Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Recoome posted:

every three days I have to shear the hair from my taint all the way up to the tip of my crack, lest it become "fly blown".

There's a dip for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

spacegoat posted:

Noted hairy fatasses Ghost Hand and Cataphract finally turn on Hollismason after he makes a crack about hairy fatasses, and at a ham tournament no less.

Seriously, of all the things he's posted that's what you get upset about? 29 pages of posts with such gems as cooking animal parts for bases and that's your final straw?

You do realise that that's what the final straw is... Something negligible that, combined with all the other poo poo, breaks the camels back.

But yes, enough derail. I've had him muted for a week but can't help but react when he's quoted.

My volkite chagers arrived today so I should be able to finish off my terror squad soon.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

The Sex Cannon posted:

I got bad news, bruh: I don't see the new ones.

Whoops, linked to the wrong one.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8k6olzv6rda83k0/Campaign_Cards_20150223.rar?dl=0

Also re: rear end cracks. The problem is not the fat, hairy asses of tournament-going warhams (and Magic players), but rather the refusal to a. buy and wear a belt and b. buy clothes that fit properly.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Re: hollismason.

He's been on a real tear lately with bad responses, likely due to so many people here (including myself) placing him on ignore. Loudly announcing it gives him more reason to further whatever's motivating him to poo poo up the thread. As obviously hypocritical as it is to post about not posting about him; can we settle down about making him an autist-exemplar so he can drop the attention seeking persecution complex?

I can recall a few times when his posts were insightful, helpful, funny even. As a contributor, he was frequent and mostly alright. Once the chicken bone thing turned into a dogpiling, he went full retard.

--

Now, on to actual hammin' topics.

I've got two games coming up against Necrons and Chaos Demons. I've been trying to figure out how I'll deal with them as dark Eldar and most of my planning has sort of devolved into "tie up poo poo in cc, hope for sweeping advance or demonic instability.

Mass poisoned shooting hasn't been super effective (except against Tau with lots of riptides and Nidzilla lists). I've mostly won by using Talos as big threat bubbles backed up by mobile assassination archons and threats of dropping buckets of dice on people (who don't realize that maybe a quarter of said dice will be wounds).

The necrons will very likely be a decurion detachment, chaos demons will be all nurgle with lots of tarpitting stuff like nurglings and blight wasps backed up by GUO and/or flying daemon prince. If he brings slaanesh, I'm probably in for serious hurt.

I'll have harlequins available. Solitaire plus a couple troupes in starweavers, backed up by kabalites in raiders. I'm really contemplating bringing the archon in the armor of misery make my opponents take Leadership tests at -2. (Assuming I read it correctly and it would affect them that way for combat resolution and stack with harlequin's Fear USR - right?)

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

koreban posted:

I've got two games coming up against Necrons and Chaos Demons. I've been trying to figure out how I'll deal with them as dark Eldar and most of my planning has sort of devolved into "tie up poo poo in cc, hope for sweeping advance or demonic instability.

Mass poisoned shooting hasn't been super effective (except against Tau with lots of riptides and Nidzilla lists). I've mostly won by using Talos as big threat bubbles backed up by mobile assassination archons and threats of dropping buckets of dice on people (who don't realize that maybe a quarter of said dice will be wounds).

The necrons will very likely be a decurion detachment, chaos demons will be all nurgle with lots of tarpitting stuff like nurglings and blight wasps backed up by GUO and/or flying daemon prince. If he brings slaanesh, I'm probably in for serious hurt.

I'll have harlequins available. Solitaire plus a couple troupes in starweavers, backed up by kabalites in raiders. I'm really contemplating bringing the archon in the armor of misery make my opponents take Leadership tests at -2. (Assuming I read it correctly and it would affect them that way for combat resolution and stack with harlequin's Fear USR - right?)

