Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Oogh, that art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

IIRC they said he still can transform he just doesn't need to because it doesn't change anything aside from his hair color.

On the other hand he got bodied by a god so I guess God Power is stronger?

The Old Supreme Kai told Gohan that in order to activate the power up he needs to do 'that super saiyan thing'. Gohan does and he turns mystic without changing hair color. Why are people making my super serious fighting anime inconsistent :qq:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't get the text

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it means "come at me so I can defeat you"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

bowmore posted:

I don't get the text

Well the 7 dragon balls grant a wish. The wish is 'a nigga would [try whatever]'

I wish a nigga would
A shorter way to say, "I hope ol' dude pull that poo poo so I can beat on his rear end". Means you wish somebody would do somethin that would piss you off.
Kid 1: Aye, that White kid is gonna dress up as a slave for halloween and come to school like that.

Kid 2: Man, I wish a nigga would put that drat black paint on his face, I'll slap a patch out his stupid-rear end.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh ok, yeah I think I've heard that before.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
sheltered white kids itt

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Cardboard Box A posted:

Visually it is similar...

But since Dragonball borrowed from Superman, Superman can borrow from Dragonball.

If there's one thing superman needed, it's more powers.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opji5DgE_nQ
That live action Trunks Story came out today with their first episode.

The effects are actually pretty drat good.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 24, 2015

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Kild posted:

Well the 7 dragon balls grant a wish. The wish is 'a nigga would [try whatever]'

I wish a nigga would
A shorter way to say, "I hope ol' dude pull that poo poo so I can beat on his rear end". Means you wish somebody would do somethin that would piss you off.
Kid 1: Aye, that White kid is gonna dress up as a slave for halloween and come to school like that.

Kid 2: Man, I wish a nigga would put that drat black paint on his face, I'll slap a patch out his stupid-rear end.

its almost astounding that you can make a post embarrassing enough to stand out in a thread about anime

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Actually diggin that ink

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Firstborn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opji5DgE_nQ
That live action Trunks Story came out today with their first episode.

The effects are actually pretty drat good.

The effects and the choreography are pretty good; they actually kind of sold the high impact high speed fighting.

The dialogue wasn't as bad as I was expecting, except for Trunks. That kid cannot act. The Androids were fine.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah, I found myself hoping they fast forward a little and had an older Trunks.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Monaghan posted:

If there's one thing superman needed, it's more powers.

Superman can expel all the solar bullshit built up in his body into a big explosion and then hes a normal dude for a day or something.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

KoB posted:

Superman can expel all the solar bullshit built up in his body into a big explosion and then hes a normal dude for a day or something.

Why would he ever need to do that

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When it's date night with Lois.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Why would he ever need to do that

well isn't the new Superman kind of an rear end in a top hat? so I'm imagining something like

'Yeah I solved North Korea.'

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Some Numbers posted:

The effects and the choreography are pretty good; they actually kind of sold the high impact high speed fighting.

The dialogue wasn't as bad as I was expecting, except for Trunks. That kid cannot act. The Androids were fine.

I agree, which surprises me since I expected this kind of fan project to be a steaming pile of hot garbage.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
The writing fails at a basic level, though. If you don't already know History of Trunks, it's completely incomprehensible.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So what's the consensus on the blu ray sets? Kai is great for the trimmed filler but I know it's a 4:3 format. I heard the regular series blu has a wide-screen format so what are people saying is the go to choice?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kingtheninja posted:

So what's the consensus on the blu ray sets? Kai is great for the trimmed filler but I know it's a 4:3 format. I heard the regular series blu has a wide-screen format so what are people saying is the go to choice?
Most people would say Kai but I like the original in all it's pride and glory. It just depends whether you want original or kai.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Don't get anything of Z that's in 16:9. The series was originally produced and broadcast in 4:3, and every widescreen set has accomplished this widescreening by way of chopping off the top and bottom of the image, leaving a 16:9 image behind. It's the inverse of those old pan-and-scan full screen movie releases.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Currently rewatching the best part of DBZ: Gohan going to high school.

The narrator is SO loving HYPED about Gohan not being late for class.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Terper posted:

I loved how every male in the class is absolutely ripped, too. It's like animators had no idea how to draw a "normal" person.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I loved how every male in the class is absolutely ripped, too. It's like animators had no idea how to draw a "normal" person.

They all also have hilarious voices. Blonde dude immediately gets on Gohan's grill about him being such a nerd when every other dude in class has the most nasally nerdy-rear end voice you've ever heard.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Plus the pun name base for his classmates is "school supplies" so you get Sharpner and Eraser and stuff.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Terper posted:

I'm glad someone else agrees with me about the best part of DBZ.

Edit: It's either that or Trunks and Goten dressing up as Mighty Mask.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

VanSandman posted:

I'm glad someone else agrees with me about the best part of DBZ.

Edit: It's either that or Trunks and Goten dressing up as Mighty Mask.

I loved the high school/Great Saiyaman episodes, as well as the driving school one, the first part of the first Broly movie, basically anything in the series that shows our godlike murder-savant heroes having to interact with society at large and being kinda bad at it.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Terper posted:

They all also have hilarious voices. Blonde dude immediately gets on Gohan's grill about him being such a nerd when every other dude in class has the most nasally nerdy-rear end voice you've ever heard.

Also funny when Gohan is ripped as gently caress but he wears glasses and studies, fuckin nerd.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've been watching the Buu saga too and everything about Gotenks is the worst thing.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Aurain posted:

I've been watching the Buu saga too and everything about Gotenks is the worst thing.

I think that was kind of the point. Gotenks is two stupid kids in one body.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"We spent the entire day fighting, what a great first date that was! :allears:"

Oh Chichi.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Terper posted:

Now let's be fair here: Gohan is a huge loving nerd.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

VanSandman posted:

The viewer is basically supposed to be Piccolo with regards to Gotenks.

I.e. STOP MESSING AROUND, SHUT UP, AND KILL BUU.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I loved Gotenks, because he injected something that DBZ had really been lacking for a while: New special moves. I'm probably forgetting one, but I seriously can't think of any move more recent than, like, Goku's teleport Kamehameha by that point. And some of Gotenks' poo poo wasn't even just a beam! Pretty impressive imho

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

VanSandman posted:

It's cool how it's foreshadowed with their idiotic Mighty Mask switcheroo plan.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I forgot about Schwarzenegger Nappa.

E: Eh, more German.

Terper fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 25, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

The viewer is basically supposed to be Piccolo with regards to Gotenks.

I.e. STOP MESSING AROUND, SHUT UP, AND KILL BUU.

Yeah, very much agreed, the problem is that it gets dragged out a bunch even in Kai and when something is meant to be annoying "ironically", so to speak, it stops being ironic and starts being just genuinely annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
The characters also revealed themselves to be totally separated from any real human emotion. Everyone they know and love is dead? Big loving deal.

It's no surprise the audience then feels the same way.

• Locked thread