Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Three Olives posted:

If they don't have the banks on board it is still going to be useless, sorry, I don't want to funnel all my transactions through a pre-paid debit card when I have a bank account and a credit card that I get points on.

Oh, I agree as well. Until I can actually use it as a virtual card, they might as well not even bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

The existing Google Wallet already works with a wide variety of credit cards. It works with all of mine, anyway.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Rastor posted:

The existing Google Wallet already works with a wide variety of credit cards. It works with all of mine, anyway.

There's 'work' and then there's work.

Google wallet currently 'works' with all credit cards because it's a proxy payment. You pay with phone, it bills google, google bills your credit card. That's a poo poo implementation though because it screws with stuff on the credit card end. Get extra perks buying fuel? Not anymore! Your card just sees a debit from Google, not Sunoco so the extra perks don't kick in. Want to cash in that extended year warranty on your $1500 TV that you bought through Wallet? You'll likely be up poo poo creek because your receipt will not match your statement so the claim will be denied.

I want native transactions on my card from Wallet before I would even consider using it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

All this new Google Wallet poo poo will probably never be available in Canada :(

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Rastor posted:

Sounds like something may be up with your "Google" app. Try clearing its settings, reverting app updates, etc.

See also: How to change the default search engine in Android

Uninstalling updates worked, thank you.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

From what I read before, the payment tokenization process that Apple Pay uses was created by the card brands, not Apple, and the tech is available to others (IIRC the exclusivity period with Apple was until the end of 2014).

With actual standardized processes in place for loading credit cards into devices, generating the token, and passing it into the payment network, then it's probably easier for Google Wallet to get banks on board.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

kitten smoothie posted:

From what I read before, the payment tokenization process that Apple Pay uses was created by the card brands, not Apple, and the tech is available to others (IIRC the exclusivity period with Apple was until the end of 2014).

With actual standardized processes in place for loading credit cards into devices, generating the token, and passing it into the payment network, then it's probably easier for Google Wallet to get banks on board.

The standard has been in place for a while, Google Wallet and Softcard use the same standard and have for years sans virtual card numbers, the issue has always been getting the banks to issue the tokens.

Honestly I don't know that they are any more willing to issue the tokens now than they were before, even with virtual card numbers, I think the Android eco-system is just too fragmented for them to want to take the support risk.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
The entire non-Apple mobile payment ecosystem is an omnishambles because everyone involved is fighting over who gets to keep a slice of the pie, without agreeing on who should actually make the pie or what should be in the pie, resulting in customers being served a cold, thin, greasy, half-baked turd slice and everyone else fighting over the crumbs

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CLAM DOWN posted:

All this new Google Wallet poo poo will probably never be available in Canada :(

We are years ahead of America in debit card tech, so who knows, but you're probably right.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014
I think users themselves are one of the biggest obstacles Google Wallet faces. Most Android owners don't even bother to enable Google Now, much less going through the steps to enable Wallet.

Google needs to find a way to create the same kind of zeal Apple inspires in their users. Facebook was flooded with poorly shot panorama pictures the moment it became available on iOS, despite the feature being available on Android since 2010. Same thing with Apple pay, an enthusiasm Google can't seem to generate in its users.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
For some reason, Google Now thinks my work (really the commuter parking lot at school) is different than what Google Maps (correctly) thinks. I tried to edit the Now version from the commute card, but it couldn't find the intersection I used for Maps. Is this just a case of :google:, or am I doing something wrong?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

hooah posted:

For some reason, Google Now thinks my work (really the commuter parking lot at school) is different than what Google Maps (correctly) thinks. I tried to edit the Now version from the commute card, but it couldn't find the intersection I used for Maps. Is this just a case of :google:, or am I doing something wrong?
Open the Google app, go to menu > customize > places

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Desk Lamp posted:

I think users themselves are one of the biggest obstacles Google Wallet faces. Most Android owners don't even bother to enable Google Now, much less going through the steps to enable Wallet.

Google needs to find a way to create the same kind of zeal Apple inspires in their users. Facebook was flooded with poorly shot panorama pictures the moment it became available on iOS, despite the feature being available on Android since 2010. Same thing with Apple pay, an enthusiasm Google can't seem to generate in its users.

Well Apple Pay supports like dozens and dozens of banks across hundreds of credit/debit cards while Google Wallet/Softcard supports like 6 total so maybe before we get all like "gently caress the Apple Sheep" we could ask that our poo poo actually works at all?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Desk Lamp posted:

Apple generates this enthusiasm by being a niche manufacturer of premium goods. Google can't have that because they sell (and license for others to sell) a commodity.