With Necrons you won't really need to have anything faster that your standard models to easily sweep them if you get into close combat and Dark Lances will go a long way to tearing down whatever Quantum Shielding they may have. With the new Necrons you really just need to put in as many wounds as you can and hope they stick, as there's no longer ways to bypass Reanimation Protocols, even in close combat. Stock lists with solid shooting and a little CC should do you fine. Venoms, Raiders, etc. Priority is generally just going to be whatever is the largest threat, unless they bring specific Formations, in which case you'll want to break their bonus by killing the model(s) that the perks rely on.

Nurgle Daemons are slow and playing keepaway with fast units is going to be a good plan. Any units the Dark Eldar can field will outmaneuver everything except a flying Daemon Prince, so I suggest kiting them around. The benefit from this is that Nurgle Daemons are also pretty terrible at range and the longer you hold out the better Power From Pain you'll have if they catch you.

Dark Eldar are a pretty good matchup for both of these armies and for both of them there's really no better advice than "put bullets/shards/blades into them until they stop moving."

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
So I have the doubles mini-tournament on Friday as a warmup for Crucible this weekend. My plan is to start my army build with the cookie-cutter Leviathan list of three Flying Hive Tyrants and three Mucolid Spores and then pepper in a couple other choices. The "base" list is 765pts and I doubt I'll change it, which gives me 235pts of Tyranids to work with.

So far I have the following two setups:

Tyrannocyte 75pts
Toxicrene 160pts

or

Harpy 135pts (140pts)
++Twin-linked Heavy Venom Cannon 5pts
Zoanthrope 50pts
Venomthrope 45pts

While I really want to play with the Toxicrene, I have a feeling I'll get more use out the second option, especially as a defensive boost for the first turn. Which would you all prefer or can you build a 235pt option to rival these?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Sulecrist posted:

How do you outfit your Stormraven, and why?

Asscan :v:/multi melta. I roll on with it and unload missiles into something that needs to die such as a wave serpent, riptide, knight, whatever. The multi melta buys another wound/hull point against heavy stuff and the asscan gives more dice to roll for rends and cleaning up small targets.

Re: siccarian. It was ok against serpents buts more of a baseline shooting platform to sneak in a last hull point, help torrent something down, and generally be the cleanup for the Knights and airplanes that may not be in position to deal with small threats. It's also a hard to kill backline unit to stand on maelstrom objectives while the rest rolls forward.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

PierreTheMime posted:

So I have the doubles mini-tournament on Friday as a warmup for Crucible this weekend. My plan is to start my army build with the cookie-cutter Leviathan list of three Flying Hive Tyrants and three Mucolid Spores and then pepper in a couple other choices. The "base" list is 765pts and I doubt I'll change it, which gives me 235pts of Tyranids to work with.

So far I have the following two setups:

Tyrannocyte 75pts
Toxicrene 160pts

or

Harpy 135pts (140pts)
++Twin-linked Heavy Venom Cannon 5pts
Zoanthrope 50pts
Venomthrope 45pts

While I really want to play with the Toxicrene, I have a feeling I'll get more use out the second option, especially as a defensive boost for the first turn. Which would you all prefer or can you build a 235pt option to rival these?

I dig on that second option. A lot more versatile. And you'll dominate the gently caress out of the psychic phase, too. Dealing with multiple flyrants is really hard, and my usual plan is try and do as much damage on turn 1 before they start swooping around. That cover save boost will help a lot with that.

The Toxicrene is so much loving fun, though. And it's an awesome model.

Evor 3
Feb 19, 2010

The Sex Cannon posted:

I dig on that second option. A lot more versatile. And you'll dominate the gently caress out of the psychic phase, too. Dealing with multiple flyrants is really hard, and my usual plan is try and do as much damage on turn 1 before they start swooping around. That cover save boost will help a lot with that.

The Toxicrene is so much loving fun, though. And it's an awesome model.

If they limit that tyrannocyte to 45 degree firing arcs it gets less sexy however. See if you can discern how they are going to rule on it. I too dig the second option.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Naramyth posted:

Asscan :v:/multi melta. I roll on with it and unload missiles into something that needs to die such as a wave serpent, riptide, knight, whatever. The multi melta buys another wound/hull point against heavy stuff and the asscan gives more dice to roll for rends and cleaning up small targets.

