Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't see gameinformer's podcast on the OP. It's relatively light listening, about an hour with 2-3 very focused topics weekly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

TetsuoTW posted:

I might give this a shot. I like what Sterling usually has to say, but I can't watch his videos because he's always dressed one fedora short of being Ser M'lady of the Kingdom of Limerence.

Podquisition is alright, but it is an overkill if you already have one or two current news podcasts in your rotation.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

ja2ke posted:

Pretty stoked for the 2015 podcast thread.

Much like the Year of Luigi, the Year of Podcast is not constrained by mere calendars.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Fiscal calendars, dude.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Phone posted:

Fiscal calendars, dude.
We did just finish celebrating Chinese New Year....

Gaming Podcasts 4713 AH: The Chinese Year of the PS3

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I may end up stealing that title just because the only joke I had this time out was "2015: just delayed for retooling"

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

TetsuoTW posted:

We did just finish celebrating Chinese New Year....

Gaming Podcasts 4713 AH: The Chinese Year of the PS3

It might be the year of the ps3 or maybe the Xbox 360 depending on which translator you ask. Turns out they use the same word for both which if translated literally simply means 'electronic device for playing games on a television'

zapjackson
May 21, 2012

While you're adding Jim to the roster for Video Games Hot Dog, it'd be cool if you wanna link up our twitters to our names.

Zack Johnson @zapjackson
Kevin Simmons @puzzletheory
Riff Conner @rifflesby
Jim Crawford @mogwai_poet

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The 2015 thread is almost ready but just needs a few more months for polish and to get the keyboard controls right.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

VDay posted:

The 2015 thread is almost ready but just needs a few more months for polish and to get the keyboard controls right.

Uhhhhh this is 2015 things don't need to work at launch.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

I may end up stealing that title just because the only joke I had this time out was "2015: just delayed for retooling"

Gaming Podcasts 2016: Now on Early Access!

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Ugh just re-release an HD version of the 2012 thread. That's the one everyone likes anyway.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

VDay posted:

Ugh just re-release an HD version of the 2012 thread. That's the one everyone likes anyway.

You know what I like about PS2 games? I keep gettin' older, but they stay the saaaaame age.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Gaming Podcasts 2015: Early Access Chinese New Year of the PS3

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

At the risk of opening old thread wounds, and of being doubly off-topic since it's not actually a Gaming Podcast, the whole Molyneux interview thing came up (perhaps unsurprisingly) on John Walker's own Rum Doings podcast.

Be warned that it's a very British, contrarian, and low-budget show, so might not be suitable for the more sensitive of American listeners.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

Zombies' Downfall posted:

You know what I like about PS2 games? I keep gettin' older, but they stay the saaaaame age.

Alright alright...please wait 1 hour or pay 99 cents to continue

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Zack, there's totally still a bunch of people making Super Mario World romhacks that aren't just ridiculously hard. Couldn't tell you where they congregate, I just watch raocow play them because that dude is hella pleasant, but if I had to guess it's http://www.smwcentral.net/

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Really enjoyed shawn's contributions on GWJ even though he sounded like he was coming over one of those old 1950's radios that make that weird whistling sound when you tune them. :) I'll definitely check out dying light in a steam sale.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

HMS Boromir posted:

Zack, there's totally still a bunch of people making Super Mario World romhacks that aren't just ridiculously hard. Couldn't tell you where they congregate, I just watch raocow play them because that dude is hella pleasant, but if I had to guess it's http://www.smwcentral.net/

SMWCentral is the main hub for romhacking SMW but there's also a big community for Super Mario Bros X (an unlicensed Mario level design engine), though I don't know what main places those people hang out. Raocow's own forum hosts big Mario projects once in a while too, including a fairly regular series of "Make A Good Level" contests that get a lot of participants.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
That Gex backstory, good lord. Also that discussion makes me want to see a Smash Bros style fighter where instead of Nintendo characters you have forgotten or washed-up 90s platformer mascots like Gex, Bubsy, Banjo & Kazooie etc

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
You're asking for the Conker version of Matt Hazard. Be careful what you wish for, please.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Jippa posted:

Really enjoyed shawn's contributions on GWJ even though he sounded like he was coming over one of those old 1950's radios that make that weird whistling sound when you tune them. :) I'll definitely check out dying light in a steam sale.

