Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Thanks for the link and all but hey quick question. Does another version of that clip exist without a retarded ogre bellowing unfunny narration over the top of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

SirPhoebos posted:

Was something supposed to happen in this? I didn't notice anything unusual.

It's not so much a glitch as it is a funny little thing with ragdoll physics. It's a little unusual unless you think dead enemies are always supposed to keep moving forever.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I've been slowly making my way through this thread and I actually have something to contribute. Unsurprisingly, it's a Skyrim glitch.

Does anybody remember one of the first patches for Skyrim (PS3/360) where Bethesda hosed something up to the point where the dragons flew backwards? Well, in spite of that, I soldiered on and just avoided fighting any dragons...until it ended up being unavoidable. While exploring, I found the hot springs and a backwards-flying dragon happened to find me. The dragon crash-landed, rear end-first, and attempted to attack in spite of only being able to move backwards, as if some cosmic force was pulling the dragon away from me. Because of this, I couldn't reach it to attack.

Soon, the dragon blasted rear end-first back into the sky and flew backwards toward the closest mountain, roaring in protest until he disappeared from view. Unfazed, I carried on through the hot springs until I got to a little pond with a Vampire. Mara Eye Pond or something like that? I killed the Vampire with a bit of struggle and moments later, it started to rain...and a mudcrab dropped from the sky. Then another, and another until the rain had been replaced with mudcrabs. Soon the ground was covered, my FPS turned into a clip show, and the PS3 hard-locked.

Mudcrabs, nasty creatures.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Supposedly they fixed that, but I had Paarthunax go spiraling backwards up into the sky right in the middle of a conversation just a few weeks ago. In your case though, it probably doesn't help that the PS3 version is the most broken and buggiest version of Skyrim that exists (which is really saying something).

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kimmalah posted:

It's not so much a glitch as it is a funny little thing with ragdoll physics. It's a little unusual unless you think dead enemies are always supposed to keep moving forever.

(Psst, watch the video with sound on)

GreatGreen posted:

Thanks for the link and all but hey quick question. Does another version of that clip exist without a retarded ogre bellowing unfunny narration over the top of it?

(Psst, watch the video with sound off)

Also, not the same clip, but sameish glitch posted earlier in the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md4CnNfLiiI

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That Nickelback goon is crazy, cr1tikal is great.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kimmalah posted:

Oxyclean posted:

(Psst, watch the video with sound on)

...and my joke goes over everyone's head :smith:

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

SirPhoebos posted:

More and more people never seen the classics.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

SirPhoebos posted:

Well, I get it now. I thought the joke was that the game acted like that all the time.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Not sure if you're suggesting that I also missed the joke, I was trying to give a subtle hint to it rather then stating it outright since the reference doesn't make much sense if they happened to watch it with sound of like I did at first. :v:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Oxyclean posted:

Not sure if you're suggesting that I also missed the joke, I was trying to give a subtle hint to it rather then stating it outright since the reference doesn't make much sense if they happened to watch it with sound of like I did at first. :v:

Oh, didn't get that from my first reading. Sorry.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
edit: Nevermind, it appeared to be a bug but it actually was a product of the game being localized in a weird way :(

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 08:50 on Feb 20, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Che Delilas posted:

More and more people never seen the classics.

I guess not because I still don't get whatever reference that is.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Don't know if it has already been posted or not, but a couple of MK9 glitches are about. Not quite as good as the fatality/suicide videos of... MK Deception? But still pretty good.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kimmalah posted:

I guess not because I still don't get whatever reference that is.

It's a reference to Michigan J. Frog, acharacter from old Warner Brothers cartoons:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
/edit: aaaaaaaaaaaand already been done by SirPhoebos. Sorry mate, I missed your post. :(

Edmond Dantes has a new favorite as of 14:00 on Feb 20, 2015

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8SAAKhGVw

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Huh, I've seen models go nuts and fly through the air, but I don't think I've seen the flesh blanket variety before.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

It's a reference to Michigan J. Frog, acharacter from old Warner Brothers cartoons:

That doesn't make any sense. Why would they reference a dumb frog?

