Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

hooah posted:

I was wondering why it suddenly wanted media permissions.

As was I when I was uploading it to Google Play :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
The new version is having trouble loading custom yospos stylesheets from the bookmarks list. Going to the next/previous page in a thread, if there is one, will load the stylesheet.

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.
Can the new version open the Games forum?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Gentwise posted:

Yes

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Weak.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Is the setting to turn off that half-width thread/forum list format disabled in the beta or am I stupidly missing it? I had it set to phone/off because it's too drat narrow in portrait on my Nexus 7 but now it seems to ignore the Thread Layout setting.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Posting threads - when will that come online?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Breath Ray posted:

Never, thankfully

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Breath Ray posted:

XIII is being pessimistic; it'll just take until someone figures out how to make a quality OP from a phone.

Grab a Snickers.

In the meantime, if your life depends on making an OP from an Android device, there's always the browser.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
You're not you when you're angry.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

CrashCat posted:

Is the setting to turn off that half-width thread/forum list format disabled in the beta or am I stupidly missing it? I had it set to phone/off because it's too drat narrow in portrait on my Nexus 7 but now it seems to ignore the Thread Layout setting.
Not at the moment but restoring functionality of the setting is on the list.

Gentwise posted:

Both market versions, normal and beta should be able to open the games forum for a while now.

Breath Ray posted:

Possibly never. Awful isn't really under development anymore, I'm just fixing showstopper bugs. The Material Design-ish changes that currently are in beta will probably be the biggest changes for a while. And those have been in beta since like fall.

If you wanna post threads on your phone you gotta use chrome or buy and iPhone

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Sereri posted:

Possibly never. Awful isn't really under development anymore, I'm just fixing showstopper bugs. The Material Design-ish changes that currently are in beta will probably be the biggest changes for a while. And those have been in beta since like fall.

If you wanna post threads on your phone you gotta use chrome or buy and iPhone

Aha. Well why don't you forget the MD changes, put the Post option in, and make it a freemium app (lurking only without upgrade).

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Sereri posted:

If you wanna post threads on your phone you gotta use chrome or buy an iPhone

Thread creation also works on my Windows Phone/Windows 8 apps too, but I don't know if anyone other than myself actually has done so :v:.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Drastic Actions posted:

Thread creation also works on my Windows Phone/Windows 8 apps too, but I don't know if anyone other than myself actually has done so :v:.

Edit: Wrong quote!

Breath Ray posted:

Aha. Well why don't you forget the MD changes, put the Post option in, and make it a freemium app (lurking only without upgrade).
Lowtax (or whoever) is not keen on any of the forum apps being paid given that they actually strip the adverts off the forum.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Feb 26, 2015

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Tunga posted:

Lowtax (or whoever) is not keen on any of the forum apps being paid given that they actually strip the adverts off the forum.

Which is why mine (and I'm pretty sure all the other ones) are completely free and open source. Not sure what that has to do with what I said :confused:.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Drastic Actions posted:

Which is why mine (and I'm pretty sure all the other ones) are completely free and open source. Not sure what that has to do with what I said :confused:.
Sorry, was trying to quote the guy above you!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sereri posted:

Not at the moment but restoring functionality of the setting is on the list.
I would like to see this get done as well, that half forum list, half thread thing bugs the crap outta me. Would much rather slide out both the full forums list and thread list at the same time and leave the actual thread as its own panel/whatever.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Breath Ray posted:

Please don't do this. The app is fine the way it is. I don't understand why not switching to a browser or waiting till you get home to post a thread is such a big hairy deal.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I'll give you $2.99 for the fully functioning app with Post-Eez(tm), the fastest way to post on the go.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Pasties? :wink:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
This has 10k downloads on Google play. Let's assume 2k active users. That makes six grand in dollars. Let's do it.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Breath Ray posted:

This has 10k downloads on Google play. Let's assume 2k active users. That makes six grand in dollars. Let's do it.

Once more, there is no way lowtax is going to let an unrelated third party charge money for an app that strips out the ads. I don't know why this isn't obvious.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
whoooooo caaaareesss

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

pokeyman posted:

whoooooo caaaareesss
big ol android-having nerds

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

If you want to support Sereri's stewardship of this app, someone gift him copies of Battlefield Hardline and/or Battlefront this fall.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Hadlock posted:

If you want to support Sereri's stewardship of this app, someone gift him copies of Battlefield Hardline and/or Battlefront this fall.

I'm pretty sure this would have the opposite effect

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sereri posted:

I'm pretty sure this would have the opposite effect
Yeah, someone should gift you good games instead.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Once more, there is no way lowtax is going to let an unrelated third party charge money for an app that strips out the ads. I don't know why this isn't obvious.

Yes - I'm sure lowtax, who has watched impassively as site revenues slump into the low 3 figures and all but 11 users migrate to Twitter and reddit, will leap into action right away on this.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Is there a text to speech app that will read text from apps like the awful app so that I can listen to threads?

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

SlayVus posted:

Is there a text to speech app that will read text from apps like the awful app so that I can listen to threads?

Pay me five bucks/page and I'll read a thread for ya.

Ten and I'll do it sensually :quagmire:

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ryanbruce posted:

Pay me five bucks/page and I'll read a thread for ya.

Ten and I'll do it sensually :quagmire:
Lowtax won't let you charge for this unless you also read out the adverts.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
I don't want to post new threads from my phone. I don't want to read threads that are posted from a phone.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
whoooo caaaaaares

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

CharlieWhiskey posted:

I don't want to post new threads from my phone. I don't want to read threads that are posted from a phone.

Would you pay $2.99 to not read them?

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Sometimes I get a page with half the avs being question marks. Doesn't matter if I reload, stays the same.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Some pictures appear as small squares -- I think if they are attachments. Can you sort that out please?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Screenshots please

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

midnightclimax posted:

Sometimes I get a page with half the avs being question marks. Doesn't matter if I reload, stays the same.

They're animated gifs which are disabled by default

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Sereri posted:

Screenshots please

Here's an interesting one. The first pic appeared as normal. The second was the little grey square in the bottom left that I had to touch then click Show inline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Hi, I have stupid questions because I am usually an iPhone user.

How do I post a picture from the android app?

Can I turn off the post confirmation dialog?

How can I change YOSPOS to amberpos in the app?

Is there a help page or FAQ or something for stupid babbies like me, beyond this thread?