Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Speaking of marines and unicorns:

Sparklelord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Pierzak posted:

Again, why is this in the bad models thread?

Obviously becaus ea marine in power armour would be much to heavy for any animal to carry, duh

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Obviously becaus ea marine in power armour would be much to heavy for any animal to carry, duh

However, this is a magical raptor and therefore exempt from your rules, check and mate :smug:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Pierzak posted:

Again, why is this in the bad models thread?

Because they didn't clean those mold lines!!!!!!

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Speaking of marines and unicorns:

I love how much this works because Space Marine proportions make more sense for a horse-man than a human.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Colonial Air Force posted:

Because they didn't clean those mold lines!!!!!!

This. This is why.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I don't like the head, but it could work on a CSM with some more red.

I don't remember is this has been posted already:

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Fuckers keep posting in the wrong thread.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Exinos posted:

Fuckers keep posting in the wrong thread.

It unspires me from painting ever because I could literally never be that good. So I guess that's kind of the right thread?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Mods rename this thread to Best and the Worst: Painting and Modelling (Un)Inspiration.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

JcDent posted:

I don't like the head, but it could work on a CSM with some more red.

I don't remember is this has been posted already:

my spirit animal

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

I don't even know what is going on here.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Gloss

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Attestant posted:

Oh, that's what happened to that tissue I carelessly littered back when I was 10 years old. Sorry, guys, had a sinus infection that year.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

the pose makes it look like its retching

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Are you not?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Attestant posted:

The mount isn't half bad. Base it a little better and you might have something.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

w00tmonger posted:

The mount isn't half bad. Base it a little better and you might have something.

Yeah, the beast legitimately looks like a good Nurgle paintjob or whatever, the rider is where it really falls off for me.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/Warhammer_Monsters/KAZYK-THE-BEFOULED-ON-ROT-BEAST.html

fyi

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

I really thought it was a weird conversion. Huh.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
It's been ten years since I've painted a mini. I took it up ages ago because I'm epileptic and have mild hand tremors, and it felt like it helped steady my hands. I've been reading this thread and the mini thread and because of them, I bought a box of tac marines and decided to go to town. When I first painted, I didn't have but the one brush and no clue how to thin my paints; now, I've actually got different detail brushes and know how to use washes and such.

My first mini in forever is not the prettiest thing, so it sort of fits this thread, and it may not even be that much better than my first ever mini I painted, but I'm proud of a few things on it at least. It's still a work in progress, but I was getting fed up with some of the problems I was causing myself.

One thing I did that hosed this sucker up was I held the drat thing by its legs, head, etc and doing so while I painted ended up rubbing paint off. And so I was patching it as I went along, and it ultimately made it chunky in places. I hadn't planned on basing these guys until AFTER they were painted but I think for my sanity and to have a better looking mini I'm going to have to, so I can hold it by the base. I still need to learn how to highlight and lowlight properly, too; it's such delicate brush work that I don't know if it's something I'll EVER be able to do, though. :saddowns:

Specifically, though, I'm proud of the gold aquilia on his chest and the scrollwork/skull on his power fist, though through that and the shoulderpad I also learned that dheneb stone is a loving bitch of a color to paint with. It shows brush strokes so easily, even when thinned, and I had to give it a coat or two and had to do patch painting because of the black. I'm also proud of the plasma gun so far, just for how cleanly I've done it; the blue paint I picked up to drybrush the coils turned out to be dried up so I gotta return it to the hobby shop. I still have details and such I need to finish, but I'm setting this one aside because of frustration and a need for a few other paints.

In comparison with my first model ever, I am actually kinda proud of the red one's eyes. I think, with some more practice and getting my brush in full control, I could actually make something that looks fairly nice. :v: Better than Blue Table, at least.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

You skulls and stuff are better than mine, really. This model should be in the painting thread, anyways, it's not that horrible.

Maybe except for mica red.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

JcDent posted:

You skulls and stuff are better than mine, really. This model should be in the painting thread, anyways, it's not that horrible.

Maybe except for mica red.

Really? poo poo, maybe I'm just hard on myself, cause I'm not that happy with the whole thing. I was trying to paint along to a video and it came out cruddy to me.

That and I used the wrong red, yeah.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:
Wrong thread, now I want to make a set of communist themed HQ choices for my Orks.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

TheOneOutside posted:

Wrong thread, now I want to make a set of communist themed HQ choices for my Orks.

Great. Now I have to get back into Warhammer/40k just so I can make some kind of Nationalist/RoC/Chiang Kai-sheck themed army in response to this one.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'm no painter, but I do like that aquila!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Well, red ones DO go faster...

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
What the hell is going on here? :nws: https://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/torku-bone-aberrant-1.html :nws:

"You know, this bone demon thing is pretty vicious but it's missing something..."

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Portrait of a Working Mom in Obama's America.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Dr. Clockwork posted:

What the hell is going on here? :nws: https://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/torku-bone-aberrant-1.html :nws:

"You know, this bone demon thing is pretty vicious but it's missing something..."

If that was a Reaper mini the titplate would be available for purchase separately.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dr. Clockwork posted:

http://www.mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_ysn_kys_mbs_501_000 Why is it so much more on coolminiornot?

Edit: Tits just seem to be a thing with that mini line? http://www.mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=cat&cre=dkl-ysn-kys

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Why is it that every time there is a minis line called "Dark [x]" it's basically SM/T&A "fantasy battles"? It's like an unofficial trigger word: "Dark" = "The basement where the nerds who buy this are secretly wanking over it."

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Because dark fantasy, duh. If you think that paladins are lame alignments are stupid (because everyone is evil) and your Heroes Journey lacks Vigorous loving, you turn to dark fantasy.

http://www.mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_ysn_kys_wld_001_000

I wonder who buys this one for 50 pounds. It might serve as a keeper of secrets, but then you're spending almost gw-bux on a non-gw product that Gw stores won't let you play and goons will assume that you masturbate to it.

JcDent fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 25, 2015

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

:australia:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

This is motivation. the gently caress is wrong with you

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

You too can print your own!

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

JcDent posted:

I wonder who buys this one for 50 pounds. It might serve as a keeper of secrets, but then you're spending almost gw-bux on a non-gw product that Gw stores won't let you play and goons will assume that you masturbate to it.

Why is this still an argument against using non-GW miniatures (badly sculpted tits and penises aside)?

GW stores are now one-man stores with only a tiny table or two for demo games and they don't organize events any more. Who gives a poo poo if GW won't "allow" you to play with non-GW models?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Not a viking posted:

Why is this still an argument against using non-GW miniatures (badly sculpted tits and penises aside)?

GW stores are now one-man stores with only a tiny table or two for demo games and they don't organize events any more. Who gives a poo poo if GW won't "allow" you to play with non-GW models?

IDK, really. Maybe because someone who'd spend that much money on an alt greater daemon would feel compelled to play in GW? Maybe I'm just wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
I hate every person who I've seen, or more accurately heard, convene at a GW.