Re: siccarian. It was ok against serpents buts more of a baseline shooting platform to sneak in a last hull point, help torrent something down, and generally be the cleanup for the Knights and airplanes that may not be in position to deal with small threats. It's also a hard to kill backline unit to stand on maelstrom objectives while the rest rolls forward.

Sorry to keep harassing you with questions- did you give it sponsons or did you keep it naked?

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
Back from LVO. Went 4-2, losing one game to an Ork player who argued with almost every single thing I did on the first turn ("You can't move there. You can't see that. That rule doesn't work that way. That doesn't count. That die was cocked. etc.") and Sean Nayden, who won the tournament. Sean was a good played and I definitely made some mistakes against him, but the clincher was my three Serpents and three Avengers and two Broadsides failing to kill a single Lictor when the six of them dropped in, allowing him to just sorta waltz out and murder half the units in my deployment zone. Ah well, that's the dice I suppose.

The tables were extremely varied- some of them had TONS of blocking terrain, some not very much at all. I'd say as a whole they were pretty good- and Reece and the other guys did a great job of organizing things and running the tournament, as usual- but I definitely felt like there were times where the matchup came down more to where the terrain was than anything else. The table for the final match had crazy amounts of stuff on it- something like 40% of the table was blocking terrain 8" high or more.

Highlander was fun. Had a really exciting game my final round against a guy with a pure BA where it was neck-and-neck right down to the very final turn, with both of us dragging the Relic around and getting into melee and charging and shooting and everything. My minimum-size Kroot squad managed to hang out in his deployment zone for six full turns in a duel with a Tactical squad where we both closed the distance, shooting the whole way, and eventually finished it with a 2" charge. They failed a lot of cover saves, but never ran away and fought the good fight right up until the end.

Also hit some restaurants and shows while I was there; saw some comedy stuff, visited the Bellagio and had a hell of a dinner, met tons of the East Coast guys and talked with them, generally was really good times.

koreban posted:

Against Necrons DE are actually in a pretty good place- their guns are mostly 36", outranging the Necrons' 24", and your mobility allows you to stay away from them while still shooting to full effect. Getting into melee can be a backup plan, but DE have the anti-infantry and anti-tank firepower (thanks to Lance) to break Necrons pretty effectively, so you should be alright there. The Decurion is crazy-tough to hurt, but remember that it doesn't have Objective Secured- it's very possible for you to steal objectives off it on the final turns of the game. Just keep shooting away and do all the damage you can before the game ends and try to get bottom of the turn if you can. The Armor of Misery is nice if you can get it in range, but it's not something you can really rely on and it puts you in a very dangerous place.

Daemons are actually a lot easier in many ways. Nurgle stuff is mostly a pushover for you because your guns don't care about Toughness values and it's almost trivial to outmaneuver him. Deny him cover saves where possible and remember that Cavalry units have to take Dangerous Terrain tests any time they cross over anything Difficult. Slaanesh is a lot faster but has no resilience to speak of, so just hammer his harder-hitting units (Seekers, Keeper of Secrets) with your guns and work your way down to weaker things as you can. Daemons are immune to Fear but not to the Armor of Misery and the various "take a Ld test" weapons that DE can bring, so those can be useful.

A small Harlequin detachment could work against either army, but it would be most useful against the Daemons (as against Necrons it suffers from all the same problems you have delivering DE units into combat.) In either case, a good mix of Venoms and Raiders with Ravagers and other typical support units will be very valuable.

Von Humboldt posted:

I'm actually curious about this. There's a lot of debate in my gaming group over how good Sicarans are versus Serpents. I maintain that they're alright at handling Serpents - you knock off a HP a turn if they are in cover, and two if they are not, rounding up in both cases - but are better used to kill about a thousand other things that might show up. Versatile, basically, but not a hard counter. Some of the other guys have raging boners for the things, and claim that they are just the best loving things versus Serpents and a direct counter.

