Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I just beat what would be the Saiyan Saga I guess, and how in the world do 1) I earn more create a character slots 2) get out of the single player lobby? I wanna see people running around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Evil Canadian posted:

I just beat what would be the Saiyan Saga I guess, and how in the world do 1) I earn more create a character slots 2) get out of the single player lobby? I wanna see people running around.

You get more slots by completing story mode apparently, and I only saw the option for online after I restarted the game after restoring licenses for the pre-order DLC.

If you have the pre-order stuff in your inventory already then quit out and load back in, it'll give you the option of single lobby or multi lobby and there's where you'll find the sweet sweet gokus.

EDIT:VVVVVVV Or that I guess, no idea. I never got prompted that online was even a thing, I just saw the option after I restored the licenses and went with it. I was already into the Frieza saga by then.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Evil Canadian posted:

1.) More CAC slots open when you beat the story
2.) Online opens when you complete both parts of the Saiyan Saga, which is sort of an expanded tutorial I guess

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I'm done for the day after putting in the last 9 straight hours, whoops.

Here is a lovingly curated collection of gokus I found on my travels

Loving Ghost Hercule, Super Saiyan Pants, and Tiny Wide Man.

Also, Marshmallow is legit awesome.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Firstborn posted:

1.) More CAC slots open when you beat the story
2.) Online opens when you complete both parts of the Saiyan Saga, which is sort of an expanded tutorial I guess

I have beat all the saiyan saga, but when I go out to the main menu it is saying PSN is down/can't connect to servers, so I guess that is that then.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just thought it was nice to see there weren't just underwear lady gokus, but also underwear man gokus.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Try restarting, you should see Multi as an option when you log in.

Close the application, then re-open.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Glad people are enjoying this, I was a little worried. Looks like the reviews are the same old critiques over and over again. Friday can't get here fast enough.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't know if I like that the darker skin tones are either "somewhat tan" or "I'm a black alien weirdo". Only like two actually look like black skin.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I keep finding that between time patrol missions I need to go level up a bit at the parallel quest people because poo poo just gets too harsh. Am I just bad/doing something wrong or is this par for the course?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Nah you're meant to be doing at least a few Parallel Quests between missions.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

NomChompsky posted:

I keep finding that between time patrol missions I need to go level up a bit at the parallel quest people because poo poo just gets too harsh. Am I just bad/doing something wrong or is this par for the course?

That's actually what you're supposed to do, but a lot of folks are blitzing through the story and end up hitting a wall.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wish it was a little more obvious with the optional mission objectives.

For example, the martial arts tournament one has 2 mystery objectives. I've tried everything I can think of down to soloing it with my created character taking no damage in under 60 seconds and not even that is what they're looking for.

What do you want from me game?!

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Okay cool. Also, how does this thing work with trainers? I was gonna get trained by piccolo, but he disappeared. So now i am getting trained by Krillin's dumb rear end and he taught me one skill and refuses to talk to me now except to accuse me of calling him bald or something. Do I need to gain levels before he'll teach me more? Where did Piccolo go?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

NomChompsky posted:

I had to go do a few missions right after Ginyu's stuff, so I think it's normal.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

How difficult is the gameplay in this? Like would I need to sperg out about frame rates and animation cancelling or can I just button mash and spam cool specials while playing dressup?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ah got online with the city proper. For more character slots though, is it via progression through the story or beating the story unlocks the other 7 slots? If I have to beat the whole game just to unlock more slots then I will prob just delete the guy I have and make someone else because I am not too attached to the dude I made yet.

*ed*

Some searching shows that yes, you have to beat the game before you get anything past your first character slot. Kind of a bummer but I will deal with it.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 24, 2015

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

For example, the martial arts tournament one has 2 mystery objectives. I've tried everything I can think of down to soloing it with my created character taking no damage in under 60 seconds and not even that is what they're looking for.

What do you want from me game?!

Beat it in under 5 Minutes

NomChompsky posted:

Okay cool. Also, how does this thing work with trainers? I was gonna get trained by piccolo, but he disappeared. So now i am getting trained by Krillin's dumb rear end and he taught me one skill and refuses to talk to me now except to accuse me of calling him bald or something. Do I need to gain levels before he'll teach me more? Where did Piccolo go?
Enter and exit zones over and over they spawn randomly, piccolo shows up near the time garden for me (the gate that leads too it)

Having fun with the game so far, trying to get all of radditz's specials and I'm currently just finished with the frieza saga.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NomChompsky posted:

Level up and find them again, worked for me with Krillen.

exmorte posted:

Beat it in under 5 Minutes

I beat it in under 60 seconds. Game doesn't care.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Please continue posting other CACs you encounter

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Only thing I don't like about the game is that it puts you far away from the parallel mission place every time you finish one.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mr E posted:

Only thing I don't like about the game is that it puts you far away from the parallel mission place every time you finish one.

Yeah that's probably my least favourite thing.