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

MindlessHavok posted:

That doesn't make any sense. Why would they reference a dumb frog?

:golfclap:

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
It's a reference to Spaceballs, which referenced Michigan J. Frog. hth.

e: ugggh i have been wooshed

More AC:Unity: http://gfycat.com/UnlinedFastIguana

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I'd forgotten I had this happen to me in Killer Instinct, game hard locked 5 seconds later: http://www.trueachievements.com/gameclip.aspx?clipid=4659373

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Couple of my friends was playing SS13 and discovered it was possible to shoot someone by baking a gun into a pie and throwing it at the target, we're still trying to figure out if it's a glitch or if it's working as intended.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Samovar posted:

Don't know if it has already been posted or not, but a couple of MK9 glitches are about. Not quite as good as the fatality/suicide videos of... MK Deception? But still pretty good.

So that's how they handle dismemberment?
Interesting.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Robindaybird posted:

Couple of my friends was playing SS13 and discovered it was possible to shoot someone by baking a gun into a pie and throwing it at the target, we're still trying to figure out if it's a glitch or if it's working as intended.

Hitting someone with an item in a pie will behave as if you activated that item on them. It only works for some kinds of activation, so not all items work properly with it. Grenades, guns, and beakers of chemicals all work though.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Hitting someone with an item in a pie will behave as if you activated that item on them. It only works for some kinds of activation, so not all items work properly with it. Grenades, guns, and beakers of chemicals all work though.

What about handcuffs? That would be pretty amazing

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Robindaybird posted:

My favorite is if you lay down and then stand back up really fast you can do brain surgery on yourself.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm pretty sure it's limited to things that could conceivably "go off" or trigger when impacting, stuff that would require you to manually manipulate it won't work.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The SS13 pie thing is intentional and it's great. What's not intentional is the behaviour when you start working with mechanics components and item pies.

See, Mechanics can use a bunch of components, some logic components and some made for interacting with the world, to construct all kinds of things. Set up a button, tell it to send the signal "fart" to its outputs, connect it to a sound synthesiser, press the button and voila, a speaker grille is saying "fart".

One of the components is called the graviton emitter. When it gets a signal, it flings anything on it. This counts as throwing it, so a graviton emitter can activate item pies. But here's the thing - who's using the item? When you throw the pie yourself, it's the person doing the throwing using the item on the person who gets hit, but what about when it's thrown by a machine?

Well, turns out, the game will backtrace who the 'source' of the pie is. If you pushed a button to activate the graviton? You threw the pie. And mechanics components can be connected directly into various parts of the station, like fire alarms and doors. If you open a door, and that sets off a graviton with a pie on it, you threw the pie.

Now where this gets funny is that there's an item called the russian revolver. It's exactly what it sounds like, has one bullet and six chambers. Using it on yourself (or actually on anyone) will make you point it at your own head and pull the trigger, with instantly lethal results if you get unlucky. Now, let's say you bake the revolver into a pie, point a graviton at a monkey off in some quiet corner, put the pie on the graviton and wire it up to be triggered by a random high-traffic door somewhere on the station.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

What about handcuffs? That would be pretty amazing

Handcuffs, food, syringes and anything else that takes time to do will work, but only if you're standing next to the person for the duration.

E: You can also throw pies into your own face, by throwing them at a wall next to you. The pie can't enter the tile with the wall, so it stops, and since there's a person in the tile it's stopped in, it hits them in the face.

Dabir has a new favorite as of 21:59 on Feb 22, 2015

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

ARMA 3? Helicopter goes subterrainian
https://zippy.gfycat.com/SecretPertinentEyelashpitviper.webm

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
That looks to me like a car going into the air, which is almost the exact opposite of a helicopter going into the ground. The helicopter is clearly for launching purposes.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Dabir posted:

Now where this gets funny is that there's an item called the russian revolver. It's exactly what it sounds like, has one bullet and six chambers. Using it on yourself (or actually on anyone) will make you point it at your own head and pull the trigger, with instantly lethal results if you get unlucky. Now, let's say you bake the revolver into a pie, point a graviton at a monkey off in some quiet corner, put the pie on the graviton and wire it up to be triggered by a random high-traffic door somewhere on the station.

