Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

DOOMocrat posted:

Anyone know when next restart is? Every tabletop loot spawn is just combat knives, shirts, bottles or machetes. I've been dropping them on the floor as a public service.

quote:

H1Z1 servers will be coming down tonight at 3AM and remain down for 2 hours.

Patch Notes | 20/02/15

Weapons

Increased shotgun damage

Slightly increased shotgun recoil

Increased 1911 damage

Battle Royale

Cleaned up persisting rewards and safe zone information between Battle Royale matches

Base Building

Upper Level Walls, Shelters, and Stairs can now be crafted. These look like the walls, stairs, and shelters that you are used to, but they can be stacked on top of placed walls and shelters. This means that metal walls can now be two walls high. Structures can be placed on top of other structures for more variation of layout. Stairs can be placed on top of shelters for greater vantage points.

The Metal Gate is now almost twice as tall.

Metal Walls, Shelters and Large Shelters now require more of the same components to craft.

Vehicles

Vehicle collisions with terrain boulders should be more stable, still dangerous but less likely to toss the vehicle up in the air.

Adjusted the requirements for vehicle entry to help improve the response time.

Vehicle death explosions should now consistently damage players in the immediate vicinity.

So you finally no longer have to resort to dumb fuckery to make your base perimeter safe from being simply jumped over and they've added two-story bases. More mats to make poo poo is a bummer, though. I liked building full-sized but empty bases in various locations to see how long it takes for someone to break in. Crowbars all over the drat place these days so you gotta do something with them.

Usually I just get insta-murdered by hackers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
building poo poo is still pointless and dull imo, getting a group of people together and screwing around with pubbies is fun; especially picking up a random noob and get him to 1v1 another noob with his bare hands. sometimes i might feel generous and give the winner something.

but can't do anything about hackers though.

Ron fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 20, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

If you aren't just grabbing the first weapons you can find and going on the warpath I don't know what to tell you. Unless they implement Rust-style respawning there doesn't seem to be much reason to settle down and build a house. Maybe a nice murder car instead.

Seriously it is surprising how easy it is to kill a fully kitted out person with a butter knife if you manage to get in melee distance and they are alone. Pubbies rely on their guns way too much and it gets th killed as long as you just rush them with a melee weapon.

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
true, i still feel hella vulnerable whenever i'm fully equipped, i also get paranoid as gently caress.

imo i think (realistically speaking) they should make helmets impenetrable by arrows and perhaps add (bullet proof ? ehh maybe too overpowered) vests, or atleast some sort of body armor.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

DreamShipWrecked posted:

If you aren't just grabbing the first weapons you can find and going on the warpath I don't know what to tell you. Unless they implement Rust-style respawning there doesn't seem to be much reason to settle down and build a house. Maybe a nice murder car instead.

Seriously it is surprising how easy it is to kill a fully kitted out person with a butter knife if you manage to get in melee distance and they are alone. Pubbies rely on their guns way too much and it gets th killed as long as you just rush them with a melee weapon.

A shotgun or AR is dicey but yeah, most people will try to shoot you with a bow or a pistol and get wrecked.

If they can manage positional damage I'd like to see a hit to the head from behind with a melee weapon be an instant kill on an un-helmeted person and severely wounding on those with helmets.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
I just spent the entire evening, not dying, I have not seen a player only heard a car once.
That's really akward, I usually get slaughter from behind 5 times an hour.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
Any word yet when the first H1Z1 DLC will start?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

New shotgun is the truth. Killed five separate ambushers today.

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
does it oneshoot at close range? i haven't tested it myself yet

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I've only dropped injured people in one go. If you can land two pellets to the head or three to center mass, probably.

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
I smoked three schmucks that were held up in a house in Cranberry with the shotgun, make of that what you will

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
If you wait in the queue when you miss a Battle Royale game, do you get dropped into the next one?

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
no, you only queue up for that particular server, so if you're number 1 in queue and someone leaves the game whilst being in the pre-match-box-thing you get in; but that never happens though.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
You should never wait more than like 30 seconds if you get the BR queue. It'll either put you in the game by then or else you'll be waiting like 30 minutes for the next game on that server.

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
Get on Mumble and come play on Ground Zero with me

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

They *really* need to add some kind of loot recycling. Every house is knives and bottles.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I just started playing this. After dying probably 10 times I now have a .308 with two bullets, .45 with 9, AR15 with 4 bullets, backpack and other random crap. I've claimed a house and a jeep that I keep the spark plugs and battery for when I exit.

I haven't bothered hunting or crafting anything. I have a combat knife for backup, and everything else like hunting seems like a waste of time when I can find all the food I need or resort to mom's chicken. I don't see the point of building a camp either when I can just use a house.