It's mostly a dude that thinks three Sicarans shoved on a Skyshield (gently caress physics lol) is just the nastiest thing imaginable. Of course, he's not got the models, but he's heard things.

I don't rate the Skyshield much (amongst other things because it severely limits your movement), but Sicarans are rad. The loyalist one has no real reason not to take Lascannon sponsons and Legacy that gives Tank Hunter (25pts!), and with that loadout you should murder Serpents most every time. It's more than just that, though- Arks, Barges, Flyrants, Bikes, and tons of other units that are typically quite resilient can all come apart in a hurry against the Sicaran, and even with all the fixins it's still a surprisingly cheap vehicle that is quite tough. Lacking the ability to get Tank Hunter, the CSM version isn't as brutal at hunting vehicles, but it can get Rending for its Heavy Bolters and has other good Legacies of its own to choose from.

The big think against Serpents is that the Sicaran is AV12 on the sides and Fast (making it harder for the them to get into side arcs to snipe it off) and forcing them to stick to cover, rather than being able to go anywhere they want with impunity and still get a cover save as they please. Limiting the enemy's mobility is always a strong option.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Von Humboldt posted:

three Sicarans shoved on a Skyshield (gently caress physics lol)

Use the old battlewagon rules. If a model falls off, it's fallen off in the game, resolve damage accordingly.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

AbusePuppy posted:

Back from LVO. Went 4-2, losing one game to an Ork player who argued with almost every single thing I did on the first turn ("You can't move there. You can't see that. That rule doesn't work that way. That doesn't count. That die was cocked. etc.")

What do you do at a tournament when someone behaves like this?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Was that the Ork player with the green tide and void shield? I heard bad things about him.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

DO IT TO IT posted:

Glass him at the bar the night after?

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

Glass him at the bar the night after?

Local lad just kills them with kindness ... while also religiously knowing the rules inside and out.

His opinion is that these fucks usually are seen as the aus-pect warriors they are and shunned accordingly.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Au-tist-warriors

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Was that the Ork player with the green tide and void shield? I heard bad things about him.

God drat goons and their goony friends

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

DO IT TO IT posted:

Mark 'em down on sportsmanship and grit the teeth through the match; not a lot else you can do. We ended up having to finish due to time after he argued a ton of rules ("Skimmers can't go onto buildings!") and other stuff; I probably would've had him, too, if not for him getting super-lucky on stuff. My twin-linked Tank Hunting Meltagun with two shots in double-pen range failed to see a single damage result against his Battlewagon, two Serpents and two Hornets in side armor failed to even do one HP of damage to the same, one of his Nobz passed six 6+ armor saves in a row in close combat, etc.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

This was a different guy. He was running the five-Battlewagon formation with scout, three big units of Tankbustas, two units of Boyz, Grotsnik, and a Lucky Stixx Warboss.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

DO IT TO IT posted:

Call a ref over until they get sick of it, out side a tourny, pack up your models and hit the bar or play with someone who's not that much of an arse.

I (recently) played a 2k game with a guy, who questioned Everything- and I mean Everything. Deployment took an hour. I went first- my turn, 20 mins. An hour later, at the end of 1st turn shooting, he looks at the DA bikes and says 'oh, they have scout' and I thought he was gonna say we have to reset.
He knew None of the special rules, for he's army, or mine, and insisted on looking Everything up, and not taking my word for Anything. At All. Even when he'd looked it up 10 mins ago.

After 4 hours, at my turn-2 move (and I went first, remember) when he argued a call over a charge (Which, looking it up afterwards, I would have made the distance), I gave up 'I can't do this any more' picked up my minis and went back to the bar.
In hes' defense, the club is in a pub, and I'd been drinking, and that was my one day off in a fortnight (thanks to a perfect storm of lovely shifts) - so I was perhaps less tolerant than I could have been, but ffs, I play to have fun.