It's the same reason a BMW is the Ultimate Driving Machine and a Honda is a Honda.

I'm not saying there aren't smaller steps along the way that causes this case specifically. Obviously Google isn't selling phones, carriers and OEMs are. Google doesn't have a unified product line, they have an ecosystem. But in the end no matter the specifics it's because Apple and Google aren't even competing for the same thing.

Edit:

I should add that this is the one thing Samsung got right. They cargo culted Apple to an astounding degree but the one thing they got, whether by aping Apple or coming up with it themselves, is that they had to control their brand. They understood that they couldn't let carriers call identical phones something different on every carrier. They had to make sure that customers came into stores to buy a "Samsung" or a "Galaxy" and not a "Droid". Samsung's poo poo was was just as bad as everyone else's at the time so it's not like they were standing out through quality (the vibrant display on the Galaxy S probably helped though). What made them a success and every other OEM a failure was good brand positioning and it's the one thing they still do better than every Android OEM.

Really if their products had been good, not great but just passable, they probably wouldn't be in the position they're in. They have a lot of institutional and strategic problems but the biggest one is clearly overpromising and underdelivering on exactly the thing you're wanting right now: the hunger for the anti-Apple crowd to have a team to be on.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 24, 2015

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
It's a real stretch to call either Apple or BMW 'niche'

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

dissss posted:

It's a real stretch to call either Apple or BMW 'niche'
It's not when you're comparing their market share to Windows or Android, or Toyota and General Motors respectively which is my point.

Neither Apple nor BMW are trying to be the biggest computer or automaker in the world. In fact if they were it would hurt both their brands. They each have the followings they do because they aren't even attempting to be the largest company in the business they're in. They have their followings because they want to be the best at it. That's why their devotees love them.

They most certainly are niche, in every sense of the word. Their exclusivity is part and parcel with who they are and what they do.

Edit: BMW commands 2.3% of the US market.

OS X commands 8.16% of the global market.

iOS controls 12.3% of the global market.

They're certainly not trying be everything to everyone.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 24, 2015

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014
Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Apple or its users. I'm saying it's a remarkable effect that Google and it's partners should also seek to achieve.

Only a handful of nerds have ever even mustered the drive to try Wallet. On the Apple side, completely regular people, who are not even tech enthusiasts in the slightest, are trying out Apple Pay just because it's the hot new thing. Google, Samsung, Motorola and everyone else need to find a way to generate that kind of enthusiasm for their features.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Desk Lamp posted:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Apple or its users. I'm saying it's a remarkable effect that Google and it's partners should also seek to achieve.

Only a handful of nerds have ever even mustered the drive to try Wallet. On the Apple side, completely regular people, who are not even tech enthusiasts in the slightest, are trying out Apple Pay just because it's the hot new thing. Google, Samsung, Motorola and everyone else need to find a way to generate that kind of enthusiasm for their features.
I had a bunch of stuff typed out but I deleted it because maybe this will explain the bolded part and why you won't get this on Android.

When I bought my MacBook Air in 2011 I had never used a Mac. I'd always build my own desktops and could flatten and reinstall Windows on my laptops. I could fix other people's computers and I knew how to troubleshoot and fix my own too. Why would I buy a MacBook Air then?

Because I had a Dell for 7 years that didn't really die it just got old and slow. Then I bought a new Dell and the screen was worse, the trackpad was horrible, and the build quality was atrocious. I had the motherboard replaced under warranty once because the power plug hole broke. Then, after thirteen months of ownership it just died and Dell said it would be $470 to look at it (not fix it, look at it). The laptop was about $1000 so I wasn't going to pay that for what wasn't a great laptop to begin with.

I went out and got an Air. You know what? The trackpad is amazing, better than any mouse I've ever used. The build quality is phenomenal. It's beautiful, lightweight, and a genuine pleasure to use in every way. Turns out the software was excellent too. Sure, some things were kind of weird and made for use in a way I wasn't used to but you know what? The more I used it the more I liked using it. It's easily the best experience I've had not just with computers, but with any kind of technology ever.

Over time I've found that I love it more. Sure, sometimes Apple pushes out an update that's less than great (10.10.1 was terrible) but here it is 3 years later and it's running better than the day I bought it. It's genuinely the best $1300 I've ever spent on anything. Since then I've convinced three other people to buy one, including my wife's grandmother. She's not exactly a computer expert but in 18 months she hasn't had a single issue at all with it. Every single person I've convinced to buy one likes it a lot and has zero complaints.

