Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RDJ's interaction with the kid was great, the kid was just a weak actor so it dragged that part down a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Uh, guys? There's always been a cute kid in Lucifer, she's pretty loving important too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Uh, guys? There's always been a cute kid in Lucifer, she's pretty loving important too.

I've only read a couple of Lucifers outside of Sandman, who is it?

Also Calista Flockhart, who apparently still exists, is going to be Supergirl's Anna Wintour boss in the series.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

zoux posted:

I've only read a couple of Lucifers outside of Sandman, who is it?

Also Calista Flockhart, who apparently still exists, is going to be Supergirl's Anna Wintour boss in the series.

Elaine Belloc

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Flockhart's apparently doing it as a favour to Berlanti, because they enjoyed working together on Brothers & Sisters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

jscolon2.0 posted:

Elaine Belloc

Although I doubt she'll end up taking over as capital G God by the end of the series.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

Elaine Belloc

The cute kid in the pilot is named Trixie and seems to be a normal human child.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Supergirl series has started looking for Superman. So he's definitely in it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So what are the chances of Supergirl being in the same continuity as Arrowverse now that Supes is all but confirmed?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I reckon they'll go for a kind of alternate universe angle; the CW will be Earth 1 and CBS will be Earth 2.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Wheat Loaf posted:

I reckon they'll go for a kind of alternate universe angle; the CW will be Earth 1 and CBS will be Earth 2.

That's the safest route. And since they already are open to time travel and mentioning a Crisis on The Flash, I am betting that The Flash show will be the bridge for any crossovers that they may plan in the future, which is fine by me.

I kind of hope they have a Jay Garrick on Supergirl now.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

Hopefully this can only lead to the Supergirl show introducing a Jay Garrick and then we eventually get a Flash of Two Worlds crossover

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That casting calls for a "body double". It could mean Superman is only seen from a distance or as a silhouette or something.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Am I the only one who's a little less excited for the show after hearing that? I don't mind this series being in a different continuity than the CW universe, but having there already be a Superman flying around doing Superman things -- instead of having Supergirl be "the Superman" of this continuity -- makes her a little less...important, I guess. More second-fiddly, like she's just there to take care of the stuff that's not significant enough for Superman to take heed of. And I'm suddenly wary of this show being all about the Superman intrigue instead of being about Supergirl.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

BrianWilly posted:

Am I the only one who's a little less excited for the show after hearing that? I don't mind this series being in a different continuity than the CW universe, but having there already be a Superman flying around doing Superman things -- instead of having Supergirl be "the Superman" of this continuity -- makes her a little less...important, I guess. More second-fiddly, like she's just there to take care of the stuff that's not significant enough for Superman to take heed of. And I'm suddenly wary of this show being all about the Superman intrigue instead of being about Supergirl.

They might pull a Birds of Prey and only mention/show him in the pilot.

Although I'm with you and would prefer it be 'just' Supergirl.

Or even better, if it had been Power Girl and no mention of Super- anything.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

The show was always described as Supergirl trying to find her own place in the world and her own identity while being Superman's cousin.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I wouldn't be surprised if he's just mentioned/shown briefly in the pilot simply to give people who aren't comic book fans some kind of reassurance/obvious clue that yes, she is in fact related. Like MSJ pointed out above the casting call is specifically for a body double, so my pulled-out-of-my-rear end oddly-specific guess is that they'll just have fake news footage going on a TV in the background or something that shows him fighting and talks about Superman saving the day again that Supergirl walks by or looks at and gets frustrated over.

And I know they're keeping the TV and movie universes separate, but introducing Superman in any meaningful way on the show still seems like it'd be crossing the streams just a bit too much, especially if the TV show actually ends up being popular.

e: And as I say that I realize that Superman Returns came out while Smallville was going on so welp, nevermind about all that. Will be interesting to see if they change anything depending on how well or poorly Dawn of Justice does though. I can see them maybe shoe-horning Henry Cavill into a one-episode cameo if the movie does well just to keep their momentum going and possibly prop the show up a bit.

VDay fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Feb 25, 2015

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
My fear is that, by simply acknowledging the fact that Superman exists and is a well-known hero in this storyline, at some point all the nerds are gonna be all "When's Superman gonna appear on the show? Will Superman appear eventually? When's Superman gonna appear? Maybe for the finale? Will Lois appear? When's Superman gonna appear? Second season? When's Lex Luthor going to appear? When's Superman gonna appear?" and the network and showrunners themselves will probably be drawing it out and milking it for all its worth (hello, Gotham), and all the while Supergirl plays opening act crowdwarmer for another character on her own show. And the thing is that the longer he doesn't appear, the more contrived it actually is, because we're gonna run out of explicable excuses for his absence sooner rather than later if he's really Supergirl's cousin and they're both flying around being superheroes.

