Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

SwiftKey never did try a correct my loving swearing into any bullshit other words, even when using its "flow" swipe equivalent. actually it is pretty much impossible to type duck with flow. gently caress, suck,and dick take priority unless you pause meaningfully over the d and u keys (which defeats the point really).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

duTrieux. posted:

only if the pr people are terrible

I'm not sure you're familiar with google

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

haha

a guy very patiently explaining posted:

Assuming that Google isn’t particularly interested to convince you just for argument’s sake (in fact, it’s quite likely interested in not wasting any effort at all in unproductive arguing), the current process seems optimal. There were opinion differences about what is excessive. At the point of appeal, you showed that there *still* are opinion differences about what is excessive – i.e., that you didn’t want to drastically change your keywords, but wanted to negotiate some way of keeping them. At that point saying “come back when you’ve thought it over” is an appropriate answer – one that I’d give myself.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

it is pretty much impossible to type... with flow

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

The Management posted:

I'm not sure you're familiar with google

i have literally had google employees ask me to make a presentation deck more googley

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

i have literally had google employees ask me to make a presentation deck more googley

better break out the xylophone

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

in defence of not autocorrecting gently caress over duck: communicating not on SA or wherever you wanna break out the cuss words freely.

like an email with a client or something. if there was an auto correct to poo poo or gently caress or whatever, it could be a big deal.

I don't think they're trying to force values on us, just protect us from that.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

in defence of not autocorrecting gently caress over duck: communicating not on SA or wherever you wanna break out the cuss words freely.

like an email with a client or something. if there was an auto correct to poo poo or gently caress or whatever, it could be a big deal.

I don't think they're trying to force values on us, just protect us from that.
oh theres no doubt its not like there are any real repercussions if every gently caress is a duck but set it up the other way and that big meeting at work about the duck pond goes horribly wrong

still its remarkable how ive never had any other keyboard so consistently not type what i want

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

LastInLine posted:

still its remarkable how ive never had any other keyboard so consistently not type what i want

this is what it boils down to, and just in general; not only with curse words

googles kb is really bad in a lot of ways

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i push buttons then letters appear on the screen

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Boxturret posted:

i push buttons then letters appear on the screen

unfortunately.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Mr Dog posted:

unfortunately.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr Dog posted:

unfortunately.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Mr Dog posted:

unfortunately.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr Dog posted:

unfortunately.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr Dog posted:

unfortunately.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Mr Dog posted:

unfortunately.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

imagine an eco system so broken you have to sign a deal with carriers just to put your own app on your own OS

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/02/23/google-softcard-google-wallet-deal/

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

oh and you give that OS away for free but still gotta bend over for the people you give it for free to

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

PleasureKevin posted:

imagine an eco system so broken you have to sign a deal with ISIS just to put your own app on your own OS

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
lol isis mobile wallet

dude rolls out of bed one day and is watching the news eatin breakfast and is like gently caress.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

lol isis mobile wallet

dude rolls out of bed one day and is watching the news eatin breakfast and is like gently caress.
They already renamed themselves after The Islamic State began making high production value beheading videos, but no one noticed because no one used it

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

austin was a test market for isis and I tried it. holy hell was it bad. like it made bitcoiner rants about the difficulty of using cash seem reasonable. mobile wallets are useless without touchid or something similarly reliable and easy.

the only good thing is that for the most part the stores left up their "pay with isis" stickers and you can use apple pay there. except my local bike shop because the isis folks never actually gave them the nfc scanner.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the loving funniest one is still currentc

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Wild EEPROM posted:

is that the one that prints out a qr code that the customer is supposed to scan to complete the transaction?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

FMguru posted:

is that the one that prints out a qr code that the customer is supposed to scan to complete the transaction?

you laugh, but I deal daily with "idea" guys who come up with poo poo that can only be solved in 10 steps and get huffy when I tell them how nobody in their right loving mind will do it and refuse to even consider it as a line item to be discussed at our project meeting.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

you laugh, but I deal daily with "idea" guys who come up with poo poo that can only be solved in 10 steps and get huffy when I tell them how nobody in their right loving mind will do it and refuse to even consider it as a line item to be discussed at our project meeting.

currentc's customers are retailers not the people who will be making payments so they just ignored them

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the best part is how they need data important for making purchases like location data, contact list, and health info.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i like apple pay

in fact i used it just the other day to buy this retinal imac i got, seemed fitting.

frankly i just wanted to do a nearly $3000 transaction over apple pay to see if it'd work, it did and it showed up on my phone in less than a second not from pay but from my american express app that said "yo this just went thru" on my notifications screen.

why does every other type of provider want to make things so difficult

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
i went to mcdonalds today and now they have signs saying "pay with your phone now" so i guess they support nfc

Sniep posted:

i like apple pay

in fact i used it just the other day to buy this retinal imac i got, seemed fitting.

frankly i just wanted to do a nearly $3000 transaction over apple pay to see if it'd work, it did and it showed up on my phone in less than a second not from pay but from my american express app that said "yo this just went thru" on my notifications screen.

why does every other type of provider want to make things so difficult

because they don't get your sales info with apple pay

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

computer parts posted:

i went to mcdonalds today and now they have signs saying "pay with your phone now" so i guess they support nfc

because they don't get your sales info with apple pay

nor should they.

they get the money that's enough.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Sniep posted:

i like apple pay

extreme virtue itt

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
this is a f;ucking nice computer

suck it google

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

can confirm that it is the ultimate computar

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

elements of steves body fused into every pane of retinal igzo glass

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

theadder posted:

elements of steves body fused into every pane of retinal igzo glass

makes smashing them with a brick all the sweeter op

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

u cant kill the spirit

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sniep posted:

this is a f;ucking nice computer

suck it google

I have one at work and now I can't look at my second monitor because it makes me sick

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I mean not literally sick, but the pixels disgust me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Wild EEPROM posted:

as a product for consumers, yes it sucks

but being a freelance dev guy i was looking into accepting Square or something

as it is my clients pay $1.50 to pay with interact e-transfer, a dumb canadian thing

square would charge me $24 loving dollars per transaction ( once a week )

i imagine there is a regular Visa rate that they are paying then marking it up to 2.75%

maybe apple can get that rate down to whatever Visa's base rate is, which i think i remember is like 1%??

anyway, what i'd like to see is phone-to-phone apple pay between individuals, but for really cheap or free. and currentC, since they don't have to pay CC rates, could actually have done that.

• Locked thread