But that's how you get a fan, and by that I mean a fanatic: You make a product that people love. It's isn't something you generate, it's something you naturally get when you make something that is truly great. And it's not like this is something unique to Apple either. Think about other truly special things that have rapid fans like the Miata or the Mustang or certain artists/movies/TV, all of these things are special first, then comes the fanaticism. You can't just create it around something you've made, you have to make something out of a pursuit of excellence and hope your audience is there.

Sorry, that was much longer than the thing I had originally typed but I think it conveys what I mean. I want to re-emphasize that I don't think you're wrong about wanting enthusiasm at all, I just wanted to hopefully show why fanatics are, well, fanatical.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

GWBBQ posted:

Open the Google app, go to menu > customize > places

That's set to the location Maps uses. I did have a card this morning asking me if I cared about travel time to somewhere that looked like Now's concept of my work location and I said no, so we'll see.

Edit: nope, still got the card to some random place on campus.

hooah fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Feb 24, 2015

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

LastInLine posted:

I had a bunch of stuff typed out but I deleted it because maybe this will explain the bolded part and why you won't get this on Android.

When I bought my MacBook Air in 2011 I had never used a Mac. I'd always build my own desktops and could flatten and reinstall Windows on my laptops. I could fix other people's computers and I knew how to troubleshoot and fix my own too. Why would I buy a MacBook Air then?

Because I had a Dell for 7 years that didn't really die it just got old and slow. Then I bought a new Dell and the screen was worse, the trackpad was horrible, and the build quality was atrocious. I had the motherboard replaced under warranty once because the power plug hole broke. Then, after thirteen months of ownership it just died and Dell said it would be $470 to look at it (not fix it, look at it). The laptop was about $1000 so I wasn't going to pay that for what wasn't a great laptop to begin with.

I went out and got an Air. You know what? The trackpad is amazing, better than any mouse I've ever used. The build quality is phenomenal. It's beautiful, lightweight, and a genuine pleasure to use in every way. Turns out the software was excellent too. Sure, some things were kind of weird and made for use in a way I wasn't used to but you know what? The more I used it the more I liked using it. It's easily the best experience I've had not just with computers, but with any kind of technology ever.

Over time I've found that I love it more. Sure, sometimes Apple pushes out an update that's less than great (10.10.1 was terrible) but here it is 3 years later and it's running better than the day I bought it. It's genuinely the best $1300 I've ever spent on anything. Since then I've convinced three other people to buy one, including my wife's grandmother. She's not exactly a computer expert but in 18 months she hasn't had a single issue at all with it. Every single person I've convinced to buy one likes it a lot and has zero complaints.

But that's how you get a fan, and by that I mean a fanatic: You make a product that people love. It's isn't something you generate, it's something you naturally get when you make something that is truly great. And it's not like this is something unique to Apple either. Think about other truly special things that have rapid fans like the Miata or the Mustang or certain artists/movies/TV, all of these things are special first, then comes the fanaticism. You can't just create it around something you've made, you have to make something out of a pursuit of excellence and hope your audience is there.

Sorry, that was much longer than the thing I had originally typed but I think it conveys what I mean. I want to re-emphasize that I don't think you're wrong about wanting enthusiasm at all, I just wanted to hopefully show why fanatics are, well, fanatical.

Did Google even have commercials for Wallet? I see a commercial for Apple Pay every day.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

b0nes posted:

Did Google even have commercials for Wallet? I see a commercial for Apple Pay every day.

But those are done by the credit card companies saying they support the feature, not Apple directly.

That is Google's greatest problem, they fail to engage their partners.

For example, that's why I returned the Nexus Player. Sure it had it's rough edges that could be overlooked, but that wasn't the reason. The reason is the goddamn Netflix app could only do stereo. Two channel PCM was the only audio output option from Netflix. That, right there, is representative on how Google fucks up with their ecosystems. At no point during the development process of Android TV or since did Google call up the largest streaming platform and say "Hey, what can we do to ensure that you support a basic loving feature for our media streamer?" It completely blows my mind that someone could launch a media streamer in 2014 that does not have Dolby Digital support for Netflix. That it wasn't caught before launch or fixed in the subsequent months since speaks volumes for the way Google operates. Complaints on their product forums fall on deaf ears saying "the responsibility is with the app maker." Yes, that is true to a certain extent. But is it too much that two big boy companies that are supposed to be partners have a 5 minute conference call to discuss a required feature for a media streamer?

The same goes with the Google Cast support. There's no reason why the Nexus Player can't emulate a Chromecast perfectly allowing all apps that Cast to work with it, but that's not the case. Vudu doesn't even recognize it (something they changed on their end rather than deal with complaints that casting wasn't working.) They also state the have no intention of ever supporting the Android TV. Flixster doesn't work either. Google shovels the onus on all this stuff not working on the app maker while completely abdicating on working with key partners to make sure their latest new and shiny actually works.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Desk Lamp posted:

This is dumb, people don't use Google Wallet because it doesn't work with their credit cards/debit cards, period. And no, that Google pre-paid card does not count, it's a retarded workaround.

