Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

There is a top-hat head for Aurelia and it's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Bugsy posted:

Go back to normal and kill Iwajira half a dozen times.

This was easy, quick, and fun and got me where I was going! Thanks!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
zarpedon is kicking me in the dick repeatedly, if anyone wants to help that would be cool:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/padijun

e: beaten, thanks gibbed

padijun fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 15, 2015

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Is it normal in TVHM for every enemy group to have at least two super badasses?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Yeah, pretty much. Though if it's like BL1 and 2, "Super Badass" is just the new name for Badass.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Solumin posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Though if it's like BL1 and 2, "Super Badass" is just the new name for Badass.

Yeah, I haven't seen anything just called "Badass", so I'd guess you're right there. I kind of hate it- it makes every fight a slog and occasionally I find one that can shoot through my shield and take 90+% of my health. I'm not really sure what I'm meant to do about that. Mostly I just try and freeze them, then switch over to the Skullmasher I found and shoot their faces until they unfreeze.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

Yeah, I haven't seen anything just called "Badass", so I'd guess you're right there. I kind of hate it- it makes every fight a slog and occasionally I find one that can shoot through my shield and take 90+% of my health. I'm not really sure what I'm meant to do about that. Mostly I just try and freeze them, then switch over to the Skullmasher I found and shoot their faces until they unfreeze.

You're playing solo? The game is a lot harder if you're by yourself.

The game actually doesn't allow you to get 1-shotted, which is probably why you're surviving with only a sliver of health left instead of dying immediately. :haw: I think your only options are better gear and more levels, since out-damaging the enemy is the only way to win. Unless you have a good defensive action skill like Athena's shield, for example.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I've tried multiplayer, but I tend to dawdle and check all the chests and ammo boxes and so on and everybody I've grouped with seems to want to move through the levels as fast as possible, so I just go solo rather than annoy people. I should pick up the Doppelganger- I love love love Showdown and Nisha is super-fun to play, but giving the enemies something else to shoot at was great as Roland, Axton, and Gaige so that might be the way to go.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

I've tried multiplayer, but I tend to dawdle and check all the chests and ammo boxes and so on and everybody I've grouped with seems to want to move through the levels as fast as possible, so I just go solo rather than annoy people. I should pick up the Doppelganger- I love love love Showdown and Nisha is super-fun to play, but giving the enemies something else to shoot at was great as Roland, Axton, and Gaige so that might be the way to go.

Spec down the right tree first and get the kill skill that gives critical hits (tombstone) and unchained. Once you kill someone you instantly become a whirlwind of death with Showdown, especially with a mod that boosts tombstone and the capstone of that tree. After that start in the left tree, since it immediately boosts your survival and is also amazing for damage once you get 10 points in. A lot of people go down the middle tree, which is fun, but ultimately I think the left tree ends up doing about as much damage with the survivability to boot.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Dyz posted:

Spec down the right tree first and get the kill skill that gives critical hits (tombstone) and unchained. Once you kill someone you instantly become a whirlwind of death with Showdown, especially with a mod that boosts tombstone and the capstone of that tree. After that start in the left tree, since it immediately boosts your survival and is also amazing for damage once you get 10 points in. A lot of people go down the middle tree, which is fun, but ultimately I think the left tree ends up doing about as much damage with the survivability to boot.

I went straight down the left tree for survivability and haven't respecced yet- thanks for the tip! I'll give that a shot.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

I understand. The general advice of "pubbies are terrible" applies here. There doesn't seem to be as much of a goon community for this game, unfortunately.

I haven't picked up the Doppelganger yet. I'm waiting for the season pass to go on sale.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Athena is great solo if you do the skill tree that makes her shield go crazy. It really takes the sting out of a lot of those Badass encounters. You can have a long stretch where you don't take any damage, your health is regenerating, enemy shots are bouncing back at them, and then finally your shield flies out and kills everything. Plus her delighted laugh when she crits someone is :3:

Transfusion grenades seem awesome to me playing solo as well. Chuck one when your shield gets busted so you have some health come in.

