Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Sometimes the stars align and all the pubs don't shoot you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Prav posted:

Well they also say that gold ammo is pretty rare and has only increased slightly in usage since they let us buy it with credits. Which I'm sure is both true and honestly represented.

Well, I know they said this a few months after they let us buy premium ammo for credits...but have they mentioned it at all since? I assumed that they didn't mention it ever again because the use has increased greatly and they don't want to admit that.

Hellsau posted:

That's like 10x my average. Gotta get that last shot in even if it kills me also ramming speed.

I threw my Ru251 at a WT4 yesterday and missed and I exploded on impact (he was the last tank, we had 10 left) and then I remembered that the secondary for my mission was to survive. :downs:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I think something broke with the AMX CDC on the NA severs

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Stevefin posted:

I think something broke with the AMX CDC on the NA severs

why?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

It is that I have not seen a tier 9 or 10 game in it, at all in the few matches I have played so far. I could be very very lucky with mm tonight. but that just does not sit right in WoT.

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Feb 24, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Stevefin posted:

It is that I have not seen a tier 9 or 10 game in it, at all in the few matches I have played so far. I could be very very lucky with mm tonight. but that just does not sit right in WoT.

You're complaining that you aren't seeing tier 10's in the CDC? Perhaps you should be celebrating since the CDC in tier 8 games is strong as all gently caress.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

NTRabbit posted:

wn8 padder :argh:

We should platoon Grosstraktors again soon

Is Grosstraktor platoon as fun as TOG platoon?

Love the new additions to McGavin's modpack, too.

Hellsau posted:

Bonus screenshot of last night's PolarCap harassment.

Is PolarCap a regular pubbie mastermind? He almost called you a little kid after threatening to beat you up which opens up the, "Wait, you want to beat up little kids? What kind of sick monster are you?" line.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Agrajag posted:

You're complaining that you aren't seeing tier 10's in the CDC? Perhaps you should be celebrating since the CDC in tier 8 games is strong as all gently caress.

Yeah it is good at tier 8. and nope its MM is fine. I finally got into a top T10 heavy game :v:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Quick CDC report:

After finally getting the all girl crew yesterday I decided to waste my hard earned money on a pixel tank.

This tank is really nice. It is fast, get a great rate of fire. Even in T10 games I did not find myself at a huge disadvantage.

With that being said. It is quite large and can be penned by a wet noodle. Still, it is a nasty machine that can really do some damage.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

MoraleHazard posted:

It is really amusing because you are driving a medium disguised as a heavy. The HE shell travel time is hilarious to watch too. Just get one and I'll poke you if I see you online, got you on my friendlist from saturday's platooning.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

MoraleHazard posted:

Different style than a togtoon, but still fun

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Hellsau posted:

You lying son of a bitch.

Bonus screenshot of last night's PolarCap harassment.

Did 5500 in a Bat on Himmels, he hid behind me and did 1800. Also TKed our E5 somehow, no loving idea how the gently caress you TK a heavy when you're sniping off the hill.

Someone should tell him his full stop key is malfunctioning.

utvolsbaby
May 19, 2004
Go Big Orange

McGavin posted:

:siren:Here's a link to my modpack for 9.6!:siren:

Here are the fonts it uses.

It contains:
- XVM with my own brand of lines on the minimap
- White = Maximum spotting/draw distance and traverse indicators
- Red = Artillery and low tier autoloader range
- Green = View range and camera direction
- 2 seconds protection from shooting at corpses
- J1mb0's crosshair mod
- Server-side crosshair
- 500m zoom out, 16x zoom in
- Meltymap's damage and armour thickness indicator
- Scope shadow removed
- Locastan's damage panel and session stats
- 2 row tank carousel
- My Metal Gear Solid sixth sense mod
- HP bars and Team HP
- Battle assistant
- 15m "Shoot through bushes safely" circle - Toggle with Numpad 0
- Autoaim to tank nearest reticle - Toggle with F10
- Autoequip binocs/net/toolbox

It probably also has some other stuff I've forgotten about, but nothing that can get you banned. Let me know if there are any issues.

Edit: It also has an edited gui_settings.xml file to restore the US>UK>Germany>France>USSR>China>Japan tank order.

Thank you so much for this.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
How badly did the Walker Bulldog get screwed by the reload nerf? Still best tier 7 light tank?

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I already installed all the mods I wanted, but this is the first time I hear about that 15 meter range mod. Which files does it consist of McGavin?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

How badly did the Walker Bulldog get screwed by the reload nerf? Still best tier 7 light tank?

It went from 32s base reload to 36s on the autoloader. The single shot gun got hurt a lot more. No stated mobility or accuracy changes.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Hellsau posted:

To be fair we played a lot of artillery, and CAPFASTed twice in our lights. It was a beautiful CAPFAST so it should give us more WN8 but alas, life is cruel.

Noobmeter is bugged again, at least for me. It shows my last session as a 231 WN8 over 45 games, which boosted my overall by 5.7 points. I am bad, but not quite that bad. The WR and survival rates looks about right, but WN8 calc is off. I hope :emo:

Was a fun night. I am forever in awe at your ability to both drive your tank and troll chat with entire paragraphs at the same time.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Valle posted:

Well, I know they said this a few months after they let us buy premium ammo for credits...but have they mentioned it at all since? I assumed that they didn't mention it ever again because the use has increased greatly and they don't want to admit that.

