Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Norns posted:

But and eat two now to make up for yesterday's regrets.

ya'll cray

zedprime posted:

Burgers are even more like sex than pizza because its hard to have a bad burger experience but if you don't watch closely you will end up with an antibiotic treatable disease.

i had a burger from this terrible place here called Lucky's. It was like a burger flavored sponge. they're even known as a burger joint diner that does milk shakes and their burgers are terrible.

http://luckysclassic.com/

just awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Sizone posted:

explain. if it is a burger, which you seem to be admitting, then it's just a smaller burger, which would make it pussy in your view. surely that pussiness could be easily overcome by just eating more of them, there's nothing intrinsically in the slider that makes is for pussies.

sounds like you have a good handle on it

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I burged for lunch today. Ground beef patty with a mix of chorizo ground in, with some green peppers and shredded jack cheese.

Would recommend.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
sliders own especially if the place you are getting them from (or are making) have different toppings for each burg. you can thus maximize your burger experience doing this.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

thathonkey posted:

sounds like you have a good handle on it

I've only had good sliders at bougie 4-star like places with $50 steaks a la carte. Otherwise I've always found them to be overdone and dry.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

In college, my roomate once mixed pork sausage (might have been chorizo actually) into the burger before it was cooked. Risky burg prep or not? Either way, it was delicious. I just want to know if that should be repeated.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Chinatown posted:

sliders own especially if the place you are getting them from (or are making) have different toppings for each burg. you can thus maximize your burger experience doing this.

I agree in theory but the places ive tried that will serve like 3-4 diff types of sliders per plate there is usually only maximum of one that is good while the rest are bad to mediocre and at that point why not just make a full fledged burg out of it :shrug: (and that "variety" tends to be used as an excuse to up the price)

Im also a little pissed because there is a restaurant that used to serve extremely bomb brisket sliders (they dont really qualify as burgs in my book tho) but suddenly took them off the menu and replaced with some truly inferior bullshit.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Yeah, non-beef burger sliders tend to be a good choice. Pulled pork, bbq rib, pork belly, etc.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I have definitely been eating more burgers because of this thread. Is anybody else in the same boat or is that just me?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Fetus Tree posted:

you gotta gently caress up p bad to have a bad burg

btw

Burgin right now, thanks wendys

thats whats great about the burg - its entry-level cooking, accessible to anyone w/ground beef and a hot surface, and you can customize the toppings however you want to make it yours :unsmith:

Fetus Tree posted:

I have definitely been eating more burgers because of this thread. Is anybody else in the same boat or is that just me?

not gonna lie, just had a burrito, but I had bratwurst yesterday so I wanted something a little lighter today

burgs are in the forecast though

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Fetus Tree posted:

I eat like 2 or 3 a week as is. Trying to stay alive, so I'll avoid upping my delicious consumption.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fetus Tree posted:

:agreed:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i'm gonna go for a lovely burg tomorrow before work

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

So we're calling them burgs now? Or is that a thing somewhere already?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
idk its kinda a thing already for sure tbh

kinda like just callin hot dogs 'dogs'

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Norns posted:

So we're calling them burgs now? Or is that a thing somewhere already?

Yeah, I don't know, but:

Shadow posted:

i don't like the word "burg" :(

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Burg has been a thing for awhile now. It started out as 'burgin' and some goon made a video of his burgin quest a couple years ago but I think it's gone now.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Shadow posted:

Yeah, I don't know, but:

youre not burgin hard enough bro

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
It's taco Tuesday here. Don't burg me bro!

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Ruzihm posted:

In college, my roomate once mixed pork sausage (might have been chorizo actually) into the burger before it was cooked. Risky burg prep or not? Either way, it was delicious. I just want to know if that should be repeated.

Not real sure about mixing chorizo in. it's real fatty and real salty and read red. like, if you accidentally buy lean ground beef for your burgs then chroizo might be ok to pad it out with. what you do with chorizo though is fry it until all the grease is out, then you leave the chroizo and grease in the pan and crack an amount of eggs equal to the chorizo meat into the grease and stir up a chorizo, grease, scrambled egg mixture.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Shadow posted:

ya'll cray

i had a burger from this terrible place here called Lucky's. It was like a burger flavored sponge. they're even known as a burger joint diner that does milk shakes and their burgers are terrible.

http://luckysclassic.com/

just awful

i have been there and can confirm it is garbage,

http://www.planbburger.com/flash.html

much better burgs

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

i have been there and can confirm it is garbage,

http://www.planbburger.com/flash.html

much better burgs

So I hear.

Just don't quite understand the logic behind calling a place that serves food "Plan B" :/

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Shadow posted:

So I hear.

Just don't quite understand the logic behind calling a place that serves food "Plan B" :/

Just don't ask where the meat comes from.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Burg so hard muffuckas wanna grind beef

cams
Mar 28, 2003

thathonkey posted:

yeah i love you

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Ruzihm posted:

Somebody mention 'dines? Shoutout to the 'dine thread.

But yeah, frisco burg buns are sourdough too and they are not altogether a bad burg.

This thread is rad as hell and you are rad for linking it :buddy:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

thathonkey posted:

Perfect.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

thathonkey posted:

This is the first acceptable use of the word "burg." Bravo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

thathonkey posted:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
if u made a burger out of donkey meat it would be an assburger

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Fetus Tree posted:

if u made a burger out of donkey meat it would be an assburger

now do this for a male chicken

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ate at Super Duper in SF, quality burg

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

RideTheSpiral posted:

now do this for a male chicken

if you made a kebab out of a flute player, would it be a flautistic?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

IM EATIN BURGERS TONIGHT gently caress YAH ONLY 7 HOURS 33 MINUTES TO GO!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/afootball?iso=20150225T18&p0=1091&fg1=ff605a&fg2=b3b3b3&msg=BURGER+TIME

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

goin' home made or restaurant?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I had a burg that was well done for the first time in my life today. Gotta say, was not a fan!

Medium Rare 4 lyfe

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I had a burg that was well done for the first time in my life today. Gotta say, was not a fan!

Medium Rare 4 lyfe

Well done and beef just dont mix in general.

Also why don't mix poo poo like chorizo in your burgers. Have to over cook them shiz then.

Don't do that.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chinatown posted:

goin' home made or restaurant?
Pub. Beer will be involved. I might get a burger AND a hot dog. Living the dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

Pub. Beer will be involved. I might get a burger AND a hot dog. Living the dream.

• Locked thread