Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Firstborn posted:

What?? gently caress that man, go take issue with them.

Go in with your arms crossed and ask if they can experience fear, then smirk and do a Big Bang Attack.

Yeah I went back to the store but none of the best buys in the area got more copies than their preorders. Then when I looked to order it off psn while I was standing at customer service the psn site doesn't show the bonus anymore either (on mobile anyhow). I'm gonna email Bamco and see if I can get an extra code from them maybe though I won't hold my breath.

I picked up the season pass anyhow because I wanna be the prettiest goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
So I just started this and the controls are god drat crazy in this, is there anywhere with a breakdown of the basic combat controls?

I already forgot or didn't learn half of them, worst goku ever.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Very important question and I am sure it has been asked and answered but I just started and need to know: is there anywhere I can see what my power level is?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

How do I further unlock Mentor missions?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kild posted:

How do I further unlock Mentor missions?

Level up

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Solomonic posted:

yeaoh-ken times 100

you get me

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is there some way I'm missing to be sure I get move/costume drops from Parallel Missions? I'm doing that first get the Dragon Balls on Namek mission and have gotten literally nothing from it every time, just bad luck?

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is there some way I'm missing to be sure I get move/costume drops from Parallel Missions? I'm doing that first get the Dragon Balls on Namek mission and have gotten literally nothing from it every time, just bad luck?

I dunno if it actually changes anything but I feel like using ultimates/supers as a finisher seems to help me get drops to show up more often. Could just be dumb luck though.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What can you wish for and is immortality one of them?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I don't think the dragon balls are ever explained, do you only get them doing those 'gather the dragon balls' missions?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So I'm getting my poo poo kicked in on the 2nd Time Patrol against Nappa and Vegeta. Do I just need to grind up a few levels on the one parallel mission I have access to, or am I just bad?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Nappa's just a motherfucker, brutal up close and his evasion move is a big up close aura. Level up but the main strategy is don't let him get close unless you're ready to do big melee attacks. Vegeta's easy, just block his beams, they hit like trucks but when you avoid lasers he's just a normal dude.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
One thing everyone needs to realize is that the game is designed around doing side missions between story missions. If you hit a wall, go do something else for a while.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Nappa's just a motherfucker, brutal up close and his evasion move is a big up close aura. Level up but the main strategy is don't let him get close unless you're ready to do big melee attacks. Vegeta's easy, just block his beams, they hit like trucks but when you avoid lasers he's just a normal dude.

Yeah, Nappa keeps knocking off huge chunks of my health leaving me with not enough to deal with Vegeta.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

More I play more I am satisfied with the game. There is some jankiness sometimes when fighters catch each other at odd angles, but on the whole this game's combat has a lot more depth to it than any anime game has any right to.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Scalding Coffee posted:

What can you wish for and is immortality one of them?

Mostly just for money, special cosmetic stuff, and the ability to rearrange your character's stats and looks.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Evil Canadian posted:

More I play more I am satisfied with the game. There is some jankiness sometimes when fighters catch each other at odd angles, but on the whole this game's combat has a lot more depth to it than any anime game has any right to.

Yeah. I admittedly suck at these games but after fighting Frieza for like 2 or 3 hours today things just started clicking. Although this game could have had a much better tutorial, or frankly, any sort of direction other than Trunks' never ending dumb poo poo.

This game already has a ton of content in it but it feels like there's so much potential for a solid multiplayer game that could last for a long time.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've never been the biggest fan of the "behind-the-back" style of combat that has been in the recent DBZ games, I always preferred the Budokai and Burst Limit style. But Xenoverse seems to do it way better than any other game has so far.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea this game is a big refinement of the last game like it, it actually manages to catch the feel of DBZ fights being rapid flashy things.

