Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

ZearothK posted:

“Oh, thanks. Another 180,000 conscripts, they are certainly intent on making the next war a bloody affair. We may need to increase ammo production at this rate, but… Alright, let us go to the political evaluation, not everything is meant to be entertainment.”

Wrong picture I suppose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

:neckbeard: More Hansa!

I'm glad to see this continuing, I'm very fond of this LP's universe.

But I'm curious about the viewpoint of the latest update, At first I thought it was Aztlan, but that can't be it, it was referred to in third-person. Is it Viktoria?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

It is old Itzcoatl reading up on spy reports, the obsessive micromanager that he is. He probably does wargames out of his campaigns with his grandchildren.

Jesenjin posted:

Wrong picture I suppose?

And fixed! And an important lesson about doing updates in a hurry between class breaks because oh god where is my free time.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 24, 2015

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I elect we take out India. It's high time to put them in their place. :black101:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I elect we take out India. It's high time to put them in their place. :black101:

You do mean the Republic, yes? I quite agree! It is time to mend broken bridges with the Raj, and to make them the only power worth consideration on the subcontinent!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

You do mean the Republic, yes? I quite agree! It is time to mend broken bridges with the Raj, and to make them the only power worth consideration on the subcontinent!

No, all of them. We need to wipe them all out and start anew.

Plus I need to amend for that botched vote a few months back. And since I can't remember who's who just get rid of them all.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Going forward we first need to come to terms with the world that has developed around us. A world in which the Hansa's horizons, and reach, have experienced an incredible contraction.

I submit that the Ixachitlani Hansa, the European Hansa, and the Indian Hansa, have pretty much gone their own separate ways. The Hansa itself is no longer an institution of enough substance to honestly serve as something to hold those things together. Leadership of the Hansa, held by Neubauten, means very little outside of Viktoria and Nordland. Thus it follows that the Hansa's horizons do not, in practice, extend beyond Neubauten's. And Neubauten itself is in a much more restrictive position than back in its heyday.

First off, the Aztec victories confront us with a reality in which the home territories themselves are not secure. Their ability to henceforth pose an existential threat means that the home front commands most of our attention. Secondly, our failures abroad - giving up on Africa entirely, losing India in all but name, and giving up the east Asian initiative to China (which turned into our practical non-presence and the loss of our most important ally) - have meant that other than a handful of bases and small colonies we have lost Africa, south and east Asia. A hundred years ago we were actively competing with the strongest maritime powers in the region, today they have carte blanche to do as they want without even having to pay a thought to us.

Thus always keep in mind, that in the face of that great shrinking of our geopolitical reach, our decisions in this Hansetag will ultimately determine one thing: we will have to either humbly accept that the Hansa is no longer the Global Empire it once was and that its interests will be best served through playing the role of a regional superpower, or we will choose to attempt to re-assert our once worldwide dominance, once taken for granted and since comprehensively challenged. Belonging firmly to the latter camp it is my opinion that we must seek to maintain a proactive role in Africa and Asia. Our presence must be felt in all lands where the sun shines, and in the case of Africa it is my deep, honest belief, that it can be shaped into a decidedly Hanseatic continent as long as we fight aggressively to maintain the initiative in that continent.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Uh we really need to land a crushing defeat on the Aztecs. Sadly I don't think that's possible until great wars.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Uh we really need to land a crushing defeat on the Aztecs. Sadly I don't think that's possible until great wars.

Hey, they will eventually recover all their cores! Or we will get machine guns, whatever comes first.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

YF-23 posted:

our failures abroad - giving up on Africa entirely

Actually, our African policy achieved 100% of its goals and was therefore a huge success.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

“Lübeck is not like Neubauten, my friend, and there is no better way to realize that than to compare the new Lübeck to Neu Lübeck… Uh… The rebuilt city of Lübeck to Neu Lübeck. Here there is this enormous expanse around the city, an area set apart to remind you of the vast territory your people have the right to. A similar expanse can be found around Lübeck, the ashen fields cursed by the Selatan, a grim reminder of the price of our endurance.”

