Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Didn't you return a N3DS because your eyes and brain are broken?

Poke fun all you want but Nintendo uses poo poo screens, m8

One screen yellow-tinted the other's fine, horrible backlight bleeding, poo poo trapped under the screen on brand new devices. These are all common complaints found online going back from the DS Lite and still to today.

The sooner you admit this the sooner you can be miserable, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

One screen yellow-tinted the other's fine, horrible backlight bleeding, poo poo trapped under the screen on brand new devices. These are all common complaints found online going back from the DS Lite and still to today.

Mine looks perfect, sorry you are bad at picking the right box in the lottery of life.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

noirstronaut posted:

The main draw of a DSTWO for someone with a new 3DS is the ability to play SNES and GBA games, I'd imagine. I want one solely to play All-Stars and Earthbound on the go.

i know this was a couple of days ago but the DStwo doesn't run some SNES games well at all. Earthbound and All-Stars are good but I know Yoshi's Island and SMRPG run like poo poo for example

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Flint_Paper posted:

I've found a guy selling (UK) Link Between Worlds codes on eBay for ~£20 - is there any chance that these aren't legit/have beeen acquired through dishonest means? He seems to have been trading for a while and his feedback is largely positive. Just a little worried that he's Up To No Good somehow.

There's a flash deal for a day for £19.95 for a physical copy here.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Bombadilillo posted:

Mine looks perfect, sorry you are bad at picking the right box in the lottery of life.

Evidently his dad didn't pick the right box either.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bombadilillo posted:

Mines hosed too

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

strap on revenge posted:

i know this was a couple of days ago but the DStwo doesn't run some SNES games well at all. Earthbound and All-Stars are good but I know Yoshi's Island and SMRPG run like poo poo for example

That sounds like a marketing decision.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Oh yeah I forgot you were so retarded and scared you couldn't play pirated 3DS games that you returned it in fear :lol:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I dont know about that guy but I am pretty mad that the thing I bought brand new has a weird backlight and the screens are different colors. DOesn't really seem petty to me imho

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The top screen isn't supposed to be more yellow? Mine sure is.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'm glad mine is perfect as hell and also limited edition

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

lol @ everyone too stupid to not break a toy made for children

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol @ nintendo for loving up low rez led screens in tyool 2015.

Also lol @ them loving up powder coating and proper assembly cleanup in tyool 2015, poo poo that was nailed during the industrial revolution.

If nintendo was anybody but nintendo, they would be a laughing stock, but the games own and the 3ds is more than the sum of its parts so here we are

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

epitasis posted:

Hey uhh is there any good way to get black shards in Theatrhythm Curtain Call? I don't even want dumb Sephiroth I just want to have all the characters unlocked. From googling it seems like the only reliable way is to trade maps with somebody on Gamefaqs in 2014. Anyone have a quest map with a bunch of black shards I can snag? Thanks~

I don't think any have "a bunch", more like one or two, and you can find them often enough on your own. Just keep beating high level maps and you'll find new ones, sometimes even from a song rather than the boss. Use the airship to speed through the bullshit maps if needed.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

also someone posted a link to that new 3ds xl grip from eachmall a while back; I ordered one a few weeks ago and it arrived just now

it's not like, xbox 360 controller comfortable, but it's definitely an improvement and fits really well

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Do you have a DSTWO? You don't want it. Sell it to me.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

Do you have a DSTWO? You don't want it. Sell it to me.

yes. no.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

strap on revenge posted:

also someone posted a link to that new 3ds xl grip from eachmall a while back; I ordered one a few weeks ago and it arrived just now

it's not like, xbox 360 controller comfortable, but it's definitely an improvement and fits really well

Does it fit in your pocket? Which pocket do you put it in?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What snes emulator are you using?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Looper posted:

Does it fit in your pocket? Which pocket do you put it in?

it;s like it's not even there

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What snes emulator are you using?