The other thing for solo play is to get alert to when an enemy has a rocket launcher. Once you hear those sound effects you know you need to be extra cagey and pull out whatever BS you have: cryo weapons, whatever the action skill you have is, grenade salvo, etc.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Pope Guilty posted:

I feel your pain on the multi-player aspect. My friend and I use coop games as an excuse to bullshit over Skype. We tried playing with other people and it just didn't work at all because we just wanted to take our sweet time and everyone else was sprinting through. Diablo III was particularly awful.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah my friend and I are running tvhm and never remember to leave strays when two Badasses show up at the very end of a spawn

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Running around as a Ceraunic Storm Athena with a Hellfire and that laser Moxxi gives you just before you go back to Helios is pretty loving amazing- I'm up to the last big map before Zarpedon, the one with the loaders you can turn into gun loaders and with the side quest to kill the couriers, and the Hellfire's kind of old so its damage is dropping off compared to enemy HP, but it sets people on fire so easily and reliably that it hardly matters. This skill tree's a blast.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Does anyone have experience with using the save editor? I'm trying to fix a quest that broke near the end of "Science and Violence" - Windows decided to forcibly install updates right after I killed the thing that ate the dude's keys and now I can't get into the area where the Eater of Keys is or knock on the scientist's window or move forward in the story.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Pope Guilty posted:

Running around as a Ceraunic Storm Athena with a Hellfire and that laser Moxxi gives you just before you go back to Helios is pretty loving amazing- I'm up to the last big map before Zarpedon, the one with the loaders you can turn into gun loaders and with the side quest to kill the couriers, and the Hellfire's kind of old so its damage is dropping off compared to enemy HP, but it sets people on fire so easily and reliably that it hardly matters. This skill tree's a blast.

If you can get a Storm Front then the real fun starts! Combine that with a bomber Oz kit and rain shock grenades all day.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
After a long break I am going to be playing this again on Xbox 360. I didn't get through the 500+ posts I have missed since I last played, so sorry if this has been covered: Does anyone else have a problem with headaches playing this game? No problem with BL 1 or 2, or anything other FPS, no change in tv. I think my brain might be allergic to the overall blue h

I'm pretty decent in a fight and like playing with goons. My equipment is probably a joke

GT- Hambonius 0mega (the "0" in 0mega is a zero)

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
So minor annoyance. Anyway to fix the frostfire glitch? I sold it a while back and I'm still getting randomly frozen.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

DLC campaign coming March 24th:

http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/news/borderlands-the-pre-sequel-claptastic-voyage-and-ultimate-vault-hunter-upgr

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Jesus, ten more levels? I'm pretty sure some builds are going to run out of worthwhile skills to take.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
And it's gonna be included in The Handsome Collection, in case anyone is holding out for that.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

quote:

Claptastic Voyage features a new customizable arena that lets you choose your own gravity settings, enemy difficulty, and more. There’s also a brand new glitched weapons system and many more fun surprises for you to discover.

OK, that sounds pretty cool.

I'm still waiting for the season pass to go on sale though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

So looking at release dates, it looks like Borderlands 2 came out September 18, 2012, Captain Scarlett on October 16, Torgue on November 20, Hammerlock on January 15, 2013, and Tina on June 25. Meanwhile the Pre-Sequel came out October 14th, 2014, and we're getting the first story DLC on March 24, 2015. I really hope the slow pace doesn't mean that this is all we're getting- the BL2 story DLC was a lot of fun, Hammerlock aside.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

We're not getting any campaign DLC. The Claptrap stuff is the the fourth piece of DLC, unless they have more beyond the initial announcement :smith:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I thought the level design in Pre-Sequel left a lot to be desired, but drat if I didn't LOVE the skill trees.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Chasiubao posted:

We're not getting any campaign DLC. The Claptrap stuff is the the fourth piece of DLC, unless they have more beyond the initial announcement :smith:

Well, the Claptrap stuff IS a campaign.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Pope Guilty posted:

So looking at release dates, it looks like Borderlands 2 came out September 18, 2012, Captain Scarlett on October 16, Torgue on November 20, Hammerlock on January 15, 2013, and Tina on June 25. Meanwhile the Pre-Sequel came out October 14th, 2014, and we're getting the first story DLC on March 24, 2015. I really hope the slow pace doesn't mean that this is all we're getting- the BL2 story DLC was a lot of fun, Hammerlock aside.