So what happens? If the revolver goes off, does it kill the monkey, or the person who opened the door?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Just Offscreen posted:

So what happens? If the revolver goes off, does it kill the monkey, or the person who opened the door?

The person who opened the door, if it goes off. There's only one bullet in the cylinder and you have no way of knowing where it is, so at minimum, there's a one in six chance they will mysteriously "shoot themselves" with a gun baked into a pie colliding with the face of a monkey on the other side of a station-wide Rube Goldberg-esque Jigsaw deathtrap. To outside observers, it would seem like the player opened an airlock and then immediately shot himself in the head using a gun that apparently did not physically exist, as though he somehow blew his own head off by placing his finger to his temple and going "pew pew". It would be even more confusing to the player that actually died! :v:

If the gun didn't go off, I think everyone would see the "puts the revolver to his head and pulls the trigger. Click!" message, which would confuse people a bit, but not as much as some guy spontaneously exploding his own head when he tried to walk into a supply closet.

Pie sorcery is pretty funny, but I'm still a fan of the really off-the-wall glitches, like the time someone managed to make his character jitter so violently from caffeine, sugar, drugs, and mutations that he ended up glitching his sprite onto a different tile and becoming impossible to directly interact with (because his sprite no longer corresponded to the tile he occupied and did nothing when you clicked it, and he couldn't be clicked because his own tile did not have a sprite on it). Or the relatively recently patched physics wonk that allowed Engineers to create infinitely powerful demon engines by causing infinitesimally small amounts of gas to achieve infinite temperature and fuel the heat turbine with the fury of several billion suns. Or the old bug that allowed you to glitch out while flying through the air and levitate around spinning eternally for the rest of the round. Or the brief period when setting cheese on fire caused it to spread cheese smoke, which left cheese on every tile it touched, which subsequently caught fire and created cheese smoke, until the server crashed to its knees and imploded under the burden of an infinite recursive flaming gaseous cheese grey-goo apocalypse.

Angry Diplomat has a new favorite as of 17:17 on Feb 24, 2015

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh man, those glitches sound fantastically hilarious. I love when games break in a really bizarre, but sensible way.

Trying to think of some glitches in WoW I've ran into over the years, not quite on that level or the Hakkar blood plague that gets brought up all the time but:

Once upon a time, I swear as a warrior, using the charge ability through a body of water (either from out of water into water, or from water out of water) would cause the game to freak out and desync you.

Spinning your character too fast at one point would DC you. I learned this by turning up the DPI on my mouse and shaking it back and forth ( a fun way to make people who hop on my passenger mounts sick) - and some of my guildies were able to replicate it.

But my favorite was probably the firebombing of Dalaran. There was some old quest from BC where you got a fire bomb to throw at some demons on a flightpath. If you were quick you could throw two before the item went on cooldown. For whatever reason, you could use the firebomb while not on the flight path, and not in the quest area, rather uncommon for that sort of quest item. Someone realized that you could take advantage of one of the hotkey scripts on a logitech keyboard to basically spam a key insanely fast - letting you drop a ton of bombs before it went on cooldown. Now while you couldn't hurt any players with the quest bombs, you could sure as hell make them lag with the sheer amount of graphical effects from 20+ going off at once. It certainly didn't help that Dalaran, the capital city/hub of the time was not friendly to most peoples frame rates due to it's cramped nature.

