Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

epitasis posted:

Hey uhh is there any good way to get black shards in Theatrhythm Curtain Call? I don't even want dumb Sephiroth I just want to have all the characters unlocked. From googling it seems like the only reliable way is to trade maps with somebody on Gamefaqs in 2014. Anyone have a quest map with a bunch of black shards I can snag? Thanks~
I have some Quest Medley maps with black shard rewards. In particular I have a premium map where both the Final Boss and one of the bosses during the quest give 3 black shards each, so that's 6 in one map. Got some other maps with blacks too. Add me on Skype (kennyman616) or hit me up on IRC (find me on synirc with the same nick as my forum name) and we could set up a game or two.

And if anyone needs white shards, I have a map with a total of 12 whites as rewards. Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Fix posted:

He says he didn't backup because Nintendo's reputation, and I asked him to confirm the formatting worked, but I have yet to hear back on that.

Now he learned the hard lesson about backing up: If the information is important, you back it up. (I remember my first lesson :smith:)

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Guys guys guys, I'm on the tram on my way to work and the guy next to me is playing 3DS.

It's an OG model though, not a New.

Did you whip it out and make him jealous?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

irlZaphod posted:

Guys guys guys, I'm on the tram on my way to work and the guy next to me is playing 3DS.

It's an OG model though, not a New.

There was a guy in my major who would end up in the same classes as me who would play his 3DS in class. He was tubby and greasy and played Pokemon I think. Streetpassing him felt dangerous, like is he gonna recognize my mii.........?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

After spending a bit with the nn3ds, I am really liking the speed and non-poo poo browser. I was playing oot last night, got stuck (I never played it on any other system, so gimme a break), popped out to the browser, got what I needed from youtube, back into the game, and all of it happened quickly with no waiting around!!

Holy poo poo we are truly living in the future :pcgaming:

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 24, 2015

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I refuse to believe that until I see a "Posted from my n3dsxl" under a post.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Anora posted:

I think we can get Nintendo to approve an Awful app. :shepface:

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Anora posted:

Me too.

Sent from my New Nintendo 3DSXL

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The series of releases. Guild01 is set of 4 games and 02 is another set.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_(series)

This reminded me that I want to play Aero Porter. Has anyone here tried it? Is it any good?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

5er posted:

Son of a bitch. System transfer ate my loving puzzle pieces. It was the only goddamn thing I went into that stupid app for.

Did you remember to copy the data from one SD card to the other? Because puzzle piece/mii plaza data doesn't transfer when you do the regular system transfer. I forgot that when I did it a year or two ago from my OG to XL.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The first Resident Evil: Revelations is really cheap on 3DS, is there any reason not to just get it instead of the PS3 port? I don't feel like turning my PS3 on these days since I got a PS4. :\

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

precision posted:

The first Resident Evil: Revelations is really cheap on 3DS, is there any reason not to just get it instead of the PS3 port?

Nope, it's perfectly fine and the best graphical showcase of the system. Plus, 3D. If you have a Nu3DS, the second stick works on the game, too.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

After spending a bit with the nn3ds, I am really liking the speed and non-poo poo browser. I was playing oot last night, got stuck (I never played it on any other system, so gimme a break), popped out to the browser, got what I needed from youtube, back into the game, and all of it happened quickly with no waiting around!!

you cheated, i'm revoking your game card

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

precision posted:

The first Resident Evil: Revelations is really cheap on 3DS, is there any reason not to just get it instead of the PS3 port? I don't feel like turning my PS3 on these days since I got a PS4. :\

The PS3 port and the PS4 console in general are poo poo trash garbage for idiots. Get it on the 3DS if you want 3D effects that own or PC if you want any enhancements.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The PS3 port and the PS4 console in general are poo poo trash garbage for idiots. Get it on the 3DS if you want 3D effects that own or PC if you want any enhancements.

So are you gonna get Bloodborne or not? Be honest.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Did you remember to copy the data from one SD card to the other? Because puzzle piece/mii plaza data doesn't transfer when you do the regular system transfer. I forgot that when I did it a year or two ago from my OG to XL.

