Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Rosalind posted:

Siegkrow posted:

Okay, I need help, I haven't been able to play since Jan. 1st, I login in the launcher, but when the game starts I get stuck in the Loading screen for 30 minutes followed by being thrown to the server selection screen with an "error Code 14, logged out due to inactivity", could anyone help?
I've tried flushing the DNS, removing and reapplying permissions on my antivirus and firewall, Deleting both antivirus and firewall, uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting PC and restarting the network, tried logging in in 3 different networks (My home's, my grandma's and my work's), nothing works. the only thing that I haven't tried is opening the required ports and I don't know how to do that.

Yikes. Did you try contacting support and posting in the support forums to see if that gets anything?

Not allowed to post in the support forums, and I live in a third world country so I can't call support. All in al, you peeps are my last hope.

What else I've tried: logging in a different account, Formating my PC. Didn't work either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Electrophotonic posted:

This eurogoon wants to know how well the game handles high ping when the poo poo hits the fan :v:

if your ping is consistent it seems to compensate well, it's when it spikes wildly that you can have some issues.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

ALL PRAISE THE CHICKEN GOD

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Siegkrow posted:

Not allowed to post in the support forums, and I live in a third world country so I can't call support. All in al, you peeps are my last hope.

What else I've tried: logging in a different account, Formating my PC. Didn't work either.

No one?

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 24, 2015

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Were all three of you network connections going through the same service provider?

Just in case they have blocked access for some weird reason. :confused:

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

are any of you good at galactic starfighter? How many fleet req points do you get in a game? I suck at it and only get 90-150 per.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I've had some problems with loading and stuff before. Back before I upgraded my computer i used to have to always keep SWTOR as the top layer on my screen, and close my browsers and stuff, or it'd take so long to load that it'd time me out. Had some fun times of joining PVP and then being kicked before it finished loading, so I'd go right back into another loading screen.

It doesn't really seem like the same problem, but I have no idea.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

phosdex posted:

are any of you good at galactic starfighter? How many fleet req points do you get in a game? I suck at it and only get 90-150 per.

Get the dailies/weeklies. Don't bother doing GSF without a daily. The reward from the quests dwarfs the match rewards.

(this is only true for fleet/ship req - the XP from GSF is pretty crazy and you'll outlevel most places quickly)

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I'm just curious what the guys at the top of scoreboard get.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
do a GIS for "swtor gsf victory" and you'll see some screenshots of reward screens. It's based on medals awarded, and even the ones who get 15+ medals only get about 120 fleet req. The intent is that you spend cartel coins to turn ship req into fleet req if the weekly reward isn't enough for you. (I assume you mean blue fleet req, not yellow ship req)

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Recently started playing and I have to say this game is pretty good.

a search turns out results of people with this problem having some success changing their windows system language from [freaky foreign language] to english.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Just Another Lurker posted:

Were all three of you network connections going through the same service provider?

Just in case they have blocked access for some weird reason. :confused:

No, 2 of them wre the same, but the third was a different one.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

lalaland posted:

a search turns out results of people with this problem having some success changing their windows system language from [freaky foreign language] to english.

Speaking of which, I found a random tip online that suggests that if you change your Windows system language to English (UK) as opposed to English (US) you wil get faster loading times. I am not 100% sure if it works but I went ahead and did it anywa

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Speaking of which, I found a random tip online that suggests that if you change your Windows system language to English (UK) as opposed to English (US) you wil get faster loading times. I am not 100% sure if it works but I went ahead and did it anywa

Didn't work, thanks anyway tho.

Edit: Creating another account and logging in from there didn't work either.

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 24, 2015

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

phosdex posted:

I'm just curious what the guys at the top of scoreboard get.

blowjobs and adoration from the plebes.

I made a character with an Arabic name and I say "Salaam" to people when I enter groups and warzones.

Been called an ISIS lover twice. One dude lost his poo poo, quit the group, and messaged me saying that my religion should die. I told him "Peace be upon you, brother" and ignored him. HE SWITCHED CHARACTERS to send my toon more hate. poo poo was hilarious.

I'm not Muslim or Islamic.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Just a heads up to everyone that the Gree Event started today. It's a really cool event and I recommend running it a few times. If you get enough of the Gray Helix components, you can buy legacy bound offhands so you can transfer offhand barrel/hilts/armorings.

Plus Xenoanalyst is a cool boss. Someone still actively playing should try to organize a kill or two on him. :)

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Okay I'm gonna try something out, the game stopped working in Jan 1st, gonna try to roll back the clock to Jan 1st 2014 and see if that does the trick.

Edit: Nope, doesn't even allow me to login witha different date.

Edit 2: Then again, I never did a Full Formatting, I just did the 8.1 thing that allowed me to keep some of my files instead of a full "return to factory standards". I just don't want to lose al of my poo poo...

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 24, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Siegkrow posted:

Okay I'm gonna try something out, the game stopped working in Jan 1st, gonna try to roll back the clock to Jan 1st 2014 and see if that does the trick.

Edit: Nope, doesn't even allow me to login witha different date.

Edit 2: Then again, I never did a Full Formatting, I just did the 8.1 thing that allowed me to keep some of my files instead of a full "return to factory standards". I just don't want to lose al of my poo poo...