“Neu Lübeck has open gates and roads, here you can hear every language from around the globe. The past century has made it the heart of the Hansa, the most cosmopolitan and prosperous of the cities of the world. Lübeck is accessible through a single gate wrought of steel, a railroad leads to it. Parts of the city, still haunted by anomalies, are quarantined, it is a place of ordered streets and high walls, where no soul is unaccounted for, diplomats, administrators and generals. There is beauty there, in no place you will find a more modern or experimental architecture, but it is still a city with a singular purpose, to rule Europe.”

“Hamburg and Danzig would be more to your liking. The first receives many of the faces one would see around here, while Danzig is the queen of the Baltic, which is finally, after six centuries of conflict, entirely under control of the Hansa. Lüneburg negotiated a peaceful dissolution of the Scandinavian Empire, granting the Estrids a place in the local board of directors and their very own charter company to manage their estate. The Rurikovich rulers of Ukraine are still hesitant to enter into a free trade agreement, but they do have their own worries at the moment…”

“It is a very wide front, wider even than the one you have with the Aztec Empire and one that works to our advantage as the soldiers of the Holy Roman face the largest army of Europe, our allies.”

“Things are bloody, but very profitable, as the Ukrainians field weapons crafted in the factories of Silesia and wear uniforms woven in Pomerania. Not to mention all the broken glass they need replaced after their cannon drills. The Rurikovich will win, Vienna and Warsaw will be weakened and we will have access to more of the natural resources of Tartaria. There is an amazing amount of money to be gained from investing in railways in those vast territories.”

“But yes… The Baltic… There have been some very angry words between our leaders over a few treaties concerning the Hanseatic members there, I hope the delegates can reach a consensus before things get out of hand, as for the Scandinavian states… Their leaders and people sincerely believe they can join the Hansa in due time, and I do hope they will manage to, but for now their economies are too… Medieval and their guilds have barely been established. Norway in particular, ruled by another von Goon monarch, is looking forward to a nepotistic resolution to this desire.”

“As for Europe… Well, there is still one single power capable of offering a credible threat, I will admit. Our very own Aztec problem.”

“It is a good thing they are not welcome here, however.”

“We have successfully established a coalition with the Mediterranean and black sea states, to aid them in their development against the Aztecs to the west, the Tartars to the east and the Romans between us. It is for this reason that I can say with certainty that the Hansa has won in Europe, with our alliances and economic might we are more than capable of not only neutralizing, but crushing our only threat. but I still think it will never come to that, as the Scots have developed a diplomatic bridge between our nations.”

“But again, they do have their own agenda over the British Isles as well as Africa and the Pacific, they certainly enjoy a high degree of autonomy and infamous von Goon silvertongue working in their favour.”

“We have made some alliances with states that follow more… Traditional ideas, it is true, but this is realpolitiks, we are not planning on inviting them to our clubhouse.”

“France and her Pétit Napoleon? What about them? gently caress France.”

Use 1, 2, 3, etc to vote for events

Strategic Position:
a) Interventionism;
b) Follow Lübeck’s lead;
c) Maintain trade ties with Lübeck, but sever the military alliance;

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 24, 2015

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
2 B. Call it the Von Roe Doctrine, each has mastery in its section of the globe. This is Lubeck's back yard, so it is Lubeck's responsibility.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

There is little to gain from Europe. It is a very localised front in itself, and I do not see how following an interventionist stance would be more meaningful than following Lübeck's lead. In any case, Europe looks more like a distraction from more important things. C. Maintain trade links but sever the alliance.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
2B!

What's good for the Hansa is good for Neubauten, and this is very good for the Hansa. I believe that reorganizing our trade system in such a way will result in a net increase of prosperity for the Hansa. Our civilization, built upon the principles of freedom and industry, stands as the sole obstacle to the twin threats of Selatani and native Ixachitlani barbarism. We need to be a united front against the evils of the world if we hope to survive.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
My first Hansetag! I'm so excited! Grandpa Wittenborg would be so proud.