I'm planning on upgrading in the next couple months. How do you get the purchases to go over when doing a copy/paste?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anora posted:

I have posted in this very thread with my n3dsxl. I'm going to start leaving flipnote replies

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
The new browser makes me really wish SA still employed anyone who knew how to code so we could maybe get a mobile stylesheet ever.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Fremry posted:

I'm planning on upgrading in the next couple months. How do you get the purchases to go over when doing a copy/paste?

Just read up on how to do the system transfer. You need to do the system transfer app, and follow it's instructions. It'll tell you to move the SD card at the end, in which time you can either just move the SD card to the new system, or in the case of an older 3DS/2DS to a N3DS, you copy all the data to your computer, then copy it back onto the micro sd instead.

Same process as upgrading your SD card, which I had done.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

The rear end Stooge posted:

The new browser makes me really wish SA still employed anyone who knew how to code so we could maybe get a mobile stylesheet ever.

Is it still in fashion to make jokes about Titan?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I'm about to break down and buy a NN3DSXL because the circle pad and left shoulder button on my current XL are loose and wiggly. But I own most of my games physically and I only get games digitally that are exclusively digital so do I need to invest in a larger micro SD card that the 4GB card the comes with it? I still have the original 4GB SD card in my current XL and I'm not even close to filling it up yet.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

spasticColon posted:

I'm about to break down and buy a NN3DSXL because the circle pad and left shoulder button on my current XL are loose and wiggly. But I own most of my games physically and I only get games digitally that are exclusively digital so do I need to invest in a larger micro SD card that the 4GB card the comes with it? I still have the original 4GB SD card in my current XL and I'm not even close to filling it up yet.

It's going to set you back all of about $20 for a 16GB microSD, and you're opening up the newXL anyway to copy stuff onto the preinstalled microSD. You may as well do it all in one go and never have to worry about it ever again.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

spasticColon posted:

Well just because the card is smaller in stature doesn't mean it's 4GB card holds less than the 4GB SD card.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Just read up on how to do the system transfer. You need to do the system transfer app, and follow it's instructions. It'll tell you to move the SD card at the end, in which time you can either just move the SD card to the new system, or in the case of an older 3DS/2DS to a N3DS, you copy all the data to your computer, then copy it back onto the micro sd instead.

Same process as upgrading your SD card, which I had done.

Thanks, I didn't realize that one of the steps in the system transfer was to move the SD card. Now I just need to find someone who wants to buy my OG 3DS.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

precision posted:

The ps3 port looks and plays like a 3ds game blown up. It's dual analog and all buy it does not feel good to control like every other resevil since 4 has felt.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
My buddy I hadn't seen in forever got up at 5 am and hit up Target so he could surprise me with one of those Majora's Mask 3DS consoles. It was a month after my birthday, so that's pretty much the best way to surprise the hell out of someone! I bought the digital version of Majora's Mask and while at first it felt dated I've quickly sunk back into that great feeling of discovery I had when I played it as a kid. Helps that I've forgotten almost everything about the game! Been really enjoying the system and I'm very impressed with how solid the 3D itself has been. Thinking about maybe picking up Luigi's Mansion since I remember loving the Gamecube one.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

enojy posted:

So are you gonna get Bloodborne or not? Be honest.

I don't need to wait for a bad port when the good version is on the N3DS and called Monster Hunter 4.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Incredulous Dylan posted:

My buddy I hadn't seen in forever got up at 5 am and hit up Target so he could surprise me with one of those Majora's Mask 3DS consoles. It was a month after my birthday, so that's pretty much the best way to surprise the hell out of someone! I bought the digital version of Majora's Mask and while at first it felt dated I've quickly sunk back into that great feeling of discovery I had when I played it as a kid. Helps that I've forgotten almost everything about the game! Been really enjoying the system and I'm very impressed with how solid the 3D itself has been. Thinking about maybe picking up Luigi's Mansion since I remember loving the Gamecube one.

