Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Flu Season had the funniest line of Rob Lowe's career and it's just 2 words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
There's so many awesome moments, but the entire Li'l Sebastian memorial service, especially Andy's first performance of 5,000 Candles, might be my single favorite scene in the show (if you count it all as one scene, anyway). So many great jokes crammed in there, while some how simultaneously managing to make the audience care about this utterly ridiculous spectacle being put on.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The Lil Sebastian memorial might get my vote too. You get so many great moments with the supporting cast "YOUR EYES ARE GONNA PISS TEARS!", but you also get the sweet back-and-forth between Ben and Leslie.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

bowser posted:

Flu Season had the funniest line of Rob Lowe's career and it's just 2 words.

Are you referring to "Stop. Pooping."?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

bubblelubble posted:

Are you referring to "Stop. Pooping."?

Probably referring to the one time he says "Ann Perkins!"

:downs:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hcA8wFKhYY

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Narcissus1916 posted:

The Lil Sebastian memorial might get my vote too. You get so many great moments with the supporting cast "YOUR EYES ARE GONNA PISS TEARS!", but you also get the sweet back-and-forth between Ben and Leslie.

Agreed.

I have cried twice in my life. Once when I was seven and I was hit by a school bus. And then again when I heard that Li'l Sebastian had passed.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Ben NEVER getting the Lil Sebastian thing was always my favorite thing about Lil Sebastian. I think it works especially well because they had Chris get it completely. He as sad as anyone native to Pawnee that Lil Sebastian dies. Ben is literally the only person in the whole town that doesn't get what the big deal is

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I think my favorite joke was the map of all the atrocities that the citizens of Pawnee committed against the Wamapoke.

"The atrocities are in blue."

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Esquire has had a marathon on for the past 3 days. I forgot how much I loved the "flu season part 2"

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/april-and-andys-love-story-was-part-of-what-made-parks-and-rec-special#5rUhm2j2FORQXsw1.99
Another P&R essay from hitfix. This one focuses on Andy and April's relationship.

quote:

"There is a kindness to "Parks and Recreation" that makes it uncommon among TV shows, and I'm not sure there's anything quite this earnest that's come out of this modern wave of improv comic talent. Irony is easy. Cynicism is easy. Sincerity is dangerous and scary, and yet that's exactly what makes "Parks and Recreation" so special, and it's what I'll miss most."

Oh, the feels. Too many feels.

suddenlyissoon fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 24, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

What does everyone think the odds are of getting appearances from Chris/Ann/Mark or some combination thereof for the finale? (Or even just mentions of them, at least.)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Chris/Ann = very strong, Mark = not likely. The actor who played Mark really hated the character, but who knows.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

bobkatt013 posted:

Flu season

"Flu Season" is going to be this decade's Turkeys Away, mark my words.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

thexerox123 posted:

What does everyone think the odds are of getting appearances from Chris/Ann/Mark or some combination thereof for the finale? (Or even just mentions of them, at least.)

I remember reading before the season aired that the Nurse and Chris will appear. It would make sense for it to be in the last episode.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I bet Mark will show up for sure. That seems like the exact kind of weird cameo they would pull out in the series finale. I just hope to see Dan Castellaneta, but that probably won't happen. The radio scenes are some of my absolute favourites.

"A bat signal for listeners who might not know refers to the children's character "The Bat-Man", a strong gentleman who fights crime, nocturnally"

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 24, 2015

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

thexerox123 posted:

If you really wanna know... 99% sure there's going to be Ann and Chris tomorrow. I've read a few articles that say they're in the final season and we haven't seen them yet soooooo....

Also for favorite moments, not that I could pick a favorite or even a solid top ten, but Ben and Leslie getting back together in Smallest Park was maybe my favorite romantic reunion on TV ever. I watched that part so many times I could practically recite it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Annakie posted:

If you really wanna know... 99% sure there's going to be Ann and Chris tomorrow. I've read a few articles that say they're in the final season and we haven't seen them yet soooooo....

Also for favorite moments, not that I could pick a favorite or even a solid top ten, but Ben and Leslie getting back together in Smallest Park was maybe my favorite romantic reunion on TV ever. I watched that part so many times I could practically recite it.

Amy Poehler delivers the hell out of her lines in that scene

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
One of the favorite parts of the show that keep coming to my mind is during the hunting episode Leslie keep doing woman stereotypes in front of the ranger.

"I tripped over on my way to adjust my bra"
"Bitch be crazy"

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Annakie posted:

Ben and Leslie getting back together in Smallest Park was maybe my favorite romantic reunion on TV ever. I watched that part so many times I could practically recite it.