Renfield fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 24, 2015

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Okay guys, ran into a Blood Angel's Formation disagreement last night.

When using the rule Augur Triangulation it states, "If a friendly unit with the Blood Angels Faction arrives from Deep Strike Reserve within 12” of at least two models from this Formation equipped with teleport homers, then it does not scatter, and can charge on the same turn it arrives."

Now the argument was what can use the deep strike, as in only other Blood Angels models or can my Belial detachment or Dark Eldar allies or detachment also use this too?

I would say they can because on page 14 of the BRB under the "Friendly And Enemy Models" paragraph it states that, "All models on the same side are friendly models. Models controlled by the opposing side are enemy models."

The rule does not state the model has to be from the Blood Angel formation or faction it just says "...a friendly unit WITH the Blood Angels Faction..."

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Do you mean, for example, if you had Belial attached to some Blood Angels Terminators?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I dunno, that seems pretty clear that it means a unit that is both a) friendly, and b) has the Blood Angels faction.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

BULBASAUR posted:

Au-tist-warriors

I was going for a play on Austistc spectrum and aspect warrior, thought it worked.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Stanyer89 posted:

The rule does not state the model has to be from the Blood Angel formation or faction it just says "...a friendly unit WITH the Blood Angels Faction..."

Factions are 'codexes', basically, so you can't deep strike an allied space marine army from another codex. Same for dark eldar etc. If it was worded something like "a friendly unit TO the blood angels faction" then you could do more shenanigans with it.

The one way around it is what panascope is suggesting- you are battle bros with somebody and stick an IC into the a group. In that case I think you can.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

DO IT TO IT posted:

I played against a guy who did this but I was actually wrong on a few things . He was stomping poo poo out of me and would still double check my codex to make sure my black knights did in fact have I4 (wtf). I just conceded after the third time I had to call a judge over about a LoS dispute. If I was a better player I would have just been a really ungraceful winner I think.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
yeah, that seams reasonably clear - must be Blood Angels Faction, so doesn't apply to anything that's not.

Are Blood Angels a Faction though, or is it Imperial ?

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Do you mean, for example, if you had Belial attached to some Blood Angels Terminators?

No, just straight up any other unit that is considered friendly.

ANAmal.net posted:

I dunno, that seems pretty clear that it means a unit that is both a) friendly, and b) has the Blood Angels faction.

I would agree if the rule said, " If a friendly unit HAS the Blood Angels Faction arrives from Deep Strike Reserve." but it doesn't, it states,"If a friendly unit with the Blood Angels Faction arrives from Deep Strike Reserve".

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 24, 2015

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
GW doesn't really have any rules for mixed units of any kind.

Does a Blood Angel Tac Squad with 3 Blood Angels Characters and 1 Dark Angel Character have the Blood Angels Faction? Who knows.

Does a 10 man Jump Pack Squad, with a Jump Pack Character and a Bike Character have the Unit Type Jump? Bike? No idea.

I'd play it that if the base unit has a Faction, then it will count as that Faction no matter what characters are attached. If it's a unit of only Independent Characters, don't do that.

Dark Eldar is right out, though. They're not friendly and they can never be attached.

Stanyer89 posted:

I would agree if the rule said, " If a friendly unit HAS the Blood Angels Faction arrives from Deep Strike Reserve." but it doesn't, it states,"If a friendly unit the Blood Angels Faction arrives from Deep Strike Reserve".

It's not asking if they are friendly with Blood Angels. It's asking if the friendly unit has the Blood Angels faction. You're parsing the sentence wrong.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Stanyer89 posted:

No, just straight up any other unit that is considered friendly.

I would agree if the rule said, " If a friendly unit HAS the Blood Angels Faction arrives from Deep Strike Reserve." but it doesn't, it states,"If a friendly unit the Blood Angels Faction arrives from Deep Strike Reserve".

No, you're just reading it wrong. A Faction is an attribute of a model, not of a detachment.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

Only units that are Blood Angels can make use of the formation bonus. "If a friendly unit HAS the Blood Angels Faction arrives from Deep Strike Reserve..." isn't even grammatical.

