Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

So I've had my new 3ds for a week and I have to say I am really impressed.

New features on technology are often gimmicks or useful but forgettable. I write this from a note 4 phone that I never remember has a stylus that does some pretty cool things. That said face tracking is the single greatest bit of technology I never new I always wanted. It works SO good. I never thought that they should put it in a 3ds (perfect sense in hindsight) when I read about it I didn't believe it would actually work. But drat if it doesn't work amazingly. I always loved the 3d and it is worth the upgrade price for that alone to me.

Still forget the nub exists even playing MM that supports it. Gonna switch to MH4 soon so that might change.

If you are on the upgrade fence I suggest going to a Best Buy or whatever you have local and putting your hands on with the face tracking. The immersion of 3d works a lot better when it's not breaking all the time.

spasticColon posted:

I only have one charger so its buy another charger or a card reader that will read SD and micro SD cards. Now I know why people have a love/hate relationship with Nintendo.

Or watch it and if it takes over a 2 hours switch which one is on the charger. How rude of Nintendo to offer a not slow option if you happen to have the hardware lying around.

Watch it, like I said.

You're being a bit of a Negative Nancy if you pardon my french.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

Bombadilillo posted:

Or watch it and if it takes over a 2 hours switch which one is on the charger. How rude of Nintendo to offer a not slow option if you happen to have the hardware lying around.

Watch it, like I said.

Does the system transfer require an internet connection? I ask this because my internet has been flaky the past few days so if the Internet cuts out the system transfer won't screw up will it?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

spasticColon posted:

Does the system transfer require an internet connection? I ask this because my internet has been flaky the past few days so if the Internet cuts out the system transfer won't screw up will it?

Yes it'll need an internet connection.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Buying a n3DS will be a bad experience for you, I'd reckon.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Finally hit a roadblock in Pokemon Shuffle at stage 120, my Monster Hunter New 3DS XL Pokemon Shuffle player is pretty sweet.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

ChaosArgate posted:

Yes it'll need an internet connection.

Now I have an excuse to be a Negative Nancy.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I wonder if it would help this thread if we had a system transfer, SD card, and unscrewing guide written in simple English?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

so seems like 1/5th of the posts are still how do i transfer? Never read OP goons.
Btw Kid Icarus is now 100% more magical on the new 3ds.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Xenoblade gameplay via Eurogamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPluEHQTVYE

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

How come the buttons on the in-game UI aren't super famicom coloured? HOW COME

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
So I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a decalgirl skin for my red n3DS XL. Has anybody bought from decalgirl? Is the quality pretty decent? How much does the color of the system show through? These are the ones I'm looking at:

https://www.decalgirl.com/custom/1192459/1366/no55
https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/256113/Nintendo-New-3DS-XL-Skin-Retro-Horizontal

However I'm concerned about the red of the system showing through and making these look tacky. Any thoughts?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

No Japanese voiceovers? brb trading my new xl back

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Sade posted:

So I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a decalgirl skin for my red n3DS XL. Has anybody bought from decalgirl? Is the quality pretty decent? How much does the color of the system show through? These are the ones I'm looking at:

https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/256113/Nintendo-New-3DS-XL-Skin-Retro-Horizontal

However I'm concerned about the red of the system showing through and making these look tacky. Any thoughts?

I've bought for other systems. They're good quality. 100% opaque.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
So my R button on my New 3DS has stopped working correctly. This sucks.

I can notice it while sprinting on Monster Hunter 4U. He sprints, then stops sprinting even though I'm holding the button down. I'm holding the button firmly, too.

This is horrible. I just got this thing like two days ago, and I barely have any hours put into this game. I doubt it is because of heavy use.

What to do?

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

You might just have a bit of dust in there, try blowing the shoulder button to see if it helps.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Blowing into Nintendo products is a time honored tradition after all.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

Sade posted:

I have a skin from them on my N3DS XL and the color doesn't bleed through. Though its basically black on black, BUT even on my other consoles the color doesn't bleed through the skin.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

noirstronaut posted:

It's painless, it just takes a long time.

It doesn't take long if you don't have any big games. The only big game I had was Fire Emblem and it took about an hour.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

CrusherEAGLE posted:

So my R button on my New 3DS has stopped working correctly. This sucks.

I can notice it while sprinting on Monster Hunter 4U. He sprints, then stops sprinting even though I'm holding the button down. I'm holding the button firmly, too.

This is horrible. I just got this thing like two days ago, and I barely have any hours put into this game. I doubt it is because of heavy use.

What to do?

Does the ZR button work? You should totally be getting it replaced and taking advantage of your warranty but in the meantime, the ZR button has identical functionality to the R button in MH4U so you can at least keep playing monster hunter

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine

Ptarmigans posted:

You might just have a bit of dust in there, try blowing the shoulder button to see if it helps.

Worked perfectly. Thanks for saving me from a panic attack. THANKS!

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Ptarmigans posted:

Nintendo New3DS - screwing and blowing.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fryhtaning posted:

Nintendo New3DS - screwing and blowing.

Even after watching videos goons still have a hard time

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

CrusherEAGLE posted:

Worked perfectly. Thanks for saving me from a panic attack. THANKS!

For the record, that's only a temporary solution. You might have to open up the 3DS to fix that permanently.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Dr. Fetus posted:

For the record, that's only a temporary solution. You might have to take Xanax for that.