I'm on my phone so it's harder to link, but if you Google "run traceroute to swtor servers" you'll find a few articles on how to see where your connection is getting hung up - won't necessarily fix it, but can help you figure out if the issue is your pc, your isp, or a hop along the way

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I love this games legacy system and my favorite part so far is playing dressup. Im working on the Cassus Fett set right now,just have to wait for individual pieces to pop up at affordable prices.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Medullah posted:

I'm on my phone so it's harder to link, but if you Google "run traceroute to swtor servers" you'll find a few articles on how to see where your connection is getting hung up - won't necessarily fix it, but can help you figure out if the issue is your pc, your isp, or a hop along the way

I checked it out and...I can't for the life of me understand how to do this.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Should I bother joining the goon group if I'm not playing hardcore?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
You get bonuses to xp and rep gain while part of a guild. The rep is largely irrelevant until endgame, but 10% xp is nice.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

randombattle posted:

Should I bother joining the goon group if I'm not playing hardcore?

You can help slowly coax us out of our non-social shells. There's some good conversation when there's enough of us on.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Khako posted:

You can help slowly coax us out of our non-social shells. There's some good conversation when there's enough of us on.

Yeah, most of the point of joining a guild is to not have to read gen chat ever again.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Vriess posted:

blowjobs and adoration from the plebes.

I made a character with an Arabic name and I say "Salaam" to people when I enter groups and warzones.

Been called an ISIS lover twice. One dude lost his poo poo, quit the group, and messaged me saying that my religion should die. I told him "Peace be upon you, brother" and ignored him. HE SWITCHED CHARACTERS to send my toon more hate. poo poo was hilarious.

I'm not Muslim or Islamic.

What's your name?
All my character names, and my legacy name, are Arabic and I've spoken some Arabic in flashpoints but I've never gotten any hate from it. Maybe I need to try it in warzones...

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Do it in /say of course. Especially in a same faction warzone after you kill some one.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah, most of the point of joining a guild is to not have to read gen chat ever again.

But I like to rail against liberal corruption in the Galactic Senate and the tyranny of Organacare in fleet chat.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

shadok posted:

But I like to rail against liberal corruption in the Galactic Senate and the tyranny of Organacare in fleet chat.

drat Emperor Obamatine for vetoing the Kashyyyk XL pipeline.

edit: I'm sick of all these Gamorrean-barrel spending projects put forward by the Sith Council. Billions of credits spent on some Lord's hyperbridge to nowhere on Mon Calamari.

Rosalind fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 25, 2015

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Funny that as soon as Satele becomes grandmaster her son just HAPPENS to get a cushy job in the SIS. Nepotism is rife within the Jedi Council. Sack her, Bar'senthor for Grandmaster.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, I decided to ust say gently caress it. I'm doing a full PC Formatting. (Well, actually I'm partitioning the drive to make a copy of all my important poo poo so I don't have to donwload it again and THEN I'm formatting the C disk)

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Funny that as soon as Satele becomes grandmaster her son just HAPPENS to get a cushy job in the SIS. Nepotism is rife within the Jedi Council. Sack her, Bar'senthor for Grandmaster.

On the other hand Darth Marr is awesome. Here's to hoping his rational and competent leadership continues and he doesn't become a future raid boss.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

On the other hand Darth Marr is awesome. Here's to hoping his rational and competent leadership continues and he doesn't become a future raid boss.

He takes off the mask and it was Malgus the whole time

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Ainsley McTree posted:

He takes off the mask and it was Malgus the whole time

Honestly, I'd be just fine with that. Malgus was smart, competent, he was forward thinking, he was ambitious without wanting to perpetuate stupidity.

Like, I've said it before and I'll say it again - the post 50 story should have been Malgus and the player characters finding out about the Emperor's true plan, and then Malgus seizing control of the Empire to oppose it. Because we all know that at some point the Emperor is going to wake up and become a raid boss for Imperials too.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

KittyEmpress posted:

Honestly, I'd be just fine with that. Malgus was smart, competent, he was forward thinking, he was ambitious without wanting to perpetuate stupidity.

Like, I've said it before and I'll say it again - the post 50 story should have been Malgus and the player characters finding out about the Emperor's true plan, and then Malgus seizing control of the Empire to oppose it. Because we all know that at some point the Emperor is going to wake up and become a raid boss for Imperials too.

I originally wrote that as a joke but the more I think about it, I wonder if that's what will actually happen. It's been a while since I played leveling content but do we hear about Malgus and Marr existing at the same time?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I haven't the faintest idea anymore if Marr ever pops in during Ilum. But never seeing the body always gives an opportunity to ~mysteriously~have those guys return, like Revan.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Does TNG boot people if they've been gone for a while? I just kind of play every once in a while and I don't want to get kicked.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Does TNG boot people if they've been gone for a while? I just kind of play every once in a while and I don't want to get kicked.

Ask someone to put something to that effect in your character's member note.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Conduit for Sale! posted:

As the guild fills up, officers will sort the list by "last played" and start kicking people from the bottom to make space. If you just log in once every couple weeks or so you'll be fine. I've never conducted a purge myself, but I know that if I were doing it, I wouldn't be bothering to read member notes and would probably miss one saying "don't kick me".

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

I originally wrote that as a joke but the more I think about it, I wonder if that's what will actually happen. It's been a while since I played leveling content but do we hear about Malgus and Marr existing at the same time?

I don't think they actually share screen time but Marr is definitely a Dark Council member (he's in the both the Inquisitor and Warrior finales) while Malgus is off doing his scheming. Marr was one of the Council members who signed the Treaty of Coruscant just before the timeline of the actual game starts.

Edit: and according to IMDB his voice is done by a man from the Bronx. :raise: Huh.

DrunkenGarbageCan fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grobo
Feb 6, 2001
I just re-subscribed but I haven't bought Revan expansion yet. Is it any good?

• Locked thread