Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hoi4 is going to be own because all the whiny paradox thread homos are going to be insanely pissed that the game is playable by a normie

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

hoi4 is going to be own because all the whiny paradox thread homos are going to be insanely pissed that the game is playable by a normie

I never really got deep into an hoi honestly. Like two full games each on hoi1 and hoi2. I hope it's cool but WW2 has never really been my bag.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

That said El Dorado looks pretty good and I guess is next week? Looks like it might buff up Spain AI a bit with the treasure fleet stuff giving so much cash so they aren't so easy to stomp by you or other AIS. Then I guess the treasure fleet inflation will probably gently caress the AI over long run.

Maybe I'll do a Portugal game since I haven't played as them since the demo...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think the treasure fleet is just normal gold income but spread out across shipments that can be pirated. That would make spain weaker, right?

its kind of late so i may be misreading the blog post

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it'll be nice as a reason to invest in colonies... CNs and autonomy changes suck because my colonies are almost totally worthless except as ports unless I'm actually playing non-European. I get its so you can't conquer all of Mexico or whatever and be endlessly rich but it's what Spain did IRL so whatever. I had a 50 province CN only give me 5 ducats a month at high tarrifs while I made 300+ from trade. Lol.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I just got Charlemange and Way of Life and havent played in about a year, is there a good 769 start that's not quite as easy as Ireland but something along those lines

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

What is this manga.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jackie D posted:

I just got Charlemange and Way of Life and havent played in about a year, is there a good 769 start that's not quite as easy as Ireland but something along those lines

769 is really bad.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I guess you could start in Sweden. You'll have problems managing demense and vassal limits until you save up the gold to create kingdom of sweden. Usually that won't happen until the norse raiders event that gives you ships. Sweden was fairly easy though when I was playing, and there are plenty of strong/quick brides to choose from at the start.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

769 is really bad.

poo poo

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

GreyPowerVan posted:

I think the treasure fleet is just normal gold income but spread out across shipments that can be pirated. That would make spain weaker, right?

its kind of late so i may be misreading the blog post

The problem is you weren't getting that gold income from Central and South American colonies. Instead you got whatever % of the gold income that tariffs amounted to (and none of the inflation) which made the high value trade goods of other provinces more valuable to you for your CNs than gold provinces were. Since trade goods at least mean wealth for your home node (if you're downstream).

Larry Parrish posted:

I think it'll be nice as a reason to invest in colonies... CNs and autonomy changes suck because my colonies are almost totally worthless except as ports unless I'm actually playing non-European. I get its so you can't conquer all of Mexico or whatever and be endlessly rich but it's what Spain did IRL so whatever. I had a 50 province CN only give me 5 ducats a month at high tarrifs while I made 300+ from trade. Lol.

As it stands the entire advantage of CNs is basically them giving you trade power, but if you had Wealth of Nations I think grabbing high value COT provinces in Africa to get free merchants (and increase good production among non-Westerns) on the way to India was actually a good bit better since it didn't require taking Trade Ideas for merchants before it became profitable. Thankfully, CNs now give a merchant too so at the very least you'll be able to direct trade properly there and make money off of your colonies BEFORE you take the trade idea rather than after. And if you're doing Central / South American colonization then you'll really clean up from gold income.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Durr dur hur. Hitler should be insane and cruel and lustful and be middling at all the things he was a genuine master of. By the way, I believe that combusting jet fuel is hot enough to melt steel construction girders.

there weren't a single head of state in all the 20th century with any stat higher than 15. it's a dogshit century

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

that's what im saying, CNs are almost worthless except for trade power and the pittance in taxes. the merchants will help so if you aren't in one of three European nodes you can actually get some trade money out of it. Playing a game outside of Western/Northern Europe is a nightmare. Once you taste that 500 gold a month from trade alone, you just can't go back quite so easily.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

eat your heart out plutonis

quote:

Traditions
Attrition for Enemies: +1.00, Envoy Travel Time: -25.0%
Governorate General: National Tax Modifier: +10.0%
Research of John of Nassau: Technology Cost: -5.0%
Mines of Minas Gerais: Yearly Inflation Reduction: +0.10
Halting Foreign Incursions: Infantry Combat Ability: +10.0%
Entradas and Bandeiras: Core-Creation Cost: -15.0%
Inconfidencia Mineira: Stability Cost Modifier: -10.0%
Seat of the Empire: Yearly Legitimacy: +1.00
Ambition
Goods Produced Nationally: +10.0%

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ideas fit for the worst nation on the planet

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol those are p loving mediocre...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Infantry, tax, goods and core are cool i guess attrition too but jfc the rest sucks. gently caress you wiz!!!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kurdistan isnt even a country and they got badass ideas.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

are there still no unique ideas for the entirety of north africa

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
god drat 1350 in ck2 since 876 saves take like a minute

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

oh thank god. this has pissed me off for ages
- Your own claims on your own provinces no longer expires until you have cored the province.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

oh thank god. this has pissed me off for ages
- Your own claims on your own provinces no longer expires until you have cored the province.

Are they going to do anything about cultural claims being lovely?

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

also very cool
- Will now pick idea groups dynamically based on ai_will_do if AI_USES_HISTORICAL_IDEA_GROUPS define is set to 0 or game is using custom/random setup.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BBJoey posted:

are there still no unique ideas for the entirety of north africa

Granada and Mamluks I think :troll:

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
also they all have +100% coring cost from the start of the game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The patch dropped... FTW. Im gonna redo my Inca Ironman game except this time actually get some achievements for it.

Unit pack with new songs, also a Guns Drums and Steel II...

Inti is very fun and has great events.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 26, 2015

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
meanwhile:

how is this game so broken.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

meanwhile:

how is this game so broken.

The lead dev for CK2 is a fucktard who sucks dick, and thinks awesome poo poo like making the Flykriate have the same worthless pope system that nobody uses is a good idea.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

look it's okay the vikings can have a system just as broken and lovely as the catholics

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would, instead, rather that Vikings keep their cool gimmick of being sacrificial Caliphates, and not become 'Tengri but you can vote for yourself in an insanely worthless mechanic with almost no feedback'.

If they do that they should at least let every Pagan religion let you just vote yourself as the religious head.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

so how much is el dorado + pretty much all the cosmetic dlc going for on nuuvem? i can get it for like $35 on steam

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought it on steam but it's probably at least a few dollars cheaper on nuuvem since the brazilian funbux are so weak.

The freaking Inti bonuses on top of the slightly revised Incan ideas are crazy...

With both filled out, it's 2.5% discipline, -10% attrition, +10% manpower, +10% manpower recovery, and +5% morale on top of the free colonist and the various tax buffs/build cost/idea cost reductions. It's no Ottos or Prussians but it's pretty loving good.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 26, 2015

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

lol, Arumba is getting pissed off because he can't figure out how attrition is calculated on his stream.

running spreadsheets live and poo poo

http://www.twitch.tv/arumba07

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite thing about Mapgames is even the supposedly really good people are insanely bad at certain parts of the game.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
- Removed Byzantine Cores on Chios, Naxos, Trebizond and Corfu to try and keep it from constantly popping up again after annexation.

:fishmech:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that's really stupid.

The new colonization changes for Euros is pretty good... Instead of every single colonial region having 5 different tiny CNs in it, the Spanish own every province in the Carribean, the English are the only ones in Colombia, and the Portuguese are the only ones in Brazil. Pretty borders in the new world, for the first time. :eyepop:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What's the story with this DLC. Nuuvem hasn't got Guns Drums and Steel 2 yet so I'm holding off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Apparently manual exploration was replaced by auto exploration and it sucks, badly. Lmfao. I thought you were gonna be able to choose either?