The boss fights have had some changes done to them, and the Shiekah Stone inside the Clock Tower will point you to Heart Pieces out in the wild (as well as Stray Fairy locations in Temples if you can't find them even with the Great Fairy Mask). The Bomber's Notebook's a lot better too, because it tracks quite a bit more info and sidequests (pretty much anything that'll net you a Heart Piece from a person).

Also your buddy is a pretty good buddy indeed :allears:.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's going to set you back all of about $20 for a 16GB microSD, and you're opening up the newXL anyway to copy stuff onto the preinstalled microSD. You may as well do it all in one go and never have to worry about it ever again.

Well doesn't the system transfer move everything from the current SD card over to the new one in the new system? If not, that sucks because I don't have an SD or micro SD card reader for my computer. My Chromebook has an SD card reader but I don't know if that would work.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

spasticColon posted:

Well doesn't the system transfer move everything from the current SD card over to the new one in the new system? If not, that sucks because I don't have an SD or micro SD card reader for my computer. My Chromebook has an SD card reader but I don't know if that would work.

Nope, you gotta move them over manually. Most microSD cards come with an SD adapter, so any SD reader should do you fine.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Thinking about maybe picking up Luigi's Mansion since I remember loving the Gamecube one.

Luigi's Mansion is a masterpiece but even though my gf's mom loaned me the 3DS one for free I haven't really even felt compelled to play it much. :effort:

It's good and all but tread lightly, it's not nearly as awesome as the original. :\

Get Super Mario 3D Land instead is my advice. Best Mario platformer in a long time.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nope, you gotta move them over manually. Most microSD cards come with an SD adapter, so any SD reader should do you fine.

The system transfer gives you the option to move the SD content. It just takes forever and an rear end long.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Luigi's Mansion is fantastic so you should get it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

spasticColon posted:

You can if you do the wireless transfer and it takes forever from reports. Hour per gig forever.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

spasticColon posted:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Huh? A System Transfer totally will move everything from his old SD card to the Nu3DS micro SD card. I just did this last week, using the local wifi slow as hell way. :confused:

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

You can if you do the wireless transfer and it takes forever from reports. Hour per gig forever.

Well the only things I have on the SD Card are the Ambassador Program and the patch or update for Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

Edit: Maybe I'll just wait till my current XL breaks or a game I want to play requires a NN3DSXL if it's going to be this much of a pain in the rear end.

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 24, 2015

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Edit. Your situation will have barley any hassle.

spasticColon posted:

Well the only things I have on the SD Card are the Ambassador Program and the patch or update for Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

Then just do wireless when you transfer, top option, still will take a while so if you don't have 2 chargers make sure they don't die on you.

The wireless transfer should do everything, as in your start screen will look the exact same on the n3ds.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It's painless, it just takes a long time.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Edit. Your situation will have barley any hassle.

Then just do wireless when you transfer, top option, still will take a while so if you don't have 2 chargers make sure they don't die on you.

The wireless transfer should do everything, as in your start screen will look the exact same on the n3ds.

I only have one charger so its buy another charger or a card reader that will read SD and micro SD cards. Now I know why people have a love/hate relationship with Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The boss fights have had some changes done to them, and the Shiekah Stone inside the Clock Tower will point you to Heart Pieces out in the wild (as well as Stray Fairy locations in Temples if you can't find them even with the Great Fairy Mask). The Bomber's Notebook's a lot better too, because it tracks quite a bit more info and sidequests (pretty much anything that'll net you a Heart Piece from a person).

Also your buddy is a pretty good buddy indeed :allears:.

Dude's legit! I remember how excited he was when I gave him my cart for Majora's Mask after beating it like 15 years ago. Compound interest is a bitch ;). I've been trying to avoid all of the new helpful stuff in favor of randomly stumbling on everything to really give it that old school feeling. Already had one of those cycles where you are racing the last minute or so to get something done (chasing the deku butler with like 3 mins left). I'm definitely going to pick up Mansion now. I've got a copy of Animal Crossing, Mario 3D land and Fire Emblem (really liking the gameplay for this one). Tried looking up some Giant Bomb reviews of 3DS games but I get the impression there aren't many.

Incredulous Dylan fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 24, 2015