I'd also ask for fast travel to the stores and poo poo but then I'd miss out on all the gokus, so it's kind of a catch 22.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Are there any baseball caps and jorts in the character creator? I want to make a Super Cena.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Bee posted:

Are there any baseball caps and jorts in the character creator? I want to make a Super Cena.

Initial creator dress-up is literally just colour in your generic karate outfit. You have to collect other clothes in game. I've seen baseball caps, not sure about jorts.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Don't sayian armor leggings count as jorts?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crabtree posted:

Don't sayian armor leggings count as jorts?

Not baggy enough

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm looking for a hoodie and boxing trunks. I'm sure I'll be able to find something on those lines.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It kind of sucks that clothing includes stat mods.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

It kind of sucks that clothing includes stat mods.

Yeah, agreed. But that's why you make one costume for stats and one for style.

My Steam copy unlocks Friday but hearing you all playing now is too hype.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Let me know if you're able to put a mustache on a Namekian. I thought I saw one during the freeza saga and it would be great to have that running around in game.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So from reading the OP and some gameplay vids i saw this kinda looks like what Battle of Z was going for but instead of worrying about which Goku is going to be tanking Cell you can just make your own Goku and kill Cell yourself with your buddies.

Is that about right?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Finally beat Nappa by learning learning Evil Blast from Piccolo and spamming it after Goku shows up to fight Vegeta.

Is there something I'm missing about the controls or am I just terrible? I keep seeing a burst move that interrupts my combo and takes an eighth of my health, but I can't figure out how to do it myself, is it a skill?

iamthehans
May 1, 2012
I'm pretty awful at this game. if anyone wants to be awful with me hit me up on ps4 psn hansell

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Broseph Brostar posted:

Finally beat Nappa by learning learning Evil Blast from Piccolo and spamming it after Goku shows up to fight Vegeta.

Is there something I'm missing about the controls or am I just terrible? I keep seeing a burst move that interrupts my combo and takes an eighth of my health, but I can't figure out how to do it myself, is it a skill?

Are you seeing this from Nappa or like, everyone? Because Nappa's weird heat dome attack was a noted bitch in beta.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

NomChompsky posted:

So now i am getting trained by Krillin's dumb rear end and he taught me one skill and refuses to talk to me now except to accuse me of calling him bald or something.

GOTY.

My purchasing this game hinges on one thing: is it possible to make Senator Armstrong?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I don't know if I like that the darker skin tones are either "somewhat tan" or "I'm a black alien weirdo". Only like two actually look like black skin.

But there's also like 2-3 Caucasian skin tones, and then the rest of the colors are literally "i'm an alien weirdo".

Here is a video where someone scans through every parallel quest with all win conditions unlocked so you can see them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAOfI7OY8yU

Avalerion posted:

How difficult is the gameplay in this? Like would I need to sperg out about frame rates and animation cancelling or can I just button mash and spam cool specials while playing dressup?

Frame rates not so much, animation cancelling is a high level strategy. It's like.. you can play SF4 and even be okay at it without FADC cancelling or whatever, and will play plenty of people who can't do it either... but the moment you come up against someone who is competent at it, you will lose. Feel free to spam cool specials while playing dressup, that's perfectly okay and fun and cool.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So from reading the OP and some gameplay vids i saw this kinda looks like what Battle of Z was going for but instead of worrying about which Goku is going to be tanking Cell you can just make your own Goku and kill Cell yourself with your buddies.

Is that about right?

Battle of Z was like this game's Alpha.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Which burst move? Does the character's face come on-screen for a minute? It sounds like their Ultimate.

Mentor Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdcD8TGPOoQ

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 24, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Its an explosion around the character that makes them immune to damage for a second and can be used in the middle of being flinched. Its like a burst from guilty gear.

Hobo Siege posted:

Are you seeing this from Nappa or like, everyone? Because Nappa's weird heat dome attack was a noted bitch in beta.

Piccolo was doing it when I fought him to become his student, and Vegeta was also doing it.

Has anybody gotten the online to work on the ps4?

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 24, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
After you beat the Saiyan Saga, restart the game and select "Multi" after you load your character.

The combo breaker type ability is called an Evasive Ability. Everybody gets one. It's one of your Ultimate attacks (accessed by using both triggers), and costs 3 Stamina bars to use. Some have more invincibility frames than others, some do damage, some just teleport you or make you backflip away as a sort of reset.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 24, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Broseph Brostar posted:

Its an explosion around the character that makes them immune to damage for a second and can be used in the middle of being flinched. Its like a burst from guilty gear.

Piccolo was doing it when I fought him to become his student, and Vegeta was also doing it.

Has anybody gotten the online to work on the ps4?

I was playing most of today online on PS4 without issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Greg
Jun 16, 2008
Thanks for the informative thread everyone! Is there anything locked out of offline play except for the obvious multiplayer battles? Will I never be able to fight Broly or some weird single-player restriction like that?

• Locked thread