Now that I have everything I want the game is pretty boring playing solo and it's way to risky searching for pubbies to gently caress with. I'm on the Fallen server if anyone is interested in teaming up.

e. also regarding hackers, a guy ran through a wall and head shot me during my second game, and on my latest one an invisible dude started talking to me so I stalled him until I could log out.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Try not to focus on collecting poo poo, yeah guns and cars are fun, but instead focus on going out and making memories.

This helped me enjoy this game and alleviate any stress that I had with playing it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So I've been playing on the Another Day server when I haven't been playing on Ground Zero with goons lately, and I have seen some weird poo poo go down. This includes a role-played human sacrifice at a church (:stare:) and a group using a "siren"- a woman calling out for help and baiting the unaware into an ambush. Hacks seem to be a little bit of a problem- there have been at least two occasions when I've gotten into a standoff with someone where I had a bow and they only had a combat knife or machete, and suddenly, my health goes down to 1% with severe bleeding and I'm dead a second or two later. The other player is usually no closer than 30 feet away when this happens, so I dunno what's up with that.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Human bait and sacrifice. This sounds amazing.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
So is this game worth buying now for any reason? I've been wanting to give an open-world zombie sandbox game a shot and I heard this one was now "the best" but all this talk about hackers murdering me in minutes has me a little wary. It'd probably be funny the first few times it happens, but not if it's every single time I respawn. I'm not paying 20 bucks so a twelve-year-old kid can jack off over the power of inconveniencing people.

suboptimal posted:

So I've been playing on the Another Day server when I haven't been playing on Ground Zero with goons lately, and I have seen some weird poo poo go down. This includes a role-played human sacrifice at a church (:stare:) and a group using a "siren"- a woman calling out for help and baiting the unaware into an ambush. Hacks seem to be a little bit of a problem- there have been at least two occasions when I've gotten into a standoff with someone where I had a bow and they only had a combat knife or machete, and suddenly, my health goes down to 1% with severe bleeding and I'm dead a second or two later. The other player is usually no closer than 30 feet away when this happens, so I dunno what's up with that.

Emergent gameplay like this makes it sound amusing though.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
king vidiot, the game was amazing the first week when hackers were minimal and the :bandwagon: was in full swing. if i were you, i'd save my 20 until (if) daybreak ever seriously addresses the hacker problem.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
Buy the drat game, it's quite fun.

Xegaus
Sep 27, 2006
King of nothing!

King Vidiot posted:

So is this game worth buying now for any reason? I've been wanting to give an open-world zombie sandbox game a shot and I heard this one was now "the best" but all this talk about hackers murdering me in minutes has me a little wary. It'd probably be funny the first few times it happens, but not if it's every single time I respawn. I'm not paying 20 bucks so a twelve-year-old kid can jack off over the power of inconveniencing people.

Your mileage will vary. If you play with friend or goons, this game is a ton of fun. But there is a hacker presence in this game, and you will most likely run into them sooner or later. So getting attached the stuff you find or build (unless in a PvE server) is pointless. It’s pointless anyway because the game is still in alpha and player wipes will happen. But at the start of a new character you can build a bow and arrows very easily, and finding mats to build hatchets and spears isn't that hard. Its with that stuff where I have the most fun with the game. Getting a big group of new spawns with bows and spears and rushing into an apartment complex being held up by 2 players with guns is hilariously satisfying. I've gotten my 20 bucks out of this game.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
This poo poo has been growing on me alot, im loving it. Would love to play with some goons.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/squarep

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
sure, i play it sometimes, usually check out mumble before i do

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
I bought this game last night. I liked it WAY more than DayZ. Battle Royales are hard as gently caress to get into, so I abandoned that idea and started out on the Blackout server. It so frustrating not being able to find useful things, but the atmosphere was pretty immersive and I did get genuinely startled two or three times at night so I had fun.

People suck, though. Getting merc'd over two shotgun shells and a can of tuna is some poo poo.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

DGC posted:

The servers will be coming offline tonight at 3AM Pacific for approximately 2 hours.

Patch Notes 2/25

Base Building

The Upper Level Wall recipe is now discoverable.

Doors can now be placed in Upper Level structure doorways.

Increased base health by 10 times.

Weapons

Melee weapons will now lose more durability when hitting player built structures that are made of metal.

Features

Report Last Killer" button added to death screen

Bugfixes

Players jumping/landing on stationary vehicles should no longer be killed unexpectedly.

"Aim Punch" issues addressed for 3rd and 1st Person:

For Third, we split the flinch reactions into two types – if you’re holding a firing weapon, flinches will be in the neck and head region only (allows you to fire and flinch at the same time without losing aim). If you’re holding a one hand melee weapon or open fists, the entire upper body flinch will play as normal.