Yeah, I think it was this summer? I don't remember exactly what number they cited - it was a little higher than the old one - but I remember scoffing.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

WayAbvPar posted:

Was a fun night. I am forever in awe at your ability to both drive your tank and troll chat with entire paragraphs at the same time.

He has a gift.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WayAbvPar posted:

Noobmeter is bugged again, at least for me. It shows my last session as a 231 WN8 over 45 games, which boosted my overall by 5.7 points. I am bad, but not quite that bad. The WR and survival rates looks about right, but WN8 calc is off. I hope :emo:

Noobmeter being a piece of poo poo?

What a shock.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Tony Great House is the new SLYFOX54. Top tier Panther on Fisherman's Bay, went straight south down 8 line and autoaimed our team. He did not survive long. His stats are loving atrocious as you would expect.

I really wish Wargaming would do something about obvious botters before they've played 50k games.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Holy poo poo, I installed the automatic autoaim and hello snap shotting fun time.
As someone with relatively bad hand-to-eye coordination I can actually finally autolock those long range snap shots without having to put my cursor on the enemy tank.
Driving and aiming is hard.
I guess it is time to start playing my Pattons a lot more now.

Also, 3 3.5k games in a row in my E3/ISU152 and I need 4k.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

srb posted:

I already installed all the mods I wanted, but this is the first time I hear about that 15 meter range mod. Which files does it consist of McGavin?

I don't know exactly which files it uses, but you can get it from OMC. All it does is put a 15m circle on the ground around your tank so you can see which bushes are far enough away to shoot through safely without going into sniper mode. It's one of those things that you don't need until you really need it, like when you're the last tank left and trying to remain unspotted.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

WayAbvPar posted:

I like it, my WN8 went up by 600 points and now I'm a real blue.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
noobmeter.jpg

:allears:

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
according to noobmeter I had an average tier of -1,249.77 the last 7 days which understandably lowered my overall average tier quite a bit

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Jack_tripper posted:

according to noobmeter I had an average tier of -1,249.77 the last 7 days which understandably lowered my overall average tier quite a bit

Makes you feel any better my average tier is a box. Snake would be proud.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Cardiac posted:

Holy poo poo, I installed the automatic autoaim and hello snap shotting fun time.
As someone with relatively bad hand-to-eye coordination I can actually finally autolock those long range snap shots without having to put my cursor on the enemy tank.
Driving and aiming is hard.
I guess it is time to start playing my Pattons a lot more now.

Also, 3 3.5k games in a row in my E3/ISU152 and I need 4k.

All of these stupid mods are ruining the game for people like me who plays 100% vanilla.
I wonder how much my stats suffer because of that. Probably not that much, but still.. i can't help but wonder.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Dalael posted:

All of these stupid mods are ruining the game for people like me who plays 100% vanilla.
I wonder how much my stats suffer because of that. Probably not that much, but still.. i can't help but wonder.

Play better I guess?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Dalael posted:

The only mod I absolutely couldn't do without is the gun sights. The vanilla ones are just so loving bad. If I am going to spend the entire game staring at something, at least make it marginally interesting/useful.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dalael posted:

I've got a winrate of 57%, a WN8 of over 2050, yet I play on the shittiest computer on this planet (integrated GPU, Windows XP, constant crashes) and I run with absolutely 0 mods.

git gud scrubs

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

So, I'm going to play this again. Did anything change in the last - let's say - year or so?

e: also which are the non-terrible tanks now?

R. Mute fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 24, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Accuracy is INSANELY good for snapshotting on NA server. Hetzer snapshotting with the derp, SU-122-44s firing on the move, full bloom Comet and T-25 shots - everything is hitting WAY too often. e: and full bloom, 90 degree turning SU-100Y shots from 200m, apparently.

R. Mute posted:

So, I'm going to play this again. Did anything change in the last - let's say - year or so?

e: also which are the non-terrible tanks now?

Don't play this game you moron.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 24, 2015

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Friend, I know this game. I remember the pain. I want the pain.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Accuracy is INSANELY good for snapshotting on NA server. Hetzer snapshotting with the derp, SU-122-44s firing on the move, full bloom Comet and T-25 shots - everything is hitting WAY too often. e: and full bloom, 90 degree turning SU-100Y shots from 200m, apparently.

Don't play this game you moron.
So did they screw up the accuracy change? Is snapshotting better than it was before?

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Hellsau posted:

Don't forget the 300m snapshots from KV-2s.

I was in a game last night where 2 successive Luchs died while moving full gallop laterally to the KV-2 on Prok. The first one was an idiot and kinda ran out into the open. Still he was moving at full speed and the KV-2 one-shot him. The second Luchs was much better statistically and I'm sure he thought, "Nah, there's no way that tomato can make that shot again." Again full gallop and again moving laterally to the KV-2 who was in the back corner just off the road. Again, one-shot.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Dalael posted:

lol, you're poo poo.

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Picked up this game again for the first time in three/four years - is there a way to make the Archer not suck?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Zero Gravitas posted:

Picked up this game again for the first time in three/four years - is there a way to make the Archer not suck?

Drive everywhere in reverse. Otherwise, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

McGavin posted:

Drive everywhere in reverse. Otherwise, no.

Yeah, the whole reverse driving thing gets really old really fast. :/