Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Speaking of driving in reverse, I finally elited the Crusader SP. PLEASE tell me the next one isn't quite as lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

How lovely are the new premium tanks for 9.6?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Hellsau posted:

Play better I guess?

WitchFetish posted:

git gud scrubs

warcrimes posted:

lol, you're poo poo.

A few months ago, (if you guys remember that convo) I would have argued with you... But after trying to improve my stats, and failing atrociously, I can only agree with all 3 of you. Which is why I have done you all a favor and have stopped playing the game for a little while now... One less pubbie in your way I guess.

I'm hoping I will trash you all in world of Warship tho :black101:

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Overwined posted:

Don't forget the 300m snapshots from KV-2s.

I was in a game last night where 2 successive Luchs died while moving full gallop laterally to the KV-2 on Prok. The first one was an idiot and kinda ran out into the open. Still he was moving at full speed and the KV-2 one-shot him. The second Luchs was much better statistically and I'm sure he thought, "Nah, there's no way that tomato can make that shot again." Again full gallop and again moving laterally to the KV-2 who was in the back corner just off the road. Again, one-shot.

http://www.twitch.tv/circon/v/3825071?t=4h38m40s

From Circon's stream last night. 200m shot from a moving KV2.

kemikalkadet fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 25, 2015

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

BadLlama posted:

How lovely are the new premium tanks for 9.6?

The Center for Disease Control AMX is a pretty good tank and the STA-2 is trash.

I'd never pay real money for a non-pref tank but the CDC is good enough to be tempting for a detachment tank.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Who likes misery?

I do. I....do :smith:

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Is there anything that differentiates the STA-1 and STA-2?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

*watches as entire team camps one flank while I'm all alone on the other*

It's... it's just like old times.

*sheds a single tear*

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

srb posted:

Is there anything that differentiates the STA-1 and STA-2?

The STA-2 is worse and has the same matchmaking. The -2 is pretty much an elite STA-1 with the middle gun, which is actually pretty workable. But playing any Japanese tank without the goal of the STB is pointless.

Its really tempting to get the AMX CDC, since FCM is probably a better buy with pref matchmaking, but that price difference is pretty noticeable.

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 25, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
AMX CDC performs in T10 games, I really Really love this thing:

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1655806#erlenberg-mesadoram-amx_chasseur_de_chars

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

R. Mute posted:

*sheds a single tear*

I finally stopped doing that. I go and hide behind everyone else, and shoot anyone who bitches about it. We still get :killdozer: but I get to harvest a few tears first.

e- don't we normally have a new thread for a new patch? Not that this patch did much to improve anything.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

WayAbvPar posted:

e- don't we normally have a new thread for a new patch? Not that this patch did much to improve anything.

World of Tanks: Snapshot Constantly.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

WayAbvPar posted:

I finally stopped doing that. I go and hide behind everyone else, and shoot anyone who bitches about it. We still get :killdozer: but I get to harvest a few tears first.

We actually ended up winning that match somehow. It was mainly thanks to one - literally only one - player on the other flank actually rushing forward and a KV-2 and some artillery making good use of the fact that the entire enemy team was huddled around my corpse. The good thing about World of Tanks is that the other team is terrible too.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

World of Tanks: Snapshot Constantly.

did the patch change snapshotting?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

DonkeyHotay posted:

I've been getting way too rewarded for full bloom autoaim snapshots at vast distances.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

DonkeyHotay posted:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Well that is a very conflicting image

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Hellsau posted:

Accuracy is INSANELY good for snapshotting on NA server. Hetzer snapshotting with the derp, SU-122-44s firing on the move, full bloom Comet and T-25 shots - everything is hitting WAY too often. e: and full bloom, 90 degree turning SU-100Y shots from 200m, apparently.

The 2PAC consensus so far seems to be that they haven't really nerfed snapshots, they've nerfed sniping, especially with low accuracy guns.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Zero Gravitas posted:

Yeah, the whole reverse driving thing gets really old really fast. :/

Don't drive when you can help it. Set up and shoot. Your arc is wide enough to not lose camo that often.

warcrimes posted:

lol, you're poo poo.

It's me, I'm the shitler. I wonder how confused WN8 gets when you feed it thousands of games from three years ago when the game was radically different though...

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

R. Mute posted:

*sheds a single tear*

When your team camps one side, you can still win the game! However, the answer is not dying alone on the other flank.

Most maps have a lot of defensible terrain the entire way. Camping at spawn is worthless when you are too far behind the frontline to help, but if nobody is covering a flank, you want to be closer to your idiot team when you spot the enemy team.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ensign Expendable posted:

It's me, I'm the shitler. I wonder how confused WN8 gets when you feed it thousands of games from three years ago when the game was radically different though...

Eh, gently caress WN8 or any of those self-serving formulas.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

I noticed while fighting an AMX CDC that it has giant drive wheels that scream "shoot me so you destroy me while damaging the tank!"

It seems super easy to track them, which is a nice way to kill their mobility advantage.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

I guess they don't take any stats from NA West then

neither from both EU servers apparently

Atomizer posted:

Uh, OMC's updates pretty much every day. Check the changelog on the left side:

http://odemmortis.com/odem-mortis-modpack/

Only in the distant past did Aslain's update more frequently.

Aslains also updates every day at least once so I have no way why you try to talk it down

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

AMX CDC performs in T10 games, I really Really love this thing:

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1655806#erlenberg-mesadoram-amx_chasseur_de_chars

drat you. :argh:
I didn't want to buy a new premium, but luckily my birthday is coming up soon (and I got my salary yesterday, so welp).
Saw a bunch of CDCs yesterday, where almost everyone where driven by green or better players.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I'm really loving the accuracy buffs in 9.6; all my shots are dead-on! :D

R. Mute posted:

*sheds a single tear*

What's your IGN? Are you playing with goons?