The tunnel-full-of-dicks makes its triumphant return!

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Song For The Deaf posted:

You're asking for the Conker version of Matt Hazard. Be careful what you wish for, please.

You do know this would be really good, right??

Modular Horse Bits
Nov 17, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

Speaking of which, holy poo poo Saints Row 2 is based on Titus Andronicus? Like I don't even know if that was a joke because I can actually kind of see that.
The Brotherhood storyline specifically, I meant. The guy who wrote it confirmed that yeah that's kinda what he was going for, but this was after the DragonCon panel where everyone was shitfaced, so who knows.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

This week's Retronauts looks at the many, many Tiny Toon Adventures games. Please humor me—I've wanted to do this topic for a long time.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

bobservo posted:

This week's Retronauts looks at the many, many Tiny Toon Adventures games. Please humor me—I've wanted to do this topic for a long time.

Can't wait to listen to this one today during my shift, and I knew Chris, from Laser Time, was on this episode as soon as I saw Tiny Toons typed out.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

bobservo posted:

I liked Buster Busts Loose! Especially after I learned how to get past the stage with the train that was falling apart. That was an early gaming road block for me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gently caress Buster Busts Loose. I got that for christmas instead of something good.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Oh man I remember tiny toon adventures on NES being real good. Big sprites, characters with unique move sets and weird bonus stuff like I think a star wars reference level or something on the world map? Gonna have to give this a listen tonight.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Buster Busts Loose is cool, you drool

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hakkesshu posted:

Buster Busts Loose is cool, you drool
Said someone who's never had a correct opinion ever. Buster Busts Loose is a tragedy of a game. I could've had Metal Warriors or Super Metroid or any number of great platformers, but no

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Said someone who's never had a correct opinion ever. Buster Busts Loose is a tragedy of a game. I could've had Metal Warriors or Super Metroid or any number of great platformers, but no

Metal Warriors and Super Metroid are both really awesome, checkmate.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Quick, we must celebrate this occasion, for you have just made your first correct statement since birth.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I have a love/hate relationship with the Tiny Toons game for GameBoy. It was one of the first games (along with Super Mario Land 2) that I ever beat on my own as a kid, but I'm afraid to revisit it because there's no way it's any good. Someone suggest it for Abject Suffering so I can have a therapy-type breakthrough epiphany on air.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I have a love/hate relationship with the Tiny Toons game for GameBoy. It was one of the first games (along with Super Mario Land 2) that I ever beat on my own as a kid, but I'm afraid to revisit it because there's no way it's any good. Someone suggest it for Abject Suffering so I can have a therapy-type breakthrough epiphany on air.

SPOILERS: The first one is okay! The second one is a little too hard for its own good, though.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The first GB game is what introduced me to Hall of the Mountain King.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bv9iuC4KJs

It's a decent game, simply by virtue of it being actually beatable back in the day. The final boss fight is a slog though.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Ha! I'm in the same boat, I played the poo poo out of the first GB one when I was a kid, because I didn't have anything else much at the time, and I'm sure it was terrible but I have fond memories.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I'm not sure if I like the Super Best Friendscast. There's four people and one of them is really obnoxious, but he's also speaking the majority of the time. It's neat because it kinda reminds me of staying up late chatting with friends about video games, but then it also reminds me of why I'm glad that part of my life is over.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Which one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Stan Taylor posted:

Oh man I remember tiny toon adventures on NES being real good. Big sprites, characters with unique move sets and weird bonus stuff like I think a star wars reference level or something on the world map? Gonna have to give this a listen tonight.

There were multiple TTA games on NES and 2 out of 3 were not bad just avoid the cartoon studio one because gently caress there's literally nothing there. On the SNES Buster Busts Loose is actually pretty good too it had a neat wall running/climbing mechanic and had some pretty great movie reference stages the sports challenge game on the other hand is warmed over garbage.

• Locked thread