?) that I thought was pretty mediocre, so my first reaction to YK was that it was that series but done with actual heart. I guess the artwork isn't that great but it works well enough.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Viz licensed Honey and another vampire manga.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nondevor posted:

There's no shame in liking comedic shoujo manga, which this one is turning out to be. :colbert: I admit that the actual Correct 5 is dull, but I love the fact that the main guy is a loser home-shopper.

Yeah, I think the little twist about the main guy being really insecure is part of what's making me enjoy it more than the first one. It makes me more curious about how he'll act in the future and how their relationship will progress.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I've been letting a few months pass before checking out and reading whatever new Bonnouji's come out and I just found out it's over. WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Such a god damned shame. It's like the only romance story in the history of ever without a giant helping of BS that goes along with it. My life is again meaningless.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Bokura no Hentai is back baby. http://bato.to/read/_/308424/bokura-no-hentai_v7_ch26_by_hachimitsu-scans

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I've started kimi no todoke and it's pretty great so far. Kazehaya is kind of creepy though lol. I like yano and yoshida. I'm on volume three so far really glad they're available on comixology

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

New chapter of Ohana Holoholo

Choo, choo, all aboard the drama train.

Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut
I like that the author is tying lots of past plot threads together. From skimming my copy of the volume, the story is going to REALLY interesting places so I'm excited to see the rest of it.
We get the reappearance of an incidental character from a previous chapter, chapter 16, where he seemed unusually upset with Marika over the whole queer/trans thing... and now he seems particularly bothered compared to the rest of the class. conflicted, maybe?
And then there's the girl in home ec...

I love how straightforward and aggressive Akane is. So far there have been a handful of scenarios where you'd expect her to be at the center of drama, but she usually defuses it right away.

EDIT: One of my favorite parts of Volume 7 (I don't think this is a spoiler, it's from one of the between-chapter sketch pages):

Kaelan Zero fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 5, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

That was a good chapter. For some reason I'd gotten it into my head it was over so I'm glad it's still ongoing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Started reading a (very light) yuri comedy manga called Comprehensive Tovarisch, it's fairly amusing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That has something to do with mechs or tanks or the like right? I think I bookmarked it ages ago, but never actually started reading.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah, it's just school hijinks. I think I remember the series you're talking about but not the name.

Edit: Googling 'yuri tanks' just gets me lots of Red Alert 2 pages. :v:

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 5, 2015

coathat
May 21, 2007

Tandem lover

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

coathat posted:

Tandem lover

Yep that's it. No idea how I combined them.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Demon Prince of the Momochi House is getting updates again, if "plucky normal girl ends up living with a stable of hot supernatural guys" is a thing you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Razzled posted:

I've started kimi no todoke and it's pretty great so far. Kazehaya is kind of creepy though lol. I like yano and yoshida. I'm on volume three so far really glad they're available on comixology

Oh cool, i had no idea they had it as well. I got all mine on Viz.

Anyway, KnT owns: Sawako owns, Yano owns Yoshida owns.

(I know you're reading the manga, not watching the anime, but oh well)