Teron D Amun posted:

Aslains also updates every day at least once so I have no way why you try to talk it down

Because it's not as good as OMC Modpack. I mean they're close enough, but when I used to use both Aslain would update more frequently whereas OMC would always have a better selection of mods (i.e. all the mods that I want to use.) Nowadays they might as well be identical, but it's not fair to imply that OMC doesn't update with pretty much the same frequency as Aslain.

Stevefin posted:

It is that I have not seen a tier 9 or 10 game in it, at all in the few matches I have played so far. I could be very very lucky with mm tonight. but that just does not sit right in WoT.

I'm pretty sure the MM is skewed due to the missions. There are probably a lot more people playing tiers 5-8 (since there are "kill higher-tier tank" requirements) so you're getting more favorable MM. Conversely, there are basically no sealclubbers in tiers 1-5, so it's been a lot of fun stomping shitters in those tiers.

In particular, I finished the grinds on both the Sherman 3 and the Archer. The Sherm is loving gone now, and I don't miss it; I'm keeping the Archer because it's loving awesome. Any of you guys who were whining about it need to get gud.

Zero Gravitas posted:

Picked up this game again for the first time in three/four years - is there a way to make the Archer not suck?

So I played a bunch of Archer games today, and got five goddamn Ace tankers, including two back-to-back. That's out of 31 games total (the grind is complete.) Most of the games involved pubbies who just didn't want to win. Here's the first almost-carry game:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1656128?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

Followed by a few more Ace games:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1656130?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542
http://wotreplays.eu/site/1656132?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542
http://wotreplays.eu/site/1656133?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542
http://wotreplays.eu/site/1656135?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

Finally I ended on this match, which was actually not an Ace:

:siren: WARNING: CONTAINS 100% ARCHER OWNAGE and 100% PUBBIE RAGE :black101:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1656137?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

That was both the final match of the Archer grind and of the night. I couldn't continue to play and have to carry match after match, I was just too burnt out. We ended the session with these stats:

And this was how the Archer grind ended up:

So is there a consensus, Achilles or Firefly to the Challenger? I have both of the former unlocked (and am aware that the latter is underwhelming.) Looks like the Achilles is faster, but the Firefly has better traverse and armor (lol) with a worse gun.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Atomizer posted:

So is there a consensus, Achilles or Firefly to the Challenger? I have both of the former unlocked (and am aware that the latter is underwhelming.) Looks like the Achilles is faster, but the Firefly has better traverse and armor (lol) with a worse gun.

The Achilles also has TD magic that lets an equal-sized tank have half again as much camo. On the other hand I think the Firefly gets VStab? The extra 110 hit points and 5 extra kph reverse (for 18 total) are nice too.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The Firefly also has at least some modicum of gun depression. It's still not good, but it's downright pitiful on the Achilles for some inexplicable reason. But yeah, the Achilles is significantly faster. Personally, I can't decide which I like more, which is significantly slowing my progress towawrds the Challenger. :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Achilles is murder incorporated with the high shell velocity, high rate of fire, good pen and high accuracy gun, I just wish it carried more ammunition, it's so easy to run out.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Speaking of running out of ammunition, the top gun on the Sturer Emil prints Fadin's medals like crazy.

So far I haven't run out totally, but it's only a matter of time.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Nordick posted:

The Firefly also has at least some modicum of gun depression. It's still not good, but it's downright pitiful on the Achilles for some inexplicable reason.

Eh, it's just 6 vs 5 degrees, I wouldn't let that weigh in terribly much.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
:shrug: I dunno, the difference has certainly felt like more than that in game.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 25, 2015

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Zero Gravitas posted:

Picked up this game again for the first time in three/four years - is there a way to make the Archer not suck?

The Archer owns, you make it not suck by playing better. I don't have the top gun for it yet and you can still carry flanks or whole matches in it with it's fairly low profile and decent guns. The fast reverse is actually pretty handy for getting out of trouble.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

im playing the cdc without 6th sense and not uncommonly end up dying at first encounter. otoh, the other games it tends to dominate even at t10.

i've been playing ussr med line so i've been spoiled

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Uranium 235 posted:

I noticed while fighting an AMX CDC that it has giant drive wheels that scream "shoot me so you destroy me while damaging the tank!"

It seems super easy to track them, which is a nice way to kill their mobility advantage.

Tha or shoot the drivers hatch. I just played a game where my driver got killed, so I medkit him. He was then immediately killed a second time.

They might as well paint a big target on the hatch.

That said - it's kind of a fun tank. The gun depression lets it poke around and get easy pickings shots from all over and if you don't like where you are - you can leave. It's not a bad ride.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Nordick posted:

The Firefly also has at least some modicum of gun depression. It's still not good, but it's downright pitiful on the Achilles for some inexplicable reason. But yeah, the Achilles is significantly faster. Personally, I can't decide which I like more, which is significantly slowing my progress towawrds the Challenger. :v:

I didn't like the Achilles. Gun depression is poor, and you seem to be made of ammo racks. I ground it out almost entirely in strongholds and don't miss it at all.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

#JustUnicumThings

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

kemikalkadet posted:

#JustUnicumThings

So was he trying to arc his shells over the rock to hit other tanks, or trying to counter-battery you? I can't decide which one is more :downs:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

No he was alleging arty was cheating by shooting through the rock, and he was trying to do it back

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

No he was alleging arty was cheating by shooting through the rock, and he was trying to do it back

Why do I always give pubbies the benefit of the doubt. I think my brain simply refused to entertain that he could actually be that stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Also apparently WG EU confirms that they won't ban users for using forbidden mods, since there isn't a forbidden mod list