Maybe now that Google has access to the SIM secure element banks will be willing to give them tokens, my understanding of the problem was the banks were fine with the Isis secure element but the carriers were being huge pricks and demanding large swipe fees, Google wanted to work with the banks but they didn't trust the security.

Google Wallet doesn't work, Apple Pay does, that is all that you need to know to understand why consumers use one but not the other.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Three Olives posted:

This is dumb, people don't use Google Wallet because it doesn't work with their credit cards/debit cards, period. And no, that Google pre-paid card does not count, it's a retarded workaround.

Maybe now that Google has access to the SIM secure element banks will be willing to give them tokens, my understanding of the problem was the banks were fine with the Isis secure element but the carriers were being huge pricks and demanding large swipe fees, Google wanted to work with the banks but they didn't trust the security.

Google Wallet doesn't work, Apple Pay does, that is all that you need to know to understand why consumers use one but not the other.

No.

No one has even opened the app to find out if it works with their card.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Three Olives posted:

Hello. Please cite an example of a major (Visa / MasterCard / Discover / American Express) credit/debit card, issued in the USA, that does not work with Google Wallet.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Three Olives posted:

Well Apple Pay supports like dozens and dozens of banks across hundreds of credit/debit cards while Google Wallet/Softcard supports like 6 total so maybe before we get all like "gently caress the Apple Sheep" we could ask that our poo poo actually works at all?
I was excited about Wallet but never used it. It took a few minutes to set up Apple Pay with my Amex and I use it often, because it's so simple. Without even turning the phone on, tap it to the reader and use your fingerprint. Even if I use the card itself, I still see the charge on my phone instantly.

If Wallet worked that way, which it certainly will someday, I would have used it.

As long as there's room for enough logos on the customer terminal (or nfc pad) there's no reason they won't both eventually be common. Google should do whatever they can to use Apple Pay as an example from the user's perspective before it will matter though.

The US switchover (in policy) to EMV this year is going to incur costs that most places will choose to undertake for liability purposes. That means a lot of businesses will be at least glancing over the market for payment gateways and hardware, especially if they don't currently have EMV capable hardware. Because of the liability advantage of Apple Pay to businesses, I bet there will be a huge influx of support coming this year.

Under the assumption that Wallet support can be added via software at the gateway end, there's a good chance Wallet can simply build off of Apple Pay's momentum. Apple will force the technology into the market, prove the concept and get vendor suppor. Then Wallet can simply catch up from a user experience standpoint since the hardware and software will be in place.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Thermopyle posted:

No.

No one has even opened the app to find out if it works with their card.
I use wallet when buying stuff from the store, never touched it on my phone.

I think a portion of it is maturity. Apple may be late to the game, but they get partners setup to do everything seamlessly and without a word to the public so when they talk it all just (almost always) works.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Rastor posted:

Hello. Please cite an example of a major (Visa / MasterCard / Discover / American Express) credit/debit card, issued in the USA, that does not work with Google Wallet.

Name a gas station that doesn't accept Bitcoin if you turn it into a Visa gift card first?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Three Olives posted:

Name a gas station that doesn't accept Bitcoin if you turn it into a Visa gift card first?

Have you ever used Google Wallet?

bryn987
May 31, 2014
gently caress me but the N6 and/or lollipop is such poo poo these days

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Three Olives posted:

Do you really think the layperson knows or cares if their card is technically going through a prepaid Google Mastercard? People don't use Google Wallet because they don't know it exists, or that it works with their phone, or that it works with their card (and it does, even if it's a workaround on Google's part; people pay, it comes out of their checking account, fin). Apple Pay gained traction because it was advertised by the media via keynote coverage, by being a part of one of the biggest device launches of the year, and by advertising on the part of both Apple and partners.
Even then, this is all a result of Google failing to work with their partners and shove their weight around like Apple does.

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Really basic question here. Up until recently I had a 2010 HTC Legend and didn't give a gently caress about cleaning the screen. Now I have a second hand xperia z ultra with a huge beautiful screen. How can I best clean the screen? Can I use isopropyl alcohol? I have a endless supply of that at work.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I think Apple got people to get their poo poo together. You couldn't do wallet poo poo because none of the POS poo poo was hooked up at the stores until recently- even though they've had the capacity for like 5 years.

edit: nevermind I think I have this confused with something else

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

AlexanderCA posted:

Really basic question here. Up until recently I had a 2010 HTC Legend and didn't give a gently caress about cleaning the screen. Now I have a second hand xperia z ultra with a huge beautiful screen. How can I best clean the screen? Can I use isopropyl alcohol? I have a endless supply of that at work.