The Hansa are a united front, and more than a mere collection of individual corporations under a common, convenient banner. We could no more abandon her as abandon her daughter on the shores of the Long Island Sound. At the same time, trade is the lifeblood of our league of brotherhood, and we must brook no mercantilism if we are to remain the sharpest conglomerate in the world. Free Trade and Friendship must be the rule across the vast Atlantic. 1B

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 24, 2015

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Ultimately, this decision is not of our own making but of forces that exist beyond us. Remember that all human history is a construct, an artificially imposed series of problems and solutions. Who is the one pulling the strings here, I wonder? How easily our enemy manipulates print-capitalism to create division where none existed previously. We must investigate further if we are to survive...

I have no great love of the old order, but it is within our interests to maintain relations with the workers of Lubeck lest they be turned against us before the seeds of revolution have been planted. 2A

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 24, 2015

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
2B. The only way to ensure the solidity of the Hanseatic States is for its two greatest powers Neubauten and Lübeck to put their differences aside and work together. Handing Danish and Livonian trade over to Neu Lübeck will increase their profits, and in turn increase the aid it can give us in future times of need. Neubauten may lead the Hansa, but Lübeck is our representative in Europe.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

2C. Lubeck is guaranteed supremacy in Europe, but our diplomatic machine should be directing more of its efforts closer to home, to more directly counter the Aztec threat.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple

Luhood posted:

2B. The only way to ensure the solidity of the Hanseatic States is for its two greatest powers Neubauten and Lübeck to put their differences aside and work together. Handing Danish and Livonian trade over to Neu Lübeck will increase their profits, and in turn increase the aid it can give us in future times of need. Neubauten may lead the Hansa, but Lübeck is our representative in Europe.

Seconding this. Hopefully it won't make Lübeck think they're too big for their britches in the future, but that will probably make things more interesting anyways.

Unwise_Cashew
Jan 19, 2014
2B
Ha ha, time to ask the old board!

The Von Goon Wooden Tablet posted:

The Twelfth Rule of Business
Institutions before individuals. Pragmatism before ego.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Luhood posted:

Thirding this. (is that a word?) Let's not be unreasonable.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

2B, we must keep the Hansa together no matter the cost.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

2B

Lübeck is the most successful of the Hanseatic States, why shouldn't it be granted a reward? Still, we should keep our options open in case things go south.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Unwise_Cashew posted:

2B
Indeed. The Hansa is a worldwide co-prosperity sphere, and it is no greater than the sum of its parts. Each member state has a role to play in bringing wealth to us all. 2B

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

JT Jag posted:

Indeed. The Hansa is a worldwide co-prosperity sphere...

To be more precise, the world is our co-prosperity sphere.

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013
1A!

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Is there a more helpful against the Aztecs GP we could plausibly ally with if we ditch Lubeck?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Rincewind posted:

Is there a more helpful against the Aztecs GP we could plausibly ally with if we ditch Lubeck?

Probably not, the Inca hate us and they're the only other country potentially capable of taking them on with us.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Pakled posted:

Probably not, the Inca hate us and they're the only other country potentially capable of taking them on with us.

And I guess GPs from further afield wouldn't be any more useful in Ixachitlan than Lübeck is, so we might as well just continue following their lead in Europe since so far it's like the one place in the world where everything isn't falling apart for us horrifically. 2B.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

2B

Next vote when? :zoid:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

2B

Glenn Zimmerman
Apr 9, 2009
2B or not 2B that is- I'm voting 2B

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

2B

Ugh, seeing the Altaic Federation get wrecked is heart-breaking.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Did Corsica nab Sardinia there? Forza

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Italy is split in two.

Why did I have to realize that.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
2B, choo choo, this train has left the railway station

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

Unwise_Cashew posted:

2B

2B

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

alcaras posted:

2B, , this train has left the railway station

Yeah, this vote is so one-sided it's a line.

A RAILWAY LINE

alcaras posted:

choo choo

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 25, 2015

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
2B or not 2B is apparently the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
3C. The Scots are naturally in Lubeck's sphere of influence.

• Locked thread