There's a lot of sitcom drama that doesn't fit in well or is just outright forced, but they nailed it so well. This show got so many things right.

If we're talking favorite moments it's hard to choose. Ron avoiding the lady complaining by spinning in circles as she chases him, any of Benny's moments, most of the Snake Juice episode, and Ben and Leslie getting drunk and about to get tattoos...

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Last Chance posted:

Chris/Ann = very strong, Mark = not likely. The actor who played Mark really hated the character, but who knows.

Is that true? Why would that be the case? Is that why his character went to the private sector?

So many questions.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So I just checked...the final episode is only 30 minutes? That's kind of sad.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CelticPredator posted:

Wait really?! :smithicide:

I could've sworn they would at least do an hour long premiere. That's such a bummer.

edit: Wait, I just checked my DVR and it does seem to be an hour long show. 9 - 10.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I don't think it is? The NBC schedule has it for an hour.

It isn't two episodes tomorrow, it's one 2-part episode.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I guess mine is hosed up. It only says 9-9:30. I recorded The Voice as well. Maybe it got lumped in with that. gently caress it, I'll record the nightly news too. Just to be safe.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

CelticPredator posted:

I guess mine is hosed up. It only says 9-9:30. I recorded The Voice as well. Maybe it got lumped in with that. gently caress it, I'll record the nightly news too. Just to be safe.

Add on local news and Fallon. You can never be too careful!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm recording the infomercials too. You never know!

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
There has been an unsettling lack of Orin this season and I hope this is rectified in the finale.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Viridiant posted:

There has been an unsettling lack of Orin this season and I hope this is rectified in the finale.

Oh God. Yes. This. Orin needs to make a visit.

"No, Orin, I don't know how I'm going to die. Wait, are you asking me or telling me?"

Also, this:

"You forgot to paint a painting, son."

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 24, 2015

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Speaking of crying, I remember binging season 1 and 2 of the show in like two days and telling a friend "Its a good show, I laugh a lot, but I haven't cried once to it."

And then I got to April and Andy's wedding. Every time the first few notes of April Come She Will I tear up. Every single time.

I'm also fond of Leslie's "I love you and I like you." wedding vows. That's such a simple and beautiful statement.

Goddamn I'm going to miss this.

In my dream series finale all I want is one more performance by MouseRat, but I doubt we'll make it that far.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
I would love to see everyone get drunk again (e.g Snakehole Lounge and Leslie + Ben's wedding) but that's probably not sentimental enough.

It's okay - I'll get drunk for them :negative:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm so not ready for this, everyone.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Characters on TV aren't a substitute for real life friends and family.

Just felt that needed pointing out.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Based on the season so far, I hope tonight is just an hour long of ultimate fan service bringing back every single character who hasn't appeared so far. I just want an hour of absolute dumb fun. I'm gonna guess they probably had time to get an RIP Harris sign card for the end too, which will probably make me cry like a 7 year old kid who got hit by a school bus.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

Characters on TV aren't a substitute for real life friends and family.

Just felt that needed pointing out.
I married Alf, and we're pretty happy.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Based on the season so far, I hope tonight is just an hour long of ultimate fan service bringing back every single character who hasn't appeared so far. I just want an hour of absolute dumb fun. I'm gonna guess they probably had time to get an RIP Harris sign card for the end too, which will probably make me cry like a 7 year old kid who got hit by a school bus.

It sounds like there will be an actual tribute after the episode. Reading the Tweets from the P&R crew has been a huge bummer.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FactsAreUseless posted:

I married Alf, and we're pretty happy.

That sounds nice.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Though many contenders I think that End of the World is my favorite Parks episode. All the Zorp/reasonablists, the culmination of Entertainment 720, and Andy's bucket list. Particularly, the moment that Andy and April walk out of the car and up the rim of the Grand Canyon may be my favorite moment of the show.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
While "Stop. Pooping" is indeed amazing, I think my all-time favorite P&R line will always be Adam Scott's delivery of "Yeah, she died like 20 minutes later."

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
End of the World is an all-time best. Fancy Party might be my personal favourite but I don't know there are so many greats. I even love the Venezuelans episode (and hey, if this starts a debate on the merits of that episode, at least we got one more in before the show is over :))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Nate RFB posted:

While "Stop. Pooping" is indeed amazing, I think my all-time favorite P&R line will always be Adam Scott's delivery of "Yeah, she died like 20 minutes later."

I love that part for Ben, crushed, surrendering to obnoxious harpsichord music next to an overexcited Gerry.

• Locked thread