After spurring much howling and baying in trade chat it didn't take long for my friend to get a whisper from a gm to "knock it off." :v:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Not really a glitch, but more of an oversight in WoW I found way back in The Burning Crusade, they added (or moved) a world boss called Doom Lord Kazzak that players could just find hanging out in the world and fight whenever. The thing about Kazzak was one of his abilities called Mark of Kazzak:

quote:

Mark of Kazzak: Casts a non-curable debuff on a random player in range with mana. It will drain the target's mana for 5% of his total mana per second and explodes for 5,000 Area of Effect (AoE) damage when there is no more mana to drain. Lasts 8 seconds.

Which basically means your mana gets drained and if you're below a certain percentage of mana when you get the mark, you'll explode and deal 5,000 damage to yourself and everyone else around you. At that time I played a paladin, a mana-using class with an ability called Divine Shield which makes you immune to all damage for around 10 seconds. What I'd do is go where Kazzak was, stay as far from him as I could (a boss-level enemy could easily kill me in one hit), engage him, burn some mana and wait/hope for him to cast Mark of Kazzak while he made his way over to me.

If I got it, I'd immediately use Divine Shield and start teleporting to my home city while Kazzak stood there, beating at my invincible rear end. Upon arriving at an inn in Stormwind (or any crowded city) I'd run out to where everyone usually gathered, a mailbox or such and let myself blow up. With the help of a few other paladins, we suicide bombed the bank and mailbox until the ground was covered with corpses and skeletons.

Soon after, Mark of Kazzak was patched so it would disappear if you left the zone where he was. Good call.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
In Battlefield 3 I discovered a hilarious glitch by accident. I managed to make my APC fly. It was hilariously easy to reproduce, just drive along a long stretch of terrain, preferably with some small hills. This would make the APC build up an incredible speed and momentum. If you then crash into something solid, this would launch you into the air. The physics engine would then proceed to poo poo itself, and the APC would just fly randomly about.

Also, for some reason the autokill script wich kicked in if you walked outisde of the playable area of the map didnt work on a flying APC.

EDIT: heres a video of the glitch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQY5RRaDrVM

GyverMac has a new favorite as of 21:46 on Feb 24, 2015

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There could be a different glitch (for :dice: I'd readily believe it) but the one in the video is actually what happens when an APC lands in the water, which makes it bounce around for no explainable reason. Here it's actually used to launch a vehicle from the ground to the top of a skyscraper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyjxCP_eOko

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Stare-Out posted:

Not really a glitch, but more of an oversight in WoW I found way back in The Burning Crusade, they added (or moved) a world boss called Doom Lord Kazzak that players could just find hanging out in the world and fight whenever. The thing about Kazzak was one of his abilities called Mark of Kazzak:

Which basically means your mana gets drained and if you're below a certain percentage of mana when you get the mark, you'll explode and deal 5,000 damage to yourself and everyone else around you. At that time I played a paladin, a mana-using class with an ability called Divine Shield which makes you immune to all damage for around 10 seconds. What I'd do is go where Kazzak was, stay as far from him as I could (a boss-level enemy could easily kill me in one hit), engage him, burn some mana and wait/hope for him to cast Mark of Kazzak while he made his way over to me.

If I got it, I'd immediately use Divine Shield and start teleporting to my home city while Kazzak stood there, beating at my invincible rear end. Upon arriving at an inn in Stormwind (or any crowded city) I'd run out to where everyone usually gathered, a mailbox or such and let myself blow up. With the help of a few other paladins, we suicide bombed the bank and mailbox until the ground was covered with corpses and skeletons.

Soon after, Mark of Kazzak was patched so it would disappear if you left the zone where he was. Good call.

My favorite was the zombie event Blizzard added on purpose.

It started out slowly with the disease lasting for 10 minutes until you died and became a zombie that could infect others by biting them. As the days rolled on, the time it took to turn grew shorter and shorter until dispelling classes were outmatched and they too would fall to the undead. :allears:

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
It was also one of the cooler things they did but people threw tantrums because they couldn't idle in the capital anymore despite the expansion reset button being only a few weeks away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Way to ruin a somber scene Walking Dead, this was the one time that you decided not to load in a model and this is what happens.