They've pretty much said the Claptrap DLC will be the only campaign DLC for this game.

But whatever, just bring on BL3 already. Pre-Sequel was fun enough but it was kind of a let down compared to BL2.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

smashpro1 posted:

Well, the Claptrap stuff IS a campaign.

Oh okay. I saw the arena part earlier and thought it was that, not a campaign plus arena.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Jibo posted:

They've pretty much said the Claptrap DLC will be the only campaign DLC for this game.

But whatever, just bring on BL3 already. Pre-Sequel was fun enough but it was kind of a let down compared to BL2.

Particularly given how short and small TPS is compared to BL2, that's a real bummer- I like these characters and their abilities, and I'd like a bigger sandbox to play with them in. :smith:

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Ooh

quote:

Claptastic Voyage features a new customizable arena that lets you choose your own gravity settings, enemy difficulty, and more. There’s also a brand new glitched weapons system

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

wdarkk posted:

Jesus, ten more levels? I'm pretty sure some builds are going to run out of worthwhile skills to take.
It will now be possible to have all three capstones at the same time. :black101:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Speedball posted:

I thought the level design in Pre-Sequel left a lot to be desired, but drat if I didn't LOVE the skill trees.

Pope Guilty posted:

Particularly given how short and small TPS is compared to BL2, that's a real bummer- I like these characters and their abilities, and I'd like a bigger sandbox to play with them in. :smith:

Agreed, 100%. The characters and skill trees are easily the best part of this game, by a long shot. Getting another skill usually adds another fun aspect to your fights, without being a burden. Then again, I've mostly been playing Ceraunic Storm Athena, and each new ability builds on the Maelstrom counter. I've noticed Claptrap's right and middle trees feel less cohesive, but they're just as fun. I haven't played Nisha or Wilhelm enough to comment on them.

Personality-wise, Wilhelm is hilarious.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Solumin posted:

Agreed, 100%. The characters and skill trees are easily the best part of this game, by a long shot. Getting another skill usually adds another fun aspect to your fights, without being a burden. Then again, I've mostly been playing Ceraunic Storm Athena, and each new ability builds on the Maelstrom counter. I've noticed Claptrap's right and middle trees feel less cohesive, but they're just as fun. I haven't played Nisha or Wilhelm enough to comment on them.

Personality-wise, Wilhelm is hilarious.

"AS A KID I WAS GOOD AT FIGHTS." :geno:

I've finished regular mode with Athena, Wilhelm, and Nisha, and I'm working on Jack right now. His middle tree looks pretty pointless solo, and his right tree looks like it'll be a lot of fun once I have ~15-20 points to put in it, but that left tree, which makes the doubles better, is working very nicely. Just have to remember to pop the doubles as often as possible since I'm used to saving the action skill for when it's needed.

Also, I haven't had time to play through more than the first quest, but so far I dig the Holodome. Gaige, Axton, and Tina bugging Athena for the shortest version of the story, one that cuts out the posts that aren't shooting or robots, is pretty funny, as is the reminder that Axton is pretty much the War Mage from Orcs Must Die.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Jibo posted:

The thing is it could have been really great too. The character and weapon design and ideas are fantastic, its just whoever worked the events and map design did a subpar job.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Dyz posted:

The thing is it could have been really great too. The character and weapon design and ideas are fantastic, its just whoever worked the events and map design did a subpar job.

Boganella versus all that jump pad fuckery.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Pope Guilty posted:

Axton is pretty much the War Mage from Orcs Must Die.

"Hey, stand in front of this!"

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

watho posted:

"Hey, stand in front of this!"

I remember liking him a lot when I started playing BL2, and realizing that it was the same actor doing the same voice, down to the inflection, was just marvelous.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Zarpedon is kicking my rear end if anyone is around on 360 to help in TVHM :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Handsome Collection won't let you use the Presequel characters in BL2, will it?

• Locked thread