Fixed for accuracy.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Trip report on Walmart Preowned 3DS games:

Good games never show up by browsing the site, but googling specific titles gets you to a product page. I refreshed randomly for a few nights and eventually snagged DKCR for $16 and ALBW for $21. I also saw Pokemon X/Y for $21 but didn't bite.

Store pickup took 10 days because they UPS'd the games to a distribution center then sent them on a regular stock truck.

Games arrived in their original cases, even plastic-wrapped in the same style as new games. If it weren't for the missing manuals and Club Coin slips, as well as existing save data, they would be indistinguishable from new.

eddiewalker fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 24, 2015

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Not a single word about how well the 3D works in the game. That's the one feature this version has that the original didn't, they could at least mention it. I want to know how well it works with this game's huge areas!

Also anyone who played Xenoblade with the Japanese voices is dead to me

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bombadilillo posted:

So I've had my new 3ds for a week and I have to say I am really impressed.

New features on technology are often gimmicks or useful but forgettable. I write this from a note 4 phone that I never remember has a stylus that does some pretty cool things. That said face tracking is the single greatest bit of technology I never new I always wanted. It works SO good. I never thought that they should put it in a 3ds (perfect sense in hindsight) when I read about it I didn't believe it would actually work. But drat if it doesn't work amazingly. I always loved the 3d and it is worth the upgrade price for that alone to me.

Still forget the nub exists even playing MM that supports it. Gonna switch to MH4 soon so that might change.

If you are on the upgrade fence I suggest going to a Best Buy or whatever you have local and putting your hands on with the face tracking. The immersion of 3d works a lot better when it's not breaking all the time.

Watch it, like I said.

I'm a little let down by the face tracking. Just a little. In games with a lot of small details (like MH4) I'll still get ghosting if I'm not holding the screen out like 14 inches or more. It's way better than before, and a small gripe, but enough for me to be like fuuuuuck why is this still a thing?

In Majora's Mask 3D (only other game I've played on N3DS so far) it doesn't happen at all.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

eddiewalker posted:

Good games never show up by browsing the site, but googling specific titles gets you to a product page. I refreshed randomly for a few nights and eventually snagged DKCR for $16 and ALBW for $21. I also saw Pokemon X/Y for $21 but didn't bite.

Can you give an example of what you are googling? Wouldn't mind paying those prices for a few games I want.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
It's been a week since I opened my n3ds and immediately had to send it in. My memories of what it looked like are fading fast.

All I have left is the stylus...

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

lol at goons unable to follow a video designed for children lol

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Suaimhneas posted:

Not a single word about how well the 3D works in the game. That's the one feature this version has that the original didn't, they could at least mention it. I want to know how well it works with this game's huge areas!

Also anyone who played Xenoblade with the Japanese voices is dead to me

I'm ghost posting

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Etrips posted:

Can you give an example of what you are googling? Wouldn't mind paying those prices for a few games I want.

"walmart pre-owned pokemon y" brought up pages like this http://www.walmart.com/ip/37310558?...ctRedirect=true

When I ordered they had used prices listed, but were out of stock. I'm having trouble finding that now so I'm worried something has changed.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Ragequit posted:

Evidently his dad didn't pick the right box either.

:drat:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Someone fire up a new mario golf thread, I'm down to get in on some tourneys

I know this is from a few pages back, but the original archived one linked was an old thread. The other one is still alive/not-archived, but sadly also dead. Thanks jivjov :mad: - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3646977
FWIW, I'd still be down for playing some Mario Golf on my non-XL 3DS version 1 :rock:

Readblood
Nov 9, 2005
I bought a copy of Persona Q on Amazon, which had the Nintendo Club code removed. It seems that Nintendo has gone through and removed the PIN from any product shipping since 01/20. It doesn't matter if it was released earlier then that.

"I was sorry to hear that the PIN was missing from your copy of Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth. Since your game was purchased brand-new, I need to point out that games which shipped to retailers following the announcement of Club Nintendo's End of Service on January 20th of this year will not have a PIN at all and are not eligible to be registered. Since you just purchased this game, this is most likely the reason you do not find a PIN code. For more information please check out the announcement on our website."

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Readblood posted:

I bought a copy of Persona Q on Amazon, which had the Nintendo Club code removed. It seems that Nintendo has gone through and removed the PIN from any product shipping since 01/20. It doesn't matter if it was released earlier then that.

"I was sorry to hear that the PIN was missing from your copy of Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth. Since your game was purchased brand-new, I need to point out that games which shipped to retailers following the announcement of Club Nintendo's End of Service on January 20th of this year will not have a PIN at all and are not eligible to be registered. Since you just purchased this game, this is most likely the reason you do not find a PIN code. For more information please check out the announcement on our website."

That's weird. Buying (older) games on the eShop still gives you coins.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
OP should add which microSD card is the best value for the New Nintendo 3DS.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

General Morden posted:

OP should add which microSD card is the best value for the New Nintendo 3DS.

They're all the same, take your pick: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=microsd

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Liquid Penguins posted:

They're all the same
I thought some played nicer than others?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

noirstronaut posted:

That's weird. Buying (older) games on the eShop still gives you coins.

It seems to vary randomly by game. Several eShop titles I've bought didn't give me Registration coins or even a post-play survey, the only one I can think of that did give the full coin amount was the newest Prof. Layton game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I bought Smash, MH4, and Link Between Worlds all off the eShop and none of them gave me coins. I have a whopping like, 8 coins because I only play at home.