Don't use alcohol or any other cleaning detergent. They will gently caress up the oleophobic coating on your screen. Just use a clean cloth/your tshirt/your pants.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Three Olives posted:

sleepwalkers posted:

Do you really think the layperson knows or cares if their card is technically going through a prepaid Google Mastercard? People don't use Google Wallet because they don't know it exists, or that it works with their phone, or that it works with their card (and it does, even if it's a workaround on Google's part; people pay, it comes out of their checking account, fin).
I don't know what Google Wallet you all have been using, but the one I'm using on my Moto X lets me add any major US credit card to my account, and when I tap my phone that credit card gets charged. There is no prepaid Google Mastercard, there is no checking account, it -- pardon the expression -- just works.

quote:

http://www.zdnet.com/pictures/apple-pay-vs-google-wallet-hands-on-experiences-at-mcdonalds/

Google Wallet setup is basically the same as Apple Pay with the ability to scan or capture a photo of your card. I have my debit card, American Express card, and bank account set up with Google Wallet.

I'm genuinely confused what you guys are talking about.

Speaking of things working / not working in Android land, the newest Android 5.1 rumors indicate the priority/none notification modes will be made slightly less stupid.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination
5.1 makes some tweaks to interrruptions:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/02/24/android-5-1-feature-spotlight-volume-interruptions-menu-adds-next-alarm-new-option/

(Spoiler: still no silent mode)

The flaws of the LED were always apparent to me (probably because I hopped on board with the Nexus S) so I'm not surprised they're sticking to their guns and pushing it aside. It's the SD card of notification methods, most are significantly better off without it.

oldpostin' this saved stuff I forgot about :

Tunga posted:

Mine is like this and I have no clue what is using the battery because it just straight up doesn't tell me. The Battery screen will add up to like 25% and my battery will be down 50%. Phone will go for long periods where it is warm to the touch where the CPU is located (below camera). I've tried killing every app I can find running, restarting the phone, uninstalling apps I don't need, disabling location services, messing around with Wi-fi settings, disabling Tasker, and a bunch of other stuff. I just have no idea what else to try beyond factory resetting the thing. The battery screen is now entirely useless for resolving these issues.

The discrepancy in percentage is because "Android OS" no longer adds unaccounted battery drain (aka battery drain due to hardware malfunction/drivers) to its total. That was broken out into its own "Miscellaneous" item in the L Developer Preview, which was then hidden in the final. So your battery screen actually is giving you the answer: if nothing in particular stands out (like Facebook update of the week) its a hardware/driver/low-level Linux problem which you have no control over.

Miscellaneous made things more complete percentage wise but I see why they ditched it. It sort of felt like the device was saying "Well, yeah stuff happened. But my favourite show was on so I wasn't really paying attention".

Though if you want more detail, since you're a dev there's no need for root/Betterbatterystats: you could just use "adb shell dumpsys batterystats --charged > battery.txt" and go over the text file it produces. The new Lollipop version is pretty readable.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

bryn987 posted:

gently caress me but the N6 and/or lollipop is such poo poo these days

What problems are you having? I'm having no issues with my N6 and it's easily the best phone I've ever had.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

CLAM DOWN posted:

What problems are you having? I'm having no issues with my N6 and it's easily the best phone I've ever had.

Same. I was under the impression that the Nexus 6 was one of the phones pretty universally working well on lollipop.

bryn987
May 31, 2014

nerve posted:

Same. I was under the impression that the Nexus 6 was one of the phones pretty universally working well on lollipop.

-Chrome crashes every few minutes.
-Waze locks up with a black screen every time I exit the app.
-Timely locks up every time the alarm goes off and I can't turn the alarm off unless I start smashing buttons and then nova launcher crashes

Think it might be nova launcher? Or just the apps in general?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

bryn987 posted:

-Chrome crashes every few minutes.
-Waze locks up with a black screen every time I exit the app.
-Timely locks up every time the alarm goes off and I can't turn the alarm off unless I start smashing buttons and then nova launcher crashes

Think it might be nova launcher? Or just the apps in general?

Chrome works great for me, zero crashes. Are you using some intense websites or something? Don't use Waze. I use Timely daily for my morning alarms and never had a problem. Could be a Nova issue, I'm not sure because I just use the stock launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Waze has useful info that google maps doesn't really show but my god is that app janky/horribly designed