Or maybe he's dead in this universe and she's taking up his mantle. That'd be great. Except in this case the rallying cry becomes "When's Superman gonna come back to life?"

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

BrianWilly posted:

Or maybe he's dead in this universe and she's taking up his mantle. That'd be great. Except in this case the rallying cry becomes "When's Superman gonna come back to life?"

It's all a huge fake-out and Kara-El is sent away from a dying Krypton in a pod designed b Jor-El. There is no Superman and thousands of nerd heads explode when they realize he's been Starbuck'd :getin:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah having the lead play second fiddle to a character who isn't even in the show kills my interest a whole bunch. In sure it was probably mandated by CBS but it was a dumb decision.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

greatn posted:

Yeah having the lead play second fiddle to a character who isn't even in the show kills my interest a whole bunch. In sure it was probably mandated by CBS but it was a dumb decision.

You really think CBS, who does not own Superman, would tell Warner Bros. that they cannot put Superman, a character that they own fully and who is one of the most famous superhero characters world wide, into the show CBS will air in a primetime slot on their own network? If they did that to themselves they would possibly be the most incompetent executives and producers of all time.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ToastyPotato posted:

You really think CBS, who does not own Superman, would tell Warner Bros. that they cannot put Superman, a character that they own fully and who is one of the most famous superhero characters world wide, into the show CBS will air in a primetime slot on their own network? If they did that to themselves they would possibly be the most incompetent executives and producers of all time.

No the opposite, I think they said we're only interested in picking up this show if Superman is in the world

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

greatn posted:

No the opposite, I think they said we're only interested in picking up this show if Superman is in the world

OH ok, that makes sense. My bad. I misread what you wrote as saying that CBS mandated that Superman not actually be a character on the show. Because I don't see CBS execs saying "No we don't want Superman actually on our network, just give us the young cousin."

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 25, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Isn't Fox doing the 'We ain't making a Batman show with no Batman" thing why we have babby Bruce in Gotham?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue DeConnick have signed a development deal with Universal to adapt their creative owned works and new projects. First is a Sex Criminals TV series.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/matt-fraction-kelly-sue-deconnick-deal-universal-tv-sex-criminals-comic-series-1201380723/

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I can't see any of their other stuff making it to air without vast changes. Well, mmmmaybe Satellite Sam. But Casanova, ODY-C, Pretty Deadly and Bitch Planet all have fairly big hurdles.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
ODY-C wouldn't be too bad. I thought he wrote it for his daughter so she could have an adventure story.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Even Netflix is an option. There's lots of nudity in Orange is the New Black and Marco Polo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

I can't see any of their other stuff making it to air without vast changes. Well, mmmmaybe Satellite Sam. But Casanova, ODY-C, Pretty Deadly and Bitch Planet all have fairly big hurdles.

Casanova wouldn't be super hard to do. It's basically just a spy version of that part of Fringe where the main character ended up in the evil universe only backwards. It will totally live or die based on it's production design.

I love the idea of there being a TV show named Bitch Planet.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I suppose I was thinking of that one arc where Cass's sister goes undercover with the evil fat dude and gets into orgies and loving him in the theatre just so she can kill him or something? (Honestly, I think Fraction sacrifices coherence for 'cool' a lot of the time when he's working on his own stuff.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

I suppose I was thinking of that one arc where Cass's sister goes undercover with the evil fat dude and gets into orgies and loving him in the theatre just so she can kill him or something? (Honestly, I think Fraction sacrifices coherence for 'cool' a lot of the time when he's working on his own stuff.)

Cool over coherence is my favorite part of Casanova.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Lookit that smug motherfucker.

He's perfect.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's an album of the Empire promo pics
http://imgur.com/a/pzPc7

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
:colbert: I'll just read the article when my copy comes in.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Wheat Loaf posted:

What universe are the movies?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

teagone posted:

What universe are the movies?

Johns has literally pretty much stated the Earth 1/Earth 2 thing relating to the movies, actually.

Also, this is a thing?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

quote:

The expansion of DC Comics on the small screen continues today as Deadline reports that a new series is in the works over at The CW, planned to spin off of “Arrow” and “The Flash”. There’s even a list of familiar actors and actresses planned to reprise their roles on the new show, but please be aware, one of the names constitutes a potential major spoiler.

The spoiler name is Caity Lotz.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/arrow-flash-spin-off-cw-new-superhero-series-1201382466/

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Some people are speculating it's going to be an anthology show, kind of BatB for TV. I dunno how else that announcement makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Some people are speculating it's going to be an anthology show, kind of BatB for TV. I dunno how else that announcement makes sense.

If each episode opens with Garber eating pizza in a baggy t-shirt and sweatpants, before going into a Doc Brown rant about the Atom, or Captain Cold, that'd be great.