CATSFC

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Welp. Thread's been solved. What else is there to post?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

strap on revenge posted:

it;s like it's not even there

What I picture whenever someone says "fits just fine"

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Son of a bitch. System transfer ate my loving puzzle pieces. It was the only goddamn thing I went into that stupid app for.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

5er posted:

Son of a bitch. System transfer ate my loving puzzle pieces. It was the only goddamn thing I went into that stupid app for.

Look at it this way - now you're free from the eternal unending futility that is trying to complete those drat puzzles.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

5er posted:

you could always set up homepass and get hundreds of pieces with 0 effort

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Got the Waterfield suede jacket today. Looks alright and it fits snug. I like it though I wish it was like the foof pods when they made them for DS Lite (still have it though I don't have a Lite anymore) back in the day.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Guys guys guys, I'm on the tram on my way to work and the guy next to me is playing 3DS.

It's an OG model though, not a New.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Got the Waterfield suede jacket today. Looks alright and it fits snug. I like it though I wish it was like the foof pods when they made them for DS Lite (still have it though I don't have a Lite anymore) back in the day.

How long after you purchased it did it take to arrive? I'm considering the cityslicker case myself.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

TheHouseofM posted:

How long after you purchased it did it take to arrive? I'm considering the cityslicker case myself.

Just the weekend. They're in San Francisco and I'm down south.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Have we had anybody who has had their system transfer fail and lose their old save data? Have we heard any solutions to that save data transfer failure? I hear the old system gets formatted. Asking for a friend.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The solution with something like that is basically always "call Nintendo".

What customer service most likely do is get the NNID linked to the new system, which will restore download rights to anything that was bought on the eShop, but won't preserve save data.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yeah, it's the save data that's the thing, and even when the system transfer fails it still seems to nuke that, which is a huge problem.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Would copying it to a pc before hand solve that?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Fix posted:

Have we had anybody who has had their system transfer fail and lose their old save data? Have we heard any solutions to that save data transfer failure? I hear the old system gets formatted. Asking for a friend.
You could try playing the Song of Time and starting it again.

Otherwise your friend is probably boned. The Source system does get formatted, so if the saves didn't transfer for some reason, they'll likely be gone. I'm not sure if you can cancel the format if it fails. Didn't someone here post a photo of that situation? I think they said that even though it said it failed, the licenses and saves had transferred. Maybe powering the Source system off will stop the format.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Welp, at least the Pikmin animation was cute as it tossed out hundreds of hours of data. Good stuff.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Would copying it to a pc before hand solve that?

Totally. Hindsight and whatnot.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Fix posted:

Totally. Hindsight and whatnot.

Was not trying to be a dick was just curious if copying before hand could be restored because I don't know if it would Nintendo is so inept on this stuff I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Haruharuharuko posted:

Was not trying to be a dick was just curious if copying before hand could be restored because I don't know if it would Nintendo is so inept on this stuff I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

He says he didn't backup because Nintendo's reputation, and I asked him to confirm the formatting worked, but I have yet to hear back on that.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

irlZaphod posted:

Guys guys guys, I'm on the tram on my way to work and the guy next to me is playing 3DS.

It's an OG model though, not a New.

Wait did you accidentally get on a train for casuals?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

You are A Rad Dude and I've just gone for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

epitasis posted:

Hey uhh is there any good way to get black shards in Theatrhythm Curtain Call? I don't even want dumb Sephiroth I just want to have all the characters unlocked. From googling it seems like the only reliable way is to trade maps with somebody on Gamefaqs in 2014. Anyone have a quest map with a bunch of black shards I can snag? Thanks~

Every time you play against someone in online multiplayer you get their Proficard whether you win or lose, and you can grab whichever quest medley map they've attached to it from the Proficard list. It's by far the easiest way as they often tend to have black shards in 'em and since they've already been cleared the acquired rewards are already visible for you.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Feb 24, 2015