Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Just finished the last thread and was delighted to find 50 pages of new thread. The last thread kept me going through some sad and challenging days in the last few months, reading a page or two each night. Thank you for making some hard days a little easier. See you again in a few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Shiroc posted:

I'm having a bad day that'll probably turn into a bad week. Does anyone have any particularly cute bears?

oliven
Jan 25, 2006

love all cats

Shiroc posted:

I'm having a bad day that'll probably turn into a bad week. Does anyone have any particularly cute bears?
Bears coming up!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Bears have that odd distinction of being one of the only animals that's gigantically huge, but still cute, but will kill you horribly.

I get lions are big cats, and tigers too, but they LOOK like they can and will eat you. Bears just kinda always looked a lil doofy to me. Like if they killed me via a bear hug it's cause they are crazy retarded happy to see me and just squeezed a little too hard while they petted me and called me George.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I really love this thread. I'm being kept overnight in the hospital, and it's proven wonderful for uplifting my spirits. (Bears :3: ) I'm going to put in a request for baby elephants because omg elephants.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I don't know what they put in hamster pellets but even big rodents like capybaras and maras like them

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

BattleMaster posted:

I don't know what they put in hamster pellets but even big rodents like capybaras and maras like them

Bunnies love them too. Wifeys rabbit would cut someone for Hamster treats :v:

oliven
Jan 25, 2006

love all cats

cool kids inc. posted:

I really love this thread. I'm being kept overnight in the hospital, and it's proven wonderful for uplifting my spirits. (Bears :3: ) I'm going to put in a request for baby elephants because omg elephants.

Baby elephants coming up!

I like to imagine the last one is being rescued from a particularly violent sneeze :3:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Not babies, but still pretty great.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

oliven posted:

Baby elephants coming up!

I like to imagine the last one is being rescued from a particularly violent sneeze :3:

Oh my lordy yes, does that uplift the spirits. That last one is so honkin' adorable. I love the first one, too. Just..PLONK face first into the drink.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Shiroc posted:

:eng101: REDUNDANT! All bears are particularly cute.

This is my favorite bear in the whole world:

You may have seen me post him in the recent "If bears are so dangerous, why are they so cute?" GBS thread, but I'm sure you don't mind seeing him again. (By the way, that question is the foremost philosophical dilemma of our time. Also, lotsa cute bears in that thread.)

You'd probably like to see some bearloaves, too, because really, who wouldn't? You're in luck, I happen to have one such picture saved on my work computer for just such an occasion.

You might have seen the bear who is famously friends with a lion and tiger. I will post his picture here because he is so eminently huggable-looking. I mean, just look at this big huggable head:

(That look of love on the tiger's face :kimchi:)

WANNA HUG ALL BEARS

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
One of my favorite stories regarding bears. :kimchi: I can't find the NatGeo article that first covered the story about ten years ago, but my favorite line was something like, "then the bear engulfed [the dog] in an embrace like a friendly, fluffy cloud."

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Dammit, animal pals are already adorable, but with lions, tigers, bears, and dogs being friends might just be too much :3:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnk15Wf6xMU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Oh my!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

The only good thing to come of that game.

Actually if Unity was all about a brotherhood of assassin kittens I would've been all over that.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Seeing cute bear photos makes me wanna pet one. :3:

Content:

Look at dis fat liddle tummy! :kimchi:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Anoia posted:

The only good thing to come of that game.

Actually if Unity was all about a brotherhood of assassin kittens I would've been all over that.

I know!

Who's the cutest little killing machine? You are aren't you? :kimchi: :black101:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

https://vine.co/v/OtBiBMFY0dD

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

A few photos from this series was posted earlier but this one wasn't and it's sorta bear related :colbert:

Pizookie
Apr 29, 2009
There's this great artist on twitter who draws all her tweets with an adorable bear character. Does that count? https://twitter.com/twobitart

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

https://vine.co/v/OHa76XHVqXm

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Frosty the snow owl came to life when they put the magic hat on his head! :keke:

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
I think Jim Henson's Creature Shop made this puppy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNot4iC7K8s

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011
"Fun" is not a design goal.
http://i.imgur.com/boDhoVu.webm

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

"...what?"

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
From the related sidebar. "I got it! I got it!" :3:
https://vine.co/v/OxXmAgxtvej

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
They really are birdcats.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

owls are just feathered cats. :kimchi:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Thanks for all the bears! Exactly what I needed :D

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Shiroc posted:

Thanks for all the bears! Exactly what I needed :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HAXnZKkhmI

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
too many bears, he should have dialed back on the bears a little...

also have a story about how 19 Manatees had to be rescued from a drainpipe

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

A quote from another article: "Wildlife officials said it's likely the manatees followed each other into the storm drainage pipe."

Manatees are sweetly stupid. I love them.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The lemmings of the sea

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
and as if Penguins couldn't get any more ridiculous

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

CombatBonta-kun posted:

I think Jim Henson's Creature Shop made this puppy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNot4iC7K8s

The girl pissing herself with laughter makes it even funnier than it already is.

Is there some group whose day job it is to make fake redditor comments and vote them up? Lately without fail, they're at the top of every cute animal video.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

davidspackage posted:

The girl pissing herself with laughter makes it even funnier than it already is.

Is there some group whose day job it is to make fake redditor comments and vote them up? Lately without fail, they're at the top of every cute animal video.

Yes. You're going to want to get the fedora blocker addon for chrome.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I want an owl so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliven
Jan 25, 2006

love all cats

Pesterchum posted:

Yes. You're going to want to get the fedora blocker addon for chrome.

This is also available for Firefox and Opera, apparently! Links to all three here. (I hope this is ok to link)

• Locked thread