Also I dig the different forms being 'costumes' with different powers attached, it better fits the concept of 'ok when Goku could go SS3 he was like this and that was different from how he started out'. I get obviously the core reason was limitations of the system but I think they covered for it well, and honestly in game design that's what counts.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Krillin with hair and giant sunglasses now named Thrillin

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Harlock posted:

Krillin with hair and giant sunglasses now named Thrillin

Shoulda gone Illin

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Are the annoying parts so annoying that you wouldn't recommend it? Because I am right on the edge here of getting this.

Then again, I am already balls deep in the new Monster Hunter...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Unlucky7 posted:

Are the annoying parts so annoying that you wouldn't recommend it? Because I am right on the edge here of getting this.

Then again, I am already balls deep in the new Monster Hunter...

Nah, the most annoying parts are the 'kill a bunch of lovely footsoldiers/buu clones that will just wear you down after a bit' and that one dumb bit where it fully accurately represents how awesome Ginyu's body swap move is by making it a huge pain in the rear end to deal with.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Honestly that part wasn't that bad. Milky Cannon is made of shotgunning murder and I love it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I just hated switching from my tiny fast melee Majin to a big shotgun spammer, it was far from a terrible fight, just annoying.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Made a tiny lil' Frieza guy for kicks. Game has its fun moments but I'm not sure how all I feel about it yet, still need more time.

Not sure if this is just an issue with the PS3 version or whatever but there's some significant frame drops with some of the more crowded fights. The 3v3 tournament fight was where I first noticed it.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Just bought this game so I could make Neko Majin.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you totally can, too

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Laughing Man posted:

So I just started this and the controls are god drat crazy in this, is there anywhere with a breakdown of the basic combat controls?

I already forgot or didn't learn half of them, worst goku ever.

The, uh.... second post.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Your physical size doesn't affect what parts you can use does it? I want to make a tiny little Frieza man but with the big Second Form bull horns. Can that be accomplished?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Really not a fan of stats being locked to outfits. I like my default clothes, thank you.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ometeotl posted:

Really not a fan of stats being locked to outfits. I like my default clothes, thank you.

The stats on outfits are utterly insignificant, don't worry about it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I'm an energy blast user wearing an outfit all about boosting melee attacks at the cost of energy and I've noticed absolutely zero change in my fights. Like maybe if I was King Sperg of Autism Mountain I could time exactly how long they take and find that it is indeed slightly slower but it's not actually a thing I can feel in the functional sense.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Two questions:

When I get a teacher, can I switch later? Piccolo wants to hang out but if Goku shows up I want to be able to break up with Piccolo.

And can I adjust my character's features after I make him? I have new clothing but can I change his skin color and hair color?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

1) Yes, I'm pretty sure

2) collect the dragonballs

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

If I had a friend who was gonna buy this game tomorrow, could I play regular time patrol quests with them in co-op or is that limited to pvp matches and parallel quests?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Babe Magnet posted:

1) Yes, I'm pretty sure

2) collect the dragonballs

You rock, thank you.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I haven't gotten the game yet (PC player) but from what I've read, 1 is true. You can apprentice under everyone eventually right?

2 is definitely true, being able to remake your dude (outside of a name change) is one of the dragonball wishes

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea mentors are a progression system, you can't have 2 at once but when you do the last mentor quest it's basically 'yep good job we're done' and you can get another, or you can just abandon a mentor and start with a new one if you only want one thing from them. They're all entirely optional and all available, but some are obviously gated by progression (spoiler, you don't get to start out as Beerus' student).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea mentors are a progression system, you can't have 2 at once but when you do the last mentor quest it's basically 'yep good job we're done' and you can get another, or you can just abandon a mentor and start with a new one if you only want one thing from them. They're all entirely optional and all available, but some are obviously gated by progression (spoiler, you don't get to start out as Beerus' student).

That makes a lot of sense. Are there supposed to just be NPCs in the Toki Toki town or am I just not connected to online mode?

Edit: Helps if I read the OP, lmao.

Edit 2: I guess servers are down :(

Agoat fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 25, 2015

• Locked thread