For First, we added a case to make sure flinches only happen if being grappled (they were being triggered even when not being grappled).

Player and World Wipe

Server and Player Wipe 2 will take place during this patch. You will see significant changes moving forward. Since players can no longer be able to stack items on top of each other, you shouldn’t see barricades and other annoying structures.

If you are not familiar with what a server and player wipe entails, please read this post.

In an effort to reallocate servers for better distribution we are making the following changes. Please refer to the following list to incase your server was affected. We understand that your favorite server might be one of the ones coming offline but because of the player and world wipe you will get to start fresh on a new server the next time you log in. Removing these servers from the list will give us more flexibility as we add new rulesets. You will see them again but with a new coat of paint. Removing them now helps un ensure we won’t have to reallocate many more times in the future.

various servers are being repurposed and moved around. read it here for the full list of servers.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I basically did this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zJlsc8GU50

to two guys who tried to mug me in Rancho Taquito on Another Day. It owned. Thanks for all the gear, guys!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

quote:

Increased base health by 10 times.

I wonder what they mean by this exactly.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Republicans posted:

I wonder what they mean by this exactly.

It sounds like rot remains the same but doors and walls have been made stronger.

Edit: Killed by fully geared guy within 10 minutes of the server coming up. Had helmet, car, shotgun, the works. Russian hacker. Oh my God.

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 25, 2015

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

DOOMocrat posted:

It sounds like rot remains the same but doors and walls have been made stronger.

Edit: Killed by fully geared guy within 10 minutes of the server coming up. Had helmet, car, shotgun, the works. Russian hacker. Oh my God.

To be fair, it's really easy to get fully geared when the servers are reset as loot is plentiful.

I think the "report last killer" on the death screen is hilarious, going to be so many rage-reports now!

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I'd really like to know where he got a military backpack, shotgun, multiple shells, a car, and X-ray specs to see me prone. That was... I like this game, but that's rough.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
From the videos I've seen of this game, my one sticking point is the almost total lack of zombies. Maybe zombies are "played out", but I do expect to occasionally see zombies in a zombie game. I think if they focused on making a larger zombie count and making it stable, you'd see a lot less dickery and random killing of other players. As of right now there seems to be no goal other than hoarding poo poo and making little lean-to shacks to put the poo poo (temporarily) into.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

King Vidiot posted:

From the videos I've seen of this game, my one sticking point is the almost total lack of zombies. Maybe zombies are "played out", but I do expect to occasionally see zombies in a zombie game. I think if they focused on making a larger zombie count and making it stable, you'd see a lot less dickery and random killing of other players. As of right now there seems to be no goal other than hoarding poo poo and making little lean-to shacks to put the poo poo (temporarily) into.

One hostage, they double the amount of zombies with at least 20-30 outside the police station.

It makes the game much more difficult as you don't want to waste your ammo on zombies but any melee fight you'll still lose health.

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.
Just got this game and playing with my brother-in-law and a few friends. Any suggestions on a good spot to build a base? Where are the best spawns for guns and ammo? Is it police and fire stations like Day Z?

I'll jump on with the rest of you Goons after I learn the ropes.

A few more questions.
If I break down a door on another players shack, can I replace it with one I built and change the key code? Can I place structures on another players foundation/platform?

South fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 25, 2015

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

South posted:

Just got this game and playing with my brother-in-law and a few friends. Any suggestions on a good spot to build a base? Where are the best spawns for guns and ammo? Is it police and fire stations like Day Z?

Really just police stations, and they are usually occupied. Residential neighborhoods add up getting 1-3 rounds at a time, but big gun ammo is rarer.

South posted:

A few more questions.
If I break down a door on another players shack, can I replace it with one I built and change the key code? Can I place structures on another players foundation/platform?

I'm not sure about that one. There are ownership rules, as you don't have to unlock a door you set the code for. Whether you can basejack like that, I'm not sure.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

DOOMocrat posted:

I'd really like to know where he got a military backpack, shotgun, multiple shells, a car, and X-ray specs to see me prone. That was... I like this game, but that's rough.

I was watching someone stream and chat was saying that if you set graphics to low that shrubbery and stuff isnt nearly as visible and its much easier to see players.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

I was watching someone stream and chat was saying that if you set graphics to low that shrubbery and stuff isnt nearly as visible and its much easier to see players.

I was in a gas station. Thinking about it, he probably saw me in third person when he drove by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

South posted:

A few more questions.

Yes you can. Thought if doors have 10x the heath they used to this is going to take a long rear end time.

• Locked thread