Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

goldjas posted:

I wonder if anyone has data mined what the Zodiac Zetas look like yet, I want my ridiculous glow back. Also what's up with naming it Zodiac Zeta, what about all the other letters of the greek alphabet?

The next step will be Zodiac Zeta Top and it will make you into a sharp dressed man, its the crowning achievement of the localization team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Looking forward to Zodiac Double Zeta in 2.55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4keDr0EVuI

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I'm going to catch up on Better Call Saul while the servers are down, maybe try logging in once I'm done. What time are they back up?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

quote:

Zodiac Weapon Zeta will only take you a week of daily roulettes to make, says YoshiP.

They said calling the weapons "Mahatma" didn't feel right so they called it "Zeta" instead (and joked about Gundam of course). Yoshida commented that people shouldn't be worried about this step being too large and that it's actually easily achievable ("There's probably gonna be people with one tomorrow"). 3.0 is coming soon so they want you to be able to get this out of the way. If you only take it easy and do dailies, like for capping poetics, you'll be able to do this in a week or so of roulettes or as you gather your Triple Triad cards.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Looking forward to Zodiac Double Zeta in 2.55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4keDr0EVuI

Zeta was a much better show.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

patch up on ps4

1.14 GB

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I'm going to catch up on Better Call Saul while the servers are down, maybe try logging in once I'm done. What time are they back up?

They're up in 2:20.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Source?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Yoshi P reading the patch notes.

(past 37 minute mark) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geXcubC70NA

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
https://soundcloud.com/solracht/gold-saucer
https://soundcloud.com/solracht/chocobo-racing
https://soundcloud.com/solracht/chocobo-racing-2
https://soundcloud.com/solracht/tripletriad

all the music from this patch (I'm assuming)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Neither of those chocobo songs are death metal, for shame.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

cheetah7071 posted:

Neither of those chocobo songs are death metal, for shame.

Guess they didn't think we could ride this chocobo. :(

(that being said, I do like both of them.)

e: spoilers are the ???? cards

tl;dr it's the Dissidia portraits of

Warrior of Light (FF1)
Firion (FF2)
Onion Knight (FF3)
Cecil (FF4)
Bartz (FF5)
Terra (FF6)
Cloud (FF7)
Squall (FF8)
Zidane (FF9)
Tidus (FF10)
Shantotto (FF11)
Vaan (FF12)
Lightning (FF13)

amaranthine fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 24, 2015

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

so much nostalgia. The race music is pretty much straight up ff7 race music if I'm not mistaken. obviously gold saucer is the same, and triple triad seems mighty similar as well... I'm certainly not complaining =D

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'm hoping the gold saucer introduces a giant slew of chocobo jockey roleplayers

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
i'm losin it over here

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Finally gave in and got the game. Does anyone have a referral code?

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Unguided posted:

XWZ2WDCE

\/\/\/ edit: how can you tell? Don't think anyone used mine =(

Munion fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Feb 24, 2015

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

^^^ You should get an email to the address registered to your account saying if it gets used. (Though it won't be very clear by whom, or when, or if they ever actually end up subscribing)

Unguided posted:

No, use mine! :frog:

HNU8GHQK

edit: I think someone just used it?

Nill fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Feb 24, 2015

mortisXL
Jan 23, 2004
$297? More like $287!! LOL!

I wasn't prepared for chocobo racing 2. It's so wonderful

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
It's up.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

he speaks truth.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
queue to get in immediately, hah.

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

MrMortisland posted:

I wasn't prepared for chocobo racing 2. It's so wonderful

I think it might be scientifically impossible not to smile while this is playing.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Kettlepip posted:

I think it might be scientifically impossible not to smile while this is playing.

Likely.

Also those Chocobo Racing songs have been remastered, if subtly - they're definitely straight from previous FFs, but the instrumentation is cleaner than what a PS1 would be capable of.

Shuffle or Boogie is straight off the FFVIII OST, though :v:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Has anyone datamined the list of cards, with their types and their stats? I need them for, uh, educational purposes.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SpaceDrake posted:

Likely.

Also those Chocobo Racing songs have been remastered, if subtly - they're definitely straight from previous FFs, but the instrumentation is cleaner than what a PS1 would be capable of.

Straight outta FF VII, yep.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Oh my god it's beautiful.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
This is the coolest thing ever put into an mmo.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Sooo...at what level do I get to blow my kitty kat princess' savings on gambling?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Well, the game completely shat itself when I was loading into a duty and now I just sit on the loading screen.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

Sooo...at what level do I get to blow my kitty kat princess' savings on gambling?

15. In Ul'Dah!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
But people in that city told not me to spend all my money and run around in my knickers. Why would they lie?!

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

poptart_fairy posted:

But people in that city told not me to spend all my money and run around in my knickers. Why would they lie?!

Technically you can't spend all your money. You can only "buy-in" on Gold Saucer currency if you've got a very low quantity of it.

They really went all-out to both satisfy anti-gambling laws and provide a hearty "gently caress you" to the gillsellers.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i had to turn the music off. if there's one thing that will keep me from wasting all my time there it'll be the constant drone of the gold saucer music. it's like being stuck listening to it's a small world, but literally forever

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Velthice posted:

i had to turn the music off. if there's one thing that will keep me from wasting all my time there it'll be the constant drone of the gold saucer music. it's like being stuck listening to it's a small world, but literally forever

It is not a particularly good arrangement, no. I could listen to the FF7 version all day, but this gets grating after like, two minutes.

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

Tried to queue for Expert Roulette... Powerful mistake.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Triple Triad might actually be fun when you finally get cards that don't blow poo poo chunks and every single NPC I've faced has God tier compared to you. The payout for playing isn't even worth it. I can challenge with my poo poo cards and lose a billion times or I can do Chocobo racing, get a decent amount of points, and I actually had a great winning streak going.

Chocobo racing. Super fun. Triple triad? Not so much right now. Gotta figure out a good way to get non-poo poo cards.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

RanchoRube posted:

Tried to queue for Expert Roulette... Powerful mistake.

I tried to queue into a Syrcus Tower and am now stuck in loading screen limbo for the foreseeable future.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The Black Stones posted:

Chocobo racing. Super fun. Triple triad? Not so much right now. Gotta figure out a good way to get non-poo poo cards.

Buy additional cards from the NPC, or run dungeons/trials. I got this from Battle on the Big Bridge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
The Dance GATE is pretty interesting, but it has one significant problem: The NPCs don't have strong visual priority :negative: I failed it because I could only find Miqote and Roegadyn dancers in the giant pile of people, and I couldn't tell the difference between their emotes.

• Locked thread