I would disagree with MSP that a "mixed" unit can take advantage of the bonus (I think models maintain their faction even when attached to a different unit) because some of the models would be allowed to charge while others could not, but I definitely agree that there is a lot of disclarity with the issue. Similar problems have come up in the past with faction-specific abilities (Markerlights, Eldar psychic powers, etc) and GW has never deigned to clarify the issue- not that their responses in FAQs usually do much good in that regard.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Factions are 'codexes', basically, so you can't deep strike an allied space marine army from another codex. Same for dark eldar etc. If it was worded something like "a friendly unit TO the blood angels faction" then you could do more shenanigans with it.

So the example of how a Dark Eldar can deep strike any unit it is attached to from its Eldar Allied Deatchment (could be other way around Eldar HQ attached to DE Unit), is worded with TO instead of FRIENDLY WITH? I do not know the exact wording for that rule unfortunately.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I don't think the Webway Portal specifies the faction at all, actually, which is why you can deep strike an Archon with a bunch of Fire Dragons in a Venom or whatever.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

I was just curious. I figured it would mean only Blood Angel's models can, but after I re-read it a couple times I was really hoping it would mean any models on the same side are allowed to use the deep strike assault.

Maybe GW will FAQ this White Dwarf only Formation that breaks all other BRB rules when using Teleport Homers and Assaulting from Deepstrike to be even more gimmicky for us Blood Angel players... :mmmhmm:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah a lot of GW rules are made or broken by tiny little changes in how they are worded. I really wish they had a better editing process or just wrote them better in the first place.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Yeah a lot of GW rules are made or broken by tiny little changes in how they are worded. I really wish they had a better editing process or just wrote them better in the first place.

I just want a reason to use my Dark Angel's again, mainly my man mode Belial and his merry band of Inner Circle Terminator troop friends.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Green tide guy is super chill and a really nice guy. I'm really happy he did as well as he did. Though the bubble is a bitch of a spot to be.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

BULBASAUR posted:

Yeah a lot of GW rules are broken

e: Although to be fair the 7th core rules are quite a bit tighter than 40K has been for a while.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
LVO had a 30k event:
http://mordian7th.blogspot.com/2015/02/pictures-from-las-vegas-open-heresy.html

Interesting to see the armies out there. The Dark Admech army is hilarious because its basically 10 models. Yellow knight titan guy seems fun to play against. Surprised I didn't see any Typhons or Thudd Guns. Lots of castellax, thantars, sicarans, and spartans though.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
A independent character joining a Blood Angels unit who is not of the Blood Angels faction would in fact be able to charge after deep strike because to declare a charge you have to select a unit and say it's charging. That unit is a Blood Angels unit with the Blood Angels faction, there's no such thing as a "mixed unit".

Independent Characters are treated as part of that unit for all rules purposes which includes declaring a charge.

That unit is a Blood Angels unit with Blood Angels faction, for units of multiple models you do not declare a charge per model, but the unit as a whole does.

A similar but not quite the same situation involves Eldar and Dark Eldar characters joining Harlequin units and being able to run and charge in the same turn after the 2nd turn.

Well what happens if two Independent Characters form one "super unit", that depends on who joins who or who moves into coherency with the other first. That sounds weird but there is a difference between joining and being joined by.

The other problem is that there is a distinction in the rules in regards to models and units which can lead to confusing issues.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Master Twig posted:

Green tide guy is super chill and a really nice guy. I'm really happy he did as well as he did. Though the bubble is a bitch of a spot to be.

Really? Because I think he's kind of a dink. Also he's been accused of cooked dice in two events I've attended with him. He's a good player but from the outside he has an attitude problem.

Granted I'm sure I come off as loud and abrasive so whatdoyoudo.

Re: sponsons on the raven. Nope, 30 points is too many. I do like them but they are the first thing on the chopping block for me.

• Locked thread